1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcae

dcae naughty list

But who pays attention to the pokedex anyways? I know that as a kid, I never bothered with them at all. They probably see it as a waste to invest time and energy in something that is useless, so they make it brief. However, I would love to see the Pokedex have Base Stats, and IVs and EVs shown. That could be a "hidden" feature, but extremely useful. I mean, GF didn't put in EVs for kids to EV train, they put it in for uniqueness, and dare I say it, something other than ingame. Imo that would be a very good addition.
  2. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

I did. A lot of them. So did all my friends. Some people really like lore.
  3. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yeah, I had brought it up as one of a series of possible new weathers.

I just thought of an idea on a subject I don't want to bring up again but am certain will not be discussed for long. And yes, it has to do with new types.

What if we got a new type, but not like we know now but more akin to the "shadow" type from Colosseum or moreso XD: Gale of Darkness? Has it's own special move and the same weak/resist system, but is an unsaid "third type" to pokemon that gain it allowing them to get different moves or be "purified" at a purification center or something. They could be rare in the wild or used by the evil team, but it would be cool to see.

I thought of that after thinking how acid rain reminded me of the rain move from XD.
  4. Quickster

Quickster

[​IMG]
  5. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

There's lots of potential in a Radioactive something, (see Hazmutt, a CAP 3 contestant)
    Maybe a radioactive generator.
  6. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

A radioactive pokemon sounds like the perfect theme for an Electric/Poison pokemon.
  7. btdamron

btdamron

Maybe Japan is using this as a way to publicise the Nuking of themselves, but how is it supposed to fit in with a genetics themed generation???
  8. GeeZee

GeeZee

Nuclear and radioactive stuff destroys and manipulates cells in organisms, so maybe it's one of those Pokémon used by the bad-guys? Like Purrloin, Zubat etc.
  9. Flareon

Flareon

Speaking of, I really hope we have some Pokemon/type diversity in the evil team. CIPHER is a perfect example of an evil team with Pokemon diversity. A wave of poison-types and rodents just gets annoying after 3 battles.
  10. btdamron

btdamron

If I see another freaking ZUBAT!!! I will come through that game and personally show them what an evil person is supposed to do!!! I think it is about time that they had something other than poison and dark types, like when they had Numel on team magma. Add some diversity!
  11. cantab

cantab

There ought to be much more diversity considering how most of the evil teams steal Pokemon. Unless they only nick the few they like using, they ought to get all sorts.
  12. Saboros

Saboros

Physical > Special
    Burn helps nerf Physical down to where it's pretty much even, therefore we don't need an ability/ status that weakens Special attackers.
  13. Revontheus

Revontheus

Team Magma and Aqua were the best teams that actually fought for a "good" reason and had a great diversity besides poison types, rodents and dark types.
  14. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I don't see how this would stop GameFreak from putting something like this in

It's not like we needed Moody or Eviolite or Shadow Tag Chandelure or Drizzle/Drought on normal Pokemon and so on and so forth

(also maybe it's just me but special always seemed more flexible for any type that isn't Fighting. Lot of 100% accurate 80 to 95 bp attacks that a lot of things can learn)
  15. Flareon

Flareon

That was exactly my line of thought.

I cited CIPHER earlier, unless we're not counting the Gameboy games.
  16. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

One thing about catching Pokémon like the rodents and Zubat and Grimer is because they're common - I think Team Rocket and stuff issues Pokémon that are mass distributed and easily caught or bred. I do agree with the idea that they have a few more Pokémon, like the more successful Grunts or Admins, but the amount of common Pokémon they have will stay the same in X and Y. But hopefully they have a few exceptions, like some Pokémon that seem poached - like Starters or rare Pokémon.
  17. Celever

Celever

Sorry, but every time someone says Gamefreak did something for competitive purposes then I like to point out that they don't care at all about competitive.
    Moody is a bunch of fun, and pokemon is a game.
    Eviolite, I think, is for the trade evos that you can't do your self. The pokemon that you can't evolve can use eviolite.
    Shadow tag chandelure: Because it fits the pokemon. Not much else.
    Drizzle/Drought on normal pokemon was mainly for if you wanted to make a rain or sun team in-game with no legendaries. I'm sure they thought the abilities would jsut be banned in competitive play.

Anyway, if you were saying that Gamefreak didn't need to make the things at all. They also didn't have to make pikachu, so it's not valid.
  18. Issus

Issus

That one Female Aqua grunt with a Wailmer, although it was common, she was the only Aqua member to have a water type that wasn't in the Sharpedo line. Aqua/magma had nothing on Cipher for diversity.

I want to see a darker story line in this gen, gen V was getting there.. with Ghetsis threatening to freeze us to death in BW2. But come on, I want some of that Violet-town-eeriness back in the game.
  19. cantab

cantab

I've not played Colo/XD, but wasn't a key mechanic that you could actually capture the opponent's Pokemon sometimes? Combined with few wild Pokemon, Cipher have diversity because they had to in order for you to be able to?
  20. Celever

Celever

Yes, but the team's weren't a bunch of rattata and zubat and then your diverse shadow pokemon. There is only one trainer in the whole of colo with a zubat, and none even in the raticate line. All of the peons were diverse, as were their teams. Even the peons without shadow pokemon.
  21. Farrac

Farrac

Wasn't Eclair... (FF Spoiler)

Show Hide
    the original true name of Lightning (FFXIII) in Japan?

I mean, Eclair could bery much mean Lightning in this case.
  22. DaRkRaii

DaRkRaii

Going back to the Mewthree topic, there was a theory I saw a couple of days ago.

We all know that Giovanni didn't die after the events of Mewtwo strikes back, so he can still play a part. There's no way someone as smart as Giovanni, who led an entire team of mercenaries could not take some of the genetic make-up of Mewtwo after he was cloned. He could of left after (Following Leaf Green/Fire Red) beating him in Viridian city and attempted to clone Mewtwo again, and this new Forme that we are talking about could be the amalgamation of it.

Then again, that's just a theory.

I haven't been on Smogon for a while... xD
  23. dcae

dcae naughty list

I also think the evil team needs a realistic game plan, and much more diverse pokemon. I thought Team Plasma had better diversity than we had seen so far, but it was still quite limited. They are on the right track, but we need GF to make more steps in the right direction for the evil team. BW was excellent, and it would be very nice for them to build off of the darker themes.
  24. Lord Raiden

Lord Raiden

I think it would be more interesting if the "evil guys" were doing something related to modern problems, like mining/industrial exploitation at the expense of wild Pokemon (many ecosystems today are under great threat from the reckless expansion of human society).
  25. KingNeedlesThe1st

KingNeedlesThe1st

The only problem with that theory is that the anime and movies aren't canon. Giovanni disappeared at the end of RBY/FRLG and hasn't returned since. He has also never owned Mewtwo at any point like in the anime.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)