1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Cicada

The Cicada

Spinda evo, fight/normal. Abusing Contrary since gen 6
  2. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

Just to abuse super power.
  3. labarith

labarith

Levitate + Ghost/Steel would make it pretty strong. So give it less than 600 base stats. 100/95/100/50/60/95, for example, wouldn't be unbeatable, but wouldn't dominate I think.
    poison, ground, normal, fighting x 0 - that's pretty hot.
    Fire x 2, Ghost, Water, Dark x 1... but these are all special attackers anyways. For all intents and purposes, this would be a Shedinja that gets 2 or 3 hit KOed by a lot.

w/o levitate, there's some chance Earthquake could OHKO him after stealthrocks, with good stat allocatiom, but he'd be a lot less interesting IMO. Still, 4 immunities > 3 seems like it's carve it's own niche and wouldn't need base 600 stats to do anything.

Edit: We really do need a Contrary abuser besides Spinda and Snivylutions.

Edit 2: Also, I think we need a few variations of Flame Charge; such an excellently designed move.
  4. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

Forretress has steel as secondary typing and you already talked about the movepool.Case closed.
  5. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

Special Fire type priority
  6. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

To all pokemon that can use Draco Meteor.:naughty:
  7. Furosuto

Furosuto

8. Redjar

Redjar

This.

For the record, I doubt Gamefreak cares about our metagame and isn't there a forum already dedicated to metagame discussion in GenVI?
  9. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

Seems like a lot of people are going for the Porcupine/Armadillo looks for Chespin. I like that. I'm kinda hoping Fennekin doesn't end up looking too much like Ninetales. And man, those Froakie final evos are awesome!
  10. Blazen

Blazen

4 immunities 8 resistances and 1 weakness is overkill, no matter how you cut it. 3 immunities, 8 resistances, and 2 weaknesses is still really good.

Other than Battle Armor, I could also see it run Cursed Body, or Pressure. As a second ability, Weak Armor could provide a different play style, though I don't think we have yet seen a Pokemon that could actually make the ability useful.

As for stats I would rather it have good HP, and Def, decent Att and S. Def, and abyssmal S. Atk, and Spd. So maybe something like 100/85/100/50/85/45. I'm not good at coming up with stat spreads though, so I could be way off here.
  11. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

If froakies evolutions are half as good as some of these i will be so happy. I mean toad sage lok is just amazing and original. All i can ask for after that would be cool typing preferably water fighting or water electric. Please no water ice or pure water as they are both lame.
  12. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I hope they play up the hedgehog theme and don't just go with spiky mammal theme
  13. OVERGRO

OVERGRO

Here's to Chespin's hat becoming a crown... another regal grass type!
  14. Guppin

Guppin

I hope not. I would like it to become more like headgear, like Aggron. But a crown would make it to much like Serperior or Slowking.
  15. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

Fire typing in itself needs some massive boosts or GF needs to change stealth rock to a rock type future sight. I hate that move, and it's the one reason why DPPt is on my hit list

But anyway. I want Froakie's evo's to have some MASSIVE STACHE going on. I want a bulky Mr. Miyagi.

What I also feel would be very innovative is if Gen 6 starters had Gender Differences
  16. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I saw a pretty awesome evo somewhere where the headset turns into a huge, spiky back that makes it a enormous tank. I hope it follows that.

Also, I love Froakie and hope the clouds don't play much into the final evolution. If that happens, it'll start looking like Thundurus 2.0.

The general consensus seems to be that tons will be choosing Fennekin, with some choosing Froakie for being adorkable and some choosing Chespin for being cute. Is that the right mindset? (Froakie for the win, by the way)
  17. Guppin

Guppin

I would think that's the right mindset, at least for now. Since we know nothing about the starters besides type and looks. (I'm choosing Fennekin).
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

With all this entry hazard talk, cool idea:

Move: TRAPDOOR
    Lays a trap that, to the next non-levitate pokemon to switch in, that pokemon will take damage. It is dark type and is removed after it take effect.

Possible addition: it could dissappear if the pokemon it is set under faints before a new one is sent out, so as to give them reason to stay in.
  19. labarith

labarith

I actually want an ability that "plays" Ember when the pokemon comes into play. Not really priority, but does almost the same thing...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spiritomb

0 weaknesses, 3 immunity, 1 resistance, and base 485 with 35 in speed.
    3 immunities, 8 resistances, and 2 weaknesses IS really good, I agree. :) But I suspect it's going to have weak special defenses, meaning that it will, more or less, like Metagross fall to special attackers.

