1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

Ya know, animals in real life are evolving and adapting constantly to become better survivors in their own ecosystems. I don't see why some Pokemon can't come into a brand new attribute through some form of adaptation that potentially improves their performance/survivability. You could say as a counterargument that if Pokemon can simply adapt into a new type, then it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't change to an existing type, but I think that's the fun of it. Let's pretend that if Eevee really does evolve into a Fairy-type, then it's a completely new form of adaptation.

EDIT- Just found this
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

The artists that make these are in desperate need of a graphic designer's help, let alone getting a good translator. When was the last time CoroCoro revealed anything with that kind of background layout? Seriously when?
  2. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

This is a very good point. From a business standpoint, it's would be a lot wiser to focus more on Rumble U and less on XY at the moment. They want Rumble U to get attention, so that as many people as possible buy it. If they had been pushing XY hard when Rumble U was released, many would probably "wait for the next game" instead of buying what appears to be the last Pokémon game of this generation, and a spinoff to boot. I don't think many will disagree if I say that XY is going to be a lot more value for your money from a fan point of view. But GameFreak wants us to buy Rumble U, so they market it heavily and still pretend XY is a long time away.

About half a month after the release of Rumble U, the initial hype has died down a little. Fans of the Rumble series have bought the game, and other fans may follow in the coming months (it's the newest Pokémon game available after all), but the "honeymoon" is over and game stores put up new posters to showcase other games. GameFreak have no other major titles on the horizon. The stage is ready for XY to come in and steal the spotlight. I guess we'll get a little more news in the next CoroCoro than in the previous two.
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio

Plus this Finalkin and Finalkie are just imitating the poses of their prevos. And I can't see Finalspin's face due to the magazine fold.
  4. Farrac

Farrac

The type chart is more or less pretty balanced right now. We really don't need a new type, but I would not be bad if they added a new one, providing it doesn't shit in the type chart.

In the last countdown video of Gian he showed us a new poke, most likely fake (he has only shown fakes so far), of course. However, it does certainly fit Sugimori's art and it's cool looking. I don't know if someone had brought this up before, but here, take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aQe5G-yM1s

I can't find the image. I would not mind if it were real.
  5. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

Those are some really uninspired final evos
    "I'll make it bigger and... actually that'll do"
  6. Yveltal

Yveltal

God, Giancarlo Parimango is so obnoxious...
    Preferences aside, it's super fake. That fakemon has been around longer than XY's big reveal. I haven't seen his other countdown videos, but if this is an example of how out of touch he is with the artistic fanbase (he's judging its authenticity as if he's genuinely never seen the thing before, but I'm sure the design was put into a few videos for fakemon pokedexes. I don't know how he couldn't have seen stuff like this until somebody puts the XY logos next to it.), then it's safe to assume that he's only going to post obvious fakes...for no good reason?

You should see the page on deviantart. The artist refuses to admit that her post s not official artwork, and kids who don't appear to know any better are sitting around trying to debate the images legitimacy. Fanart has gotten painful.

Speaking of a bigger Fennekin, I wonder if she'll evolve into a Fire/Fairy...
  7. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf

Actually, members of the evolutionary families that were showcased in the previous promotional material were accessible in the game... though not necessarily pre-E4 or without a special method or obviously in the stages they were showcased. My old post is here and the list is a bit more above, though obviously it is very limited because I don't have the Japanese trailers for R/S and of course beasts and Celebi are not there because of they were in the trailers for their events(And I don't believe there is any other reason for Genesect's presence outside of the movie ).
  8. Yveltal96

Yveltal96

alright well first off, they never said ANYTHING about light type
    second, why light? absolutely none of the type matchups it could have make absolutely no sense. i mean also how would light help poison and ice? that just doesn't work and it really just doesn't make any sense
  9. dcae

dcae naughty list

"An evolution that will surprise you all!"
  10. MDKF

MDKF

Starter Types

Ok, so just to say that this is my first post, so... if i say anything wrong, feel free to correct me... ok.
    So predicting the starter types is really easy....
    My predicitons are that Chespin is a dark/grass type.... how? It is obvious because in the trailer it used Night Slash.
    And Fennekin supports this theory by being a psychic/fire type..... then again.. it also used psychic in the trailer... Plus, it kind of reminds of Sinnoh since the starters were once fully evolved like each has a type to face against the type it is actually weak to, for example:
    Grass<Fire but Dark> Psychic!
    Then i predict Froakie to balance this by being a Fighting/Water cuz that balances everything out which shows like this:
    Fire<Water Water< Grass Grass<Fire
    Psychic>Fighting Fighting>Dark Dark>Psychic
    Get it now? Thanks....

Geodude6

Little late there bro. This was discussed, like, when X&Y was first announced.

On another note, welcome to Smogon!
  12. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

While nothing is confirmed, thats definitely the result I would want from this. I feel like the gen 4 starters were excellently done.
  13. Yveltal

Yveltal

There are a couple of fansites that have just recently written articles on it, so don't blame him for trying to keep that god-awful two-way type triangle theory relevant.

I'll theorize 'till the Miltanks come home, but I'm sticking to Grass/Rock, Fire and Water/Flying.
  14. king chespin

king chespin

No

seriously? we discussed this (well not me but others) 1) just because it used nightslash does not make it dark(farfetch'ed, glallade etc) also thats a terrible circle because chespin wouldn't be hurt by fennikens psychic moves
    2) that was possibly aerial ace
    3)psychic out of the mouth? really?

Ninajask'd
  15. Phadunk

Phadunk

His circle prediction is just fine. Millions have already thought the same. And it does make sense.

Slow your roll.
  16. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I've been telling you, we'll be getting Grass/Steel - Fire/Dragon - Water/Ground...

this is a joke.
  17. dcae

dcae naughty list

Inb4 Grass, Fire, and Water. No dual types lol.
  18. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

This.

Besides Gens 3 & 4 Trollfreak has been unoriginal in the starter typing departament.
  19. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I hate to say it, but this sort of uninspired design is what I am expecting to be revealed in the end. After all the hype, the final evos will look something like that--or worse
  20. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

no no no see there's a typo here let me fix that for you
    *nods sagely*
  21. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Grass/Fighting, Fire/Fighting, Water/Fighting. I did it. I saved the world.

Seriously though, I'll be kind of of bothered if we end up with monotypes again. Its probably why I haven't like any of this gen's starters (that and fire/fighting rage).
  22. Dangerdoom

Dangerdoom

I seen his vids before and he's not good for news at all. all he does is post fake stuff and waits for coro coro like the rest of us.
  23. Yveltal

Yveltal

More like

Yup. Insta-OUs, just add a fan following.

This is my problem with him. All of the real news sources exist in blog form, and then the v-bloggers who are Pokemon fans get their cameras out after the information trickles down. Did you also sit through his plug-in for Youtube partnership? I swear, camwhore is only scratching the surface of that guy.
  24. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

iirc, during the days of shoot even HGSS, he admitted towards straight up making up information just to get views and junk
  25. Phadunk

Phadunk

I just want a OU Starter again. A starter that I can be proud to use in-game as well and not want to replace asap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)