1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolmeister

Lolmeister

Yeah it reminds me a bit of the various Majin Buu forms.
  2. Intergalactic

Intergalactic

Of course it's going to be Speed-oriented, it has a spoiler on its head for added downforce.
  3. Forsety

Forsety

I'm not sure if anyone has entertained the thought it's not a alternate form but a completely different mon related to the Mew series.

For one thing it doesn't even share Mewtwo's eyes, one thing every alternate form in the whole series has had in common is they have never changed eye colour. However this new pokemon has red eyes instead of purple like Mewtwo. Even things which changed radically like Shaymin still retained their eye colour post change. If it did turn out to be a alternate form it'd be breaking the trend by quite a bit.

They also make it a big deal to introduce this thing as a 'new pokemon' familiar to a old one instead of a 'new form'. Whenever they've introduced alternate forms/evolutions they've never done so as a 'new pokemon'.

Thirdly the Genesect movie trailers still have one unaccounted for character the mysterious voice who can be heard in all of them announcing and releasing the Genesect team. It wouldn't be surprisingly if the voice turned out to belong to this thing and the whole 'Mewtwo Awakening' title turns out to be a deliberate troll.
  4. chikorita185

chikorita185

This.
    When I first saw the leaked poster, I immediately thought it was a new forme of Mewtwo. Since its official announcement, I'm now unsure. It was specifically said that a new pokemon would be announced on smash and it is being currently marketed as a new pokemon. Also, Mewtwo was never intended to be the final step. In the first movie, the team of scientists are heard saying that they intend to start on Mewthree. Even though Mewtwo killed them all, they were working under Giovanni. Maybe he continued the project in secret?

As Forsety says, the eyes are a different colour to Mewtwo's eyes. Pokemon, even in different formes don't tend to change eye colour. Maybe we are looking at the Mewthree that has been speculated since Pokemon started?
  5. allu

allu

This has been talked out a million times but from the majority of speculation videos i've seen it seems to be based on some japanese legend where a bird is in the sky a deer is in the ground and serpent like in the middle (no more dragon legends please). I'm thinking Yveltal Dark/Flying and Xerneas Ground/something or Steel/something cuz of the blade legs and the Z pokemon would be water or ice so it would represent air, water and land. and the X, Y and Z is from the 3D cordinates since its the first 3DS game.

I think Sylveon is Normal or Flying seeing the air, water, land reference. I'm thinking it will be like 100% female eeveelution and then it has a 100% male counter part who would be Ground. More on Slyveon it's an obvious Special Attacker (or the trailer trolled us) and its the lightest one so it would bring out the Flying possibility more, also it would be fast. I think Sylveon used Focus Blast, Trump Card, ??(a new move maybe) and swift in the trailer.

For the Newtwo, Mew Z or Mewthree or any Mew or not even a Mew... I'm guessing its a team Plasma/the new(because its in the same movie as Genesect) modfied/cloned Mew or could be even the new Z legendary. Anyways the last move seems more like Aura Sphere than Focus Blast. (Since mews all learn Aura Sphere)
    Like said here it's proably going to be fast considering the title Extremespeed Genesect

I dunno... Sorry for this long and dumb message
  6. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

Shaymin's eye color became lighter as it changed form. Also, this is a minute detail; I don't think it has any bearing on Mewthree's status as an alternative form of Mewtwo.

The evolutions actually are "new." The alternative forms aren't new Pokemon; their ID numbers are one and the same. Because there is no precedent for an evolving legendary, this may be an alternative form. Plus, the "new Pokemon" announcement may just be Game Freak entrenching Mewtwo in our minds to get us ready for information on how Mewtwo and Mewthree are linked. If it's related to Mewtwo, the only plausible explanation is alternative forms, but Game Freak has been shown to break its patterns in the past (Phione, Manaphy, and Rotom are legendaries that can breed, B2W2 are paired "third" version sequels, Chespin is the first Grass starter that's not based on a reptile).
  7. allu

allu

"Mewthree" is totally gonna be #666 because it look like a devil
  8. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego NP: Simon Viklund--Double Cross
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

1. The ground rules for legendary evolution are unknown
    2. It is unknown if Newtwo is an evolution or alternate form of Mewtwo
    3. The "bond system" is still largely unexplained

Perhaps the new bond mechanic is the gimmick to get Mewtwo to change? iirc the trailer for the film went on about "Mewtwo's ultimate power" or something and the bond system promised something similar. It could at least give the film a plotline, too, i.e. Mewtwo has to learn to work with trainers for its ultimate power?

