1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

No one should expect anything on the final stages of the starters.
    I doubt we'll even get information on the second stage this time.
  2. Yveltal96

Yveltal96

this is true, but still holding it out for so long doesn't necessarily mean it will be a new type
    sure it's possible, but this is a longer wait time for the game than usual as we would normally find out about it maybe six months in advance most of the time.

i second this, starters usually aren't revealed until much later
  3. kaps

kaps

I kind of hope we don't get new information

I want to play the game with as little knowledge as possible, but I know that this far out I will never be able to resist new information

maybe I'll be more willing and capable of waiting four months instead of five months. . .
  4. Yveltal96

Yveltal96

well if that's the case then just don't look for the released info lol.
    the information will be released anyways and also don't say that, there are many people that have been dying from this information drought
  5. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yeah, that's upon yourself. You can't just say you don't want info because you don't think you can resist. Neither can we, but that's why we want it so much. I saw a guy who unsubbed to a popular LPer's twitter (ChuggaaConroy) and also got mad at a Pokemon twitter just for mentioning Sylveon, because he didn't want "spoilers". I also had a friend I made who's trying to stay blind and not hear info (when I began discussing things he told me, and I mentioned none of the pokemon except that the grass starter is awesome), and I ended up not friending him on FB because, as of then, my profile picture was Sylveon. You can do it, but you really have to pull some strings to avoid the news.

But here would be the first place to stop going if you don't want to hear news, definitely.
  6. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Woops, I meant new evolutions.
  7. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss

let's hope we get new GOOD news,and let's hope too god they's no new type,and don't say"we need it,why did they make steel and dark type"because we needed GF too make Psychic types not so OP,So we do not need no more types.
  8. R_N

R_N

Well again we can't really infer anything about it. They showed a lot of Pokemon and most of them were almost certainly just random showings for a sizzle reel
  9. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf

That said, part of the reason their typings were revealed was because Shoko Nakagawa couldn't keep her mouth shut. In fact, we only learned the typing of Dialga and Palkia in the release month. Though part of their typing were showcased in other merchandise before the Corocoro leak.
  10. shockwave527

shockwave527

I'm the exact opposite of someone saying "we need more types," yet I wouldn't say that a new type would be bad news or that I'd "hope to god" there's not a new one.

First of all, yes, we don't NEED a new type. We also didn't need triple battles. Or a type split. Or contests. Or bridges. Or 3D graphics. Or new pokemon. Or a new Eeveelution. Or another one, or another, or another. Or baby pokemon. These are all things that, regardless of necessity, make the game more interesting. While I certainly could care less whether or not we get one, I'd be perfectly happy if we did. I don't think we need one, but it could certainly make things more interesting and help to spice things up for the older players.

It's not a matter of that we'd NEED a new type, because that, as shown by having THREE GENERATIONS without a type change, wouldn't be the reason they'd add a new type, so that's not a good excuse at all for why you "hope to god they's no new type. It certainly would change things up without drastic alteration of the gameplay, though.
  11. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

It took them 5 Generations to add the new Mewtwo forme...there really may not be a new type at all. There is no necessity for a new type and I do not think they would just add a new type "just because"
  12. R_N

R_N

You say this but let's also remember
  13. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

I never was a fan of the whole light/fairy type speculation but then I thought...

It could be SE to dragon/dark/ghost, and NVE to grass/light/ice

Pretty sure 4/6 of those cases would be welcome :P (darks/ghosts don't need another weakness lol)

It could also resist dark/fight/ghost and potentially dragon, so it'd also be filling defensive holes (ie resisting the dark/ghost + fight combo or the drag + fight combo)

It'd have to be weak to grass for sure and perhaps another type thats not coming to my head atm.. maybe dark can be SE to light and light SE to dark?

So yeah, I'd welcome a light/fairy type from a competitive viewpoint but wouldn't necessarily want it.
  14. Yveltal

Yveltal

Ya know, animals in real life are evolving and adapting constantly to become better survivors in their own ecosystems. I don't see why some Pokemon can't come into a brand new attribute through some form of adaptation that potentially improves their performance/survivability. You could say as a counterargument that if Pokemon can simply adapt into a new type, then it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't change to an existing type, but I think that's the fun of it. Let's pretend that if Eevee really does evolve into a Fairy-type, then it's a completely new form of adaptation.

