1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockwave527

shockwave527

Idea:
    A crimson, 2 evolution bird (with some cool design). Either fly/norm or fly/fight. But looks awesome and powerful.

I have this image so good in my head. Wish you guys could actually see.
  2. Adams

Adams

Corsola needs an evolution!
  3. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I want the starting normal flying bird to be special offensive to mirror staraptor's physical offensive presence. Starting bug grass hopper or bee would be cool as I can't recall them being done yet.

Other cool animals to be made into pokemon include:Kangaroos or Koalas get me some marsupials, narwals, Dolphins, Road Runner, Rhino, fly, hummingbird, gila monster, giant squid, could probably go on forever
  4. Redjar

Redjar

We have Combee and Kricketune, but yeah, I would love another Bee. Poison/Electric/Bug, some mixture of those three. Or a Bug/Dark roach.

Also, the fossils should be post mesozoic creatures, like a sabertooth tiger or giant sloth.
  5. Celever

Celever

[​IMG]
  6. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

Sabertooth tiger would be awesome. I mean we have raikou but I prefer non legendaries as they evolve.

Another cool pokemon would a platypus that everyone would at some point name Perry.
  7. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

CoroCoro's out
    nothing new other than weight, height, and artwork for our legends
  8. Shroomisaur

Shroomisaur Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

[​IMG]

I do like the idea of a Bug/Dark roach. An idea I'd really like to see done is a squid Pokemon... we have a jellyfish, and an octopus, so let's round out the list of our tentacle-sporting Water-types.
  9. shockwave527

shockwave527

Thanks for the info. Nice to see, but I was really hoping for some evolutions or at least one new poke. Oh well. Guess 1 more month til that.
  10. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

Artworks for anyone that wanted to see:

Xerneas (open)
    [​IMG]

Weight/Height: 215 kg / 3.0m

Yveltal (open)

[​IMG]

Weight/Height: 203.0kg / 5.8m
  11. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I figured they wouldn't show more than what was in the Pokemon Direct but I am pretty surprised they didn't show the starters off.
  12. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

Darn I was hoping for something a little bit bigger than this. Oh well back to wild speculation
  13. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Is Beedrill a bee or wasp?
  14. Shroomisaur

Shroomisaur Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

Thanks for posting the artwork, Nexus, it's nice to see. Who woulda guessed they're both big and will be taking full 120BP from Low Kick?

Too bad that's all the new info there is... I need more speculation fuel! Something tells me we won't have to wait a full month before hearing something new outside of CoroCoro (and I'm sure we'll have plenty more rumors to discuss/argue/rage about as well).
  15. Oglemi

Oglemi I ask consent before I thrash anuses.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

this may have been posted already but fuck it I'm lolling I had to share it

[​IMG]
  16. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

haha thanks for sharing
  17. ShyGuy1221

ShyGuy1221

Given that the pattern of the past generations is that even ones generally release about 100 new pokemon with a fair amount pre/evolutions, and odd generations release about 130-150 pokemon with little to no pre/evolutions, and given that there is information saying there will now be over 700, I think that it might be safe to assume that there will be around 750 total pokemon, with a lot of new pre/evolutions

Sorry if people already speculated and posted about this a brazilian times.
  18. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Here's what I have been thinking about the starters myself:

Chespin - Based on his coloration, I think it would probably be a grass/ground type if anything in it's final evolution. It could also be Grass/Normal, but that would be kind of a let down. I think it will also be the bulkiest starter of the the three with a physically oriented movepool. If this is so, it's just another Torterra... ugh.

Fennekin - There's a lot of possibilities for this little fox. It could be a Fire/Psychic Ninetales dream come true. It could also be a Fire/Ground, given that it's based on a desert fox (it would also continue the tradition of fire starters having a rock resistant secondary type). It could also be Fire/Dark, since Fennec foxes are nocturnal. This is definitely my favorite looking starter and, tentatively, my starter in the game. It'll probably be a fast, special attacker and I can't wait to see what it really is.

Froakie - Not really a lot to go on with this one. I know others have said water/fighting, but I don't see it. For all we know, it could just be a pure water type. Although, it would be kind of interesting to have a fast, physical water type as an antithesis to Fennekin.

Y - This pokemon definitely looks very sinister. I'm going to throw dark on him. He also obviously flies, so Dark/Flying seems a likely choice. Or I could be totally wrong.

X - Everyone's kind of assuming that this thing is going to be grass/something. I'm not wholly convinced though. It's slender and graceful, so I would have to say psychic type probably. If it is also Grass, then Y would totally dominate this Pokemon. Even so, I think power creep will definitely place these two well into ubers.

In conclusion, there's no way to really know what we'll see until it's here. Who would have though Tepig would turn into Emboar? Or that Charmander would grow wings? Or Piplup would end up with a steel type? All we can do is wait and hope that this game will bring all of our wildest pokemon dreams to life.
  19. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I hope that the Chespin's line ends up with the highest BST of the starters as the grass has yet to have the highest BST total of the trio. No need for the tyranny of unequal base stats hinder the grass starters attempt to reach OU. I also wouldn't mind Froakie having the most as I like him the most :p.
    5th all equal
    4th Infernape
    3rd Swampert
    2nd Typlosion
    1st Charizard

Something to do Predicted BST assuming 530 and typings:
    Grass Dark/ground
    95 Hp 110 Atk 110 Def 75 SpA 65 SpD 75 Spe

I will admit that the stats do resemble Torterra's stats. But with last generation's grass type faster support distribution, I feel that Chespin will favorite slower attacking. I imagine him gaining the most size resulting in slower speeds and greater bulk. I feel that physical attack is more likely as the fire starter seems to already be favoring special attack.

