1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I don't see how this would stop GameFreak from putting something like this in

It's not like we needed Moody or Eviolite or Shadow Tag Chandelure or Drizzle/Drought on normal Pokemon and so on and so forth

(also maybe it's just me but special always seemed more flexible for any type that isn't Fighting. Lot of 100% accurate 80 to 95 bp attacks that a lot of things can learn)
  2. Flareon

Flareon

That was exactly my line of thought.

I cited CIPHER earlier, unless we're not counting the Gameboy games.
  3. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

One thing about catching Pokémon like the rodents and Zubat and Grimer is because they're common - I think Team Rocket and stuff issues Pokémon that are mass distributed and easily caught or bred. I do agree with the idea that they have a few more Pokémon, like the more successful Grunts or Admins, but the amount of common Pokémon they have will stay the same in X and Y. But hopefully they have a few exceptions, like some Pokémon that seem poached - like Starters or rare Pokémon.
  4. Celever

Celever

Sorry, but every time someone says Gamefreak did something for competitive purposes then I like to point out that they don't care at all about competitive.
    Moody is a bunch of fun, and pokemon is a game.
    Eviolite, I think, is for the trade evos that you can't do your self. The pokemon that you can't evolve can use eviolite.
    Shadow tag chandelure: Because it fits the pokemon. Not much else.
    Drizzle/Drought on normal pokemon was mainly for if you wanted to make a rain or sun team in-game with no legendaries. I'm sure they thought the abilities would jsut be banned in competitive play.

Anyway, if you were saying that Gamefreak didn't need to make the things at all. They also didn't have to make pikachu, so it's not valid.
  5. Issus

Issus

That one Female Aqua grunt with a Wailmer, although it was common, she was the only Aqua member to have a water type that wasn't in the Sharpedo line. Aqua/magma had nothing on Cipher for diversity.

I want to see a darker story line in this gen, gen V was getting there.. with Ghetsis threatening to freeze us to death in BW2. But come on, I want some of that Violet-town-eeriness back in the game.
  6. cantab

cantab

I've not played Colo/XD, but wasn't a key mechanic that you could actually capture the opponent's Pokemon sometimes? Combined with few wild Pokemon, Cipher have diversity because they had to in order for you to be able to?
  7. Celever

Celever

Yes, but the team's weren't a bunch of rattata and zubat and then your diverse shadow pokemon. There is only one trainer in the whole of colo with a zubat, and none even in the raticate line. All of the peons were diverse, as were their teams. Even the peons without shadow pokemon.
  8. Farrac

Farrac

Wasn't Eclair... (FF Spoiler)

Show Hide
    the original true name of Lightning (FFXIII) in Japan?

I mean, Eclair could bery much mean Lightning in this case.
  9. DaRkRaii

DaRkRaii

Going back to the Mewthree topic, there was a theory I saw a couple of days ago.

We all know that Giovanni didn't die after the events of Mewtwo strikes back, so he can still play a part. There's no way someone as smart as Giovanni, who led an entire team of mercenaries could not take some of the genetic make-up of Mewtwo after he was cloned. He could of left after (Following Leaf Green/Fire Red) beating him in Viridian city and attempted to clone Mewtwo again, and this new Forme that we are talking about could be the amalgamation of it.

Then again, that's just a theory.

I haven't been on Smogon for a while... xD
  10. dcae

dcae naughty list

I also think the evil team needs a realistic game plan, and much more diverse pokemon. I thought Team Plasma had better diversity than we had seen so far, but it was still quite limited. They are on the right track, but we need GF to make more steps in the right direction for the evil team. BW was excellent, and it would be very nice for them to build off of the darker themes.
  11. Lord Raiden

Lord Raiden

I think it would be more interesting if the "evil guys" were doing something related to modern problems, like mining/industrial exploitation at the expense of wild Pokemon (many ecosystems today are under great threat from the reckless expansion of human society).
  12. KingNeedlesThe1st

KingNeedlesThe1st

The only problem with that theory is that the anime and movies aren't canon. Giovanni disappeared at the end of RBY/FRLG and hasn't returned since. He has also never owned Mewtwo at any point like in the anime.
  13. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

This was exactly what I was saying.
    GameFreak doesn't care that much about balance

By the way
    If they'd think about any type of play (and I highly doubt they did), it would be with their actual competitions, not smogon and junk.
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

New evil team: An organization from another region led by a crazy guy who keeps threatening to attack with the most powerful pokemon in existence but really can't do anything because he can't get the pokemon to your region.
  15. Infernis

Infernis

Uh, yes. Eclair is French for Lightning.
  16. dcae

dcae naughty list

Yeah, I think a great idea would be for the evil team not to be a bunch of clowns dressed up trying to take over everything, but actually a company. At first, you don't know its the company: You receive something like the C-Gear from them, but on the way face "Shady Characters" which are unknown identity, but in reality operatives of the company. In the end, a plot is uncovered that the company wants to monopolize the region and control all trade, and so you must battle into their various compounds and eliminate the top leaders, before facing the final boss, who turns out to be none other than the current Champion. This would be a remarkable turn of events, and I think this idea would be a great storyline for a pokemon game.
  17. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Giovanni actually comes back in that HGSS Celebi event. Just sayin'.

Also, he's in BW2 at the PWT as a battler.
  18. Tytus

Tytus

Nuclear fuel doesn't directly make electricity though, any more than coal or wood does. It makes heat that makes steam that turns a turbine, and that makes electricity. If it's bomb-based, I suppose Poison/Fire would be closer to the real thing. But as has been said, I think Japan would steer clear of atomic Pokemon.

I can imagine a bright yellow/green hazmat Pokemon though. It would be neat to have something other than venomous or pollution Pokemon in the Poison-types.

Team North Korea?
  19. Zowayix

Zowayix

I'm expecting CoroCoro to leak in about 24 hours.
  20. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

Is it ever stated in the video game canon that Giovanni wasn't involved with the Mewtwo experiments? It was to my knowledge that he did, but then again that might just be the anime hypnotizing me.
    Also, the business with the Pokemon Mansion and Cinnibar Island in general has a lot of fan speculation, so it would be interesting if they branched off of that sub-plot with this new mew-like Pokemon, and hopefully answer some questions so we can complete the canon.
    Also please have multiple regions playable in this please. (It won't happen but I will never lose hope.)
  21. shockwave527

shockwave527

Bingo bucko.

With all the type confusion in these pokemon, I thought I'd leave a little humor here before CoroCoro:

[​IMG]
  22. NidokingKing

NidokingKing

Didn't Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia do something extremely similar to this. Don't get me wrong, that plot was amazing IMO and I would actually like to see something like this attempted.

Oh my god, that's hysterical. Lovin' Flareon the most here.
  23. blitzlefan

blitzlefan I remember it all too well...
    is a Pre-Contributor

When will CoroCoro officially be out?
  24. dcae

dcae naughty list

I haven't played any of the Pokemon Ranger or any spin-off pokemon games, so I don't know exactly, but I do think that the idea I listed would be a refreshing new theme for the next bad guys, because the current ones have been getting tiring (However, I really liked BW's N and Ghetsis, they were well expanded on and had well-developed characters, unlike Cyrus for one.)

EDIT: I think its the 15th
  25. shockwave527

shockwave527

Officially? The 15th. Leaks however usually appear ranging from the 10th (although that's SUPER early) to the 15th. I'd assume we'll get some stuff tomorrow and more thursday, however last month it was revealed that the magazine was leaked on the 12th or 13th, but we didn't get anything until the full magazine was shown on the 15th (although it wasn't anything new). Hopefully we get some cool stuff this week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)