1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celever

Celever

Stop trying to pick a fight I'll loose? No, I think I'm pretty tight actually!

Patterns may exist in pokemon, but a pattern that Magmortar is copying Electivire is not a pattern, since they were both introduced in the same gen. Also I'm not picking a fight, I'm just pointing out every argument I don't like, kind of like you. Everyone else is putting forward good arguments though, so I'm just pointing out your arguments as they are the only bad ones!

Also the pokemon you propose and Rotom are a lot more a pair than, say, Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos.
  2. labarith

labarith

They were designed to be alike, thus part of a pattern.

Meanwhole fictional FossilGhost is LIKE Rotom in some ways, but not like it in others. A fact you're completely ignoring, which is why you've lost any hope of intellectual honesty or winning this debate.

Shame on you.
  3. Celever

Celever

Shame on me? You were the one who took a completely innocent thread and had to post a post every other turn about why this argument is wrong because of this incorrect fact etc. Also, you didn't make any point with your first sentence, I don't even know what pokemon you were referring to! Anyway, I thought you were actually ignoring the ways that FossilGhost IS similar to Rotom, I acknowledged the ways that FossilGhost is different to Rotom, but you were saying Omastar and Kabutops are a pair, and FossilGhost and Rotom are far more a pair than them. So... yeah.
  4. royzizzle

royzizzle

if they made the set then thats fine. why does it matter if they are considered a parallel to sets of pokemon in previous generations?
  5. Furosuto

Furosuto

Geez, I leave B+ forum and smeargles studio and it gets really hostile between members........

One thing I'm hoping for is that we get a good flying type this gen. Last gen's bird was pretty subpar in the fighting department, I think it would be awesome to get a fighting/flying bird as the main bird early game.
  6. labarith

labarith

I support a 3 evolution Fighting/Bird pokemon early on. If it got Close Combat or something similar, it'd be absurd with the right stats...
  7. cbt

cbt subtle body
    is a Pokemon Researcher
    Mentor

i thought we flamed in a forum?
  8. Infernis

Infernis

This being France, I think we'll get a few thematic Pokemon. A haunted suit of armor would make a handy excuse for Ghost/Steel. (Then again, I thought Cofagrigus would be Ghost/Steel or Ghost/Ground for much the same reason.)
  9. royzizzle

royzizzle

I think nerfing dragon and fighting would do more to balance the metagame game than creating ghost/steel
  10. Chieliee

Chieliee

Just stop talking about this fossil rotom thing already. There's probably a 0.000001% chace of it getting introduced. You just wasted half a page....
  11. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

cofagrigus was a more egyptian pokemon... in an american based region.
  12. labarith

labarith

And look, yet another person who doesn't like the metagame and wants to reoganize the type charty or change base stats so that their favorite pokemon is just shy of being banished to ubers and runs rampant in OU. Go go Slugma!

We really need to establish some ground rules, or at least divide this into two threads - one where people talk about things they want in XY, and one in which people complain about GV and prior things they hope GF takes a hammer to.
  13. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Just going to point out that the only Fighting move that has the blue "sparking" animation that Froakie used is Wake-Up Slap. All that's missing is the actual slapping but nothing's impossible since we don't know the limits to how many animations each Pokemon has (like all the head-on/tackling moves like Flare Blitz and U-urn sharing the same animation in PBR just with different effects around the Pokemon) so it's possible it actually is Wake-Up Slap since low BP moves make sense for starters. Or it could be a new move entirely.
    Reference (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. The Cicada

The Cicada

fight type need no balancing lol. Isnt Blaziken the only uber fight type? o.o
  15. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

All this fighting is tearing us apart. D:
  16. royzizzle

royzizzle

how is talking about potential changes in type chart not within the realm of what to wish for next gen? type chart modifications have been made in the past and new types have even been added.

and why do you keep stirring up hostility with other members?
  17. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

I personally like the idea of a haunted knight for a Ghost/Steel Pokémon, as long as it had both the defensive stats to tank Outrages, and the offensive stats to not hit like a Disney princess. Oh, and preferably, a good speed (on par with Landorus-T at least, but the higher, the better) and Levitate (to actually counter Sheer Force Landorus and friends).
  18. labarith

labarith

Because you're not talking about potential changes you want in principle, like ice being less effective against fire, but instead you're talking about the existing metagame, and how you (erroneously) feel steel and dragon and ice and fire or whatever is overpowered.

One is about XY, one is about BW. XY discussion goes here. BW discussion, erroneous or not, seems like it should go elsewhere.

Haunted Armor is just too awesome for words. Ghost/Steel is a great, atypical typing that works thematically and has a great immunity to fighting types, which the steel side should appreciate. Given the immunity to fighting types, I think it should have only above average defensive stats - no reason to go Skarmory on us - since standing up to a STAB Fire Punch would be a bit much. I actually kind of wish it'd have decent speed, but I think base 80 speed is about as much as we could expect; although I think Shadow Sneak and Bullet Punch might be options... perhaps with Technician?
  19. Infernis

Infernis

That's true, but I saw the sprite and assumed it was a sarcophagus. Those would have been made of metals (hence steel) or stone (hence rock or ground.)

Seriously, if they're ever going to have an opportunity to make steel/ghost, a haunted chunk of steel is just about the best they're going to get. Since they're already done the sarcophagus/coffin, that's one death-related metal object down. Suits of armor being haunted is an established trope, and would fit pretty well.

Admittedly, Golurk would have been another way to pull that off, but they made him ground instead of steel. Golurk of the past seemed to fulfill the same function as the haunted armor trope, so... maybe.
  20. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

So essentially, a Pokémon only weak to Fire with strong offense, defense, and speed.

Sounds good! It'll do great in Ubers.

Also, all of the mayhem going on is perfectly defined by this:
    Massive Image (open)
    [​IMG]
  21. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Yes, unless you want to count Arceus-Fighting. Although a lot of people say Terrakion is dancing a little too close to the border of what might be considered Uber.

I still wouldn't mind a new Ghost-type to help out. In fact, Ghost-types are tied with Ice-types for the 2nd least common type in the OU tier with only 2 Ghosts in OU, Jellicent and Gengar. (Normal-types being the least common now that Chansey dropped.)
  22. royzizzle

royzizzle

why would a person talk about the future without taking into consideration the status quo?
  23. Faint

Faint Valar morghulis
    is a Tiering Contributor

Since there is a lot of discussion about the attacks used in the trailer being related to the mons typing, this may be interesting for some of you. If this is indeed an ice attack we may see froakie's final form as water / ice.

[​IMG]
  24. shockwave527

shockwave527

Ideas: Firestorm, a fire-based one. Thunderstorm, where thunder occasionally has a chance of hitting pokemon or paralyzing pokemon. Boosts electric and possibly sound type (if that becomes a thing. Tornado, in double/triple battles sometimes making pokes miss their intended target. Causes pokemon's sped to vary. Acid rain, boosts poison type and hurts others, may cause poison. Does not effect steel.
  25. royzizzle

royzizzle

looks like ice beam to me. many water types learn ice beam
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)