Fire Psychic
    80 Hp 90 Atk 70 Def 105 SpA 80 SpD 105 Spe

As she is clearly the love child of Zoroark and Ninetails, the fire starter will clearly possess great speed and special attack. I feel like it is time for a fire starter to revert back to favoring special attack after the slew of Fire Fighting types.

Water Fighting/Electric
    90 Hp 105 Atk 75 Def 95 SpA 75 SpD 90 Spe

To begin I feel like we might actually have a decently fast water pokemon. For far too long the water starter has be cursed with less than stellar speed. With gatr and toise being the fastest with 78 base speed. Additionally physical attack is most likely to be favored over special attack as the previous two water starters favored special attack. Due to the lack of bulk in Froakie's appearance and the expected increase in speed his bulk will suffer.

I do acknowledge that game freak will probably have troller numbers. But it does appear that for all starters attack and special attack tend to not drop below 75 while defenses and HP tend to not drop below 70 with the exception of Sceptile's defense and both of emboar's defenses. Speed is the most variable.

Now that I look at these I seem to have come very close to Gen 3 starters with a bulky tank/attacker Chespin, Fast/frail special attacker FireDog, and frail mix attacker Froakie
  20. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

One thing I really, really hope for this generation is a slight modification to the Pokédex. It doesn't have to be big:
    [​IMG]

These are the only three countries in the world officially using the Imperial system of measurements. The United States, Burma and Liberia. The entire rest of the world has made or are in progress of making the transition to the much more sense-making Metric units.

[​IMG]

Yet, the Pokédex in the English-language games prefer Imperial units without the option to translate to Metric.That has annoyed me ever since Red and Blue. Please, GameFreak, get over the American bias and add those few lines of code to the game script. When you're a grown adult who knows programming, it isn't that hard to convert Imperial units to Metric. It's a lot harder for those little kids in your target group.

Another note, as an engineering student I can't help but cringe whenever I see Fennekin. A good 80% of its mass has to be located in its head. There's no way in heck it could manage to stand upright without putting a lot of effort into it. Imagine it running, and stopping. Instant faceplant.

Hmm... perhaps it remains standing using psychic powers, like Alakazam is repeatedly stated to do? That's the only imaginable excuse I can come up with. If this thing isn't Fire/Psychic, GameFreak better address the balance problem in its Pokédex description.
  21. deluge

deluge

Considering there are now over 600 Pokemon and, if I'm not mistaken, (17^2-17)/2 = 136 different type combinations it's quite interesting that there are so many unused. Gamefreak could easily have exhausted them in the first generation when there were even fewer types. Heck, we didn't get a pure Rock until Gen II or pure Flying type until Gen V. But, it makes sense that some type combinations would be relatively uncommon since Pokemon is loosely based off the real world. And it's exciting that we can still hope for Pokemon with previously unused type combos. Hydreigon would be a bit less cool if it weren't our first Dark/Dragon.

As for wishlists: I find Poison to be underappreciated typing because most poison types aren't very good (only Normal and Bug have worse average BSTs) and it's bad on offense. But it only has two defensive weaknesses and a few good resists. If it's combined with another decent defensive typing and the Pokemon is given good stats the result could be interesting. Poison/Steel would only be weak to Ground and Fire and Poison/Electric would add no additional type weakness and more resists. If we wanted to "cheat" we could hope for Levitate and rid ourselves of the ground weakness.

As far as combinations with Dragon go, we already have combinations with Ground and Fire. Offensive Dragons love STAB on a type that hits Steels SE. The only such combination currently unused is Dragon/Fighting and it might actually be the scariest combo on a Pokemon with good stats and access to the best moves of each type. It might be a good idea for that to be introduced in the same generation as the desired Ghost/Steel with Levitate!
  22. Xerneas

Xerneas

Am I the only one, who believes that Xerneas is way too light, to be a steel type?

EDIT:
    It doesnt have that much body mass, since its thin and everything, meaning it could still be a steel type.
  23. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

I don't know, the fact that it has swords for feet as well as the silver color point to Steel. We could get shocked though. Also, directed to everyone, I don't think Xerneas will be Ghost due to the fact that we haven't seen any incorporeal qualities, or the ability to Levitate. Also, speaking of Levitate, it would be cool imo if they actually showed Gengar Levitating. Just a thought.

EDIT: Dusknoir must get Levitate as its DW ability if they are still going to incorporate DW abilities.
  24. Xerneas

Xerneas

I also believe that it is a steel type.
    I think it will be Psychic/Steel and not ghost, cause of the horns and the whole fighting/dark/psychic stuff going on.
  25. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

Xerneas could end up Steel/Rock.
    Gamefreak's idea of steel is blue coloring and he has gems on his antlers that could make him a Rock type : /

I do love how it's antlers intertwine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)