EDIT- Just found this
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

The artists that make these are in desperate need of a graphic designer's help, let alone getting a good translator. When was the last time CoroCoro revealed anything with that kind of background layout? Seriously when?
  15. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

This is a very good point. From a business standpoint, it's would be a lot wiser to focus more on Rumble U and less on XY at the moment. They want Rumble U to get attention, so that as many people as possible buy it. If they had been pushing XY hard when Rumble U was released, many would probably "wait for the next game" instead of buying what appears to be the last Pokémon game of this generation, and a spinoff to boot. I don't think many will disagree if I say that XY is going to be a lot more value for your money from a fan point of view. But GameFreak wants us to buy Rumble U, so they market it heavily and still pretend XY is a long time away.

About half a month after the release of Rumble U, the initial hype has died down a little. Fans of the Rumble series have bought the game, and other fans may follow in the coming months (it's the newest Pokémon game available after all), but the "honeymoon" is over and game stores put up new posters to showcase other games. GameFreak have no other major titles on the horizon. The stage is ready for XY to come in and steal the spotlight. I guess we'll get a little more news in the next CoroCoro than in the previous two.
  16. Scorpio

Scorpio

Plus this Finalkin and Finalkie are just imitating the poses of their prevos. And I can't see Finalspin's face due to the magazine fold.
  17. Farrac

Farrac

The type chart is more or less pretty balanced right now. We really don't need a new type, but I would not be bad if they added a new one, providing it doesn't shit in the type chart.

In the last countdown video of Gian he showed us a new poke, most likely fake (he has only shown fakes so far), of course. However, it does certainly fit Sugimori's art and it's cool looking. I don't know if someone had brought this up before, but here, take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aQe5G-yM1s

I can't find the image. I would not mind if it were real.
  18. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

Those are some really uninspired final evos
    "I'll make it bigger and... actually that'll do"
  19. Yveltal

Yveltal

God, Giancarlo Parimango is so obnoxious...
    Preferences aside, it's super fake. That fakemon has been around longer than XY's big reveal. I haven't seen his other countdown videos, but if this is an example of how out of touch he is with the artistic fanbase (he's judging its authenticity as if he's genuinely never seen the thing before, but I'm sure the design was put into a few videos for fakemon pokedexes. I don't know how he couldn't have seen stuff like this until somebody puts the XY logos next to it.), then it's safe to assume that he's only going to post obvious fakes...for no good reason?

You should see the page on deviantart. The artist refuses to admit that her post s not official artwork, and kids who don't appear to know any better are sitting around trying to debate the images legitimacy. Fanart has gotten painful.

Speaking of a bigger Fennekin, I wonder if she'll evolve into a Fire/Fairy...
  20. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf

Actually, members of the evolutionary families that were showcased in the previous promotional material were accessible in the game... though not necessarily pre-E4 or without a special method or obviously in the stages they were showcased. My old post is here and the list is a bit more above, though obviously it is very limited because I don't have the Japanese trailers for R/S and of course beasts and Celebi are not there because of they were in the trailers for their events(And I don't believe there is any other reason for Genesect's presence outside of the movie ).
  21. Yveltal96

Yveltal96

alright well first off, they never said ANYTHING about light type
    second, why light? absolutely none of the type matchups it could have make absolutely no sense. i mean also how would light help poison and ice? that just doesn't work and it really just doesn't make any sense
  22. dcae

dcae naughty list

"An evolution that will surprise you all!"
  23. MDKF

MDKF

Starter Types

Ok, so just to say that this is my first post, so... if i say anything wrong, feel free to correct me... ok.
    So predicting the starter types is really easy....
    My predicitons are that Chespin is a dark/grass type.... how? It is obvious because in the trailer it used Night Slash.
    And Fennekin supports this theory by being a psychic/fire type..... then again.. it also used psychic in the trailer... Plus, it kind of reminds of Sinnoh since the starters were once fully evolved like each has a type to face against the type it is actually weak to, for example:
    Grass<Fire but Dark> Psychic!
    Then i predict Froakie to balance this by being a Fighting/Water cuz that balances everything out which shows like this:
    Fire<Water Water< Grass Grass<Fire
    Psychic>Fighting Fighting>Dark Dark>Psychic
    Get it now? Thanks....

Geodude6

Little late there bro. This was discussed, like, when X&Y was first announced.

On another note, welcome to Smogon!
  25. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

While nothing is confirmed, thats definitely the result I would want from this. I feel like the gen 4 starters were excellently done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)