1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Many multiplayer games with streetpass save a copy of the character for whatever thing the game does.
    eg: Animal Crossing save the person's house, Mario Kart lets you race against their current cart, Mario Tennis saves your Mii's set up and allows you to have a sudden death match and play ring shot.
    I could easily see XY saving the trainer's team and allow you to battle an AI version in a building or whatever. Sort of like the IR Battle House in GSC or Mixing Records in RSE but passive.

I'd also like to see implementation of some sort of Pokewalker-like thing. Either an in-game thing or a separate app. The 3DS has a pedometer, please use it even though no one else does!
  2. labarith

labarith

Speculation for BST600 pokemon.

Personally, I'm of the school of thought there should be 2 BST600 3 evolution pokemon per generation. At this point, I think it'd be interesting if they did 2 w/ at least one bad type, so here's what I'm thinking:

Ice/Bug with redonkulous stats, something like 110/120/100/60/100/110 and maybe "Icefire" ability; all Fire attacks are ice attacks while it's in play???

Poison/Flying, maybe 80/100/100/100/100/120 with Contrary?

Edit: Actually, maybe we need a Contrary-fail pokemon, perhaps with obscene stats and all "Flame Charge"-like moves...

Poison/Fire Contrary 80/130/60/130/60/110; chalk up with Flame Charge, Poison Charge (60physical damage, +1 to special attack), Mind Up (60 special damage, +1 to attack), so forth and so on.
  3. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

1.Street pass for walking your pokemon like in HG/SS.
    2.Street pass for getting stranger's teams to battle against later?
    3.Spot pass for more wifi events.
    4.Nintendo seems to be getting pretty DLC friendly now. Mario, then Fire Emblem... Pokemon ought to be next.
    5. If the game is downloadable then it means you could have it on your handheld at ALL times.
    6. Steps for hatching eggs?
    7. Using play coins to buy stuff?
  4. R_N

R_N

re: paid DLC for Pokemon would be interesting because it wouldn't just be additional Pokemon

if they decide to go with paid dlc (and not just the normal "dlc" they've been doing for years) maybe they could give us Battle Frontier for like $3
  5. Guppin

Guppin

I loved the Pokewalker! It was so much fun unlocking new routes, catching Pokemon, finding items, and bonding with your Pokemon in a new way. It would be nice if they added it again to Pokemon X and Y, but I don't think it would be hooked up to the pedometer on the 3DS mainly because the 3DS is harder to carry around while you walk then the Pokewalker was. Thanks for bringing back the nice memories!
    But for something I would like in the game, I hope that they add a random matchup for 6 on 6 instead of the 3 on 3. I never really liked the restrictions of only being able to use 3 out of your 6.
  6. Mocha

Mocha

As hyped as I am about 6th gen, I'm really hoping they will release another 'Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution along with the game, hopefully for the Wii/Wii-U with the updated Pokemon generations and some kickass graphics. It's been so long since we had one of those. :/
  7. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Well, the fact is, Ghost/Steel is infinitely better defensively than Psychic/Steel. Psychic removes the fighting weakness of Steel and doubles the Psychic resist, but also eliminates 3 of its resistances. Ghost on the other hand makes it immune to Fighting (one of the best attacking types there is), immune to Normal (which Steel already resist, but immunities are always huge), and doubles the resistance Bug, in exchange for only losing 2 of steels resistances (which I might add are two of the three that Psychic also makes Steel lose). While I know the calcs on type defence are pretty old now, statistically, Ghost/Steel is the best defensive type there is.

Additionally, while you can't assume too much about a movepool just going by type, as a ghost there is a very good chance it would have access to Will-O-Wisp, which is a huge bost to any wall. In fact, going back to Kitsunoh, I think its most dangerous asset is this that it can threaten with burn. The typing itself can cause a ton of switches, and if you can threaten with burn, few pokemon will want to come in on it. Those calcs are definitely nice, but the Pokemon will have to get in first. And while the special attackers might not mind too much the threat of burn, 3 of the examples you provided are weak to ghost, meaning they will be just as scared to switch in.

Now I'm not saying that stat spread would be broken or anything (as it is impossible to tell with just stats and type), or that Kitsunoh is broken because of it the type. In fact, I think Kit is the perfect example of somthing very powerful, but not broken, any more powerful than it needs to be to do what it does. I'm just warning people not to underestimate the defensive prowess of this typing. Kitsunoh obviously is a more offensive approach to this typing and has the speed and moves to help back it up, so a defensive, slow Pokemon would be very different. However, all I really was saying was to be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it.
  8. Biased Opinion

Biased Opinion

Gen 3 did run at 60fps as opposed to the 30fps of the DS games that's why they look shit
  9. labarith

labarith

Streetpass/Play coins is a good realm for exploration.

