1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magistrum

Magistrum Admiral Cawmodore ᕙ(◕`‸´◕;)ᕗ
    is an Artist

Magnezone and his family is sad. Very, very sad.

About defensive typing though...steel/poison could be nice.
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

Puhleaze. Everyone wants a Poison/Ice type. five weaknesses and four resistances, plus Poison immunity. Except all of its weaknesses are highly common type-based threats! Earthquake, Flamethrower, any Psychic attack, & Heavy Slam would wreck the thing. It's mix of an offensive and supportive typing would make it a great balance-type Pokemon outside of the meta, though.
    Cradily's got a great defensive typing, with only three weaknesses. It'd be nice to have another Grass/Rock.

EDIT- Dracul's right, I can't count for shit at 6AM.
  3. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

I don't believe you can pigeon hole type combinations in such a way. You can make any type combo do what you want with the right stats, regardless of the typing.

Dusclops with a different typing would still play the same way. Albeit maybe not as well. I do not believe you can see a type and definitely know whether it'll be defensive/supportive/attacking etc.
  4. oshada

oshada

Cradily actually has 4 weaknesses (Fighting, Bug, Ice, Steel).

I wish they would introduce an Ice/Fighting Pokemon... 6 weaknesses (including Bullet Punch and Mach Punch vulnerability) would suck, but the STABs :pimp:
  5. PME

PME

@shockwave527, we also had a short discussion about possible overworld puzzles. I personally suggested the use of the gyro-scope mechanics. Besides that, I can't really think of anything else.

@Infernis, you missed Mewbie and M2X D:
  6. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

What I want to know is if we get Poke contests in this generation.
    The poke musicals are kind of boring after the first few tries.
  7. kaps

kaps

whenever I look at Sylveon I think of easter

the fact that its symbol looks like a decorated easter egg does not help this
  8. Robcore™

Robcore™

I don't agree with people who suggest that Newtwo's 'tail on his head' is stupid because in my eyes, it's a really cool design concept. Think of it like this, Mewtwo is effectively a test-tube baby, an experiment honed to perfection and survivability in comparison to it's earlier brothers and sisters.. it's original form for me was this mutated, mess of a Pokémon as it looks in it's Red and Blue sprite where it's disfigured, unproportioned (perhaps unintentionally), it's basically a freak of nature. It's biggest asset, the sole reason they created Mewtwo, is that it was going to be the strongest Pokémon alive with it's unsurpassed Psychic power. Stick with me.

I always saw Mewtwo's 'tail' as an umbilical cord, that's why it starts around the lower part of it's body, that it's tail will have been connected to some form of life support machine and it'd been provided everything to it from such, much like a baby is inside their mother's womb. It actually makes sense, think about it, that should my reasoning be correct, the umbilical cord would be far more suited nearer it's brain where all of it's power will be drawn from, far more effective. The after-result of this would be that due to the reduced amount of nutrition for the rest of his body, Mewtwo would find himself disfigured, dis-proportioned, closer to the design of Mew which too looks modeled after a fetus.

Newtwo's 'design', should that be the back story, then works a lot more than Mewtwo's current design where it's been softened out to look far more natural; contradictory in the fact that Mewtwo is unnatural by creation. The only issue then is explaining why Mewtwo changed his appearance, I suppose you could use the argument that he sacrificed some of his Psychic power in this original form to make his appearance so, but as a result was less fragile and offered more of a physical threat. Hence, you'd expect the Newtwo forme (awakening form maybe) to have an absolutely ridiculous Special Attack surpassing Kyurem-W, speed to surpass his current self, but reduced Defence and Attack (although not to the level of Deoxys-A which dies when poked). This would then work well with the movie storyline in that he needs to use all of the Special (both offence and defence) to fight against these modified Genesects and that he cannot suppress it for appearances.

Sling the Berserk Gene in there and I think you're onto a winner, which is far more than I felt when I first saw this forme. I think more than anything though, my disdain for the forme initially was down to my disappointment in GameFreak for ruining Mewtwo over generations as I always, always thought Mewtwo had the coolest back story and concept of any Pokémon, from when I was 9 discovering him in Cerulean Cave in Red and Blue (and the invincible feeling that followed when it tore the Elite Four to pieces) even to now as a 23yr old. I just disliked how they softened his sprite and design out over the years, forgetting that he was a mutant, a creation of man meant to be disfigured, dis-proportioned and unnatural.

