1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

To make another note about the sub-plots revolving around legendaries, Game Freak has gotten fairly smart about obtaining some of them in BW2. The post-game episodic legendaries in BW2 were all very clever, save for hunting down the Regis (which is always a pain for no good reason). Most of them were cleverly set up to become a part of the post game once you, as a player, are glad that the bridges no longer have technical issues and the fatass convention in the gate north of the White Forest/Black City has packed itself up, and are eager to go look at everything the game kept away from you. Suddenly, Pokemon that were traditionally roamers are hitting up Unova one at a time, which would make a very exciting series of captures for kids who started with Gen V, and they each (with the exception of the regis, again for no good reason) come with some buildup, either through a legend that an NPC tells you about or actually bumping into it before it runs off, that makes you want to find them prior to battling them.

I always thought the pixies had a correlation to the chinese natural elements of Fire(Victini), Water(Manaphy), Metal(Jirachi), Wood(Celebi), and Earth as the central element(Mew, as the origin from which other species of Pokemon evolved from). If/when they make the next pixie, I think it would either suprecede Mew as the embodiment of Earth, or they'd find some new way to tie them together thematically.
  2. kazzafan

kazzafan

Considering the graphical improvement in the game what will be its size ? More than 2 gb ??
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Most of the ones that use 2 or more are heavy on the Voice acting, which leads to larger filesizes. You'd be surprised how much you can squeeze out of just a gig, and I wouldn't be surprised if XY come in under it
  4. dcae

dcae naughty list

Now since they can make it online download, data for event pokes won't need to be in the cartridges, so we will not know event mons this gen.
  5. king chespin

king chespin

That would be how keldeo, genesect and meloetta would be if not for hackers,so unless you want gamefreak to send you an incomplete game, your just going to have to avoid those.
  6. Infernis

Infernis

Unless the new ones are added via a patch to the game itself. The 3DS has quite the internet capabilities.
  7. Shiruba

Shiruba

the question is, how would that affect trading? would the patch just be added to the other game somehow? would trading be impossible?
  8. dcae

dcae naughty list

Pretty sure you would have to download the patch or the poke wouldn't be recognized.
  9. Shiruba

Shiruba

exactly, and that's the inherent problem. if someone missed the event, they could never have that poke - ever.
  10. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Air (flying)? It doesn't fit in to the traditional 5 elements but it was still a thing in ancient Chinese elements.
  11. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

That's not true at all. For the past several years title updates have been automatically enforced on many console games to keep everything compatible with DLCs and expansions and what have you.

Now that the 3DS has that internet capability we should be facing the same situation here in the future. When new content comes out in the form of an event pokemon or what have you, everyones game would be prompted to update when they connect to wifi, whether you missed the event or not, to update your game to the most recent build. If you missed the event, this would simply store the pokemons data away as well as its pokedex data, etc, making it possible for you to obtain in the future if desired via trade.

This technology already exists and the 3DS is capable of it entirely. GameFreak can do some really great stuff if they fully take advantage of everything the 3DS has to offer now.
  12. Shiruba

Shiruba

that's implying every 3ds will connect to the internet. mine does not. thank god that nintendo is not microsoft, otherwise it'd be #dealwithit
  13. shockwave527

shockwave527

I never noticed that! Maybe ground/psychic? Not my favorite typing, but this makes that sound kind of possible.

It does that when you connect to the internet, however: you don't need to do that to trade. Local wifi is entirely separate from having internet connection. So say this "Eclair Mewtwo" was a patch event pokemon as you say, and I obtained it but my friend hadn't connected to the internet in weeks, what - would it make it so my game wasn't recognized by him and we couldn't trade? That doesn't make sense at all.
  14. Infernis

Infernis

It could possibly transfer the patch via local connection. It'd require some finagling on Nintendo's part, but it's by no means impossible. The games update one another in order to make sure that everyone who ever has contact with anyone with an event Pokemon is capable of trading for it? That would be a pretty reasonable plan.
  15. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

Except we delve into the game code and find it beforehand.