1. "Walking Pokemon" like Pokewalker, I think, is right. You should get a modest experience boost for your 1st party member while walking outside of a battle.
    2. Re: battle random teams - yeah; I think you should be able to set up a gym, so that when you streetpass you pass along both your in-game team and your gym team. Then you can fight against other peoples's gyms, and you can play your gym team against other people's teams???
    6. Yes, steps for hatching eggs, yes.
    7. Yes, using play coins in game would be awesome. For what? I don't know, but it'd be awesome.

I would also like to see an egg swap option, where you can trade an egg around each day, and at the end of the day, when you take the egg out, it gets a bonus towards hatching for each trade you did.

As for Spotpass - it's worthless.

But I would like to see monthly or bimonthly wifi events. Imagine a weekend-only event that lasts for 2 months and you save up your BPs, and at the end of the event you can trade BP for one of the event pokemon at the end of the event. For example, maybe you can trade 10 BP for a normal pokemon, or 20 BP for a shiny version. It'd be cool if each of these pokemon has set high IVs/EVs, sort of like a pre-trained pokemon. For example, you could get a HP Fire Modest DW Bulbasaur from playing in the first 2 month event; and then we'd all get HP Fire Venosaurs to bolster our sun teams. :)
  10. shockwave527

shockwave527

Gyroscope. Throw your 3DS to send out pokemon.

On a serious note, though, probably streetpass, download, dlc, spot pass...
    I had a good other idea, but forgot it. Crud. I may edit it in later.
  11. Shroomisaur

Shroomisaur Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

This is an excellent idea. Personally, I loved having my lead Pokemon trailing behind me in HGSS and the fact that you could interact with them... so BW felt like a step backwards in that respect. If one of the goals of XY is to strengthen the bonding with your Pokemon this would be a great start. Using your walking Pokemon with streetpass would help in leveraging the 3DS features... and R_N also had some great ideas there.

Beyond exchanging Pokemon info, what about streetpass also exchanging something like RSE's Secret Bases? I miss those! With talk about the possibility of character customization, it would be fun to once again be able to decorate your own little poke-hideout to share with others.

I'm sure there will be some sort of way to tie into the 3DS's cameras too, perhaps dressing up your mons as in the BW musicals and adding them to your photos.
  12. shockwave527

shockwave527

If pokemon does paid dlc, heck if NINTEDO begins doing it too much, I'll have to get out. I want a full game for my money, same as I've gotten before. I don't want to have an unfinished game without all the pokemon or huge features I'm missing out on. We've gotten legends through free downloads before, so changing that now would just feel annoying.
  13. R_N

R_N

Maybe not as worthless as you might think!
    I think it would be neat if they just auto-downloaded giveaways or tournaments or what have you rather than going through a few menus and dealing with wonder cards
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yveltal is based off the Wyvern, while Xerneas seems to be based somewhat off the Chital. Now take the Wyv of Wyvern and the al of Chital and you come pretty close to Yveltal, with lt missing. Similarly, X + urn (add eas) and you get Xerneas. (The animals are stated on Serebii). May not be it, but somewhat interesting nonetheless.

EDIT: Also, even though these may not be the same as the Japanese, Zekrom and Reshiram were, and those couldn't really be deciphered in english, so it could be tough to try and pair these with english words. Just sayin'.
  15. R_N

R_N

If they go with Paid DLC it would be all new content made after the game is done and shipped and not just new weapons (read: Pokemon). Depending on the game, they even go with fan input.

Thus why I said the Battle Frontier, since it's about the only thing I could see being done after the fact that could probably be added to the game without major changes (and could be something continually added to?)
  16. labarith

labarith

I'd rather be able to just get them by wifi.
  17. R_N

R_N

But it's the same thing except you don't have to go through a menu

where is the downside here
  18. labarith

labarith

Oh, yeah, I guess I do get spotpass stuff for my nintendo video via wifi.

Still, sometimes I lose videos off of my nintendo video before I watch them. So I'd be against that pokemonwise...

