Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangerdoom

Dangerdoom

I wish for once that everything on game is just available for the game. I hated not being able to just go and catch Arceus. I don't mind DLC but I hate it when it's just to "access" something that's there in the first place.
  2. Count Bleck

Count Bleck

So, In other words, everyone should be able to capture God soon after they beat the game, as well as having pokemon you normally won't have to hold you off for 4 years with nothing to look forward to.

Seems Legit.
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

That goes against the entire point of the event Pokemon.
  4. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Tiering Contributor

I think he's saying how tedious and mundane the whole event pokemon thing is, it's not a matter of understanding the concept from what I can see.
  5. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

I think there's some middle ground between the current system and "after they beat the game". Come on, it is pretty lame that it goes:
    -Beat game
    -Years go by and you no longer give a shit about what Pokemon you have
    -Cool Pokemon comes out, and it's either so easy to get that everyone now has one (making it much less cool), or you would have to go to some specific location that nobody wants to bother going to.

I think Pokemon like Arceus should just have a cool post-game side story that's very time consuming and/or challenging (like getting the shinies in BW2). Stuff that comes out later via wifi should be aspects of the game (like special new shops or something), not Pokemon.
  6. Flareon

Flareon

Arceus is an interesting case though, considering the Azure Flute was never distributed. I think if they go to the trouble to make a new area for the Pokemon, they should at least distribute it.

As for getting bored, we just need a decent post-game. Like Emerald's battle frontier, combined with Platinum's.
  7. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I'm fine with infinite DLCs it as long as they're all free, even if they are already in the game.

(status: still waiting for Azure Flute)
  8. Yveltal

Yveltal

I thoroughly enjoyed going out to catch Darkrai, Shaymin and Victini, because they all came with a condensed sub-plot and a splash of lore. I'd hope for more event legendaries that come with their own in-game episode, since picking them up from the Pokemon center feels unrewarding, and mostly become a dex entry instead of a fighting companion.
  9. Shiruba

Shiruba

^^^^^^
    that was the most disappointing part, imo. heck, even battling it would be a better alternative. it'd be like victini, and respawn if you defeat it, so if you mess up you didn't waste your event.
  10. Dangerdoom

Dangerdoom

Thank you someone here gets me. I never said I'm against event Pokemon I just want them to be something totally unobtainable in the game even by hacking. Remember when Blaziken was introduced in the anime and nobody in the show knew what it was? That should be the feel we get when they introduce an event Pokemon.
  11. Glurak93

Glurak93

So we had psychic, psychic/grass, psychic/steel, manaphy and shaymin (both don't fit), and psychic/fire as our pixies. What's your guess about the next one? I'd like to see electric/psychic this time.
  12. Flareon

Flareon

I totally agree with this.
  13. Yveltal

Yveltal

To make another note about the sub-plots revolving around legendaries, Game Freak has gotten fairly smart about obtaining some of them in BW2. The post-game episodic legendaries in BW2 were all very clever, save for hunting down the Regis (which is always a pain for no good reason). Most of them were cleverly set up to become a part of the post game once you, as a player, are glad that the bridges no longer have technical issues and the fatass convention in the gate north of the White Forest/Black City has packed itself up, and are eager to go look at everything the game kept away from you. Suddenly, Pokemon that were traditionally roamers are hitting up Unova one at a time, which would make a very exciting series of captures for kids who started with Gen V, and they each (with the exception of the regis, again for no good reason) come with some buildup, either through a legend that an NPC tells you about or actually bumping into it before it runs off, that makes you want to find them prior to battling them.

I always thought the pixies had a correlation to the chinese natural elements of Fire(Victini), Water(Manaphy), Metal(Jirachi), Wood(Celebi), and Earth as the central element(Mew, as the origin from which other species of Pokemon evolved from). If/when they make the next pixie, I think it would either suprecede Mew as the embodiment of Earth, or they'd find some new way to tie them together thematically.
  14. kazzafan

kazzafan

Considering the graphical improvement in the game what will be its size ? More than 2 gb ??
  15. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Most of the ones that use 2 or more are heavy on the Voice acting, which leads to larger filesizes. You'd be surprised how much you can squeeze out of just a gig, and I wouldn't be surprised if XY come in under it
  16. dcae

dcae naughty list

Now since they can make it online download, data for event pokes won't need to be in the cartridges, so we will not know event mons this gen.
  17. king chespin

king chespin

That would be how keldeo, genesect and meloetta would be if not for hackers,so unless you want gamefreak to send you an incomplete game, your just going to have to avoid those.
  18. Infernis

Infernis

Unless the new ones are added via a patch to the game itself. The 3DS has quite the internet capabilities.
  19. Shiruba

Shiruba

the question is, how would that affect trading? would the patch just be added to the other game somehow? would trading be impossible?
  20. dcae

dcae naughty list

Pretty sure you would have to download the patch or the poke wouldn't be recognized.
  21. Shiruba

Shiruba

exactly, and that's the inherent problem. if someone missed the event, they could never have that poke - ever.
  22. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Air (flying)? It doesn't fit in to the traditional 5 elements but it was still a thing in ancient Chinese elements.
  23. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

That's not true at all. For the past several years title updates have been automatically enforced on many console games to keep everything compatible with DLCs and expansions and what have you.

Now that the 3DS has that internet capability we should be facing the same situation here in the future. When new content comes out in the form of an event pokemon or what have you, everyones game would be prompted to update when they connect to wifi, whether you missed the event or not, to update your game to the most recent build. If you missed the event, this would simply store the pokemons data away as well as its pokedex data, etc, making it possible for you to obtain in the future if desired via trade.

This technology already exists and the 3DS is capable of it entirely. GameFreak can do some really great stuff if they fully take advantage of everything the 3DS has to offer now.
  24. Shiruba

Shiruba

that's implying every 3ds will connect to the internet. mine does not. thank god that nintendo is not microsoft, otherwise it'd be #dealwithit
  25. shockwave527

shockwave527

I never noticed that! Maybe ground/psychic? Not my favorite typing, but this makes that sound kind of possible.

It does that when you connect to the internet, however: you don't need to do that to trade. Local wifi is entirely separate from having internet connection. So say this "Eclair Mewtwo" was a patch event pokemon as you say, and I obtained it but my friend hadn't connected to the internet in weeks, what - would it make it so my game wasn't recognized by him and we couldn't trade? That doesn't make sense at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)