1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

Oh well, next topic...
    So Sylveon makes a cameo in the new anime ending
    [youtube]Eau3w4mzuxg[/youtube]

They're always closing things up in the anime by bringing up old characters while also hinting at progression into the next generation. What relevance is Claire going to hold, and could it involve Sylveon? Totally grasping at straws for type confirmation, btw.
  2. shockwave527

shockwave527

New topic:
    We had achievements in B2W2. Do you guys think there will be acheivements in XY? Any new things added? Same or different rewards? And do you think they'll handle it the same way? Will that creepy guy be back again? Will it be handled better?

Idea: For some big things, instead of medals, what if you got little 3D "trophy" things similar to SSB? They could do some really cool things with that, even not related to achievements. Cool stills of a pokemon doing a move or evolving into something new or attacking something else or even just snorelax sleeping.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess we have two new topics. I've been waiting for it to allow me to post this, but I'll have to take a look at that too.
    EDIT II: What time is Sylveon at on the video?
    EDIT III: Nevermind, found him.
  3. Dr. Alex

Dr. Alex

I would like that idea. Unlock-able little trinkets that can be viewed in 3D would be pretty neat. Perhaps you could also unlock certain customizable gear for the player. Achievement-based rewards that actually effected the gameplay would be pretty neat IMO.
  4. shockwave527

shockwave527

I was thinking about how, in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon if you collect all the crystals in a mansion you get an interesting figurine like that, and they could be really cool with that in pokemon. Or in DKCR, where they do a similar thing with rewards. It's not the best reward, but it's better than medals and I'm sure pokemon could pull it off really well with some interesting concepts.
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

I think that reaching enough in-game goals would unlock a specialty shop for secret base decorations, based on the number of goals met. and a secret base to put them all in. And the sensibility from game freak to reintroduce secret bases.
  6. cantab

cantab

I dislike achievements. The game should be fun to play, the player shouldn't have to be rewarded like a button-pushing monkey.
  7. ~Eon~

~Eon~

In platinum they had the wifi plaza where you could interact with people in real time. It would be cool if they incorporated a training ground area with grass where people can hang out, catch Pokemon or battle. And if you release pokemon there, other people can run into them. I know it'll never happen but it at least if would put the effort values on legendaries to use. No ones going to kill a lugia for 3 sp.def EV's....
  8. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Seconded. Most achievements are raising numbers. Achievements done well should inspire players to try new things, but most are just: "Do x y times." or "Complete X objective on the regular progression."

I'd like some more dynamic NPCs, even if it meant fewer characters overall. For example, Majora's mask had a few extremely fleshed out characters in the main town, each with a full routine for the 3 days of the game. It would be interesting if some NPCs acted differently depending on how the game is progressing.

For example, let's make Henry. Henry lives in the top right house in colorflowertown. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday you can find him at work. If you talk to him a lot he may give you discounts on items. When he's at home he may be up for a battle. On Saturdays you find him at the grocery store. Henry is a generous guy and may give you a little something on Christmas day. He also doesn't like fall, and is grumpy all throughout.
    Dynamic NPC.
  9. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Claire is there because she shows up in one of the episodes (possibly multiple ones).
    It's the same reason half that stuff in the opening happens:they are all events that will happen in the episodes.

I'm pretty sure we know most every single dakora episode and spoiler: so far as we can tell none involve Slyveon.
  10. Yveltal

Yveltal

Nope. there are still five or six episodes that happen in July and August that haven't been revealed yet. Whether they are two or three-parters for any particular plot has yet to be determined.

In the words of TomSka, "I can dream, Harold"
  11. Dr. Alex

Dr. Alex

While you are right about a player not needing rewards for pushing buttons, I still think achievements would be a nice addition to the XY gameplay.

An achievement shouldn't need to be based on "button-pushing," but rather on a skill or merit basis. If I were to spend the time on catching them all for example, I would hope that I could be rewarded on a better level than having an extra star on my trainers card. I can see where you are coming from, in regards to a kid just going through the motions to obtain every medal etc just by pushing buttons, but an achievement that requires reason and skill to obtain, that would give the player some sort of satisfaction from achieving would be a nice addition to the games should not be discredited.
  12. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I like achievements, and don't see any reason for them not to be included as long as there's nothing mandatory about them for those that don't care for them.
  13. Flareon

Flareon

Cool, Claire has a shiny Druddigon.

I saw Jirachi in there, will he have any significance?
    Mewtwo made an appearance too, but that's probably a given.

What of all of the old characters (Misty, Max, May, and several others who were supposedly "done with" made appearances)?
  14. R_N

R_N

There's an episode based on the festival Jirachi is based on. It's why it shows up with all the ghosts
    I'm surprised it wasn't in its new forme. Maybe once the movie airs.
    Openings & Endings always like to bring in cameos of older characters & Pokemon. In this case the theme of the ending was that you're always connected to your friends, so they brought in a lot of Ash's friends & rivals and such.
    (Everyone notices Primeape, but I smiled at how they remembered Jessie's Lickitung)
  15. Shiruba

Shiruba

i personally like achievements. don't get me wrong, pokemon is definitely very fun for me, but i like being prompted to not only try things i wouldn't normally do, but be rewarded for them. it also adds a little something special, and something to brag about to your friends, in addition to your subway win streaks, number of dex entries, strongest pokemon, number of legends...

plus i am totally a completionist lol

i'd like to see the unique features of the 3ds realised more fully. you know those playcoins (i believe that's what they're called in english - my ds is set to french) that you get from walking around? what if those could have some sort of purchasing power in-game, too? or, better yet, if you close it, it behaves like a pokewalker, and you can get watts to trade in for items/maybe even pokemon somewhere. the exp thing shouldn't happen because some people might not want their poke to level up without their consent for a variety of reasons (little cup, move-learning, etc)

still, it'd be a nifty little feature, and good to get people moving. i love my pokewalker, and still use it to this day.
  16. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Id' be very happy to get back the pokewalker's function. I'd also like if real steps counted for hatching eggs.
    I could see playcoins being used for contests/whatever the extra thing is, or for certain TMs. (maybe even gamecorner money?)
    And speaking of 3Ds functionality, how about some DLC? I don't care if the game ends up costing $70 in the end. If it's good DLC, I'll buy all of it.
  17. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

I really want to see some good (non-grindy) pokemon achievements next gen!
  18. Sgt.Moose

Sgt.Moose

There is Dunsparce in grass when we see bunch of butterfrees and Combees (and bit less Metapods and Caterpies). Evo confirmed :D
  19. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I hope not. Dunsparce is glorious as is
  20. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

So they showed Primeape but not butterfree I guess that confirms he really did die
  21. R_N

R_N

in retrospect I should have left the post saying "Hey we have an anime thread" before moving it.

but
    well
    we have an anime thread
    I left the original ones posting the ending and talking about that since they're at least kind of related to here, but otherwise...
  22. Farrac

Farrac

Sylveon is on a Luxury Ball. Bond mechanic anyone? (ok, this is getting a bit Farfetch'd)
  23. Shiruba

Shiruba

my question is - is bond the same thing as friendship? we seem to think so, but they could be completely different. maybe it's a measure of overall time, or battles done together?
  24. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Bond may replace traditional happiness, or perhaps it's bonds between Pokemon rather than with you.
  25. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

"raise one of every Pokemon to Level 100"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)