1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Why do you people say Chespin will be Grass/Dark ?__? I was sure the move it used against Golurk was Aerial Ace!
  2. Celever

Celever

Well, it looks like Nuzleaf (personally, on design, I would say Nuzleaf should be grass/fighting though) and the move in the intro looks a LOT like night slash.
  3. labarith

labarith

It's not Aerial Ace. It is nothing like Aerial Ace. Stop saying Aerial Ace. I know you've probably never used the move, and have no idea what it looks like, but stop saying it. ugh.
  4. Celever

Celever

NINJA!!!
    Anyway, I could see how it could look like aerial ace. Why did it rile you up so much? Aerial ace and Night slash are similar anyway!
  5. rh2012

rh2012

@MarioWithLasers: it looks like aerial ace to me too. I'm assuming none of these guys have looked at a slowmo and compared the the bw2 image of AA.

While I guess nobody can know FOR SURE, the resemblance it has to aerial ace are uncanny
  6. Celever

Celever

Well, to me it looks like night slash because darkness goes around the target as he uses it. Aerial ace wouldn't have the darkness since it has no relevance to darkness!
  7. Birkal

Birkal Caw.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Dear everyone: simmer down please! This should be a light-hearted discussion. If you didn't know it, everyone in the world has different opinions and is entitled to have them. I think that Scraggy is one of the best designs that GameFreak has ever made, and I know that most people hate how it looks. Deal with it. People are allowed to have their different opinions on these things. There is no objective guide to "pokemon-ness", so please stop acting like there is.

Also, if you're looking to discuss the competitive changes of Gen6, I recommend you check out this thread in the Overused forum! Thankee =)
  8. Xerneas

Xerneas

You can see Golurk being hit two times, so its very likely that it actually is Night Slash.

Aerial Ace does kinda look like Night Slash though.

I found this on Youtube and it makes sense.

"Well, if Fennekin is Fire/Psychic, Froakie Water/Fighting and Chespin Grass Dark, it will balance the types between the starters, because:
    Psychic is strong against Fighting, Fennekin can hit Froakie with a psychic move and get a super effective hit.
    Fighting is strong against dark. Froakie can hit Chespin with a fighting move and get a super effective hit.
    Dark is strong and immune against Psychic.Chespin can hit Fennekin with a Dark move and get a super effective hit."
  9. Infernis

Infernis

Easy as pie. Add an 'r'. Defrog! Instantly removes all frogs. So long, goddamn Politoed. Hell, make it remove the rain, too. Instant re-balanced OU.

(I guess it would also be effective against Croagunk, Froakie++, Poliwrath...)
  10. labarith

labarith

Well, there is an objective guide to "pokemon-ness", it's called Pokemon. It's a franchise of games I believe we're all familiar with. And Scraggy's just great. :)

In all seriousness, I think GF needs to do stuff to their weakest pokemon to make them useful in some respect. A 3rd Sunkern evolution would be pretty hot, but "Call for friends" would still be useful in-game for junk pokemon. And with each new generation, junk pokemon become very useful. :)
  11. rh2012

rh2012

Look at posts 257 and 263 on page 11. And he hits twice, but going up, and back down the same direction, just like aerial ace. And the dark purplish IS behind aerial ace in bw2, as you can see in post 263.
  12. labarith

labarith

You can weight 7 or so months to be proven wrong, or you can just accept it now. Your choice. I'm just sick of reading about people arguing over objective facts.
  13. rh2012

rh2012

..please tell me this is some kind of joke, and you aren't really reacting like a child just because someone has relevant proof of a statement?

I think you need to chill.
  14. Celever

Celever

Well I'll be. I suppose I just want Chespin to be Grass/Dark not only to finish the second main type triangle but also, because dark is number 2 in my favourite pokemon types, and grass number 3, he would probably be one of if not just my favourite starter pokemon! I suppose it could be aerial ace though... If it is, then it kind of ruins everyone else's ideas of fennekin's psychic type and Froakie's fighting (personally I think that looks like what shadow sneak or a similar move should though) based on the secondary moves though. Imagine Chespin flying! :P
  15. rh2012

rh2012

I actually would rather have grass/dark too, I'm just letting you guys know. For all we know these moves could give no indication of their second type anyway.

As of right now, nearly everything is speculation
  16. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

Agree for the most part, but Charmander? He has a great design!
  17. Infernis

Infernis

Graphically, yes. His name in Japanese is Lizard. Just lizard. :|
  18. Redjar

Redjar

Why does that make it likely to be Night Slash? Wouldn't that make it very likely to be Aerial Ace INSTEAD of Night Slash since the Aerial Ace has the upward and downward slice...
  19. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

After looking at the trailer numerous times and this the video below I have to say that it does looks too much like AA to be Night Slash. The purple "slash" mark might be their way of demonstrating that the attacker is attacking at high speeds or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eun3YwUzeb0#t=67s
  20. Celever

Celever

I can definitely see how it could be aerial ace, but it is used on Golurk, which night slash is SE on. Does that not mean anything?
  21. TooMuchSugar

TooMuchSugar

Well, I don't have the expertise or free time to try to determine which move it is, but seriously, does it matter that much? I think we can guess that Chespin is not going to be part flying type, whether or not he can use Aerial Ace. Unless, of course, he ends up being an amazing flying squirrel. Actually, that would be awesome...
  22. The Cicada

The Cicada

Just bc Chespin hits Golurk in the way aerial ace is done doesnt mean its Aerial Ace. They could've changed the animation of night slash/shadow claw. It could also be a new move. Why the HELL would a grass type use a weak flying move on a ground type, instead of using a GRASS type move?!
  23. Redjar

Redjar

No, it doesn't. By that logic Fennekin's attack on Kirlia is Dark, Ghost, or Bug.

Why would Fennekin use a psychic move on a psychic type?
  24. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The same trailer had Fennekin use what is probably a psychic attack on a Kirlia, so probably not
  25. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego The little hand says it's time to rock and roll
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Fennekin's "psychic-type attack" was used on a kirlia. Apparently Close Combat was used on watchog. One is Super Effective, one is not. I'm coming to the conclusion that there is no correlation between the alternate moves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)