1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

oh good, I can still hope for a grass/steel hedgehog pokemon then.

So, I have a theory about sylveon.

Maybe to go along with the whole X and Y DNA or chromosome theme, Sylveon will only be female and later they are going to reveal an eeveelution that can only be male. That would make sense as to why it looks so frilly and has ribbons.

Thus, If sylveon is a new type then the male version eevee will be another new type that opposes it
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

150 pages later, the notion that Sylveon is only female still makes me cringe. I'd like them to release a second, or even third Eeveelution with Sylveon. The only real issue is that Eevee's evolutionary family would take up 1/16 of the local Pokedex, if that even counts as an "issue"
  3. RitikGupta

RitikGupta

What I am worried about is: how they will plan that much data. Now with over 700 Pokemon, 1000 Moves and ability, A wide region, how will 3DS handle that much data? Excuse me, I don't know much about 3DS. And this is my first post on Smogon. So please be kind to me.
  4. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

moves and abilities probably don't take up that much space
    But regardless, the 3ds carts can hold several gigs of data, iirc. You'd be surprised how much you game you can fit into just one gig, though (the latter DS Pokemon games were ~500 mb).
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

R N's right, a 3DS game cartridge can hold up to 32 GB where DS game cartridges hold up to 8 GB. I don't know how much storage space BW2 cost on the game cards themselves, but if they were able to add more Pokemon to the wild and six new cities into the game after BW, I think Game Freak may be gods of data consolodation. Most of the data is definately going to be graphical, since launching an attack is simply telling the system to run a series of corresponding animations and preset damage mathematics. Guess which part of that eats up more memory, the command or the outcome? Cities, meshes, bump maps, alpha maps, HUDs...the list of images that have to be sourced is incredible.
  6. The Diverman

The Diverman

I'm sorry Yveltal, but where in the heck are you getting those numbers? The biggest DS cartridge that has ever been made is 512 MB, which most of the Pokemon games are on. Though, the DS cartridge is capable of holding more memory, it's just unkown how much it can. The 3DS cartridge can be 1GB-8GB, 8 being the maximum capacity for now. I think(don't quote me on this) that all 3DS games out right now use 2GB cartridges and a lot of them don't even use half the space on them.

I'm not worry about them fitting all the data on a 3DS card, it might be the first 4GB cartridge, but if it is, it's going to have a lot of space left over. Just for perspective: Fire Emblem: Awakening takes up the largest amount of data on the 3DS cartridge out of games out right now(last time I checked) and it's still barely over 1GB.
  7. RitikGupta

RitikGupta

Another thing is: I hope they keep the gird-based movements. It has always been a pain in 3D games, to not being able to move where you want to. It will be quite of a pain to rotate camera again and again to see and go where you want to. I meant, a trainer can catch you off-guard if you didn't rotate the camera to see him. I hope the camera stays something like Super Mario 64, while you can stand somewhere, and press a button to go first-person and look around your surroundings.
  8. Yveltal

Yveltal

[​IMG]
    A certain somebody who told me those specs is about to get the verbal beating of a lifetime. I'll stick to my self-appointed jurisdiction of knowing about compilers, game engines, and how animators think & work from now on.
  9. Basileus

Basileus

Yvetal, that is the funniest image ever. Anyway, I think the conclusion to this argument will be determined by wether or not you two can provide valid sources.

On the speculation about fairy type, I think that the male-female X-Y thing makes more sense. And for that to happen, it will likely be normal.
  10. Dreamox

Dreamox

11. Farrac

Farrac

My preinstalled version of Fire Emblem Awakening takes up 8798 blocks of space, I don't how many mb is that. If someone knows, please,do the calc. I estimate it's around 1 GB and FEA is a wonderful looking game.

EDIT: Hiro has just tweeted the following: "Would you like a day of light?" This time, he has tweeted it in both English and Spanish
  12. Ondore

Ondore

1 block = 128KB

So FE:A is just over a GB, Monster Hunter is nearly 2GB, and Resident Evil Revelaitons (the largest 3DS game to this point) is 3+ GB.
  13. b2j135

b2j135

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  14. cantab

cantab

Cartridge capacities are usually quoted in bits, which would explain your confusion. An 8 gigabit DS cartridge would hold one gigabyte; IIRC such a large cartridge never actually appeared but was known to be possible.
  15. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Light, on its own, I can stomach. It sure is unlikely, but not totally out of the question. I mean, certain fans have been asking for it for so long that if I were GameFreak, I'd give it to them just to shut them up.

Fairy, also on its own, sounds like a decent concept. Sure, it would be a little overlapping with Psychic and Normal, and frown-inducing to many, but it would fit with many of the already-existing Pokémon.

There are certain recurring "themes" running across typings and egg groups (such as the connection to light shared by Pokémon as different as Staryu, Ampharos and Latios, or the happiness-inducing powers of a admittedly more homogeneous group with members like Chansey, Wigglytuff and Togetic) that could serve as a foundation for a retconning retype.

However, Light and Fairy at the same time... I'm not even sure what to think. I know GameFreak has a thing for introducing things in pairs, so it could make some sense, but on the other hand, it sounds like a really big step, if it involved changing types of a whole bunch of old 'mons to fit into both the new types.

Besides, have we got any indications that new types are on the way? Sure, both Sylveon and Xerneas have us guessing wildly (as for Yveltal, it seems more like a question of picking two out of Fire, Dark, Flying, Ghost and arguably Psychic), but is there really any reason to believe that they both will get new, different typings? I mean, sure it fits with what we know, but we know so little that basically anything can be seen as plausible with a little stretch of the imagination.

Also, if Hiro already has revealed the types of Sylveon, Xerneas and Yveltal... what is he going to do with a hypothetical Light type? There aren't really any Pokémon to pin the type on yet, is there?

*looks at Newtwo*
    *groans*

I sometimes feel like giving up...
  16. shockwave527

shockwave527

This was one of the FIRST things discussed, at the VERY beginning. Nothing new.
  17. Farrac

Farrac

^Dat.

The only thing I can think of is that Xerneas is Fairy/Light type or something. I mean, he claims that those are the typing, but even if this is real he might have decided to leak the two types in separate days. In fact, that is what TrollFreak usually does, am I right? Also we all felt that Xerneas being pure Fairy was kind of...odd. Or maybe he is just trolling because he is bored now.

Edit: Now he has tweeted this: "No light type, I meant something else related to light". wat.
  18. Spork

Spork

light as in revelation, as in there'll be a day soon with much revealed?

perhaps he's referring to a day/night system?
  19. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

I liked it better when we just got leaks when they leaked, not teasers of leaks of leaks.
  20. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

maybe you will get some place with a natural light source or something, or a pokemon as ampharos as light species
  21. cantab

cantab

It'll be the release of the 3DS Lite.
  22. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

That is THE best idea of this thread
  23. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

This thread needs a voice of reason... I mean c'mon people!!!
    Light and Fairy type in the same gen? Both fan made types somehow become official?
    I can't be the only one here who thinks we're getting trolled.
  24. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

no way, light and fairy type wont happen at once.....
  25. RitikGupta

RitikGupta

Ummm. Fairy = Light?
    Xerneas = Light/Steel
    Yveltal = Dark/Flying

This is the only way. lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)