Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiruba

Shiruba

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

one has to understand that english and spanish are in different lingual families. english is germanic, spanish is romanic
    spanishisthesexiestlanguageever

but you have to remember that they are VERY different in structure and each has their own grammatical rules and metaphors - english in particular is hard to change it to because it has so many stupid rules that change often, unlike spanish, which is complicated but has set rules, as far as i am aware.

plus we get into the whole homophone issue and whatnot.

don't use google translate for lingual nuances; they WILL mess you up.
  2. Farrac

Farrac

I may miss something, but I don't see anything wrong, except for the pun. He said that it was a fairy day just as a teaser, and it was not a punt (fairy=fair) because he wrote it in Spanish XD

Also, Spanish is romanic, not romantic, but yeah, Shiruba is right XD
  3. Shiruba

Shiruba

I KNEW THAT.
    I DID.
  4. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's not like google translating japanese which is just....nonsense.

I mean even if the sentence structure didn't get across entirely, most of those tweets seem mostly correct. And readable.
  5. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

I'm more interested in why the hell he chose that FB page of all places as the venue for releasing this leak. It just seems a little overly convenient that a fansite trying to get its legs would be the place that got this right? I'm presuming he's actually somehow involved in its creation or something, because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense otherwise.

Anyway, this kind of dashes my hopes. Fairy type. I mean it's not Light type but it's the next worst thing.

Of course he could still be wrong, but I'm inclined to believe from past experiences that this probably is genuine. Unless his source did get cut off by gamefreak at some point. It IS still possible that he's been flat out pretending to be in the know so far. He hasn't said anything before this since the pokedex leak that anyone couldn't have figured out for themselves. I find this unlikely honestly though, it'd be quite the long time to uphold the farce. Though I'd also like to know how on Earth he's avoided being shut down by Gamefreak if he still is in the know as he claims. There's also the possibility that this is just someone pretending to be him on twitter (wouldn't be the first imposter on the interwebs), but I have no idea how to verify this seeing as I've never used twitter and haven't been following him. Anyone been following him for an extended period of time that can confirm it really is the same hirobyte that leaked the Pokedex back in Gen V?
  6. Shiruba

Shiruba

agreed, it's decent for getting the general picture, but not for little nuances and single words that could potentially change the entire meaning.

i'd just like to point out that the arabic language translates surprisingly well... like, it looks like someone who speaks english wrote it, a lot of the time.

take this, for example, to gt:
    Show Hide
    أنا أحب القراءة كثيرا
    عندما ذهبت إلى المكتبة
    لم أجد هذا الكتاب القديم
    أردت أن أقرأ كتابا عن تاريخ المرأة في فرنسا

AGAIN, though. i am genuinely confused as to why having a new type is a bad idea. the "fact" that it'll make the type chart unbalanced is bullshit, as it's obviously /not/ balanced the way it is.
  7. Farrac

Farrac

Yeah, well, you get the general idea of the tweet, but I don't want any kind of misunderstanding. Japanese is just...madness.

Anyway, I asked him if he could give us some kind of evidence of him being legit and he told me that he actually can't prove himself right, that it will be oficially announced eventually and then he will be proven right, but right now believing him or not is up to each one. I could also ask him about why did he choose the FB page, but I cannot promise anythin.
  8. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

I'd like you to ask that if you can, I'm curious about the answer. It really seems like a weird place to give the leak to. Ask if he has any connection to the page and why he chose to leak it there if you can.
  9. Shiruba

Shiruba

yeah, definitely true that there's no way he can actually prove himself until masuada or whomever decides to say it.

still, might as well ask. might put some more credibility, although i think his answer will be something along the lines of "to promote the facebook page."
  10. Yveltal

Yveltal

lolol, it's ok to make little mistakes. Italian's the real romanTic language. I'd be translating all the way into October if there were any great sources that covered points of interest that Serebii, WPM, PJ, filb, and the bulbagardeners didn't already handle. Oh well...
    Anyway, Fairy-type. It means it's magical, so that's an easy explanation for Sylveon's new Magic Room technique in that trailer, right? Right?? It's prolly fake, but he didn't want to jump the gun on his blog and risk getting called out even harder for mass trolling. I'm all for believeing in it until proven otherwise :D
  11. Shiruba

Shiruba

in the end, waiting until it's revealed is the only thing you can do. there's no 100% guarantee until that happens.

(also i found this comment /really/ funny)
    >> Para mi que el tipo nuevo es tipo princeso.

>> "i think the new type is 'princess'"

...or something like that pardon the spanish i can only figure that out with french + english knowledgez ;o;
    so if i'm wrong feel free to shoot my in the face or somefink
  12. Sgt.Moose

Sgt.Moose

I hope this guy is wrong this one time. I just dont really want new types, since they seem unnecessary. Also, why the heck would Xerneas be only Fairy type? It just doesn't make sense.

Evil (japanese) = Dark (english)
    Fairy (japanese) = Light (english)
  13. Quickster

Quickster

It still strikes me as odd that Xerneas is supposedly a Fairy type when Yveltal is a Dark/Flying type. For one thing, only one of them is a dual-type. There's never been a time where only one of the two box legendaries has been a dual-type, so it seems a bit out of place. Also, if Xerneas is a Fairy type, shouldn't one of Yveltal's types be the counterpart to that? For example, Kyogre is a Water type and Groudon is a Ground type, counterparts to show the sea and land. As far as I know, Dark is the counterpart to Psychic (Espeon and Umbreon) or Fighting so Yveltal doesn't seem to be the counterpart to Xerneas in terms of typing. Lugia and Ho-oh don't have opposite type but at least they share a type. Just by looking at this "reveal", I'm suspicious because of the information being given out. I think it's likely for Yveltal to be a Dark/Flying type but I'm still hoping for a Grass/Steel or Steel/Psychic Xerneas, or something along those lines.

