1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

This was exactly what I was saying.
    GameFreak doesn't care that much about balance

By the way
    If they'd think about any type of play (and I highly doubt they did), it would be with their actual competitions, not smogon and junk.
  2. shockwave527

shockwave527

New evil team: An organization from another region led by a crazy guy who keeps threatening to attack with the most powerful pokemon in existence but really can't do anything because he can't get the pokemon to your region.
  3. Infernis

Infernis

Uh, yes. Eclair is French for Lightning.
  4. dcae

dcae naughty list

Yeah, I think a great idea would be for the evil team not to be a bunch of clowns dressed up trying to take over everything, but actually a company. At first, you don't know its the company: You receive something like the C-Gear from them, but on the way face "Shady Characters" which are unknown identity, but in reality operatives of the company. In the end, a plot is uncovered that the company wants to monopolize the region and control all trade, and so you must battle into their various compounds and eliminate the top leaders, before facing the final boss, who turns out to be none other than the current Champion. This would be a remarkable turn of events, and I think this idea would be a great storyline for a pokemon game.
  5. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Giovanni actually comes back in that HGSS Celebi event. Just sayin'.

Also, he's in BW2 at the PWT as a battler.
  6. Tytus

Tytus

Nuclear fuel doesn't directly make electricity though, any more than coal or wood does. It makes heat that makes steam that turns a turbine, and that makes electricity. If it's bomb-based, I suppose Poison/Fire would be closer to the real thing. But as has been said, I think Japan would steer clear of atomic Pokemon.

I can imagine a bright yellow/green hazmat Pokemon though. It would be neat to have something other than venomous or pollution Pokemon in the Poison-types.

Team North Korea?
  7. Zowayix

Zowayix

I'm expecting CoroCoro to leak in about 24 hours.
  8. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

Is it ever stated in the video game canon that Giovanni wasn't involved with the Mewtwo experiments? It was to my knowledge that he did, but then again that might just be the anime hypnotizing me.
    Also, the business with the Pokemon Mansion and Cinnibar Island in general has a lot of fan speculation, so it would be interesting if they branched off of that sub-plot with this new mew-like Pokemon, and hopefully answer some questions so we can complete the canon.
    Also please have multiple regions playable in this please. (It won't happen but I will never lose hope.)
  9. shockwave527

shockwave527

Bingo bucko.

With all the type confusion in these pokemon, I thought I'd leave a little humor here before CoroCoro:

[​IMG]
  10. NidokingKing

NidokingKing

Didn't Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia do something extremely similar to this. Don't get me wrong, that plot was amazing IMO and I would actually like to see something like this attempted.

Oh my god, that's hysterical. Lovin' Flareon the most here.
  11. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

When will CoroCoro officially be out?
  12. dcae

dcae naughty list

I haven't played any of the Pokemon Ranger or any spin-off pokemon games, so I don't know exactly, but I do think that the idea I listed would be a refreshing new theme for the next bad guys, because the current ones have been getting tiring (However, I really liked BW's N and Ghetsis, they were well expanded on and had well-developed characters, unlike Cyrus for one.)

EDIT: I think its the 15th
  13. shockwave527

shockwave527

Officially? The 15th. Leaks however usually appear ranging from the 10th (although that's SUPER early) to the 15th. I'd assume we'll get some stuff tomorrow and more thursday, however last month it was revealed that the magazine was leaked on the 12th or 13th, but we didn't get anything until the full magazine was shown on the 15th (although it wasn't anything new). Hopefully we get some cool stuff this week.
  14. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I would love if they related this game back to Kanto, and maybe even brought back Professor Oak.

Additionally, yes, the Pokémon Mansion said explicitly a few times that Mewtwo was born from Mew, but I don't think it said who performed the experiments.
  15. Zowayix

Zowayix

General timeline for leaks:

10th - As far as I can remember, this has not happened in the past few years. If it should happen, I would be very surprised.
    11th - Used to be somewhat common, until from what I heard, the source that used to provide leaks at this time is no longer able to for some undisclosed reason. As of around BW2, leaks at this time are rare.
    12th - Given the previous several months, this is a decent to good bet. Not certain, but likely.
    13th - Leaks are very likely out now. I'd be surprised if they weren't out by this date.
    14th - I don't think we've ever needed to wait until this date for leaks.
    15th - Official release.
  16. The Diverman

The Diverman

The cover of one of Corocoro's leaks leaked on the 8th, but we didn't get the rest of the scans until like the 13th because 4chan pissed off 2ch and they refused to upload the rest. I can't remember what games it was, maybe HGSS or Platinum.
  17. dcae

dcae naughty list

Let's just all have patience and wait until the official release so we can make sure the info isn't fake or incomplete.
  18. R_N

R_N

Yeah I'm sure that will happen

God last month was just awful with this. I'm still so disappointed in the people that believed the stupid fairy tale junk
  19. Yveltal

Yveltal

This looks like a good time to continue derping
    [​IMG]
  20. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

Obvious fake.
    Sableye was already confirmed to make a one-time appearance in the 16th movie. It's not a pokemon that Ash is going to capture.
  21. Glen

Glen

the spelling of the torkoal evo's name doesn't make sense

コーライン would be pronounced 'kohrine'. if it was supposed to be pronounced like 'kohrain', since its a train, it would have to be spelled コーレーン
  22. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

Even so.... Why is it a train? Is it because Torkoal has exhaust?

.... That's somewhat clever I guess, but a train implies that this thing is going to have some kind of speed. Which of course it won't, this is torkoal we're talking about here.
    But I like Torkoal. I would've liked a Rock/Fire evo to get rid of that nasty Stealth Rock weakness. Or even Steel/Fire?
  23. cantab

cantab

Fuji is implicated, it being unclear whether there's just one Fuji (met at Lavender) or two. Blaine at least knew Fuji. There's no indication in Red and Blue of Giovanni having anything to do with it, that's an anime invention. One that may well be adopted into game canon, but an anime invention nonetheless.

Oh, and the above rumours were reported a month ago, http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4607262&postcount=6467
    Heck, the very screenshots above date them in March!
  24. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Rock wouldn't prevent Stealth Rocks damage, unfortunately. But Fire/Steel would be decent, but probably overshadowed by Heatran.

Still, I've always imagined an evolution of Torkoal being more along the lines of a larger furnace, running along with the coal theme.
  25. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I remember somebody "leaking" a huge Torkoal evolution right before the Previous CoroCoro came out as well. Give me a sec, I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: There we go. The exact same text too, apparently. Are you sure this "leak" is new, and not from last month?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)