1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charro

Charro

Not reveling their types gives me more hope about a "saint" type, and Xerneas being Steel/Saint
  2. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

don't they know that type is one of the worst ever? Yet they keep making more and gave it to one of the coolest looking Pokémon, Aggron. Lol trollfreak
  3. Spork

Spork

eek new games!

Froakie and Chespin are adorable, Fennekin is pretty cute but kind of uninteresting.

Xerneas has the edge in terms of legendaries for me, but I'd want to wait for other version exclusives before picking a game.

ETA: Psychic seems good to me for Xerneas. Yvetal is obviously flying, but there's always the chance of Levitate (I expect unique abilities, though).

Yvetal has fist-like adornments reminiscent of Fighting types, and there's also a Dark style color palette and perhaps a smoky, Fire type flavor.

Xerneas has a glowing quality similar to certain Psychic types, and a color palette reminiscent of some Steel types.
  4. PureQuestion

PureQuestion

This crossed my mind but then Jirachi is a steel type, and it only weights uh, two pounds? There's a fair bit of leeway.
  5. Aurinko

Aurinko

If you want to take the 2nd type (Dark, Fighting, Psychic) game to another level, we could argue about the 2 legendaries being Dark/Flying and Psychic/Rock, which, once again, would give them a sorta "being equal"-feeling. ;p
  6. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

According to Serebii, some CoroCoro images have come in.
    Images (hot DAMN that is some good Sugimori art (open)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  7. b2j135

b2j135

I swear if Yvetal is Dark/Dragon...-_-

already done
  8. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Oh god dammit. This page gets too many posts in a couple hours...

With the Sugimori art out, Yveltal looks even less Dragon though.
  9. SMZ

SMZ

I'm liking how Gen VI looks so far.

Anyway, one thing to rant/hope for in Gen VI is... IV modification. Before you haul on me like some mama's boy. I want to say as a competitive player I hate IVs. IVs are ridiculously hard to get "perfectly" with the exception of RNG and even that takes time getting used to and have the patience to do it. IVs alone have stopped me from playing 5th gen Wifi, and only a little in Gen IV. EVs on the other hand are nice, because A- they are a good part for an RPG and B- they're not hard to finish. My proposition is either eliminating IVs or modifying the mechanics so you can have the desired IVs very easily.

"But my past gens efforts T_T" shouldn't be a problem, because you won't have to make such a long time to get the right IVs. "Hidden Power?" they can modify the mechanics.

I for one would much prefer if I could easily make a team in-game (without using of a cheating device) and play online. I do realize I am not the first to complain about IVs, but I really think they should modify them or eliminate them.

That being said, it doesn't mean I'd be outraged if they still kept IVs; I'd still play, but online less frequently and more frequently on simulators.
  10. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

One more point concerning the attacks seen in the trailer. This is the intro movie for Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PNjejqT_CE&t=45s
    Have a look at the attacks Sharpedo and Duskull are using. Neither of them made it to the final game. Or, they might have, but their animations were drastically changed. Duskull's attack bears some resemblance to Grudge, but Sharpedo has no move matching the one it used in the intro. Also note that the animations of Mudkip's and Torchic's attacks were not used in-game either.

Considering this, it's really hard to tell what attacks were used in the X/Y trailer. For all we know, all that animation is pre-beta and very likely to change by the time the games are out. And really, does it matter? Duskull or Sharpedo played no big roles in R/S (perhaps apart from being favourites among Team Aqua), and the moves used by/against them did not make much sense typechart-wise. I don't think we should read that much into the usage of moves. Even assuming those are moves we already know, would be stretching it.
  11. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

Whatever that is that Sharpedo shot out of it's mouth... it needs to come back.
    Then someone needs to give me a DW Sharpedo and we're all good.
  12. Xerneas

Xerneas

I also hope they make it even easier to get good IVs, maybe a PKMN reaches its full potential, through friendship or a high level.
    They have made it a lot easier in b2/w2 to breed, since Everstone now always works and the ability that the non-DW female has, is being passed on to the child with an 80 percent chance.
  13. b2j135

b2j135

I think that is just a discolored hyper beam:
    [​IMG]
  14. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

^But considering just about every depiction of the move, ever, I don't think they would colour Hyper Beam black and say "Eh, that should be it. Put it in the intro!" Hyper Beam has always been shown as an intense beam, glowing with energy. They wouldn't just convert it to dirty black like that. Whatever the move was, its animation might have based on the Hyper Beam one, but I seriously doubt it was ever meant to be Hyper Beam.
  15. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

I remember Solar Beam had a similar animation, but a different color.
    Anyways, I doubt the animations they previewed are gonna be changed.

What concerns me is movement! Using the circle pad to play BW sucked; and in the video you can only see the MC moving straight and turning at right angles (except the swinging part, I know, but that's most likely a gym.)
    It's about time to evolve and walk diagonally at least, if not in any direction.
  16. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

also posting this in this thread because it's RELEVANT

[​IMG]
  17. Furosuto

Furosuto

^ Was posted a page or so back, but yeah, it's funny. ^.^

Also, here's to betting that pokemon number 666 will be a dark/ghost type.
  18. Present

Present

nah, #666 will be a flying/saint angel based pokemon considering trollfreak and what not.

[​IMG]
    hehe

it evolves from kirlia upon defeating 50 dark and or ghost pokemon "_"
  19. Furosuto

Furosuto

^ Lol, actually, knowing gamefreak they would probably pull that. Either that or make number 665 or 667 as a dark type.
  20. MLaRF

MLaRF

No, I'm pretty sure pokemon #666 is going to be representative of satan, so everyone hates it and it has incredible god-like powers

so

[​IMG]
    this

(I can't remember the source it's some splicing blog on tumblr)
  21. Xerneas

Xerneas

So,
    I just took a close look at the new picture of Xerneas...
    Look at his back, it looks like you can see reflections of the colored horns and that could indicate that it is part steel.
  22. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

I doubt Pokemon #666 will be anything special. Not many Asians are Christian, so not a lot of them would understand there being anything special about the number. Probably gonna be your generic second/third route Pokemon.
  23. tikidude

tikidude

Froakie is froaking amazing.
  24. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Or, you know, they may wuss out and skip the number entirely to avoid imminent controversy.
  25. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

I hope that the type chart gets re balanced and includes more types, and it would be nice to change resisted and super effective attacks to .75X and 1.5 X damage respectively,

And it would be nice if the game mechanics changed to show a decreased focus on item use and stat boosting, seriously Its kind of stupid how I can just be OHKO by any dragon type and have no chance after just one dragon dance or use of choice band.

The choice items need to go.

Oh and there need to be a lot more move effects and options, (more and different field effects, more status...) basically just to vary the game greatly and make Pokemon even more unpredictable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)