Of course, this could all be real but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Also Fairy is clearly not the opposite of Evil. Fairies can be evil and mischievous after all.
  14. Issus

Issus

Mixed feelings about this fairy type. On one hand I see some good ideas, like a St.George esk Suit of armor looking Pokemon, but on the other hand I hate that "fairy" comes off as such a specific term. Myth type would sound a lot better, to me at least. To add to this, A lot of Pokemon have designs that have originated from myths and legends, a la Sableye, Wiscash and Ninetales. This only compounds the problem the fairy type MIGHT create, surely Gamefreak can't justify retconning so many pokemon. If they don't end up retconning anything though, we will all be left asking why there's a continuity gap in the typings of Pokemon (Clefairy and Sylveon).

Sorry if this makes no sense to anyone, I was just scrawling off my thoughts.
  15. Farrac

Farrac

Yeah, but it is a joke. "Princeso" does not exist in Spanish, the male counterpart of "princesa" (princess) is "príncipe" (prince), but "princeso" looks like a gay prince. Hard to explain.
  16. kaps

kaps

please don't let it be called 'fairy' in english

I have disliked new types for a long time, but the idea has grown on me. however, 'fairy' is an awful name. what is a 'fairy'? it's supposed to imply magic, right? aren't all pokemon in a sense magical though? and psychic already has the idea of magic covered.

which is why I liked cosmic better; it was a better defined 'category', with it's constituents being from not of the pokemon world. sound would be another one (which I wanted for Explouds sake) that has a well-defined meaning. even light would be less ambiguous than 'fairy'. and you can't say that 'fairy' implies that it looks like a fairy; Xerneas looks nothing like a fairy, and despite Celebi's resemblance to one it likely won't be fairy-type as it would involve changing a type, not just adding one.

either way, do you guys think there's any implication here between fairy, dark, and flying types? the second generation is the only set of games to this date where one mascot does not have a resisted or super effective type over the other. perhaps Dark beats, Fairy, or vice-versa? or maybe just a resistance?

just read above, I really like the sound of Mythic
  17. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You think "Fairy" is too broad but then want "Mythic" which would describe far more Pokemon both legendary and non than Fairy (or Magic) ever would?
  18. Farrac

Farrac

Yeah, anything sounds better than Fairy. Also, everyone in the FB page think that it is a troll because they think Fairy means this:
    [​IMG]

And then I feel ashamed of my countrymen.

Anyway, unfortunately Hiro does not answer me. However another guy has told me it was because of money. Don't mind him though.
  19. Glurak93

Glurak93

Yeah, typically for this fanbase to just dislike everything that's new :D

I like it. I hope it's real cause it would bring fresh air to the games. It would also fit sylveon most of all types.
    And really, it's ridiculous to say it's likely fake because box-legendaries have both dual type or none of them, or things like that. There is no such thing like a pattern for that, and you can't base your opinion on such senseless points
  20. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

I really doubt they would (yeah, still not quite convinced) call it "Fairy" in English. It sounds too "girlish", and I think GameFreak would want to reach out to both genders when marketing something new.

Then again, I think it would be proper for any new types to be "softer and smilier" than the average. Most cute little Pokémon lose their cuteness and become badass as they evolve (Hi, Exploud!). Those who don't, tend to suck (Wigglytuff, Delcatty, Bellossom, Altaria...), though with a few exceptions (Togekiss, for instance).

It would make sense to introduce a group of Pokémon that are both cute and good at the same time. Most of the "best" Pokémon are rather masculine in appearance, either sinister (Gengar), big and muscular (Machamp, Metagross) or downright badass (Haxorus, Scizor). If you want to create a good team to blast your way through the game, you won't get far without the traditional toughies. If you for some reason want to stick to the cutiemons, you're gonna have a harder time unless you really know your stuff. I think it would make sense to appeal to the softies (or the little girls, if you want), and create a line of Pokémon who evolve into being great, but still keep their cuteness.
  21. Farrac

Farrac

What I find weird and suspicious is that Hiro has leaked the English names instead of the Spanish ones, considering it is a global release and he has leaked it in a Mexican FB page...which is even weirder. We all know that he can leak it in Pokexperto as always.
  22. Issus

Issus

Would they really make an entire new type just for that purpose though? Why not just make a high number of softer, cuter, strong Pokemon. I'm all for that idea because I love the cuties/underdogs.But heck, I really don't think a fairy type is a good thing, even Light type is a better concept to me. Just my opinion though, Only time will tell us whether this leak is a fake or not.
  23. Shiruba

Shiruba

well, he called the "fairy" type "hada," right? but if you mean the image... perhaps he was trying to reach out to a larger amount of people? i'd also think that proportionally, more spaniards/mexicans/etc speak english than the other way around.
  24. Farrac

Farrac

Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't be surprised if it were something different in Spanish. Dark is Siniestro, for example, which is closer to the Japanese meaning, or Grass is Planta, which makes more sense, but he indeed called it Hada several times in twitter.
  25. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

This time, I'm not going to say a word...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)