Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PME

PME

a) It coming out of it's mouth and they can be ghostly sound waves.
    b) It's now a (dramatic pause) 3D game. There's much more to work with in terms of how moves look like.
    c) I realize that many non-ghosts can use it. That's why I don't feel as strongly about Fire/Ghost anymore.
  2. Shiruba

Shiruba

well, yeah, and it's kinda what i was saying, too. stats totally change how a pokemon is played, and if it's good or bad. a defensive pokemon with the typing of fire/ground might not be good, but that doesn't mean an offensive pokemon wouldn't be.
  3. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

A typing is terrible in-game if it creates a minor annoyance. That's just how easy the main game is. It's not like I meant the game would be difficult using a Fire/Ground starter.

Chill out, I'm not trying to pass off anything as fact. But you'd be hard-pressed to convince me that you think we currently have a solid epitome of the Fire/Psychic type combo.

So now I know nothing because I didn't submit an essay about it to you?

"which reads off as" just means you were assuming shit. You know what they say about assuming.

I just said that that way because you acted like it was such a big deal. Whether or not I knew there's only supposed to be one Anubis has little bearing on the argument.
  4. Yveltal96

Yveltal96

regardless, moves will not be changing THAT much
    how does this:
    [​IMG]
    look like this in any way:
    [​IMG]
  5. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Doesn't the animation of astonish like, shown on the pokemon hit, rather than the pokemon casting it?

Otter to seel, echidna/hedgehog to bear. These 2 are good enough for me.
  6. Yveltal

Yveltal

Keep in mind that Cyndaquil went from a Porcupine-beast to a vole of some sort to a honey badger. Game Freak has passed some pretty funny related animals as evolutions of each other in the past.
    Dessert foxes and Jackals aren't that distant of cousins anyway, so I can understand the connection if they actually went for it. Still, this whole Anubis fiasco started when somebody on an imageboard said it was going to happen a few months back, so I dunno about believing in it.

anyway,
    At that point, you might not play Pokemon at all, since every type comes with drawbacks and nuances that you have to learn to work around. You certainly worded it like one specific type that you aren't fond of isn't worth having around for bullshit reasons.

I don't think we've reached the pinnacle of a lot of type combos, as there's still a sizeable number of combos they have yet to introduce for our consideration. You're the only one who doesn't seem to believe that certain ones don't need to be worked on in favor of others, but I don't think you really mean half of what you put out in a discussion. You're just trying to put Fire/Psychics in the limelight, and that much would be ok if you weren't starting off with careless statements like "Fire/Ground is a really bad type"

There you go again, not taking the points about Anubis seriously. You should be one to talk about assuming, since you've started your opinions with assumptions about things you haven't even taken the time to look up or learn about to save yourself from getting criticized. I made some commotion about the proper use of the term "Anubis" because you were using it far beyond it'spredefined context, and it was bugging me.
  7. Shiruba

Shiruba

ON A HAPPIER NOTE.
    i would really love it if they made a flying spaghetti monster pokemon.
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

btw instant noodles are disgusting
  8. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I doubt they will do that...there are religious and political reasons to leave that particular mon be
  9. PME

PME

Same here, it's just I don't think we should automatically assume it's Psychic or Confusion. Hell, it could be a new move for all we know.
    Again I say, it's a 3D game now, they can do whatever they want with it. PLENTY of moves in PBR don't look like their main-game versions do.

EDIT: Spaghettimon I can see, there are few other mons for it to fit in with (Looking at you Vanilluxe line)
  10. Yveltal96

Yveltal96

well that is a spin off series sooooo again invalid
    PMD animations don't look like the attacks do in the main series either
  11. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

I can't wait to see the dragons that they introduce this gen.
  12. PME

PME

Fine, name ONE move in the trailer that looks EXACTLY like any of the moves from any of the previous main games.
  13. Yveltal96

Yveltal96

flamethrower.
    i realize animations change slightly but changing it from a few droplets coming off of your character to a mass or purple waves? what?
  14. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

You're right; a significant number of people who find out about it would be very mad. Pokemon has ideas that spawned from different religions and mythologies (Jirachi, Arceus, Castform, etc.), but something so obvious like an FSMmon would be pushing it.

If it could happen, I think it might be an alternative Arceus form or something. The flavor, moveset, etc. for the FSMmon would also inspire more than a few chuckles if done right.
  15. PME

PME

As soon as you said droplets, it immediately reminded me of Water Gun's animation back in GSC. And, again, I'm not saying that "IT'S DEFINITELY ASTONISH", I'm just saying that we should be more open to suggestion and not be so secluded against others' ideas.