That said, I do think they need more "slots" for their DL content. I had to delete my "error" tourney to dl the final tourney a while back. I would have preferred more tourney slots. I'd also prefer the option to trade/gift these... so you can help people out who missed them.
  19. shockwave527

shockwave527

Actually, battle bonanza sounds fun. A better sequel to battle revolution.

But seriously, they've begun to add symbolism now. Black and white. X and Y (and Z), to show the 3 3D axis for a new dimension. Probably something similar next gen. We may get colors still, but I'm betting every Pokemon from now on will have SOME kind of secondary meaning.
  20. Redjar

Redjar

THIS. A MILLION TIMES THIS.

Or, and this is just in the lands of dreams/stuff that'll never happen

Red and Blue for the Nintendo E shop. Oh, what's that? You can import your Red and Blue team into X and Y after you've beaten the E4 in both games. That's so nice of you Nintendo!
  21. TheMagicalCake

TheMagicalCake

But isn't it basically the same thing?
  22. shockwave527

shockwave527

Needed feature: Mass trading online or with friends through boxes. Either a 2 for 1 trade, or you could just trade all at once or gift. I wanted to move all my black Lv 100s and legends to black 2 once I beat it, but as I just picked a team and didn't catch much I had near nothing to trade but what I got from dream radar, and it took forever. Plus sometimes I want groudon and kyogre for my shiny rayquaza. With a mass-trade system along with not only 1-for-1 trades and the ability to simply gift a pokemon, this could be made much easier and more enjoyable.
  23. R_N

R_N

If it's spot-pass there probably wouldn't be a limit on Pokemon give aways (and certainly not the slim 4 slots Nintendo Video has). They may not even use wondercards.
    More slots for things like tournies would be nice though, yeah. Hopefully that was more a DS limitation than anything else; all that stuff was fairly limited (only x amount of tournies, only 12 wonder cards, only 1 battle video of yours, 3 battle videos of other people, etc) so it'd be nice to have much more room.

As for the trade/gift thing, the baffling thing is that is a feature of wonder cards but...almost nothing offered it. The only one I can think of is the Rotom key in Platinum. Everything else was one-use because ???
  24. lucariojr

lucariojr quell the storm and ride the thundurus
    is a Contributor to Smogon

yo people i know this is too much to ask, but let's consider what they could do like bonus-wise on the 3ds!

Play Coins: Use em to buy stuff like Rare Candies (or levels in a new Join Avenue), PP Ups, or convert them to ingame cash.

3DS Pedometer: A special spot in the PC box or daycare for a Pokewalker sorta thing! Of course, the flip side to this is instead of, let's say, happiness raising by ingame steps, you have to physically take the steps. If I wasn't an RNGer, this would be more than enough reason for me to learn so i don't break my 3ds from shaking it or tying it to a record player to get an egg................

Gyro sensor: lets you move the camera around the battle!! imagine being able to go behind enemy lines and look at your sparing monsters from all angles! of course, you wouldn't be able to see the HP bars on your enemies because that would be dumb.

Camera: take a picture with AR cards-- of wait pokemon 3d pokedex. uh, maybe just take a picture of your house with your legendary pokemon sitting on it? OH OH OH: special pictures you can scan for goodies maybe??

Street Pass: The same as C-Gear, but you get the bonuses every time your wireless switch is on, and not just when you press the tiny power button in the bottom screen. this is pretty reasonable when you can toggle the wireless on/off whenever (as opposed to ds games) please-- I need my EXP ^^^ pass power to LIVE

3D: IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!!

Eh, not like it's gonna happen until the third version, but if they did these things i would shit bricks. especially the gyro sensor one, i would shit an entire building over that one

edit oh my LORD i am so slow
  25. The Reptile

The Reptile Wonderful Wiggling Wyrms!
    is a Pre-Contributor

I think with the 3DS's StreetPass thing, it can do the whole "secret base" thing from RSE. It would work great imo, since it (theoretically) allows a lot more secret bases to appear in a game (I don't know how the game would handle 2 bases in the same place, how did it handle it in RSE? I don't remember), not to mention how the secret bases would look neat with the 3D and all the cool decorative pieces.

If an RSE remake comes out for the 3DS (since iirc the games cannot be played in a 3DS), it'll probably be saved for that, but I'd like to see it in X and Y.

EDIT: Also, while not directly related to X and Y, the WiiU would make an AMAZING platform for a Stadium-styled game (since the hand held screen makes it more like the DS games, except on the big screen with a machine that can run better graphics)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)