Giving it levitate makes is so much better. But I think that allows for it to have moderate stats and still be heavily played; it'd rely upon it's great typing - period. You give it a decent movepool and decent stats everywhere, and it's solid.

The great typing of Ghost/Steel might be able to stand w/o Levitate, but Heatran sets a pretty solid OU standard:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Heatran
    base stats of 600, lots of resistances, 2 immunities.

I think base 450-500 stats with 4 immunities and 1 weakness is fair.

As for moves, I think we need a steel-type slash. Shadow Claw might work, too, depending on how creepy it looks?
  20. shockwave527

shockwave527

They're not clouds, they're bubbles. And I'm betting they will play a big part, probably making a beard of some sort.

I honestlyt hink Fennekin's way overhyped. He's cute, but he seems very... plain. The ear hair's not helping. Honeslty, while chespin is my second fav starter ever (topped by torchic) and froakie comes out around number 13~14 (with first being 18, not 1. Did my chart weird.), fennekin falls to about fourth from last, topping turtwig and chimchar (yes, I didn't like chimchar), but not much else.
  21. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

The main reason I don't see new types coming is not because it would be silly. No, freak'n flying type is silly. Wind? NO. Air? NO. Flying? YEAH MY POKEMON SHOOT FLYING. Bug? Really? Let's be serious, if you are going to call wood/nature grass, then insects are grass types. Why make the distinction? All right then, I think it's time to change hlaf the Normal types to mammal type. And what IS fighting even? Don't all pokemon fight? Is fighting a THING? Can you get me some of that in a bottle? FIGHTING IN A CAN. KEEP BULLIES AT BAY. No, light and even sound/sonics are really not even slightly ridiculous considering everything that is all ready in Pokemon.

The main reason I don't see it happening is that they've had sooooo many chances and still just haven't done it yet. What makes now better than any previous generation? If anything, black and white would have been the generation to introduce a counterpart for dark. In fact, for a time I was convinced that Reshiram was definitely going to be light type, and Zekrom dark.
  22. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

You're a terrible person for not liking Turtwig. D: Who couldn't love that vacant stare.

I like Chespin, but he's not one of my favorites, Turtwig and Oshawott are. I think Fennekin appeals to a group of people looking for a starter that isn't adorable based on derpiness, rather based on it actually being cute.
  23. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

I agree. Disproportionate animals with stuff coming out of its ears isn't cute to me.

Big Head and Microscopic neck. Meh.

The only cute starters imo are Squirtle, Piplup, Cyndaquil, Chimchar, Chikorita, and Snivy ( Female snivy in anime is too adorable)
  24. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Jesus Christ, what a prick you are. If you can't be at least cordial in your posts, just shut the fuck up and let people say what they want.

But Aerial Ace does have "darkness" in its animation! Unfortunately, I have no evidence of this (my DS isn't with me) but, while the slash animation is different (it's a... blue cut? I'm not sure) the screen goes dark and such. And I'm positive Night Slash didn't make the screen dark... well, guess I'll check it on Youtube.

EDIT-- oh nevermind, rh2012 cleared it for me already.

And Birdkal is the nicest mod.
  25. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

So... while we don't have any solid confirmation of anything that wasn't plainly shown in the vid, we do know quite a bit about the console X and Y will be on. Instead of speculating about "what if"s that don't have much (read "a n y") basis, why not speculate about something that we actually do have a basis for?

Iwata made sure to stress that these new entries would use the 3DS's features to their full extent. What new ways could X and Y easily and realistically use the 3DS's unique features? What can the 3DS do for pokemon that the DS series couldn't?

Stereoscopic 3D is a given (hurrrrrrrr). And I'm SEEEEERRRRRIOUSLY looking forward to that. But what other, possibly less obvious ways could the Pokemon team make use of the 3DS for this new evolution of the Pokemon franchise?

I think it would be fun to have a special box, much like the battle box, in which you could put one, or many, pokemon that you want to trade with strangers using Street Pass. No worries about needing this exact type/level/nature/species of pokemon for that exact type/level/nature/species of pokemon. Just Street Pass and swap. It would be neat to toss out a bunch of RNGs and see what other people are willing to trade away. It also seems like something simple, from a technical standpoint, for them to set up, and would be in line with their goal of interconnectivity and sharing and playing with friends and strangers.

Any other ideas?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)