1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Studio534

Studio534

As tight lipped as they have been thus far I think it is safe to assume that we will get NOTHING new in this month's CoroCoro. Probably just a rehash of Newtwo reveal.

Am I the only one who got sick of BW2 shoving its story down my throat? At a certain point it just really got in the way of actually enjoying the game. I miss the days where there was a plot but it mostly stayed out of your way unless you were battling someone. Long cutscenes of text are horrible.

Aside from that I think, for me at least, this revelation about Newtwo has me convinced that X&Y are references to genes and not coordinates (though the multi-meaning is nice for them).
  2. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

Yeah I hope they go back to their roots for the story. I mean, in red and blue the story was just your adventure and you occasionally battled team rocket. That's what helped to make the game so great. You just did what you wanted.

IMO it would be really cool to include side quests in X and Y.
  3. Chessmaster56

Chessmaster56

What I really want is a miss animation. Like a pokemon dodging the attack and stuff. And did you guys notice MewThree uses a different animation for each move??? That's so cool if they make a poke move a certain way depending on what move it is!!!
  4. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

Yeah I hope so, The miss animation could be the move just hitting to the side of them or something.
  5. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

People will soon see flying Focus Blasts in their nightmares! :D
  6. Dr. Alex

Dr. Alex

If that were the case, I'd love to see the way it would influence the metagame. Something like that could be a huge threat in OU, especially if the movepool is the same.

But looking at the facts, it may very well be a new Pokemon and not just some forme of Mewtwo, because it was advertised as a new Pokemon. I can't imagine Gamefreak using that sort of false advertising.
  7. Shiruba

Shiruba

i imagined a sleeping infernape just backflipping out of the way of a focus blast |D
  8. Chessmaster56

Chessmaster56

I hope they make a Colosseum/XD/Battlr Revolution game...BATTLE REVOLUTION SUCKED SOOOO BAD, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE A DS AT THE TIME!!! BR was waaaay too dependent on the Gen IV games and didn't have a story mode.
  9. Yveltal

Yveltal

It seems more and more likely that the people calling it Mewthree are right. I wouldn't have believed it if we just had the "mysterious yet familiar new Pokemon" blather that the Pokemon company is spewing, but from what I understand, when Junichi Masuda was showing off Mewthree on tv, he mentions that it isn't Mewtwo. Since, in the story-driven world of Pokemon, there's only one Mewtwo, it makes a good argument that this is indeed Mewthree, a new legendary altogether. The only counterargument is the second half of the title of the new movie, "Mewtwo's awakening". The movie is about Mewtwo showing off his new true colors, not the new exploration of emotion and the meaning of life brought on by another genetically engineered Pokemon. so confusing...
  10. Shiruba

Shiruba

personally, i really like story in my games. it makes me more interested in playing it and figuring out what happens next, and really immerses me.

that said, i have a solution, taken from the fire emblem games. in those games, you can press the b button and eliminate a whole cutscene in just one button - so a few clicks of that will get you back to playing, if it bothers you. perhaps pokemon can implement this.
  11. Sharkopath

Sharkopath

I hope that they implement new move mechanics where a weak Pokémon has smaller or less dramatic move animations than a strong Pokémon's. It always bothered me how a Lv. 1 Pokémon could use a move with a seemingly equal intensity as a Lv. 100 Pokémon. The move animations should start correlating with a Pokémon's stats in some way or form.
  12. AngryHan

AngryHan

Isn't that offset by how weak Pokemon will not know the stronger moves? You won't see a Pokemon start off with Flamethrower or Thunderbolt.
  13. Shiruba

Shiruba

tm's and egg moves? ouo
  14. AngryHan

AngryHan

Yeah but that won't be how the majority of the casual players experience it.
  15. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Only counter-argument is incorrect. You also missed the fact that alternate forms have been called new pokemon in the past. Pretty positive it's been mentioned before so I'm not going to bring it up, but relevant example was Kyu forms.

I love how hard the English Pokemon site is trying to convince people that this is a new Pokemon, while the Japanese site/video is more subtle in my opinion. Bet they're just trying to over-hype it a bit, especially if it turns out to be a new form after all lol.

