1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

My bad. I remembered wrong. But they revealed the Zoruas' Abilities and the player characters, too. That we knew new Abilities is important.

Edit: Also, the huge CoroCoro issue should be in May or June according to the dates you posted for the first and second waves of Pokemon. If we don't catch wind of new Pokemon, I will be a bit disappointed. I want to know new moves and Abilities!
  2. Farrac

Farrac

I can't read the interview, Facebook won't let me, but seems legit. According to pepiux, he has not said anything new in the interview, he had already tweeted all of that.
  3. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

Maybe the two predictions are both true. The evil team may be a cabal of genetic scientists and some evil mastermind who wants to create Pokeclones to rule the world?

Farfetch'd, but it's something to consider.
  4. Yveltal

Yveltal

If this winds up as true, would the final battle against the mastermind be against a team of tournament-worthy Pokemon with perfect EVs and IVs? If he cloned them, maybe he would have been able to regulate their nature and other contributing factors.
  5. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

Or worse: he obtained DNA from legendaries and cloned them. Mysterial 2.0 or something like that.
  6. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Gen 5 had 4 event legends
    Gen 4 also had 4 event legends

I suspect 4 will be the new standard
  7. dcae

dcae naughty list

Evil mastermind.

Pokeclones.

Mewtwo in the first movie!

Inb4 EClair forme is Mewtwo having cloned himself and Mewtwo is evil again and is behind everything genetic.
  8. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

This is too ridiculous a move even for Game Freak. We had Cynthia with her IV'd Pokemon, but EVs, natures, and other stuff too?

Also, if this happens, the villain may have legends. It has had precedent (N and Ghetsis), so it can happen. We will have something to gripe about more than Cynthia's Garchomp!

Edit:

We need a Pokemon for an "evil" team mastermind/Champion/Gym Leader. We had the Future Being Ledian from Pokestar Studios (I liked the name Pokewood much better). I really think Mewtwo (or any other Pokemon) would fit as a leader of a team that is trying to do good, but ends up accidentally doing bad. Like Team Magma/Team Aqua.
  9. R_N

R_N

Joey doesn't have perfect IVs, by the way. That was just a rumor
  10. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing it up. Still, the evil team mastermind might as well have IV'd, EV'd, and tournament ready Pokemon. After all, simple cheating is not outside the scope of evil's standards. It could happen in the future.
  11. Yveltal

Yveltal

For Gen V, are you counting Landorus, or something? I'm talking only about the Pokemon you get through a wifi download.
    oh no wait, wait. Victini. right.
  12. Shiruba

Shiruba

victini, meloetta, genesect, and keldeo. that's four.
  13. kaps

kaps

I feel that we should take the fact that the last two generations have had four event legendaries with a grain of salt. I mean, after all, we're theoretically getting a new type despite the last four generations having 17; Gamefreak will make as many as they think it will take to keep the games relevant months after it's release.
  14. R_N

R_N

right, so probably four
    1 a year for every movie, keeps the games relevant on a larger scale, fills time between generations.
    If they decide to have a shorter gen they can just do what they did with Meloetta and relegate it to a short/anime/etc
  15. Shiruba

Shiruba

to me, the "four dlc 'mon" thing doesn't seem like a big deal. it's not that deeply ingrained of a tradition, and a lot of people don't even notice - i don't think there'll be much of a problem breaking that one if they want to.
  16. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

Funny. AR/Gameshark hackmons have been the norm for competitive pokemon for decades. Basically you are forced to buy a third party hacking device or wait until someone decodes the rng and then spend hours RNGing.

With XY being on the 3ds you are going to see Breeders/Breeding become ever more valuable as we will not learn to RNG and can not expect a 3rd party hacking device in a timely manner.
  17. Dangerdoom

Dangerdoom

Random thought but I'm starting to think Mew itself may be getting an upgrade. It would be odd to give it the shaft seeing how it's the original and all. If this so called fairy type is real I can see her getting a fairy form.
  18. Shiruba

Shiruba

that might actually be pretty sweet. i wonder if they'd make it cuter (going with fairy), or to be a bit interesting, make it look more badass.

also, do you guys think there'll be an anime short or two to add to the hype of x/y?
  19. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Wait... fairy form?
    [​IMG]
    Oh nooo.... somebody might have gotten a fairy form... but not the right one...
  20. dcae

dcae naughty list

Ugh I really don't want them to make this gen based all on formes because of Fairy type.

Knowing Trollfreak, they will fall all over formes.
  21. reaverz

reaverz

This four-event-legends setup is less for the fans and more for GameFreak themselves, if you really think about it. It gives them the ability to introduce a "new" Pokemon every year to generate ongoing interest, and perhaps more importantly it gives them a new Pokemon to focus on for each year's movie.

Four is essentially GameFreak's best estimate of how long each generation will last in years. It's likely that Meloetta was originally going to receive its own movie but had to be relegated to an anime role and movie short once they realized they couldn't delay XY's release past 2013. I know I'm not the only one that noticed GameFreak rushing out the event Pokemon last year...
  22. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Gen 4 had 5 event legends counting Phione. Just throwing that out there.
  23. Shiruba

Shiruba

did you get phione from an event? isn't it just bred from an event pokemon? i don't think that counts.
  24. R_N

R_N

I wasn't sure if Phione should have counted or not. I mean you got it through Manaphy, rather than an actual event. It never even got a movie appearence.
    In fact I don't think it was ever given away. The only mention I can remember was when they released a Manaphy towards the end of gen 4 and said "Hey you can breed it for Phione!"
    And then its status as a legendary kept flip flopping and it's a mess is what I'm saying.

e: "It's a mess is what I'm saying" - Slogan of GameFreak
  25. kaps

kaps

That logic makes more sense. I guess we'll use the number of event legendaries this time to get an estimate for how long until generation 7. I'm already counting down the days!

(okay not really, I'd want ruby/sapphire remakes first)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)