(If the 3DS's encryption isn't cracked soon, the above statement is false.)

Either way, if we get a sneak preview of a new Pokemon in the anime, like Munchlax, Donphan, or Kecleon, I would love to see how people scramble and try to explain it.
  16. PME

PME

Save Dongle in conjunction with Pokegen is a great option actually since the Dongle can grab most, if not all, save data from DS and 3DS cartridges. I personally have 1 since everyone knew GF was gonna move the main series to the newest handheld at some point, so I considered it a better option than buying an AR at the time. Perhaps the hackers can get an idea on how to get past the encryption on the cards via the save file?
    If they are even IN the code, which GF can choose to leave out and save it for DLC's if they so desire.
    Don't you mean try to figure out if it's a fairy type? :)
  17. btdamron

btdamron

Ooh! I would love to see an electric/psycic type pixie!!! However, as mentioned before, ground is what fills the next slot so i think that our zappa-pixie will have to wait. What i do NOT want to see is a psycic/fairy! I still think that a ground/psycic would pretty cool! Ghost and dark both have pokes with the ground type (Krookodile and Golurk).
  18. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

^Baltoy and Claydol are there for you.
  19. shockwave527

shockwave527

Come to think of it, ground, like flying, has been paired with all but one type (not including normal): Fighting. I'd kind of like to see us get a ground/fighting this gen. Makuhita and Hariyama would have been great fits (sand bag sumo wrestlers?), but I think they could still do something cool for it.
  20. Yveltal

Yveltal

Some guy successfully hacked his way into a 3DS a couple of months ago. I figured the same thing; any downloadable content might be data already on the card that's just inaccessible without getting unlocked through an "update". If that's the case, then someone could break into the data with limited access and expose any hidden legendaries.
    But, you could always stay away from the internet as much as possible following the release.
  21. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

Ground/Normal one ? Didn't see it. Only Water (Water/Fire) and Flying (Flying/Fighting) are the only types who has been paires with all but one type. If you exclude Normal, then you can add Ground :)
  22. shockwave527

shockwave527

See the above post, Antihaxxer.
  23. Basileus

Basileus

(Water/fire type with ability thick fat for the lols.)

I would actually like to see some contradicting types be paired together. It would be so cool to have a dark/psychic or a ghost/normal Pokemon. Fire/Ice would be interesting to see. I hope this happens, we need more interesting type combos.
  24. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yeah, we've had ground flying and electric ground before. Just think:
    Fire/Ice
    Fire/Water
    Fire/Grass
    Steel/Poison (not as opposite, obvious trashcanmon, but they're opposite in the game)
  25. b2j135

b2j135

Branch evolution to Trubbish?
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]Meet Garvile
    “Garvile” (garbage + vile)
    Garvile releases a toxic gas from the vents on the side of its body so horrible it can cause Toxic poisoning just by inhaling it. The appendages on its tail secrete an equally deadly poison. Garvile’s metal body is hollow on the inside, but it is still incredibly tough. While it can only see directly in front of itself while in its shell, it can extend its parabolic eyes through its body vents for a perfect 360-degree view of its surroundings.
    Garvile’s ability would be something called “Foul Smog”. The battlefield becomes covered with an awful toxic cloud that has a 30% chance of either poisoning or toxic poisoning non Poison- and Steel-types each turn. Part Poison-types or Pokémon with the ability Poison Heal regain health each turn under the effects of this ability.
    Garvile would also have a signature attack called “Acid Erosion”. It is an acid so strong that not even Steel-types can resist it. Steel-types will lose their immunity to Poison attacks, and the attacks Acid and Acid Spray deal double damage on a Pokémon previously struck by Acid Erosion.
    (So this is what I came up with when trying to follow your request to have a more doglike look. Hope you like it :) )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)