1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

If it has to be a physically based Ghost, please GF, give him Shadow Claw, or even create a new, better physical Ghost-type move and give to him. Ghost-type attacks have much, much better coverage than Steel-type attacks, and I personally would rather use Shadow Claw than Iron Head, unless if I had to use the latter for more power.

If they really create a Ghost/Steel-type, I wish that they do it with stats like those that Heatran have. Heatran has good defenses, excellent power, and its speed isn't that bad. If that Ghost-Steel had Levitate, it would be an excellent partner to Heatran, protecting him from Fighting- and Ground-type attacks, while pairing the two with a Grass-type like Celebi would solve the problem with Electric- and Water-type attacks.
  2. Blazen

Blazen

Copying your list to add my own stuff, since you already covered most of what I would have said.

7a. Play coins can be used to get cosmetic items. Especially if Secret Bases make a return.

8. With the switch to 3d, we could see the Pokedex be upgraded to work like the Pokedex pro.

9. Built in Dream Radar.

10. On the note of AR, it could be used in other ways. Me and my brother were joking that one thing could be "Point the 3DS at something red to evolve this Pokemon!" Also, AR battles would be cool. Watch the pokemon duke it out on your coffee table!

11. New evolution methods using the 3DS features. For instance, walk 10000 steps to get Eevee's flying evolution. Streetpass 50 other people with X, or Y to evolve Luvdisc.
  3. Redjar

Redjar

I would never get that. Ever. I've passed one person with BW/BW2 since I got my 3DS. Not a lot of those in my town lol.
  4. Quilph

Quilph

The other thing about the legendary names is that they incorporate letter names into them, according to the entity they are based on. With Yveltal based off a wyvern, the "wye" is clearly present. For Xerneas, which draws inspiration from the chital, it makes use of the Greek letter X, called chi (pronounced kai).
  5. Redless

Redless

Yes, OU has a severe lack of spin blockers, and a steel ghost would do the job better than a similar Pokemon just because of that epic typing. Also, as a steel, it might get SR.
  6. Dark Fallen Angel

Also, a Ghost/Steel with Levitate would be the best partner to Tyranitar, in a metagame where Fighting- and Ground-type attacks are lurking on every corner, ready to murder Tyranitar. It would also be one of the best Steel-types to use on a sun team, where, in exchange of a 4x weakness to Fire, it would gain a resistance to Water attacks. This Steel could then take care of Dragons, especially Lati@s, one of the worst nightmares of Sun teams.
  7. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

Game freak could bring back the gamecube pokemon box as a 3ds app and add more features to it.

It would make sorting, switching through generations and games easier, and trading easier for the most part, and will be useable as more games are released on the 3ds
  8. danielmdlg

danielmdlg

All I got to say is that I hope that they do not go overboard again with Legendary pokemon... for generations III, IV, and V it surpassed 10, which is a little excessive to me.

The rumor about a possible digital type makes me want to gag. Seems really unnecessary.

At the moment I'm open to use any of the starters, they seem kind of interesting.

New pokemon wise, I would like to have a few more dragon pokemon, that are not legendary. Maybe like three or so, which somewhat different typing. There can be like 1 of those being just dragon, but I think I'd like to see maybe a grass or poison dragon, maybe a ice, psychic, ghost, or fire dragon, that are not legendary.

If making new evolutions for previous pokemon I would hope for a Dragon-type Eevee evolution for it is the only special type that she doesn't evolve into.
  9. Garagara

Garagara

Wow this is a good idea, and I can't believe no one has said anything similar. Anyone play kid icarus for 3ds? It came with ar cards and has a pretty limited card game. Pokemon could take that and improve it hugely. Didn't like the CEO of pokemon said the anime, cards and games were all gonna be greatly impacted by the new gen?
  10. labarith

labarith

Shadow Claw and Bullet punch would almost be assured. I could see "Shadow Sword" or something, although a physical 90 physical ghost attack might be neat!

As for Ironhead, again, I'd like an "Iron Sword" move, perhaps physical 90 with some bonus (x chance of lowing defense?).

I don't think a Ghost/Steel-type needs to be base stats 600; I'd rather have it have levitate for an additional immunity, which leaves it a great wall even with good stats.

That's asking a bit too much IMO.

I could see a Ghost/Rock type that gets SR though. It actually might be stupid good, too. :)

Walking evolution? Yes! Eevee evolution, streepass evolutions? No.
  11. shockwave527

shockwave527

PEDOMETER! That's what I forgot. Like a built in pokewalker. Maybe a new daycare-like area where there's a walking guy who takes your pokemon and levels them up through your steps. That would be cool.
  12. Dark Fallen Angel

Oh, and preferably either a specially-based Ghost/Steel, or, if it was to be physically based, that it got acess to Fighting-type attacks.
  13. labarith

labarith

There's a lot they could do w/ the pedometer:

1. Daycare - counts your steps, not your avatar's steps.
    2. Playcoins - used in game for special effects.
    3. Pokewalker-esque "better pokemon the more you walk". For example, maybe there's a 10% chance to find Pikachu in the forest normally, but it increases by 5% for each 1000 steps you walk, so that if you walk for the full 10,000 recommended steps each day, you'd have a 50% chance at finding pikachu, and only a 40% chance of either weedle or pidgey.
    4. Pokemon that evolve by walking over x steps in a day?
    5. Pokemon that learn different moves over x steps in a day?
    6. A special tournament you can enter if you've walked over x steps in a day?
    I don't think a specially defensive steel type makes much sense.

