1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Heh. The number of the beast, according to some texts, was originally 616 anyway. It was later changed in translation, either because it sounded better, fit the number for Jesus (888) or because the numerical code in Hebrew referred to a name, while the Greek spelling of the name would give the number 666 using the same method.

Depending on your set of beliefs, you're supposed to bow down in submission to Shelmet.
  2. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

It could also be a evolution of Jirachi(like Mewtwo is a evo of mew).
  3. czechm8

czechm8

The more I see Yeveltal the more awesome it seems. Also dear GF if you give me a physcial offensive ghost/fighting type with adaptability I will never complain again, special based would be awesome too if they gave it aura sphere. Totally unresisted coverage unless GG makes a normal/ghost. Then again knowing Trollfreak they'll make one and it will be awful.

Also octillery should just evolve into the kraken
  4. deluge

deluge

I'm getting a good versus evil vibe from the pairing of Xerneas and Yveltal. The latter's name and appearance certainly suggest something villanous. OTOH, Xerneas exudes an air of calm and dignity. Also, it's hard to miss the sword-like appearance of Xerneas' legs while its chest resembles a shield and bears a common heraldic symbol: the chevron. As we know, mythological heroes frequently fight with sword and shield. The setting in Europe, which has many such tales, also supports this theory.

Now typing speculation is a shot in the dark but I'll give it a shot based on the above assumptions. For Xerneas, the sword and shield concept strongly suggests a Steel typing while heroism suggests a Fighting type. If Yveltal has a Dark typing that would fit the assumed concept of "evil monster" while the heavy use of red in its colour scheme could suggest a Fire type. Dark and Fire together has hellish connotations while the secondary STAB would give it some options against Xerneas. Obviously it flies so I'll assume it has Levitate for a Hydreigon/Flygon-esque solution to the lack of triple types. I'll give Xerneas Justified just because it fits with all the other assumptions.

I wonder how close I am!
  5. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Maybe the possible third mascot has crystal, emerald and platinum on its body
  6. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Not a specially defensive Ghost/Steel-type. I was saying that this Ghost/Steel could be specially based, in other words, attacking on the special side, like Heatran.

Also, I really with such Pokémon with Heatran-esque stats, and thinking now, it could have no Levitate, to balance the things a little. Ghost/Steel is already capable of walling a lot of Pokémon even without Levitate.
  7. RedSpyda

RedSpyda

hopefully some mechanics change to the point where a lot of pokes become viable

Some changes I would like to see:

Nature power to act as physical hidden power but rely on IVs instead of berries and has same distribution as Hidden power

Item or ability to extend turns of interesting moves ( Wonder room, Trick Room, Magic Room,)

Abilities based off of situational moves ( Reflect Type, Soak, power swap, guard swap, guard split)

New Type combinations

New hold items that power up moves
  8. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

I think you mean Natural Gift. Nature Power relies on the environment, not berries. Natural Gift relies on berries.
  9. labarith

labarith

Again, I don't see why we can't just get "Hidden Punch" rather than messing up an already unclear old move.

That said, if Water gun becomes a special bullet seed, I wouldn't complain. :)

And, again, I want Illuninate to "auto-Flash" whenever a pokemon comes out, so it's useful in battles (and banned on smogon just because it's an evasion modifier).
  10. Dark Fallen Angel

Because then, things without hands would not be able to get this move, such as:

[​IMG]
  11. CountBleck

CountBleck

I like that illuminate idea especially since battle useless abilities agitate me. Regardless of it's smogon legality it would be nifty ingame.

DFA, Salemence does not need a 70ish bp move that can be any type he wants. He really dosen't
  12. Dark Fallen Angel

It was just an example of things that don't have arms/hands so would not be able to use "Hidden Punch". If you really want to know things that would appreciate a physical Hidden Power: Terrakion could use it (Ice) to get past Gliscor, although it would be situtional on non-Choice sets. Escavalier can finally get a coverage move (Fighting) against Steel-types, and Garchomp would use it (Fire) instead of Fire Fang, since it is stronger, and more accurate. Also, Landorus would be able to use this instead of the special variant of Hidden Power Ice, against Gliscor, and opposing Landorus, and have an easier time revenge killing Dragon-types.
  13. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It'd be nice if HP's max power was raised a bit. Maybe to 80 or 85 would be nice.
    Maybe even just shift the power scale to 45 to 85 or something.
    Better wait get rid of the power spread at all and just put it to max every time.

