1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flareon

Flareon

Cool, Claire has a shiny Druddigon.

I saw Jirachi in there, will he have any significance?
    Mewtwo made an appearance too, but that's probably a given.

What of all of the old characters (Misty, Max, May, and several others who were supposedly "done with" made appearances)?
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

There's an episode based on the festival Jirachi is based on. It's why it shows up with all the ghosts
    I'm surprised it wasn't in its new forme. Maybe once the movie airs.
    Openings & Endings always like to bring in cameos of older characters & Pokemon. In this case the theme of the ending was that you're always connected to your friends, so they brought in a lot of Ash's friends & rivals and such.
    (Everyone notices Primeape, but I smiled at how they remembered Jessie's Lickitung)
  3. Shiruba

Shiruba

i personally like achievements. don't get me wrong, pokemon is definitely very fun for me, but i like being prompted to not only try things i wouldn't normally do, but be rewarded for them. it also adds a little something special, and something to brag about to your friends, in addition to your subway win streaks, number of dex entries, strongest pokemon, number of legends...

plus i am totally a completionist lol

i'd like to see the unique features of the 3ds realised more fully. you know those playcoins (i believe that's what they're called in english - my ds is set to french) that you get from walking around? what if those could have some sort of purchasing power in-game, too? or, better yet, if you close it, it behaves like a pokewalker, and you can get watts to trade in for items/maybe even pokemon somewhere. the exp thing shouldn't happen because some people might not want their poke to level up without their consent for a variety of reasons (little cup, move-learning, etc)

still, it'd be a nifty little feature, and good to get people moving. i love my pokewalker, and still use it to this day.
  4. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Id' be very happy to get back the pokewalker's function. I'd also like if real steps counted for hatching eggs.
    I could see playcoins being used for contests/whatever the extra thing is, or for certain TMs. (maybe even gamecorner money?)
    And speaking of 3Ds functionality, how about some DLC? I don't care if the game ends up costing $70 in the end. If it's good DLC, I'll buy all of it.
  5. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

I really want to see some good (non-grindy) pokemon achievements next gen!
  6. Sgt.Moose

Sgt.Moose

There is Dunsparce in grass when we see bunch of butterfrees and Combees (and bit less Metapods and Caterpies). Evo confirmed :D
  7. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I hope not. Dunsparce is glorious as is
  8. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

So they showed Primeape but not butterfree I guess that confirms he really did die
  9. R_N

R_N

in retrospect I should have left the post saying "Hey we have an anime thread" before moving it.

but
    well
    we have an anime thread
    I left the original ones posting the ending and talking about that since they're at least kind of related to here, but otherwise...
  10. Farrac

Farrac

Sylveon is on a Luxury Ball. Bond mechanic anyone? (ok, this is getting a bit Farfetch'd)
  11. Shiruba

Shiruba

my question is - is bond the same thing as friendship? we seem to think so, but they could be completely different. maybe it's a measure of overall time, or battles done together?
  12. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Bond may replace traditional happiness, or perhaps it's bonds between Pokemon rather than with you.
  13. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

"raise one of every Pokemon to Level 100"
  14. PME

PME

:O gaiz... at the end of Mewtwo returns, Mewtwo gets thrown into this "miracle" water to get healed. What if it's this exact water that gave Mewtwo the ability to change forms. There are "young" Rhyhorns and Nidoqueens to favor the whole "it's a younger Mewtwo form" thing. And Mewtwo releases a blue burst of power that is very familiar to the form change's burst of power afterwards.
  15. dcae

dcae naughty list

We are generally assuming it is the same, though personally I don't think it will be. I see it being a new factor, because otherwise they would've branded it Friendship and played it out as a new variance of friendship, instead of calling it a new name.
  16. Zowayix

Zowayix

Nope, there is absolutely no indication in the original episode that Butterfree die after mating. That was a mistranslation/misinterpretation/rumor all along.
    I used to have a webpage link that pointed out the exact dialogue said in both the Japanese and English episodes, but I can't find it anymore... :(
  17. R_N

R_N

People

Anime thread
  18. Yveltal

Yveltal

There are a lot of really beautiful butterflies out there that Game Freak could make another Bug/Flying out of with little to no complaints.

Or the first Bug/Fairy.
  19. Lelouch6

Lelouch6

I think Masqueraid will be a bug fairy it really doesn't seem like a flying type and hardly anyone will notice it's gone from being a bug flying when they still have scyther and butterfree still in nu
  20. Exbo

Exbo

I could see a Grass/Fairy like Lilligant (split evo?)
  21. Yveltal

Yveltal

With a new evolutionary stone :D
  22. Shiruba

Shiruba

i thought about butterfree being bug/faerie myself. it'd make less sense to the english peeps if they changed it to light in the translation, but eh. no more x4 rock weakness, hopefully. she might actually be a decent uu mon or something for that if fairy ends up being a good type. maybe.
  23. dcae

dcae naughty list

Fairy stone!

But is this really legit?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
  24. Flareon

Flareon

Masquerain really should've been Bug/Water though.
  25. Yveltal

Yveltal

I don't mean to jump the gun, or anything, but I really like the idea of a Fairy Stone. To create an evolution that's part Fairy type, it makes me think of characters who come into contact with strong magic and start using it for their own purposes. Kinda like in Howls Moving Castle, when Howl as a little boy meets Calcifer when he was a star-baby.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)