1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

I don't understand why people think Wish Form Mewtwo could be a Flying type. If he moves like a hurricane(he rushes in and leaves behind a trail of turmoil? Arceus better watch out) and can use powerful Flying techniques, doesn't that say to you that he's such a powerful psychic, he can distort air on a whim at the same level of ease it takes to create psychic energy for a more natural technique(something that he would get STAB for using)?

I think Light types would be like a gaggle of prima donnas. The kind of stuff that a Dark type would wanna Beat Up (budum bum)
  2. kkross007

kkross007

Some would argue Dragon and Steel types are overpowered. I don't necessarily agree with them, but I understand where they're coming from.

As for underpowered types, I think Grass and Fire would fall under that category.
  3. Infernis

Infernis

Eh, grass and fire have Sun to play with. Poison, Ice, and non-Steel bugs really get the shaft.
  4. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

Fire ? Underpowered type ? lol

Underpowered type = Grass, Poison. Ice attack is a great but Ice type is the worst type ever.
  5. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Imagine this forme actually stronger than the original forme? I wouldn't be surprised if they do that...
  6. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

Rock is worse defensively than Ice.
  7. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Rock is weak to: Fighting, Ground, Steel, Water and Grass
    Ice is weak to: Fighting, Rock, Steel and Fire
    Grass is weak to: Flying, Poison, Bug, Fire and Ice

Yep! Rock and Grass are the worst types defensively when it comes to the type chart.
  8. LightningLord2

LightningLord2

However, Ice only resists itself, while Rock resists Normal, Flying, Poison and Fire (which is at least a little useful) and gets more SpDef in sandstorm and Grass resists Electric, Grass, Water and Ground (which is actually very good).
  9. felix

felix

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but apparently Serebii stated in his forum that Newtwo was originally referred as Eclair forme in the original leak. He specified Eclair as in lighting or flash, not the food.
  10. Lolmeister

Lolmeister

I wake up to find out the only thing that was announced was this thing
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

While I find it pretty cool I wish they announced something else to :(. I guess we'll have to wait and see if CoroCoro reveals anything.
  11. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I share the worries of many others that CoroCoro will tell us absolutely nothing more than what the video revealed. "Look at this Pokémon! It looks a lot like Mewtwo! What can it be?". If we're lucky, we get its height and weight.

However, there's always the trailer on the 18th to look forward to. Serebii says, and it's fairly reasonable to assume, that we'll get to know more then.
  12. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

To be honest, I don't want to know lots of things. Maybe the starters evolutions types, and the two legendary types. I'm more interested on new concepts and the story (no more 8 gyms / Elite 4 / evil team, something more original etc). God knows that BW (and a bit BW2) was my favourite generation thanks to the GREAT storyline
  13. Lunanight

Lunanight

Maybe they go all Black/White Kyurem on us with this. What if this new Mewtwo form is as a result of fusing Mew and Mewtwo? It wouldn't be too farfetched considered Mewtwo is a "clone" of Mew. Fusing both to make a Pokemon of greater power would be interesting.

Type: Psychic
    Ability: Pressure (from Mewtwo), Synchronise (Mew), or some brand new XY ability (Much more likely). If it has an ability, it might nulify the opponent's priority of something to tie into the movie. An example could be one ability which makes all moves, or even just the ones with +1 or higher priority, become +0 priority while Mewtwo is out. It would be like Air Lock in that you can still use Bullet Punch/Extremespeed/Sucker Punch/Pursuit when Mewtwo switches out/etc but they won't grant you priority at all.

Logically, it's BST will probably be one of the following:
    HP - 106
    Attack - 110
    Defence - 90
    Special Attack - 154
    Special Defence - 90
    Speed - 130
    Total: 680
    This would be the exact same BST as Mewtwo's regular form. The form likely granting Mewtwo a new ability which makes it far superior to its regular form (such as the priority nulifying ability) and/or another new move which will probably have about 90-150 base power (Psychic version of Spacial Rend? Psychic version of Draco Meteor? Psychic version of Extremespeed as a special based move?).

OR

HP - 106
    Attack - 110
    Defence - 90
    Special Attack - 130
    Special Defence - 90
    Speed - 154
    Total: 680
    Speedy Mewtwo is speedy. Makes sense that in order to fight the Extremespeed Genesect that it would have hightened speed in this form at the cost of some power...and 130 base SpAtk is still great, being higher than a massive majority of non-Uber Pokemon.
  14. b2j135

b2j135

Fixed
    Sprites aren't used in X & Y, only y the 3D models, but yeah it looks SO BOSS!
  15. wackawacka

wackawacka

Knowing GameFreak we will probably get a girafarig evolution
  16. b2j135

b2j135

I am really starting to doubt that this forme is just a resolute thing like Keldeo...maybe it IS going to change type and get a new stat spread a la Shaymin Sky forme.
    If you look at it gameplay-wise Genesect with a scarfed U-turn +1 attack will DEMOLISH current Mewtwo, but Psychic/Flying Mewtwo with maybe a bit more Defense and Hurricane with some Drizzle assist and a life orb/choice specs will send Genesect flying back to the stone age :p
    What do you guys think?

Also
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

XD
  17. jynx

jynx

Mewtwo can evolve into Mewthree after obtaining the item "Jessie's hair" and then level up.........

*just trolling*
  18. cantab

cantab

Since people are doing stat spreads, a new idea

106/110/90/154/154/130
    Ability: Special Sync. Boosts and drops to SpA and SpD are duplicated to the other one.

Basically makes him RBY Mewtwo again, at least stats-wise. Amnesia gives +2 to SpA and SpD, so he basically gets Nasty Plot on the offensive, while his special bulk now matches Lugia's.
  19. PokemonXY

PokemonXY

Did I miss the discussion about what moves the new pokemon (mewtwo) uses? I'm guessing:

1) Psyshock
    2) Energy Ball
    3) Shadow Ball
    4) Blizzard
    5) Psycho Cut
    6) Focus Blast

What do you guys think?

Oh and now there will be these Pokemon in the game (just by this trailer, not the other 2)

-Genesect
    -Cranidos
    -Rampardos
    -Shellder
    -Cloyster
    -Magikarp
    -Gyarados
    -Machop
    -Machoke
    -Machamp
    -Zangoose
  20. Mijzelffan

Mijzelffan

Psytrike and Psycho Boost.

1) is probably Psystrike.
  21. Jcpdragonx

Jcpdragonx

Gen 2, I was happy. Gen 3, I was happy. Gen 4, was eh, but it grew on me.

The designs for gen 5 were trash imo. From starters, to useless filler Pokemon to legendaries. Very unappealing.

So far for Gen 6, I quite like what has been shown. The Y legendary, the starters, Sylveon and the Mew(x) design is really quite simple, which works.
  22. PokemonXY

PokemonXY

You're right it is! I didn't think about that. But it looks almost the same like in Black and White.
  23. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Focus Blast looks pretty awesome. Too bad we won't see it often if you know what I mean. XD
  24. Jean mi

Jean mi

It was not focus miss obviously, because it didn't miss...
  25. ~Eon~

~Eon~

Did anyone else feel like the new mewtwo is something from dragon ball z?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)