And I'm thinking haunted armor, which strikes me as physically defensive and physically offensive. I guess it could get access to Close Combat and Mach Punch if you wanted it to... but I'd rather it have decent speed and only have access to bullet punch for priority.

Then again, I'm guessing Golurk might have started off design as Ghost/Steel... and the haunted armor I'm imagining would be significantly better than that pokemon even if it had been ghost/steel: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Golurk
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

It's the dog, just as Cyndaquil was the rat. And the grass still fits too. Not reptiles, but evolution and history. It's mainly based off the first ever mammal.
  15. The Cicada

The Cicada

hedgehogs are not rats
  16. shockwave527

shockwave527

You know, I was kind of mad when they moved off out of GB/GBC. The loss of bad coloring and hard-to-use boxes get's rid of a lot of the nostalgia to me. Even though those systems were outdated, I just wish they had kept making games for those systems for ever. Then I wouldn't have had to buy a GBA or any future system, because pokemon, which is OF COURSE the only nintendo game I play, would all be on that one system. I hated that they were trying to do new things and evolve to make the game different, as it should have just stayed entirely the same. They shouldn't update graphics or systems at all, it just ruins it for people like me, smart with my money, who don't want to buy the thing to play it.

OH WAIT! NONE OF THAT'S TRUE.
    That was the whole point of the original steam; don't know if you saw. It went through every system and main series game, showing how each evolved with the new features of the system. I don't get why people too cheap to get a 3DS are complaining that this will be on a system they choose not to buy even though it's obvious that games will not be released for the DS forever.
  17. Birkal

Birkal Caw.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Less rodentology, more Pokemon talk please!

Also if they somehow brought back the Pokewalker in some capacity, I would lose every ounce of extra weight I have, haha. Those things are a blast.

Also, for those of you who are suggestion a Heatran-esque stat spread for a Ghost/Steel type: y'all are whack. Kitsunoh has around 80 defenses and HP, and it's an absolutely monster in the CAP metagame. Be careful what you wish for, or it will bite you in the butt.
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

Then turn off the 3D. You know it's an optional setting, right? Unless they make it necessary for parts like SM3DL, you can play with it off. My friend actually turns on parental controls so he can't even accidentally turn the 3D on as it gives him headaches. With it off, that won't be a problem.
  19. shockwave527

shockwave527

True, but what I'm saying is, every fire starter is based off an animal from the chinese zodiac.

Charmander - Dragon
    Cyndaquil - Rat
    Torchic - Rooster
    Chimchar - Monkey
    Tepig - Pig
    Fennekin - Dog

While these may not be the EXACT animals (as that would get boring), each of these is close to the animal from the zodiac. Thus Cyndaquil is the rat.
  20. BlaqJstr

BlaqJstr

4 pages ago I was thinking of a built in Dream Radar that would spectacular or even have the Dream world put inside
  21. Fura2k

Fura2k

Pokes from B/W(2) to X/Y?
    What about Dreamworld?
    Any major battle tweaks?

Hope we get some answers.
  22. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Mad, mad love
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I know most people want the Psychic->Fighting->Dark trio with the new starters, but I'm actually much more interested in Fennekin being a Fire/Ground type. I mean, a Stealth Rock neutral Fire type sounds fantastic to me. If rain got a nerf and we got a speedy special attacking Fire/Ground type with Fire Blast, Earth Power, and Energy Ball (maybe with Sheer Force as a hidden ability?) it would be a fantastic addition to the OU metagame to help clear the battlefield of all Steels so that Dragons can sweep. Maybe it's just because I'm a sucker for Fire types, and I want them to be more viable in OU, but I'm really hoping that is the case for Fennekin. Although, even if she's Fire/Psychic, I will love that little fox forever. SUH CUTE.
  23. RegiFlame150

RegiFlame150

I wonder what our regional bug and bird will look like? The bugs will probably be the 3-stage metamorphosis thing, although im hoping for something different (a nymph->flying bug). As for the bird, I want another bird of prey. Staraptor was awesome.
  24. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

Wait, I'm confused. Is there some bit of trivia or something in that article that supports what you said, or did you actually think we wouldn't know who Golurk is?

Jesus, you actually had me going for a minute there. Well done. But yes, I absolutely agree - people actually complaining that this is going to be on the 3DS are insane. I don't have a 3DS, and don't necessarily love the fact that I'll have to spend money on it, but I'm excited for the new features it'll bring and I know they obviously have to upgrade at some point (honestly, it should've already been done for BW2, and maybe even BW).
  25. shockwave527

shockwave527

I have. Emailed countless designs. They never listen.

Jk. I love these designs ('cept fennekin. The ear hair irks me, but I don't think that makes it dumb or not a pokemon or anything.) I do design my own, but I can't draw for shit.

TRUE STORY:
    I actually like to come up with pokemon game ideas and came up with an idea a couple months ago. I called it Pokemon X and Y (with Z as the third) and it would be on the 3DS because XYZ axis and XYZ shaped legends. And then they go and actually do it. I think one of my starters may have been a frog. Nothing close to froakie, but still a frog. Also, in a list of pokemon name ideas I came with 6 or 7 years ago I was looking back at, before BW, I had written down the name "eelectric."

(. ) (. ) *looks left
    ______

( .) ( .) *looks right
    ______

*whispers
    I think they're spying on me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)