1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oshada

oshada

What I would like is for the early bird to be something other than Normal. Pidove was a huge disappointment, hopefully XYBird will have a cool secondary type like Rock or Dark.
  2. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Hate to say it but that is very unlikely
  3. Yveltal

Yveltal

Steel is extremely refined and made to last. I think Poison has no effect on it, because things like metal pipes with a very low percentage of carbon in their makeup don't dissolve right away in acid. Fire, Ground and Fighting techniques can bend them out of shape, and Water can cause them to oxidize and corrode from rust over time (which is why Water isn't super effective, because it takes time for that chemical reaction to occur in real life), but steel in real life already has a near-immunity to toxins. Game Freak artistically licenses this in gameplay by making it completely ineffective.
    Dragon types are uneffective against Steel types, because the sword of the knight eventually triumphs over the dragon. It's really that simple, I think.
  4. CJorex

CJorex

Anyone else think Staraptor should've been Fighting/Flying?
  5. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

To my knowledge, pretty much everyone.

Thing is, and I've brought this up several times in this thread already, that you're supposed to be gradually introduced to the various types. At the very start of your adventure, you get to know the rock-paper-scissors relationship of the Grass, Water and Fire types. Then, you get to see the Normal types, which are pretty indifferent as far as advantages and disadvantages go. Bug and Flying go next, Bug types evolving early and becoming decently good fast, while Flying types hit them super-effectively.

Stuff like Dragon, Ice, Dark and Ghost are definitely late-game types. You get other, stronger Pokémon then, but you need somewhere to start, and that's where the weak, uncomplicated types enter the picture. Normal/Flying is a very good earlygame typing, it combines the easiness of the Normal type with the concept of secondary typings, showing players how types can be combined and a Pokémon can get the benefits of both. If you want more exclusive typings combined with Flying, you can get them later in the game.
  6. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Me
  7. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

[​IMG]

I know we have Taillow but I think this one counts too!
  8. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf

Technically speaking, this week's Smash showcased a trailer about the current filler arc, or so I heard.

But traditionally,
    If Smash showcases anything, they are generally incredibly undetailed or something that appears in a trailer or promotional picture. I think the only exceptions to that rule were Petilil and Cotonee... though there might be others.

Both Smash and Corocoro are owned by Shogukukan, so they determine whatever they are going to show off.

One thing about Newtwo is that it still hasn't got any proper merchandise, so that might be one of the ten or so indicators of "Awakened Mewtwo" not being the actual title. If that's the case, it might take a while to get the actual name, Resolute Form was not revealed until June.

...So, does anybody want to discuss about return of the previous Move Tutors, HMs and TMs, like Curse and Body Slam? Or perhaps return of the old and current event moves and egg moves as a part of the moveset of the current Pokémon, like Lovely Kiss for Nidoran Female? It came to a point where you can make half of an entire regional dex out of the outdated movesets.

Note: To add to the overused type combinations pile, I nominate Poison/Bug and Bug/Steel as well.
  9. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

Water-Ground is over-used combination too

I think Fire-Dragon is under-used, they fit really well together and there is only one and that one doesn't even look like one
  10. Count Bleck

Count Bleck

As far as TM/HMs are concerned, id like TMs to act like HMs. Now that TMs dont vanish after use, HMs are now completely inferior sense they still block a space in your move list until your 4th-6th badge.

With event mlves, I'd like XD moves to return. Featherdance Lugia, Helping Hand Duskull and Co, and Heal Bell Dragonites would be very nice with their new powers.(Multiscales and evos)
  11. Hiphopanonymous

Hiphopanonymous

I'd like to see previous event moves/XD move return too. I'm very much neutral about the HMs, whether they stay or go isn't too big of a deal to me. I VERY much want to see a good amount of new type combos, as some have gotten so stale it's annoying at this point, some resist/SE hit tweaks (Ice resisting Dragon for an example), more defensive pokes to balance the Gen V power creep, and a few neat new moves (A 100% accurate WOW as one poke's signature move would be pretty nice, imo). My final wish for the in-game, is to COMPLETELY eliminate all the forced tutorials (how to catch a pokemon, how to do this, how to do that, what this and that does, stfu and let me figure it out myself ffs). Making the tutorials optional would still assist new players, whist not wasting the time of us veterans. Any thoughts on any of the above??
  12. Flareon

Flareon

What about just more type diversity early game?