I'm even starting to open up to the New-type possibility.
  16. Shiruba

Shiruba

i'm trying to figure out if you guys are actually serious that people will be upset over a fsm mon in the game.
  17. Yveltal

Yveltal

But it really does look like Psychic. The squiggly lines most closely resemble the background of squiggly lines shown when using Psychic, like they overtake the field for a brief moment. That attack had a bunch of purple-pinkish squiggles fly around Kirlia's standing ground, like they were taking over half of the field and damaging Kirlia.

And they do show a lot of old techniques at first, so since this is the first advertisement, it's unlikely that Fennekin used a new Gen VI move.

I would say it's a bad choice to make a Pokemon that obviously resembles FSMonster, because at least the occultists are likely to get upset at the clear bastardization of their supreme being(at least, that's what they're likely to start calling an FSMmon)
  18. clapyourhands

clapyourhands

I'm sorry, but you're starting to come off as a bit obnoxious here. Why would PBR being a spin-off series make it invalid? Just because it's not a main series game? If anything, it would possibly give a better idea of how attacks look in X and Y, since like them, it's also a 3D Pokemon game.

And there has never been anything saying that an attack's animation could not change drastically between generations.

Just look at Toxic for the first three generations (and Stadium)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's a flashing screen, then a hurled blob of poison, then a pool of toxins underneath, and in Stadium, it's like fountains of venom.
  19. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

I was just throwing out there what I'd like to see and what my personal reasons are. I know we're starving for news, but jumping on someone for every little thing they say isn't a good way to kill time. Criticism is one thing, but you take it to another level. Anyway, I'm done with this argument. I'm not going to let you lure me any further into another flame war.
  20. Yveltal

Yveltal

:I You didn't even have reasoning to follow why you were downplaying the prospect of a Fire/Ground, Fire/Dark or Fire/Ghost, other than that you wanted another Fire/Psychic more. And you used anubis because it was already a part of the speculation that you had no appreciation for and started unintelligibly bastardizing it on the spot without any understanding of what Anubis is.

My whole fuss about Anubis, more so than the defense for Fire/Ground, is because I'm in school to be a game animator. Since what I do has a connection to the creation of worlds, architecture, characters and beyond in games, etymology is really important to me, which is why I made my first statement about why quadrupedal anubi is an impossibility when you think about what Anubis is.

But right now, I'm happy to leave it at "Narutendo wants more Fire/Psychics".
  21. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I do think it could inspire some chuckles no doubt, but that is from my standpoint. Though as you said that is pushing it and to even make it a Pokemon would likely be viewed as insult. I think that more people would be offended, so for now, if you want a Flying Spaghetti Mostermon, just stick with nicknames on Tangela and Tangrowth.
    More than those two is quite unlikely
  22. Shiruba

Shiruba

we already do kind of have a pokemon based on anubis anyway. why the heck does lucario learn bone rush, do you think?
  23. shockwave527

shockwave527

Along with oshawott: Charmander, Torchic.

Also, Narutendo and Yveltal, get a room. Seriously. I like both of you, and you both have a lot of good stuff to say, but the DISCUSSION has moved on and you are the only ones left in this little argument.

Narutendo, you were wrong on points, and it is good to just admit that. Part of the problem was just the Anubis fact, as it seemed like you were passing it off as a fictional story, which, to some people, is like saying the The Bible is of the same truth as Harry Potter. While I may think that too be so, it does piss off people.

Yveltal, you just need to cool down a bit. Yes, he made some mistakes, but by keeping this continuing your just making it worse. He's not going to change his mind on fire/psychic, because he does beleive that, while we have had a design that well-represents fire-ground, the two fire psychic guys we have don't look too fire psychic, and I beleive (sorry if I'm wrong Naru) that what he's more saying is he'd like to see a pokemon that LOOKS like a fire/psychic rather than just being one. And you can take that message and nitpick it to death along with every word he's ever typed, or you can let it go.

Seriously guys, we don't need this thread to be filled with an argument going no where, and I sure as hell don't want R_N shutting down the thread again. So either take it to the messages, or just let it go.

So guys, since it seems we're going back through the exact things that were said at the beginning of the thread, who wants to move on to the next topic? We can either do character customization, legendary typings, or over-analyze the original trailer. Take your pick!
  24. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Probably. It's not like the FSM is a particularly cool design, which makes it seem that its inclusion is for no other reason than flaunting what it stands for.
  25. Yveltal

Yveltal

-looks back through the last ten pages-
    Have we not already dug each of those another grave over the last few days? We've already hit our cylical point again, it's like the thread is asking to go on hiatus for the next 10 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)