1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

While it's true that Jimera got a bit offensive towards the nonbelievers, anyone who chose to trust that Mr XY started some new grandiose scandal were likely to trust him right away with no questions because they wanted to believe so badly that it was fake. Hence, they weren't thinking about the legitimacy of his "confession" because they didn't want to consider the legitimacy of NewMewtwo. I'd put it to you that if you're going to target a putdown on a speculation forum, you should be the first to reevaluate your life.

Anyway, what were the first couple of Gen V Pokemon to be revealed? Minccino and Pansage, right? We're likely to see one of the new token cute-mons if it's not any of the route 1 vermin.
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Zorua & Zoroark, then the starters, then the box legends. The first set of normal Pokemon were Pidove, Minccino, Darmanitan, Klink, Munna, Sandile & Blitzle.
  3. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

That is precisely my point. They wanted so badly for it to be a fake that they didn't stop to consider the legitimacy of the claim. Hence, they fell for it without thinking it through. I apologize for wording it somewhat insultingly, but it's the simple truth.

And you shouldn't end off your posts with blatant (not to mention rather weak) ad hominem attacks in this forum, or anywhere for that matter. It's generally frowned upon you know?
  4. Issus

Issus

Completely new to the whole thread thing, so apologies if i get anything wrong. I've been lurking this thread for a while now, and I haven't seen anyone suggest that the "big news" of a new pokemon being confirmed today, could actually be sylveon's counterpart. If indeed GF sticks to the "two new eeveelutions every even generation" pattern. patterns aren't concrete evidence, but I sure hope there's a super-masculine equivalent to counter the Feminine nature that sylveon possesses.

EDIT: There is plausable reason to doubt this, as the eeveelutions might have been released together if there were going to be two. but seeing as we're supposedly only getting one new pokemon today, it might just be the counterpart to Sylveon (the last confirmed pokemon to have been released).
  5. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

Considering the short we're gonna get before the Genesect movie has only shown Sylveon, and the typography for said short only references the current Eeveelutions + Eevee + Sylveon, I doubt it even has a counterpart. See:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I must also be the only person who thinks Sylveon actually looks masculine (well, like a young boy). I also think Leafeon looks this way.
  6. Exbo

Exbo

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/res/11877555 Just showed up on 4chan... I mean I know it's 4chan but still, this time it kinda looks real. Does anyone else know who they are talking about in the first post? Are they really that trustworthy?
  7. b2j135

b2j135

You know what, you bring up a good point. What if Eevee doesn't evolve into Sylveon unless it's a female Eevee? Surely there is MORE to it, perhaps we'll get a new method, but maybe this is one of the requirements...kind of like Frosslass or Gallade. I just hope it doesn't matter why time of the day it is...
  8. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

From rusty Spanish, it looks like the guy who posted (I don't remember Wottergate nor PokeExperto too well, so I don't recognize him) is just commenting on how it looks super-real, using other posters to support this. I don't think he's a mythical inside source of some kind.
  9. Issus

Issus

Well I guess that's a rather large whole in my idea. But there's still a chance that they just chose to release Sylveon before it's counterpart (fight-eon?) to hype it up for the upcoming short, Sylveon being more important somehow. almost completely baseless on my part, but hey ho. (I got the quote thing to work, GO ME).

EDIT. The short before Pokemon 3000 featured Elekid, but not Magby or Smoochum, as a main plot character, seemingly unrelated as they aren't part of the same evo chain but the same assumption can apply here too, they might only need Sylveon and it's yet unconfirmed ability to fly (or at least glide through the air) as the other eeveelutions so far, lack that ability. We'll have to wait and see though.
  10. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

And suddenly, ninfia is fire/fighting.
  11. Chessmaster56

Chessmaster56

So, how much longer until Smash?
  12. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

I personally like legendaries as they kinda explain something. Like diagla time palkia space and Giratina other dimension. Gen 5 main legends, reshiram and zekrom, based off truth and ideals, showed a great thing. But wat bothers me is(i played black only),in Pokemon white , is zekrom still considered the Pokemon of ideals and reshiram truths? So does that make wat N is doing truthful??