Poochyena, Lotad, Seedot, Wingull and Ralts within the very first routes was decent.
  13. cant say

cant say

I'm hoping for some banging French electro. Daft Punk already did the TRON soundtrack, get them on board for XY!
  14. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

You mean the dragon with a giant torch as tail? How does that not look like a dragon/fire type to you?
    If by "fire/dragon" you mean a generic european dragon, I'd rather not have one with that typing as it's incredibly generic and cheesy.
  15. Hiphopanonymous

Hiphopanonymous

Oh. My. God. If Daft Punk did the soundtrack for X/Y, I'd shit bricks. Bricks of pure, solidified DELIGHT. Micheal Jackson did the soundtrack for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, so it IS entirely plausible...
  16. Shiruba

Shiruba

17. kaps

kaps

I think it has more to do with the fact that it is the only fire pokemon besides the Chandelure line (which has flames on it anyways) that isn't red. Sure, it's tail can light up, but otherwise it's color scheme is very ambiguous

I'd also argue it doesn't look like a dragon either, but then again neither does Altaria or Zekrom
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

Don't you mean fire there?

Poochyena, Ralts…

Does anyone remember that fake?
    [​IMG]
    That bird, based off where it came from, could have been either dark or (more likely) poison. I think it would be cool to have a poison bird, and I definitely want something like this early game. All early birds have had very simple color schemes; I want something that stands out.
  19. Farrac

Farrac

GUISE!! I've something important to tell you! Remember Hirobyte, the Spaniard from Pokexperto who leaked the fifth gen starters evos and such? The one that I talked about some pages ago? Well, he is supposedly going to reveal Xerneas/Yveltal/Sylveon typing at 7:00 PM (here in Spain, do the calcs for your timezones). Of course this can be fake, but let me remind you that he did the same with Pignite/Dewott/Servine and no one believed him, so he has a good point. On the other hand, he tweeted this earlier this morning:
    In other words, "Today is a fairy day. Do you like fairies? ...which is kinda suspicious. Stay tuned for this! He is supposedly going to reveal some artworks here:
    https://www.facebook.com/Pokemaniacos.Wifi.Club I know it is in Spanish, but...whatever.
  20. CAPS alt

CAPS alt

I think we'll get a dragon-fighting this generation and it'll most probably be a bulky attacker with low speed maybe even 145 attack. It'll be so strong pseudo-legendary with those awesome stabs and good resistances.
  21. Magistrum

Magistrum Admiral Cawmodore ᕙ(◕`‸´◕;)ᕗ
    is an Artist

You can't stop people from finding reason to those type interactions; it’s part of gamefreak not explaining everything and giving us the benefit of the doubt. Well, scratch that. It’s not just gamefreak; every game I’ve played doesn’t need to explain itself to its players on how it relates types/elements to each other. Why do we have to whine about game developers not spoonfeeding us about this when we ourselves can connect the dots?
    Endothermic or ectothermic, that doesn't change the fact that dinosaurs didn't last long and became extinct at the advent of the Ice Age---a testament to why reptiles find it difficult to survive the cold. And you probably heard about the theory that the origins of dragons in many legends around the world, when looking at it scientifically, came from various fossils of humongous dinosaurs. Relating dragons to dinosaurs isn't that hard, really.
    Why not? The form of dragons (eastern and western) in general is reptilian. I do not understand why such reasoning is shaky to you. And why did metabolism come into play here?

Let's not stray into specific pokemon here---types in general are what we're talking about. Talking about certain dragon-type pokemon not having reptilian elements in your viewpoint and thus should not be weak to ice is comparable to why Stunfisk is a fish that is not water-type and is weak to water. We shouldn’t open a can of worms mixed with pokemon design bashing.
    While I do not reject the fact that winds do not affect much smaller plants, wind itself is not the whole package of the flying type---that’s why it isn’t named wind-type. Also that's why I said there could be two explanations about it. What is your opinion on the other?
    I will quote myself on this: “Well, that's the problem with having many types. If we use something like Final Fantasy X and its general 4 elements chart, then it would be, as you say, intuitive. But with a game utilizing 17 types, there's bound to be conflict. However, there is always a reason behind what gamefreak did with their charts---It's for us whether to accept it or not.”

This is what really irks me about your posts. You keep talking about certain type interactions not making sense whatsoever, when they actually have logical basis which you just find hard to accept. There is a difference between “Dragon-types being weak to ice attacks don’t make sense, period” and “Dragon-types being weak to ice attacks is questionable”.
    While I agree that the type chart needs tweaking here and there, it’s mostly from a competitive standpoint, and less on the logical one. For example, you could try to make each type to be weak against 3 other types, strong against 2, and immune against 1 for the sake of balanced typing interaction, but that will definitely sacrifice logical basis in many aspects.

I was actually hoping for Pokemon having more dynamic tunes like Persona 4's battle soundtrack(mostly because I adore Shoji Meguro's music), but it's probably wishful thinking...X(
  22. Exbo

Exbo

God I hope that's real. Begging for translators :3
  23. Farrac

Farrac

I'l be your guy XD However, I don't know if I'll be here by the time it happens.

Oh, to save you the calcs for your timezone... one hour left
  24. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

God I hope he isn't trolling us!!!
    I'm dying to know their types.
  25. Exbo

Exbo

Ok, the facebook page confirms it (google translate) so we now hope Hirobyte isn't a troll :3
    Oh god at last juicy news :3
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)