1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I would love if they related this game back to Kanto, and maybe even brought back Professor Oak.

Additionally, yes, the Pokémon Mansion said explicitly a few times that Mewtwo was born from Mew, but I don't think it said who performed the experiments.
  2. Zowayix

Zowayix

General timeline for leaks:

10th - As far as I can remember, this has not happened in the past few years. If it should happen, I would be very surprised.
    11th - Used to be somewhat common, until from what I heard, the source that used to provide leaks at this time is no longer able to for some undisclosed reason. As of around BW2, leaks at this time are rare.
    12th - Given the previous several months, this is a decent to good bet. Not certain, but likely.
    13th - Leaks are very likely out now. I'd be surprised if they weren't out by this date.
    14th - I don't think we've ever needed to wait until this date for leaks.
    15th - Official release.
  3. The Diverman

The Diverman

The cover of one of Corocoro's leaks leaked on the 8th, but we didn't get the rest of the scans until like the 13th because 4chan pissed off 2ch and they refused to upload the rest. I can't remember what games it was, maybe HGSS or Platinum.
  4. dcae

dcae naughty list

Let's just all have patience and wait until the official release so we can make sure the info isn't fake or incomplete.
  5. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yeah I'm sure that will happen

God last month was just awful with this. I'm still so disappointed in the people that believed the stupid fairy tale junk
  6. Yveltal

Yveltal

This looks like a good time to continue derping
    [​IMG]
  7. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

Obvious fake.
    Sableye was already confirmed to make a one-time appearance in the 16th movie. It's not a pokemon that Ash is going to capture.
  8. Glen

Glen

the spelling of the torkoal evo's name doesn't make sense

コーライン would be pronounced 'kohrine'. if it was supposed to be pronounced like 'kohrain', since its a train, it would have to be spelled コーレーン
  9. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

Even so.... Why is it a train? Is it because Torkoal has exhaust?

.... That's somewhat clever I guess, but a train implies that this thing is going to have some kind of speed. Which of course it won't, this is torkoal we're talking about here.
    But I like Torkoal. I would've liked a Rock/Fire evo to get rid of that nasty Stealth Rock weakness. Or even Steel/Fire?
  10. cantab

cantab

Fuji is implicated, it being unclear whether there's just one Fuji (met at Lavender) or two. Blaine at least knew Fuji. There's no indication in Red and Blue of Giovanni having anything to do with it, that's an anime invention. One that may well be adopted into game canon, but an anime invention nonetheless.

Oh, and the above rumours were reported a month ago, http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4607262&postcount=6467
    Heck, the very screenshots above date them in March!
  11. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Rock wouldn't prevent Stealth Rocks damage, unfortunately. But Fire/Steel would be decent, but probably overshadowed by Heatran.

Still, I've always imagined an evolution of Torkoal being more along the lines of a larger furnace, running along with the coal theme.
  12. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

I remember somebody "leaking" a huge Torkoal evolution right before the Previous CoroCoro came out as well. Give me a sec, I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: There we go. The exact same text too, apparently. Are you sure this "leak" is new, and not from last month?
  13. Yveltal

Yveltal

Curse you, Papillon Reel. I was so sure I was being original here. Like, for once.
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

Once again, I will post my new news strategy:
    Two sites usually have good quality leaks, but you don't want to keep reloading over and over throughout the night. So open it on twitter, where (at least on Safari, and maybe on other browsers) it will show a (1) whenever a new post is posted, so you don't have to waste your time checking to see if there was an update!

Heroes of Hyrule:
    https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet
    https://twitter.com/pokebeach_wpm

My idea was always Torkano, a torkoal with a huge volcano on it's back.
  15. Saboros

Saboros

Team Cipher and Team Snagem were my absolute favorites by far, but they were actually evil unlike the other teams that preached that their ideas would help better the world.
  16. dcae

dcae naughty list

Yeah, it won't happen unfortunately.

Any major leaks involving old pokes coming out right before CoroCoro at this point of the year's practically auto fake, the major one being last months Fairy type b.s..
  17. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Hey :<

Anyway, I'm not even going to bother. I have zero faith we'll get even Newtwo's name, much less anything else.
  18. Exbo

Exbo

Oh come on... if they don't reveal something now, there will be 5 CoroCoro's left till October. Don't they want to sell* better? I don't see why they don't reveal at least the early bug/rodent.

Show Hide
    says the freeloader :D

Btw, does anyone remember how many from the Unova dex we knew a month before BW1?
  19. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf

You can see the list of the pre-release Pokémon here.
  20. R_N

R_N

There there, it's not your fault you are a terrible person who was willing to believe those rumors for negative reasons

Also won't it be amazing if we don't get a name out of it. Or a type. Just an entire page of ???????
  21. dcae

dcae naughty list

I don't think they will release any pokes in-game, because there is still 6~ months left until release date, since its universal release. We might get Newtwo's name, and a bunch of ??? for starters and other stuff.
  22. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Oh gawd, I remember the first time I saw Gothitelle.
  23. R_N

R_N

Pokemon Rumble U comes out this month, right? I expect most of the pokemon section to deal with the movie, newtwo, and that. It will be the last time they can give any real push to it, so it'd make some sense.

e: here have a corocoro cover
    [​IMG]

just mentions the new forme and how it "Looks like mewtwo?!?!?!!?"

*shocked face*
  24. Shiruba

Shiruba

a little unrelated, but... which kinds of changes to the mechanics are you guys wanting to see? i'm really wanting hail to get a buff; maybe powers up ice moves + boosts defence in a similar way that sandstorm boosts sp.def?

(sorry if it's too meta-gamey for the orange islands, ehehehe)

but still, any others?
  25. cantab

cantab

I'd like Selfdestruct and Explosion rebuffed. I think they were nerfed because triples, maybe something can be worked out so they're still balanced in triples but good again in singles.

Hail boosting the defence of ice types would be useful, give them a bit more survivability. I think it'd still be the least powerful weather mind.

I wouldn't mind a return to the RBY Hyper Beam mechanic, where if you deal the KO with it (or any of its variants) you don't have to recharge. It might actually make the moves usable.

Wild Pokemon auto-level with you. So no pointless battles if you go back to an early location.

And, of course, Stealth Rock nerf.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)