1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

^A Fire/Poison Weezing evo would be cool. It makes sense since gases are largely flammable, it would have Levitate and a useful STAB, and its already walled to hell and back by Heatran so it's not like that would matter too much.
  2. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

LOL. There's one more you're forgetting... what's that guy's name again? The Uber Bug/Steel one with Download and 120/120/99 offenses, with a riduculous movepool that's easy to abuse? Hmmm...

! Oh! It's Durant!
    [​IMG]
    Hahahaha GENESECT!!!
  3. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Haha how did that slip my mind? In any case, Genesect has literally all three of those things; perfect stats/movepool, great secondary typing, and a kickass ability. But that combination will make anything Uber (see: Blaziken).
  4. Enraikou

Enraikou

Ok I don't know if this was already cited, and I'm not going back on pages, because I only see people wondering what type could be or what move, bláh, we don't even know what it will be.
    Maybe Happiness will affect the game now? Beside Return/Frustation?

"By deepening ties between the player and Pokemon, new Pokemon Battle mechanism is even stronger"

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201301/08026993.html
  5. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

He is also forgetting of Forretress, which is not a dominant Pokémon, and is neither strong, nor has amazing stats (except physical Defense). However, it shares the same Bug/Steel typing with Genesect, Durant, and Scizor, and has an amazing support movepool. Between Rapid Spin, the three hazards, the two screens, Volt Switch, Gravity, and even Counter, Forretress is another, very viable, and excellent Bug-type to use.

You should not overlook a type just because there are many bad Pokémon from that type.
  6. CountBleck

CountBleck

I've been begging for a Ghost steel since gen 2 introduced steel and I've been begging for a haunted suit of armor since at least when gen 5 was announced. I would've been more upset but gen 5 did give us 3 new ghost type combinations.
  7. theBEEZ KNEEZ

theBEEZ KNEEZ

Lol yes
  8. royzizzle

royzizzle

it doesnt take thousands of manhours to realize that ice needs a buff and that dragon needs another resist. players already get rewarded by the fact that most dragons have superior stats. superior type is overkill for dragons.
  9. Shroomisaur

Shroomisaur Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

This. Now this is an idea I've had myself for quite a while! It would be a great idea and fit the Ghost/Steel typing perfectly (and have reason for good defensive stats as well). However, I see a lot of people wildly posting about stats and abilities with no sense of balance whatsoever...

This is right on the money. A Pokemon with such a wonderful defensive typing and immunities doesn't need stellar stats to be a huge defensive threat (I think even Kitsunoh's HP is too high considering its 103/110 atk/speed, honestly). So to balance a Pokemon with that type, a stat distribution with mediocre offenses (like Claydol) or bad speed (like Golurk) will balance it out. Oh, and no Levitate.

All that said, I love the idea, but I keep returning to Golurk whenever I think of the concept, or a potential stat spread... they would be very similar.

Fire/Poison is a good idea. It seemed like Magmar was pretty close way back in RBY with his access to Smog (or even Weezing, since he could use Fire Blast and is made of combustible gas), but we've still yet to get this combination somehow. That typing would make a great special attacker (and that's a typing that I really WOULD like to see given Levitate!)

Also, that blasted Bug/Ground Pinsir evo I wanted during Gen5 speculation... I want it to actually happen this time. Even without any big stat boosts... STAB Mold Breaker EQ. Make it happen!
  10. shockwave527

shockwave527

What if they changed the types so everything had 5 weaknesses, 5 resistances, 6 no effects and one that doesn't affect you at all?

Oh right. That would suck.

They make the pokemon for the game and anime first, and focus on anything having to do with competition later. They do what makes sense in the game. Dragon is an elusive type until the end, but really powerful. Aren't games better where you get more powerful stuff like that closer to the end rather then everything always being as good as everything else and no need to switch? I say leave it the way it is. Maybe add a new type or too, but make them at least make sense and don't just even it out for no logical reason aside from balance.
  11. Guppin

Guppin

About the ghost/steel Pokemon, a haunted set of armour doesn't exactly scream "Pokemon" to me. This is what I think it should look like (I'll put it in Pokedex form)

"Long extinct, the spirit is all that is left of this Pokemon. They steal thick sheets of metal from factories to mold their old body."

This way the new Pokemon won't have to look so humanoid (for some reason I hate that). It would also still stick to the ghost and steel theme. This is just my opinion.
  12. Blazen

Blazen

Pokemon has had everything from ice cream to a genetically engineered super clone. I think they can pull off a haunted suit of armor.
  13. shockwave527

shockwave527

But that's the point! Dragons are supposed to be, well, dragons. They are meant to be super powerful and hard to defeat. They're not supposed to be weak to a lot and not much should defeat them. Pokemon are made for fun first and stategy later. I don't get all this type-chart talk. Sure, that's nice for competitive players, but think about their reasoning. Being super powerful is the whole reason for this big, strong type. A finale type, if you will.
  14. Guppin

Guppin

True, very true.
  15. The Cicada

The Cicada

neither does cofagrigus
  16. Blazen

Blazen

I don't get it either. The only chart change suggestion I've seen that I like is letting Ice resist Water. Other than that there is a reason most Dragons are found near the end, and why 4 of the 6 Pseudos introduced so far are Dragon types. Besides, the Smogon tiers currently have Kyurem sitting in BL. A base 660 legendary Dragon that can't even cut it in OU.
  17. labarith

labarith

Eh, it's practically Metagross, so I don't think Ubers is quite right... although it would make a pretty sweet spin blocker (further suggesting there should be a rapid spin variant, or perhaps an ability that eats entry hazards...).

Well, I'll take this one up: I've advocated making pokemon have their own niche; I don't think any pokemon x should be functionally better in every way than pokemon y. Until Multiscale, Dragonite was almost functionally outclassed by salamence. Now they both have their own niche; IE good balance.

So, yeah, I want a Magcargo evolution that makes it have a place in, say, UU or OU. It'd be a physical wall for trick room teams - probably, but a rocket slug evolution with good speed might fill up it's problems; theoretically a special attacker with skarmory stats and a useful ability would be UU worthy.

Sunflora, too, could get a decent evolution and be a decent trick room special sweeper if they put some effort into it. Alternatively, an exclusive move - say "Call for Family" which gives you a clone of it at full health, turning singles into doubles/triples, would be pretty interesting, if gimmicky. Sunflora wouldn't be OU/Ubers quality, but it's have it's niche.

I wish GF would ask "how can we make this so it's useful?" Give everything a niche.
  18. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

snorlax is based on a panda... right?

we need more bears
  19. The Cicada

The Cicada

Spinda evo then.
  20. Guppin

Guppin

We have Ursaring too.
  21. The Cicada

The Cicada

and Beartic, which everybody bitched about being an ice ursaring.
  22. Blazen

Blazen

I know someone suggested the the Ghost/Steel be given levitate, but I personally hate the idea. I feel like it should have a decent ability that helps it, not one that leaves it with only one weakness, and an extra immunity. My personal ability choice for it is Battle Armor. Crit immunity is useful, but shouldn't leave it OP, since no one relies on crits competitively.
  23. Cinccino

Cinccino

Just do Steel/Ghost Mawile evo. It really fits Mawile's ghostly origin.
  24. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

I meant panda bears.

Spinda evo would be wanted. Preferably something that can abuse his ability
  25. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I do not understand how people s wish lists consist of
    1. Better spin blockers
    2. More variation of hazards
    3. Better spinners
    4. New rapid spin move or ability

Why on earth would people want such a hazard centric metagame is beyond me. Additionally these request confuses me on whether the community finds problem in spinners or hazard setters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)