I dunno it always seemed obnoxious that both type and power were determined by your IVs, especially when you have such a large chance of getting paltry power & the max power itself isn't that fantastic.
  14. b2j135

b2j135

Man, your like right on the money there, I can TOTALLY see it as a Steel type now, I just don't know about fighting though...we'll see
  15. Auraknight

Auraknight

Fighting / Steel and Fire / Dark would be really awesome typings. They would both have a STAB super-effective against each other which would be a nice touch. I think its unlikely there abilities will be Justified and Levitate as they are likely to have unique abilities (although I bet they both get Pressure :P)
  16. labarith

labarith

In my fictional metagame, Hidden Punch would be 75 stable BP, but would have horrible distribution... pretty much just fighting guys, and Electivire and the like. So while Hidden Power gets great distribution, Hidden Punch would be horrible distribution, but a better move, all in all.
  17. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

They could balance it by making Higher Base stats = Lower BP and vice versa
  18. Dia

Dia

This, but i cant comment on GB. DPP graphics I will miss, though.
  19. Saboros

Saboros

It doesn't matter that it's a Japanese event, this makes Groudon accessible in current generations therefore making the need to get it 3rd gen redundant. Honestly, if they didn't care about this because they knew it would be a Japanese exclusive and decided to make a G3 remake, they would be doing that, not making G6
  20. CountBleck

CountBleck

It seems like a bit too much coding effort for gamefreak to me. Unless of course they do away with IV's entirely (That whole pokemon grow stronger with bonding thing perhaps) Maybe they'll unlink IV's from stats but still have them determine things like HP? Idk.
  21. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Why would they waste the novelty of a 3D pokemon game on a remake? It makes much more sense to make Gen 6 first and then remake the games. Which is going to happen. The games were popular and will make GF money, that's the only standpoint that needs to be considered here.

The Sugimori art for these pokemon is great, and I'm really digging the Fighting/Steel and Fire/Dark theory that was posted a few pages back. Some other things I thought of/would like:

-A viable Water/Bug. The typing and idea is really cool, with a relatively unique set of resistances.

-A Forretress evo. It was being discussed in the other thread, but it would be a split evo where male Forretress evolves into a fast, decently powered moth where female Forretress remain slower and bulkier. This mirrors the real world and would give us a fast spinner/hazard user as well.

-Dual abilities. Let's face it, as more abilities are released and pokemon now have 3 options, dual abilities would be cool ala Mystery Dungeon. This would allow Levitate pokemon to gain some cool niches (Tinted Lens Flygon please), and I don't see why pokemon can't have 2 abilities simultaneously. It could go both ways with things like Steadfast/Inner Focus Lucario and Synchronize/Magic Bounce Espeon, but we would also see Tinted Lens/Speed Boost Yanmega or Moxie/Intimidate Salamence...
  22. labarith

labarith

You know what would be cool? A Ghost Pokemon that comes into play "impostering" the last KOed pokemon, except he's all Ghost-type!

This'd make you pay attention to which pokemon you KO, and provide further incentive to be able to both sac your own pokemon, and have counters to your own team. :)
  23. MCBarrett

MCBarrett i love it when you call me big hoppa
    Mentor

Based off of the new artwork and info from corocorco, I think it's pretty safe to say that Xerneas will be part steel type (probably psychic as its secondary typing), and Yveltal will be Dark/Flying. I think there is way too much emphasis on the wings for it not to be a flying type but I guess you never know until it's confirmed. I would actually expect it to be another Dragon/Flying before it would be Dark/Dragon.
  24. Mocha

Mocha

What if you lead with that Ghost Pokemon though? I suppose he'd have his own form/stats/moves anyway, that way he wouldn't be helpless like Ditto
  25. CountBleck

CountBleck

Yeah I get the feeling that if Gen 3 remakes are coming they'll be a bit down the road and we will probably get them before "Z version" or maybe after.

The idea of dual abilities seems appealing in theory but all it would really do is make any Pokemon that happen to have 2 good abilities really really strong. Many pokemon finally are usable in this gen due to finally having a useful ability via dream world. I mean do we really want intimidate+moxie Salamence and Gyarados running around? Seems a bit overkill to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)