1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infernis

Infernis

Yes. They are legendary.

There have been many of each legendary beast shown in the anime, there are events coded into Heart Gold and Soul Silver about creating a new Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, and several trainers have captured and used an Articuno. (Lawrence III, Frontier Brain Noland, Team Rocket.) There are others. Manaphy can explicitly breed.

The legendary beasts and birds, Lugia, Celebi, Lati@s, Darkrai, Heatran, the Regis, the Lake Guardians, Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem (all formes) have been shown to be captured by someone other than the player character of the main series games. In-game, they can all obviously be caught.

Heatran live inside volcanoes, and the fanon is that they power said volcanoes.

A Latios explicitly died in one of the movies. As far as I know, neither Heatran nor any Regi has died.

Moreover, the Regis actually have legends written down about them. Barely any other legendary actually has that.
  2. shockwave527

shockwave527

My question is, as I was never really sure about this: is Phione legendary?

I guess that's kind of off topic though, but it's just one more day until the news!
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Phione is legendary as of that big Pokemon.com poll

Legendary status subject to change at any given time
  4. b2j135

b2j135

really? when was this?
    I thought that if you could breed you were deemed non-legendary...
  5. R_N

R_N

Like last year. Mew won, remember? A ton of people -convinced- that we'd get DW abilities out of it and everything.
  6. Lolmeister

Lolmeister

This may be changing the conversation a little bit but I was wondering what you guys are hoping for in tomorrows announcement. I am personally hoping for more pokemon to speculate about and maybe reveal Sylveon's type. (Sure hope its a Normal or Flying type.)
  7. R_N

R_N

It's...pretty explicitly a new Pokemon.
    I doubt we'll get any Slyveon information.
    Masuda will likely show off mewtwo's new forme.
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I would love to know the starting route Bug, Bird, and Rodent, but learning types would be awesome.
  9. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Why do people get so flustered over "too many" legendaries or "too many" new form(e)s. Honestly, how does having more detract from those already around? Even just the cosmetic stuff like Keldeo's Resolution forme, at the end of the day its just a different "skin" for Keldeo and I thought people were crazy about those. LoL's skin shop is a testament to that xD Also just be excited over new Pokemon, honestly a new Mewtwo forme is like a huge childhood boner for me, also if I can use Mewtwo in OU.... on man it'll be on every team if it's just half decent.
  10. Lolmeister

Lolmeister

Yeah it would be great to know about the pokemon you meet at the beginning of the game. As long as the new rodent (if there is one) looks good this time around and is actually useful enough for it to not be a HM Slave (I'm looking at you Bidoof...) Then I'll be happy :)
  11. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'm pretty sure people wanted it to be fake because that form looks like shit. It has nothing to do with "not thinking". Honestly, if you're putting this much thought into something so trivial, you probably need to reevaluate your life
  12. Lolmeister

Lolmeister

I agree with you especially on the mewtwo part. I'm probably one of few people in this world who likes the new form.
  13. Yveltal

Yveltal

While it's true that Jimera got a bit offensive towards the nonbelievers, anyone who chose to trust that Mr XY started some new grandiose scandal were likely to trust him right away with no questions because they wanted to believe so badly that it was fake. Hence, they weren't thinking about the legitimacy of his "confession" because they didn't want to consider the legitimacy of NewMewtwo. I'd put it to you that if you're going to target a putdown on a speculation forum, you should be the first to reevaluate your life.

Anyway, what were the first couple of Gen V Pokemon to be revealed? Minccino and Pansage, right? We're likely to see one of the new token cute-mons if it's not any of the route 1 vermin.
  14. R_N

R_N

Zorua & Zoroark, then the starters, then the box legends. The first set of normal Pokemon were Pidove, Minccino, Darmanitan, Klink, Munna, Sandile & Blitzle.
  15. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

That is precisely my point. They wanted so badly for it to be a fake that they didn't stop to consider the legitimacy of the claim. Hence, they fell for it without thinking it through. I apologize for wording it somewhat insultingly, but it's the simple truth.

And you shouldn't end off your posts with blatant (not to mention rather weak) ad hominem attacks in this forum, or anywhere for that matter. It's generally frowned upon you know?
  16. Issus

Issus

Completely new to the whole thread thing, so apologies if i get anything wrong. I've been lurking this thread for a while now, and I haven't seen anyone suggest that the "big news" of a new pokemon being confirmed today, could actually be sylveon's counterpart. If indeed GF sticks to the "two new eeveelutions every even generation" pattern. patterns aren't concrete evidence, but I sure hope there's a super-masculine equivalent to counter the Feminine nature that sylveon possesses.

EDIT: There is plausable reason to doubt this, as the eeveelutions might have been released together if there were going to be two. but seeing as we're supposedly only getting one new pokemon today, it might just be the counterpart to Sylveon (the last confirmed pokemon to have been released).
  17. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

Considering the short we're gonna get before the Genesect movie has only shown Sylveon, and the typography for said short only references the current Eeveelutions + Eevee + Sylveon, I doubt it even has a counterpart. See:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I must also be the only person who thinks Sylveon actually looks masculine (well, like a young boy). I also think Leafeon looks this way.
  18. Exbo

Exbo

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/res/11877555 Just showed up on 4chan... I mean I know it's 4chan but still, this time it kinda looks real. Does anyone else know who they are talking about in the first post? Are they really that trustworthy?
  19. b2j135

b2j135

You know what, you bring up a good point. What if Eevee doesn't evolve into Sylveon unless it's a female Eevee? Surely there is MORE to it, perhaps we'll get a new method, but maybe this is one of the requirements...kind of like Frosslass or Gallade. I just hope it doesn't matter why time of the day it is...
  20. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

From rusty Spanish, it looks like the guy who posted (I don't remember Wottergate nor PokeExperto too well, so I don't recognize him) is just commenting on how it looks super-real, using other posters to support this. I don't think he's a mythical inside source of some kind.
  21. Issus

Issus

Well I guess that's a rather large whole in my idea. But there's still a chance that they just chose to release Sylveon before it's counterpart (fight-eon?) to hype it up for the upcoming short, Sylveon being more important somehow. almost completely baseless on my part, but hey ho. (I got the quote thing to work, GO ME).

EDIT. The short before Pokemon 3000 featured Elekid, but not Magby or Smoochum, as a main plot character, seemingly unrelated as they aren't part of the same evo chain but the same assumption can apply here too, they might only need Sylveon and it's yet unconfirmed ability to fly (or at least glide through the air) as the other eeveelutions so far, lack that ability. We'll have to wait and see though.
  22. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

And suddenly, ninfia is fire/fighting.
  23. Chessmaster56

Chessmaster56

So, how much longer until Smash?
  24. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

I personally like legendaries as they kinda explain something. Like diagla time palkia space and Giratina other dimension. Gen 5 main legends, reshiram and zekrom, based off truth and ideals, showed a great thing. But wat bothers me is(i played black only),in Pokemon white , is zekrom still considered the Pokemon of ideals and reshiram truths? So does that make wat N is doing truthful??

Also, when I asked they couldn't be captured I didn't mean in game, obviously u can catch them in game that the game motto, catch them or kill them.
  25. R_N

R_N

~21 hours
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)