Just a couple thoughts.
  9. Forsety

Forsety

Shaymin's eyes stayed the exact same shades of green, there was just less shading in the Sky form's art along with the wider eyes.

How the hell did you even manage to make such a huge jump in logic? Mewtwo is a clone, it's been confirmed in the far past Mewtwo was not the only clone, just the most successful. I mean good god even Mewtwo ran around cloning Pokemon himself, it could just as easily be another Mew clone or one based off Mewtwo's data which was pretty handily left all around Cinnabar Island.
  10. chikorita185

chikorita185

By this logic, as Manaphy and Phione are related, they must be alternate forms.
    Also like saying Mewtwo is an alternate form of mew.
    I still think it's a new pokemon, made from Mew's DNA. Don't forget the Japanese logos have a small double helix in them, that could be very significant in the backstory to this "Mewthree" or whatever it is called.
  11. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

what if we were all overthinking and bond system is actually happiness

aka mewtwo evolves by happiness
  12. kaps

kaps

woah woah woah

since when is Rotom a legendary?

also, do you think the berserk gene will be used at all to get this new pokemon? since GF went back to the first games to pull out Munna, I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the second generation as part of the inspiration for this guy
  13. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

I would love to see a comeback for the berserk gene. And Rotom is one of those Pokemon for which legendary status is subjective. For me, it's a legendary.
  14. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

It isn't subjective at all. It a down right fact it isn't. It was never mentioned to even be one.
  15. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

I'm going to guess that, assuming this is a new form of Mewtwo, Newtwo will get the Keldeo treatment and will have no stats changed.
  16. b2j135

b2j135

All Rotom formes have different eye colors, Darmanitan changes COMPLETELY, Kyurem gains pupils and changes drastically, Meloetta changes eye color, Mewtwo changes eye color and other things.
    Need I say more?
  17. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

I hope it is not a new mewtwo form, but rather a new pokemon closly related to mewtwo and mew (something like mewthree) It could be a new attempt to clone mew to try and make it even more powerful than mewtwo (maybe lol)

But either way I really like it's design and I'm happy about it.
  18. Chessmaster56

Chessmaster56

So when is the actual movie released?
  19. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

It goes into theaters in Japan in July. I expect it in America by the end of the year but because of XY coming in October that could change and it might come out sooner than past movies.
  20. Yveltal

Yveltal

The attack that Mewtwo uses on Gyarados is likely Blizzard, or another Ice attack that involves blowing cold wind and snow (uhmmm, Blizzard? lololol). This time, there definately are snowflakes in the animation!
  21. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Invisible Lucario used Aura Sphere !!!!!!

Just kidding, though I do think it was Aura Sphere, it never misses.
  22. Five Green

Five Green

Imo it will be like Phione... I mean, a Mewtwo with the same movepool and typing and nerfed stats :v

Phione has 20 points less in every stat than Manaphy, so he might get like 86/90/70/134/70/110..
  23. carp

carp

A lot of the details Nintendo released lean towards this being a new but separate Pokemon somehow related to Mewtwo. Which I hope is true. I would prefer a new number instead of a new form, because I'd rather not have to change my Pokemon one way or the other. It looks great though, I can't wait to hear more.
  24. Coronis

Coronis Backie Jerkhart
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

The only Pokémon with remotely disputed legendary status is Phione. Rotom is not a legendary.
  25. Lucario_Guy

Lucario_Guy

It's Focus Blast. A Meinfoo used Aura Sphere against a Dratini in the first trailer for X & Y, and it looked nothing like the attack Mewthree used against Zangoose.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)