1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

That's actually quite impressive. Four hundred full pages. Ten thousand posts. All that for the info found here. You can watch all the videos on that page, look at all the pictures, and read all the text in less than five minutes. That's everything we know about Pokémon X and Y.

I really enjoy good speculation, and it's evident that others do too. Still, for all we have talked, GameFreak have given us surprisingly little to talk about.
  2. Basileus

Basileus

Is this the first thread to ever get over 10k posts? With such little info to speculate, Icant imagine what will happen when more ligit info is released. How many posts is this thread going to get? There is so much hype for the new games, I think we're all really eager for new info.
  3. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Returns true
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Nah, it is not the first to get that far, & I can assure you it that will not be the last. This is probably the fastest thread to get to 10k on the forums (to date), but idk if that is true.

That said, XY seems good so far to me, though I am not that fond of the new Mewtwo Forme, tbh. I am just hoping there is no new types to worry about this gen... But we also know so little of what is in the game so far, apart from the obvious... -.-'
  4. b2j135

b2j135

[youtube]TO5wryDdEI0[/youtube]
  5. btdamron

btdamron

me and some friends were speculating earlier about the new games and he wants Arceus to get a new form!!! Don't even put it down though because I already have. (Damn thing has 17 if the color pallate changes are to be considered!!!)
  6. Infernis

Infernis

That's Normalize. Makes all your moves normal, and since Kecleon would then always be normal type, he'd always get STAB.
  7. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

He means a move that changes type. Normalize replaces Kecleon ability, destroying its novelty. A move like (terrible name alert) Chamo Gun, or Rainbow Shot, would always be the same type as the user (and thus always be stab.) 80 or 75 power would be about right.
  8. Shiruba

Shiruba

or we could give them judgement.

A GOD AMONG MEN.
  9. shockwave527

shockwave527

What I'm really saying is a normal type move that always gets STAB with Keckleon, no matter what type he is. But they could just change the power and make a sig move for him or something.
  10. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Gen 2 brought in about 13 new evolutions of old pokemon.
    Gen 4 brought about 23.
    Oh, I am ridiculously excited to see about 20 new evolutions this gen.
  11. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf

Let's not forget the baby Pokémon!
    Gen 2 introduced 7 baby Pokémon for pre-existing Pokémon and 1 original baby.
    Gen 3 introduced 2 baby Pokémon for pre-existing Pokémon.
    Gen 4 introduced 7 baby Pokémon for pre-existing Pokémon and 1 original baby.

And just for specuation, the lowest BST Pokémon with a baby pre-evolution is Marill(250) and lowest BST Pokémon without an evolution and with a pre-evolution is Roselia(400), well, initially anyways. The second lowest are 270 with Jigglypuff and 405 with Wobbuffet respectively.

Mincinno pre-evolution GO!

Show Hide
    Though I wonder if McDonald's will release a promotional card for Sylveon in July as a movie tie-in.
  12. altodo

altodo

I actualy want to see a new string of pokemon. A microraptor that turns into a velociraptor. The typing could be Dragon/Poison. Make it a physical attacker with great speed. And make that a male form. The female form could be a brontosaurus line with Dragon/Ghost typings. High HP and defense. Any one else onboard with this idea? :D
  13. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I wonder if it might be less, though. Gen 4's theme was "Ultimate", so bringing in a lot of evolutions made sense, but who knows about this go around.

Could definitely see at least 10 though, yeah
  14. Lord Raiden

Lord Raiden

Because two entirely different species could be opposite genders...

I know Pokemon doesn't have to have perfect biology, but it needs to at least be sort of accurate.

As for evolutions, yes, especially for certain Pokemon that could be much more viable (anywhere) with better stats and a slightly bigger movepool (via an evolved form).
  15. clapyourhands

clapyourhands

Assuming you mean the two genders of a Pokemon must be the same species, I point you to Combee, whose females evolve into the bagworm Wormadam, and whose males become the moth Mothim.
  16. Shiruba

Shiruba

they're similar enough, though. velociraptor and brontosaurus are nothing alike. predator and herbivore. biped and quadriped. light and heavy. their only real likeness is that they were both (presumably) herd/pack creatures, and that they're dinosaurs.
  17. Yveltal

Yveltal

while Pokemon have split evolved based on gender before, the two seperate speices have always had some semblance, or relatability. If the child/basic stage is an extremely ambiguous dinosaur that could evolve into anything, maybe it's possible to pull off design/visual-wise. The difference bewteen being either a raptor or a brontosaurus Vs being either a bug that comes from a worm, or just a bigger worm, is that raptors and brontosauri are on two different ends of the tree of life. Brontosauri lives during the Jurrasic period and traditional velociraptors lived during the Cretaceous. Even then, if it did make more biological sense and they were two different dinosaurs from the same era, to have a sauropod and a dromaeosaurid in the same evolutionary line is...odd, to say the least. Maybe if this was Digimon, they'd have an easier time getting away with it...

Edit- oh, ninja'd You're fast, Shiruba.
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

Combee? I think you mean BURMY.

Oh, also - why make it a male and a female? Why not just make them two separate pokemon?
  19. Dark Ray

Dark Ray Here to bug you
    is a Pre-Contributor

You're thinking of Burmy, not Combee, and there are some species of moth where the caterpillar makes a covering of leaves/twigs to disguise itself, and then once it turns into a moth the females are flightless and don't leave the covering of twigs while the males fly around looking for females. Sound familiar? Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim are all based on the same species, and I quite like how much research GF put into them (I do wish they didn't make them quite so bad though, even compared to other early bugs they're useless).
  20. kaps

kaps

I think you mean Burmy!

EDIT: aaahhhh I was beat to it
  21. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

They also added in the last-minute gender split in Gardevoir's chain...stupid Gallade
  22. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

Ignoring the proposed gender split, I think a dinosaur line of Pokemon would be really neat. After all these long years of Pokemon, with prehistoric Pokemon every generation, and the closest thing we've ever got to a dinosaur is Venusaur (which doesn't look much like any dinosaur to me... at least any recognizable ones) and... Cranidos?

THREE HORNS DON'T PLAY WITH LONG NECKS.
  23. Exbo

Exbo

> Implying Froslass and Glailie look alike :3
    Meganium, Torterra and Aerodactyl off the top of my head.
    EDIT: Oh, Tyranitar too.
    Why the doubt on Cranidos? (Pachy-cephalo-saurus literally translates (from Greek) to Fat Head Lizard, ring a bell? :P)

And easy on the Combee-Burmy arguments guys... not like Combee males and females get the same treatment ;)
  24. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

Actually all fossil pokemon are dinosaurs except for Kabuto who is based on a trilobite or a shoehorn crab.
  25. ciaranroy

ciaranroy

Sorry for the nitpicking, but the Brontosaurus doesn't actually exist. I'd love to see more dinosaurs personally, particularly large predators (we have none). I'd also like to see a plesiosaur for the standard water type pokemon in every region.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)