Unless of course GameFreak conclude that there's more than one Mewtwo, in which case it completely destroys the ENTIRE concept of Mewtwo..
  9. Green

Green

Why is this Mewtwo obviously female, when the previous Mewtwo was male?
  10. Flareon

Flareon

Where is this stated?
  11. Infernis

Infernis

Mewtwo may have been voiced by Dan Green, but it's still not explicitly male. It could just be a Japanese thing. Arceus was voiced by Tom Wayland in America, but they hired Akihiro Miwa (A female impersonator) for the Japanese version because they wanted the genderless legendary to sound more androgynous.
  12. Atticus Lee

Atticus Lee

I think he's talking about how Awaken form looks like it has a single breast and how Mewtwo definitely have pectorals
  13. Infernis

Infernis

I would be incredibly disturbed to find someone with a single bony spine sticking out of their torso for a breast. That's a tad unnatural.

PS: Everyone has pectorals.
  14. Vashimus

Vashimus

Once again, Mewtwo is a non-gendered poke, regardless of the me voice it used for telepathy. The Tao trio also speak telepathically, yet they're still considered genderless.

EDIT: Damn, Infernis repeated myself before I could.
  15. Yveltal

Yveltal

I don't think that thing on Newtwo's chest is a boob, I think that's the top of his ribcage sticking down and out...This new form has Mewtwo go through some serious physical deformation, so I can understand if his bone structure suffers a bit. It's the kind of thing I would expect from a Psychic type who overexposes itself to prolonged periods of weightlessness.
  16. dcae

dcae naughty list

Mewtwo is genderless :O he always seemed male to me, especially since the first movie.
  17. Yveltal

Yveltal

I think this is because back in Gen I, Pokemon that weren't named Nidoran were capable of getting away with an implied gender.
  18. Green

Green

The original Japanese voice acting was obviously male. Now it's obviously female.
  19. PME

PME

All that happened was that they decided to cycle voice actors, that's it. It's implied that there was, and is, only one Mewtwo. I'm not saying that there wasn't another Mewtwo stashed away somewhere, I'm just saying that there isn't anything for the "different Mewtwo" theory at this point in time. The fact that Ash recognized this particular one doesn't help that theory either. (Ash could tell apart his own Pikachu among many others on more than 1 occasion, so don't give me that)
  20. cantab

cantab

Yeah, I thought it looked like a hint of a cosmic type. I've mooted the type before, and considering how many Pokemon we already have that are clearly related to space (and thus might have their typing retconned), to be honest there's more of a case for it than light. And of course cosmic type would tie in with the ever-anticipated Hoenn remakes since the originals have lots of space-related stuff.
  21. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Sylveon = flying?
    no es fake
    [​IMG]
  22. shockwave527

shockwave527

The problem with retconning types this late is there are some huge issues with double type pokemon that fit this. See: Jirachi. Does it become Cosmic/Steel? Cosmic/Psychic? Just cosmic?
  23. Vashimus

Vashimus

So Palkia would change to Cosmic/Dragon, with Spacial Rend being a Cosmic move?

Still seems cooler than Water/Dragon. (Pearls come from the ocean, Diamonds are hard like steel, tooks me years to put 2 and 2 together)
  24. Lolmeister

Lolmeister

I hope to god this is real. To me, Slyveon being a Flying type seems the most logical to me but next thing you know trollfreak will make it Fire/Fighting.
  25. cantab

cantab

Palkia I'd be inclined to not change, due to its cover legendary status and strong mythology. Not all space-related Pokemon have to have the type, any more than all draconic Pokemon are dragon type. Mind you the whole Creation Trio could justifiably have their dragon typing replaced with Cosmic.

Jirachi I'd go Steel/Cosmic, but only on account of Doom Desire being steel type.

I really hope Sylveon's not flying. It's just too popular a prediction, I'd like Game Freak to do something just a little unexpected.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)