Also the only time I liked the graphics was this new-mew video, New-mew looked awesome along with Genesect, I feel like the battles looked better in terms of the actual pokemon, moves were still solid (lol people thinking Draco Meteor/anything other than Focus Blast/Aura Sphere). Can't wait till I see other pokemon in 3d lol.
  16. shockwave527

shockwave527

I assume we'll know by the 18th at the latest. They'll be showing a trailer with M2X in it, and I assume it will either show both Mewtwo and M2X side by side or one transforming into the other. But I do hope we learn in CoroCoro before that. In fact, I know they won't, but I want them to just reveal anything they haven't said yet in CoroCoro, as in any unknown typings and the answers about M2X.
  17. Lugiatina

Lugiatina

That last message right after the Mewtwo Genesect trailer but before the Sylveon trailer was a pretty ominous hint of what they are gonna do. It said that "We do not know the real Mewtwo yet" or something similar. That's probably the only hint that we have along with the title of the movie.

I really hope now that this Mewthing is its own species and not just a new form. It would complete the Mew duo and also give more of a uniqueness. Also, I am kind of getting tired of new forms.

Who knows, Mewtwo could have made himself a new clone as companionship. I mean, he's smart enough to manipulate genes and has an understanding of biotechnology that not many characters in the series have. It could be a companionship like Batman and Robin, as they try to save the city from the antagonists, the Genesect army.

Then again, the probable cause that the Mewthing (that's what I am gonna call it from now on) is it's own species does not really look good right now.
  18. dcae

dcae naughty list

I actually also think this is a new species. It does not have enough resemblance to Mewtwo to be a forme imo. Also, in the trailer, we saw Mewtwo fighting Genesect, and that could imply that Mewthree or Newtwo comes to aid him. It could potentially be a clone gene spliced from Mewtwo by Team Plasma as they were making Genesect. I hope the backstory will be revealed soon.
  19. cantab

cantab

The Tornadus and Thundurus forms in your own sig, Shaymin's sky form, Darmanitan-Z, and others, differ just as much if not more than Mewtwo' and Mewtwo do.
  20. Exbo

Exbo

Especially ironic, since the original kami trio look almost excactly like "alternate color formes" of each other :D
    So yeah, this kind of "similarity" is not a valid criteria.
    The only hint we have is that all sources say something like: "The new pokemon...", hinting at an actual new pokemon. Yeah this is subjective too, I know.
    I hope it IS a seperate pokemon because I will be extremely buttfrustrated if it is a Mewtwo forme. And I'm not even a genwunner.
    It's not about "don't like it then don't use it". Ferrothron and Heatran are such pokemon. But you just don't mess with Mewtwo.

God dammit I'm already mad.
  21. dcae

dcae naughty list

Actually, yeah, you have an excellent point there. I take back regarding its lack of similarity, but I still think its a new species.
  22. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

Really don't see why people are freaking out over the Mewtwo change. ??? If Gamefreak decides to add stuff, then sweet. Pokemon's target audience is probably NOT for people who were around during the original release of RBY, so it would probably make sense for them to add a new Mewtwo form. I'm pretty confident that it will be a Mewtwo form, seeing as it is Mewtwo's Awakening which it coincides with. Also, Gamefreak has been totally onboard with the new forms aspect, (eg Therians, Keldeo, Giratinas, Rotoms, Sawsbuck, etc.) and I see no reason for them to stop now.
  23. PME

PME

Now I'm torn between Mewbie and M2X

No, please, you're making me warm up to the idea of Mewbie/M2X being a separate mon, and I prefer to stay frozen.
  24. Death Phenomeno

Death Phenomeno I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I've been pondering… what if it's… Amber?
  25. shockwave527

shockwave527

I wish I could set up a poll here so people could vote and we could decide a name for this thing. So many terms have been thrown around (mewbie, newtwo, mewthree, buutwo, M2X, Mewtwo wish form, Mewtwo DBZ form…), it's getting confusing. Whatever. I'm calling it M2X for now until we get an actual name.

Also, blitzlefan, about the target-audience thing:
    I wish they would realize that a huge part of their audience is teens and adults and maybe not tailor their games to it, but maybe create a new series oriented at those people, either being grittier and dealing with older themes, or maybe a much more complex game, or even simply something with many, many throwbacks to the originals. Something for us, and I'm sure it would make a TON of money for them. But that is a huge core of their audience; just look at the smogon users. I don't think that many of the "target audience" play competitively. That's just something I'd really like to see happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)