1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PME

PME

They don't, not one from THAT far back anyways. I was just showing my little bro about the good old days and making him watch the series from episode 1, and we watched 40 today. I realized that I was upset that this character never came back is all.
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

lololol, Mikey and his brothers were all fucking ugly. If they were going to introduce Sylveon in another part of the anime besides the movie short, it'd probably evolve from Virgil's Eevee. I remember WPM trying to call its evolution during the tournament episodes, and he's still pretty fresh in the minds of most of the anime enthusiasts.

Can I also say that Sylveon suddenly comes off as cheesy? More and more, genetics seems to be the mood/theme for Gen VI, and while Eevee has always been popular for being one of the most versatile (and adorable) team members in any party, his big gimmick is having an unstable genetic composition. For Game Freak to only allow the reveal of two extra Pokemon so far who both have a connection to cellular restructuring, it comes off as tacky.
  3. PME

PME

I couldn't agree more. If any recurring character with an Eevee who should evolve/get Sylveon, it should be Virgil. His whole shtick was having the whole Eevee line..... or.... web?..... parachute?

Also, back then, Ash's dex claimed that there were only 3 eeveelutions, (under my breath) *cough* 8 *cough*
  4. Tytus

Tytus

I've only seen like 3 episodes of the anime, and never this kid or his brothers, but for some reason this statement had me laughing out loud haha.
  5. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Time to offer my own speculation on the whole Mew thing. In think, that around Octoberish, the truth about Newtwo will have magically revealed itself. Call me crazy, but it's just a feeling.
  6. Shiruba

Shiruba

yes, quite magically. people will have played the game and magically figured it out. ;)
  7. shockwave527

shockwave527

Next reveal: new Deoxys forms!
  8. Shiruba

Shiruba

Deoxys Evasion Forme!
    Ability - Mirage
    > Increases Evasion by 1.
    Gets minimize/double team/muddy water/etc

Bane of Smogonites and playground players alike.
  9. Infernis

Infernis

Oh golly, what would those even be? Deoxys Critical Hit Rate Forme? Deoxys HP Forme? (Cosmic power all the way!) Deoxys Sketch Forme? There really aren't many more niches for Deoxys to fill. I guess giving him a new form to show off the new friendship mechanic could work.

Deoxys Huggable Forme!
  10. Shiruba

Shiruba

[​IMG]
    found it
  11. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Please stop you...6 or so
  12. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Here's hoping for a "Horrify" or "Fear" ability that acts as special intimidate.

Also, an item akin to Eviolite that gives a 1.3x stat boost to Pokemon with base stat totals below 400.
  13. dcae

dcae naughty list

Honestly I do think this is the generation they finally implement Special based Intimidation. Physical sweepers have Burn and Intimidate to irritate them, while Special sweepers don't. I don't see a new statusbbeing added, but I can see something like Fear described by Chaoswalker.
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

One thing I've noticed is, in pokemon, we have a couple very niche moves. The one most mentioned is Rapid Spin, yet another very niche move with nothing else like it is substitute. I'd like to see some more moves that fit into these categories, and more moves that don't really do anything that we've seen before.
  15. Yveltal

Yveltal

At this point, it's kind of hard to make any sensible, new and refreshing techniques without giving it a Killer Bunnies-esque card effect. I'm starting to see that in the card game when they're not focusing on the power creep. Not that don't think it's impossible to make a cool new niche general move, but I'm worried about the game designer's ingenuity.
  16. dcae

dcae naughty list

What niche moves can you think of, I honestly can't come up with anything original. It's pretty tough, but it's things like these that improve the game tenfold.

Imo the move that deserves a buff is Defog, which could be a starting block for a new idea.
  17. Punchshroom

Punchshroom para is worse than sleep
    is a Community Contributor

Removing both sides of the field of hazards would balance it out, I presume.
  18. dcae

dcae naughty list

Yeah, but then it would become an unblockable Rapid Spin, which admittedly would be amazing, but a bit too similar to Rapid Spin itself.
  19. Darknesscrusher

Darknesscrusher

Hmm... I want burn spikes, and para spikes, because we need to give stall a viable way of winning. Okay, scrap that, stall is for noobs (and Melee_Mewtwo). Burn spikes would be cool though, because... well... just... make about 1/2 of all pokémon unvaible would be amazing.
  20. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

This might be old news, but it's confirmed by GameFreak that the typings of Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie are pure Grass, Fire and Water, respectively:
    http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us (scroll down)
    I can't remember having read it earlier. The text also confirms that those Pokémon are, indeed, the starters.
  21. dcae

dcae naughty list

I'm pretty sure we knew the base types were Water, Fire, and Grass. It's the final ego types that we have tried guessing.

Burn spikes would break the game. Can't just make every physical attacker in the game burned instantly as they come in. Imo there are enough hazards for now, but SR deserves a nerf. That's all in the way Pfizer entry hazards imo.
  22. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Pretty sure we've known that for several months
    I don't mean from an assumption perspective I mean from a "They updated the site with their typings like a week after reveal"
  23. Yveltal

Yveltal

I'm pretty sure he was just affirming that the starters were following the trend of being mono-typed in their basic stage since Gen II...
  24. Infernis

Infernis

Burn spikes being absorbed by fire types would be entertaining, especially if they activate Flash Fire. Infernape just got silly.

It's not too hard to think of new non-attacking moves. We currently have no move that allows poison moves to affect steel types. (As Foresight does to Ghosts.) There is no move powered up by Sandstorm to parallel Thunder, Hurricane, Solarbeam, and Blizzard. No move, to my knowledge, boosts defense and special attack at the same time, nor attack and special defense at the same time. (Or speed and either defense.) There is no move that heals exactly as much damage as was dealt to you in the last round. There is no move to bring about a new weather type. (Yet, obviously.) There is no move that allows you do use the defensive stats of another party member. There is no move that swaps your Pokemon's speed stat with that of the enemy for the remainder of the battle. (Like Trick, but for stats!) There is no move that forcibly swaps around the opposing side in a Triple Battle. There is no move that reflects upon the foe half of the damage dealt to your active Pokemon for the next 5 rounds. It goes on and on.
  25. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yeah, I remember being the first or one of the first to post that around when the site went up. That's ages old.

I think, if they do add more hazards, a cool way they could do it could be a "hazard limit," where either:

• You can only have 2 or 3 different types of hazards up at once
      or
    • You can only put up 5 or 6 hazards, so if you have up 2 burn spikes, a stealth rock (SR should count as 2) and a spikes, then you can't put down more hazards. Or maybe you can, but it will remove two other hazards from the field. Maybe that's what would happen if you tried to ad both T- and Burn-spikes

I've also come up with some fair abilities that could deal with hazards:
    Rock crusher: This Pokemon is 10% more effective against rock types, and breaks SR on entry, taking 20% of normal SR damage.

Flat foot: This pokemon destroys all spikes on entry, and is not effected by moves with after effects (whirlpool, fire spin, wrap, magnet twirl)

Also, a move idea for a new "hazard":
    GLUE BURST - the next pokemon that is thrown in can not be removed for three turns

And also, one last move idea to leave it all off
    MAGNET TWIRL - An electric version of whirlpool/fire spin/wrap
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)