1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btdamron

btdamron

I think not... But I agree that that would be a great type combo, but then again I also believe that Kyurem white should have been Ice/Fire and black be Ice/Electric. But nope, they are both Ice/Dragon...
  2. shockwave527

shockwave527

Ice, fire, electric and poison all need more type combos. First of all, we need some of these to be together (I don't think ANY of them have aside from rotom), but aside from that, some mixes with psychic, some with steel (or more with steel for fire, not sure if we need more elec of that), but those all have so much potential. I'm glad we got elec/bug and elec/ground last gen, but they need more this gen, and I'm pretty confident we'll get at least some more of that.
  3. dcae

dcae naughty list

Electric/Poison with Levitate and bulky defensive stats would be a great addition to pokemon. It uses a type combo I don't think has been used before and is a great check to Fighting types. With Levitate, it only has the weakness to Psychic, which is a dying breed of move. It would be a great addition to competitive, and I feel like with a decent support movepool, it could do really in OU. In-game, an Electric/Poison type would be useful to use against certain gyms, thanks to good STAB and a lack of weaknesses.
  4. Tytus

Tytus

But what would an Electric/Poison floating thing be? I may be lacking in creativity at the moment but I can't imagine anything fitting that description haha

Edit: Turn Wheezing into a poison thundercloud? Idk
  5. Ingo

Ingo

Off the top of my head is the electric eel, a poisonous yet electrifyingly dangerous animal.
  6. Cap

Cap

Could be some sort of Electric rodent with poison spikes on it's back/ tail
  7. BdB4445

BdB4445

Sounds like the tynamo line.

If only Eelektross was considered poisonous, acid spray doesn't cut it I guess.
  8. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yeah, I originally thought Eelektross would be Elec/poison, but he was just elec. :P. However, he is a perfect example of how they make creatures to fit their description. Eelektross didn't NEED levitate to function, but they ended up instead of making a water/elec or poison/elec electric eel (which may have been somewhat obvious of an idea) to make it elec with levitate instead.
  9. Yveltal

Yveltal

The answer is a platypus. Platypi can recognize electrical fields around the muscles of their prey when hunting, and male platypi have a spur-like claw in the back of their hind legs that excrete venom.
  10. dcae

dcae naughty list

A poisonous thundercloud could work, but I think Eelektross should've been the pokemon I described. It even gets poison moves, but I think GF wanted to create a pokemon not weak to anything that wasn't Ghost/Dark.

A platypus sounds really cool, as it is a bit of a bulkier creature in itself, it would be a great Electric/Poison defensive pokemon.
  11. Yveltal

Yveltal

A poisonous thoundercloud sounds like it should have its own "Acid Rain" weather. It'd be like Hail, but for Poison types (and maybe Steel types would also go unaffected, if Poison can't hurt them.) Acid Rain was brought up earlier in this thread, no?
  12. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Poison/Electric Weezing evo could simply be a floating ball of toxic plasma. Simple.

As for the pokedex thing, I meant that I liked the length and depth of previous gens. It's down to a sentence or two; some entries don't even take up the full space. I just like that it gives a bit more depth/flavor to each pokemon. The pokedex is supposed to be an encyclopedia, after all.
  13. dcae

dcae naughty list

But who pays attention to the pokedex anyways? I know that as a kid, I never bothered with them at all. They probably see it as a waste to invest time and energy in something that is useless, so they make it brief. However, I would love to see the Pokedex have Base Stats, and IVs and EVs shown. That could be a "hidden" feature, but extremely useful. I mean, GF didn't put in EVs for kids to EV train, they put it in for uniqueness, and dare I say it, something other than ingame. Imo that would be a very good addition.
  14. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

I did. A lot of them. So did all my friends. Some people really like lore.
  15. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yeah, I had brought it up as one of a series of possible new weathers.

I just thought of an idea on a subject I don't want to bring up again but am certain will not be discussed for long. And yes, it has to do with new types.

What if we got a new type, but not like we know now but more akin to the "shadow" type from Colosseum or moreso XD: Gale of Darkness? Has it's own special move and the same weak/resist system, but is an unsaid "third type" to pokemon that gain it allowing them to get different moves or be "purified" at a purification center or something. They could be rare in the wild or used by the evil team, but it would be cool to see.

I thought of that after thinking how acid rain reminded me of the rain move from XD.
  16. Quickster

Quickster

[​IMG]
  17. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

There's lots of potential in a Radioactive something, (see Hazmutt, a CAP 3 contestant)
    Maybe a radioactive generator.
  18. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

A radioactive pokemon sounds like the perfect theme for an Electric/Poison pokemon.
  19. btdamron

btdamron

Maybe Japan is using this as a way to publicise the Nuking of themselves, but how is it supposed to fit in with a genetics themed generation???
  20. GeeZee

GeeZee

Nuclear and radioactive stuff destroys and manipulates cells in organisms, so maybe it's one of those Pokémon used by the bad-guys? Like Purrloin, Zubat etc.
  21. Flareon

Flareon

Speaking of, I really hope we have some Pokemon/type diversity in the evil team. CIPHER is a perfect example of an evil team with Pokemon diversity. A wave of poison-types and rodents just gets annoying after 3 battles.
  22. btdamron

btdamron

If I see another freaking ZUBAT!!! I will come through that game and personally show them what an evil person is supposed to do!!! I think it is about time that they had something other than poison and dark types, like when they had Numel on team magma. Add some diversity!
  23. cantab

cantab

There ought to be much more diversity considering how most of the evil teams steal Pokemon. Unless they only nick the few they like using, they ought to get all sorts.
  24. Saboros

Saboros

Physical > Special
    Burn helps nerf Physical down to where it's pretty much even, therefore we don't need an ability/ status that weakens Special attackers.
  25. Revontheus

Revontheus

Team Magma and Aqua were the best teams that actually fought for a "good" reason and had a great diversity besides poison types, rodents and dark types.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)