Also, when I asked they couldn't be captured I didn't mean in game, obviously u can catch them in game that the game motto, catch them or kill them.
  13. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

~21 hours
  14. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Personally, watchog is annoying and useful, in game, I used watchog to hypno my enemies to sleep, then use super fang to reduce their hp, finishing it with a silk-scarf, giga impact, normal STAB. Or if I know the trainers Pokemon is gonna be tough, normal gem replaces silk-scarf. Also linoone is fast and strong, just lack of a good ability, I always used a linoone on my sapphire, and since shadow ball was a physical move, rapes the ghost elite 4
  15. Farrac

Farrac

I'm a Spaniard actually, so I'll translate it for you guys

Sorry about my lame English anyway ^^u

Also, I know of another Spanish guy who works for the oficial Spanish Nintendo magazine. He was the one who leaked the starters evos. No one here believed him. Now he strongly confirms the Mewtwo new form. I talked to him and he told me the same as this guy above, more or less.

EDIT: Now that I think, they could be the same person. I know the real name of the guy I was talking about but I don't know his nick in Pokexperto because I don't like that site that much since Smogon is bigger and such.

DOUBLE EDIT: Confirmed, he is the same guy. His twitter nick matches with his PxP one. And he is a reliable source, considering his past leaks.
  16. Issus

Issus

Well I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that, I was always a little indifferent about the new Mewtwo form. I'd much rather hear about some of the pokemon that we know nothing about yet. Please don't let this pokemon reveal be just the Mewtwo form....
  17. Dia

Dia

From the context and the examples he used, e just posted his opinion. I speak fluent spanish (i was raised in and live in colombia).
    If you could provide a link, I'd translate the whole thing for you.
    EDIT: I ignored the guy he quoted on. Yeah, based on that, it's his opinion. The other guy said "It's fake, or, at least, there are signs of it being fake."
  18. Yveltal

Yveltal

I nominate Farrac as Smogon's official speculation "inside guy". Somebody get him a badge :P To be serious though, thanks for posting that. I've been getting to like NewMewtwo, and it'd be a shame now if he was fake ^_^

R N, thanks. I was looking for the first batch of normal/common Gen V Pokemon that got leaked. I'm thinking that unless they have plans for yet another Pokemon to appear in the new movie (ermagerd, SuperSableye pretty please with all the sugarplums on top), I'd say it's a safe bet that they'll reveal something Minccino or Munna-esque. Something with some sort of in-battle gimmick/signature move, like with Minccino's Tail Sweep. Looking at the advertisement for tomorrow's episode, though, they use three differently colored question mark panels to blot out the posters and screenshot. Maybe we'll get three new ones?

EDIT because more posts choke up the thread- Macargo, that bit of green is a part of a tree in the background. If you're talking about that smidge of dark green next to the question mark where it covers the tree in the background, I think that's part of the trees shading.
  19. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Show Hide

[​IMG]

If you look closely, you can see a bit of green on the pokemon. Because of this, I think the pokemon revealed will be a grass type.
  20. Issus

Issus

[​IMG]

OH THE FEELS, HE NEEDS A MUMMY GOD DAMN IT T_T

EDIT: "Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind."
  21. Zowayix

Zowayix

No, that's just the background trees. Watch the entire clip and you'll see this clearly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhvApViM6Qs
    (start at 0:19)
  22. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

23. Yveltal

Yveltal

YES!! There's a good reason that Sabeleye is a sneaky little prankster! Suddely, I'm reminded of The Last of the Dashkin when I look at that picture. It and Lilo and Stich both have a cute furry character saying "I'm lost...!" in one context or another.
  24. Issus

Issus

I have no idea what that is, but I do agree with the point about him having a reason as to why he's so mischievous. he's had no mother to influence or guide him through life. My god I hope he evolves this generation, or else my heart might break. T_T
  25. Yveltal

Yveltal

You're reading my mind right now. It would be painful in several manners to finally hear something about a Sableye evolution ten weeks from now as they're showing prescreenings of the new movie. I kind of want it to evolve in the middle of the movie like the Munchlax in Destiny Deoxys, only to have more utility to the plot than a stepping stone after evolution.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)