1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

It isn't subjective at all. It a down right fact it isn't. It was never mentioned to even be one.
  2. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

I'm going to guess that, assuming this is a new form of Mewtwo, Newtwo will get the Keldeo treatment and will have no stats changed.
  3. b2j135

b2j135

All Rotom formes have different eye colors, Darmanitan changes COMPLETELY, Kyurem gains pupils and changes drastically, Meloetta changes eye color, Mewtwo changes eye color and other things.
    Need I say more?
  4. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

I hope it is not a new mewtwo form, but rather a new pokemon closly related to mewtwo and mew (something like mewthree) It could be a new attempt to clone mew to try and make it even more powerful than mewtwo (maybe lol)

But either way I really like it's design and I'm happy about it.
  5. Chessmaster56

Chessmaster56

So when is the actual movie released?
  6. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

It goes into theaters in Japan in July. I expect it in America by the end of the year but because of XY coming in October that could change and it might come out sooner than past movies.
  7. Yveltal

Yveltal

The attack that Mewtwo uses on Gyarados is likely Blizzard, or another Ice attack that involves blowing cold wind and snow (uhmmm, Blizzard? lololol). This time, there definately are snowflakes in the animation!
  8. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Invisible Lucario used Aura Sphere !!!!!!

Just kidding, though I do think it was Aura Sphere, it never misses.
  9. Five Green

Five Green

Imo it will be like Phione... I mean, a Mewtwo with the same movepool and typing and nerfed stats :v

Phione has 20 points less in every stat than Manaphy, so he might get like 86/90/70/134/70/110..
  10. carp

carp

A lot of the details Nintendo released lean towards this being a new but separate Pokemon somehow related to Mewtwo. Which I hope is true. I would prefer a new number instead of a new form, because I'd rather not have to change my Pokemon one way or the other. It looks great though, I can't wait to hear more.
  11. Coronis

Coronis Keeping the dream alive~
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

The only Pokémon with remotely disputed legendary status is Phione. Rotom is not a legendary.
  12. Lucario_Guy

Lucario_Guy

It's Focus Blast. A Meinfoo used Aura Sphere against a Dratini in the first trailer for X & Y, and it looked nothing like the attack Mewthree used against Zangoose.
  13. Studio534

Studio534

As tight lipped as they have been thus far I think it is safe to assume that we will get NOTHING new in this month's CoroCoro. Probably just a rehash of Newtwo reveal.

Am I the only one who got sick of BW2 shoving its story down my throat? At a certain point it just really got in the way of actually enjoying the game. I miss the days where there was a plot but it mostly stayed out of your way unless you were battling someone. Long cutscenes of text are horrible.

Aside from that I think, for me at least, this revelation about Newtwo has me convinced that X&Y are references to genes and not coordinates (though the multi-meaning is nice for them).
  14. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

Yeah I hope they go back to their roots for the story. I mean, in red and blue the story was just your adventure and you occasionally battled team rocket. That's what helped to make the game so great. You just did what you wanted.

IMO it would be really cool to include side quests in X and Y.
  15. Chessmaster56

Chessmaster56

What I really want is a miss animation. Like a pokemon dodging the attack and stuff. And did you guys notice MewThree uses a different animation for each move??? That's so cool if they make a poke move a certain way depending on what move it is!!!
  16. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

Yeah I hope so, The miss animation could be the move just hitting to the side of them or something.
  17. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

People will soon see flying Focus Blasts in their nightmares! :D
  18. Dr. Alex

Dr. Alex

If that were the case, I'd love to see the way it would influence the metagame. Something like that could be a huge threat in OU, especially if the movepool is the same.

But looking at the facts, it may very well be a new Pokemon and not just some forme of Mewtwo, because it was advertised as a new Pokemon. I can't imagine Gamefreak using that sort of false advertising.
  19. Shiruba

Shiruba

i imagined a sleeping infernape just backflipping out of the way of a focus blast |D
  20. Chessmaster56

Chessmaster56

I hope they make a Colosseum/XD/Battlr Revolution game...BATTLE REVOLUTION SUCKED SOOOO BAD, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE A DS AT THE TIME!!! BR was waaaay too dependent on the Gen IV games and didn't have a story mode.
  21. Yveltal

Yveltal

It seems more and more likely that the people calling it Mewthree are right. I wouldn't have believed it if we just had the "mysterious yet familiar new Pokemon" blather that the Pokemon company is spewing, but from what I understand, when Junichi Masuda was showing off Mewthree on tv, he mentions that it isn't Mewtwo. Since, in the story-driven world of Pokemon, there's only one Mewtwo, it makes a good argument that this is indeed Mewthree, a new legendary altogether. The only counterargument is the second half of the title of the new movie, "Mewtwo's awakening". The movie is about Mewtwo showing off his new true colors, not the new exploration of emotion and the meaning of life brought on by another genetically engineered Pokemon. so confusing...
  22. Shiruba

Shiruba

personally, i really like story in my games. it makes me more interested in playing it and figuring out what happens next, and really immerses me.

that said, i have a solution, taken from the fire emblem games. in those games, you can press the b button and eliminate a whole cutscene in just one button - so a few clicks of that will get you back to playing, if it bothers you. perhaps pokemon can implement this.
  23. Sharkopath

Sharkopath

I hope that they implement new move mechanics where a weak Pokémon has smaller or less dramatic move animations than a strong Pokémon's. It always bothered me how a Lv. 1 Pokémon could use a move with a seemingly equal intensity as a Lv. 100 Pokémon. The move animations should start correlating with a Pokémon's stats in some way or form.
  24. AngryHan

AngryHan

Isn't that offset by how weak Pokemon will not know the stronger moves? You won't see a Pokemon start off with Flamethrower or Thunderbolt.
  25. Shiruba

Shiruba

tm's and egg moves? ouo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)