1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mocha

Mocha

I miss being able to store my items in the Item Box on the pc. I hate having to scroll through a ton of items to look for my Max Repel. I know they added a 'Junk' section now, but still.
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

One does not simply JUST make an app.
    No matter how it's accomplished, it's still extracting information and migrating it, be it wirelessly between two devices, or within a single device. One's kind of hard to do, and requires some careful scripting. The other has only worked through a graphics/crazed app for a particular game, and it's only SENT information, never received it.

This has got me thinking, what if the dream world gets a major update, and we can migrate pokemon from our Gen V games over to X&Y by sending teams of up to six through the dream world? That could take some time to up/download for each team, but everything's possible, as people have said before
  3. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

I think if they took a MPR mixed with Pokemon Box. So that you could have the ranch from MPR, but you could put a Pokemon in the ranch with one game, but retrieve it with another so that it was easier to transfer the Pokemon between two games. And if you could do it with gens 4/5 too that'd be great.
  4. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Except 3DSes have an original DS Download Play function.

EDIT: Chaoswalker is a genius.
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

Yeah, but what we're talking about is using only one ds to move pokemon. The download play still needs you and your friend/sibling/nerd uncle to put your DS' together to get anything done.
    This is all wishful thinking from us who have no friends to help us migrate our favorite pokes
  6. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

The Wii U could certainly use some combination of Pokemon Ranch and Pokemon battle revolution all rolled into one. Bonus points if there are minigames and some online area to interact with other players.

Speaking of online trainer interaction, I'd love to do some sort of wifi party quest. You are all dropped in a dungeon and must cooperate to escape, occasionally doing group battles against tougher foes.
  7. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

While I'm sure it would take time and effort to do, I don't see how they wouldn't be able to make some form of application that could connect to and take Pokemon out of a Gen 5 (maybe 4?) game.

At the very least a generic Pokebox 3d would be lovely for XY. I'm always hurting for box space after filling out the pokedex
  8. MLaRF

MLaRF

MLaRF provides helpful insight as usual
    [​IMG]
  9. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Blaziken will fucking skin Fennekin alive. (Reference to the comic PK and Oglemi (I think) posted.)
  10. Governess

Governess A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I have to say, this new generation looks wonderful. I'm definitely getting Fennekin! <3 It's a bit sad that people without the 3DS can't enjoy it, but overall, it's a great game from the trailer, can't wait to get it! =P
    Though, lol I've been hearing things like Chespin looks like Oshawott in a hat; I thought that, too! XD dont San to offend anyone with that statement, though.
  11. Logan

Logan

I hope pokemon #666 is awesome. At the very least let it be the early game bird type with second type being dark or psychic. I would be so happy. If pokemon #666 is garbage I'll be pissed.

Anyways, I've never been more excited for a video game. Bring on NWO and tyranny. As long as I have new pokemon to play.. whatever... :P

Also agree that the starters will have the second typing triangle. Likely start out water/grass/fire then adapt the trump typing later.

Getting version Y and starting with Fennekin thus far.
  12. deluge

deluge

Yveltal would make a nice #666 but given the number of Pokemon we have now that'd be a weird position for a Box legendary. But you must admit that it'd be cooler if it popped up there just to have the number.
  13. Guppin

Guppin

Most if not all of the time legendarys are at the end of the Pokedex for that
    region, making it unlikely that Yveltal will be #666. To avoid problems they will probably just make Pokemon #666 a cute, little thing. Like a starter bug, bird, or rodent.
  14. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Dream World typings would be awesome, I'd give full support to something like that. Only thing is that not every pokemon would need an additional/different type, flavor-wise, so you'd have typings that seem forced.
  15. Minusixi

Minusixi

Here's a quick translation of the two pages (Right to left)
    In case you're wondering what means what, use the little arrow signs and punctuations and etc.

(Page 1)
    Latest scoop in the universe!!
    3 years have passed since Pokemon BW, and the door to a new adventure is opening! What could 'X' and 'Y' mean…!?

< It seems to be Xernius' counterpart Pokemon……!?

Legendary Pokemon Yveltal
    Type: ???
    Ability: ???
    Height: 5.8m
    Weight: 203.0 kg

\/ A girl crosses a bridge leading to a palace!

/\ A place resembling a power plant. Where could the legendary Pokemon be?

!!!!!!!

Pocket Monster Pokemon Y

(Page 2)
    'Pokemon' Newest Series

Japan… Not!
    The world… Not!
    Earth… Not!

\/ What could be beyond the beautiful town!?

And suddenly!
    A Legendary Pokemon!!

Legendary Pokemon
    Xernius
    Type: ???
    Ability: ???
    Height: 3.0m
    Weight: 215.0kg

The 2 Pokemon that exist in Pokemon X/Y. How will you meet them!?

< A different kind of impression is given off, different from previous Pokemon!

What type is it!? What ability does it have!?

The title is
    Pokemon Monster Pokemon X

---

That thing on page 2 with the "Earth...Not!" intrigues me. Unless they're talking about the fact that the Pokemon world isn't Earth, I'd much like to believe that this is going to be Pokemon IN SPACE (and obligatory IN 3D). It could be possible, since where it says "The latest scoop in the universe", they use 宇宙 which can also mean space instead of universe.
    3 years after BW means 1 year after B2W2, which means there could be reoccurring characters then.
    Also, is it just me or do they seem to be putting a bit of an emphasis on the mystery of what type they'll end up being? Perhaps lending some credence to a new type/typing of some sort?
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

Exactly. It's Holon Phantoms, but for the video game.
    With Electric Pidgeys, steel Azumarills and Fire Kirlias.
    But then there'd have to be a way of knowing that their attribute has mutated upon entry into the field, and rules on what's legal...it's cool, but it seems like something that belongs in the card game where it can't get broken or abused.
  17. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

The power plant seems to be in the desert. If this is implying that Yvertal is near the power plant, this could give support to fire-typing.
  18. MLaRF

MLaRF

First of all, thank you so much for the translation!!

Now. On the "Earth...Not!" thing, I would like to point out that it also says "The world...Not!," so perhaps it does indicate that it's in space. After all, with every previous region being based on earth locations, I think they may have meant for the pokemon world to be earth, so this is a really interesting development.
    The whole thing with recurring characters is interesting to note, so let's sit in our handy dandy thinking chair and remember that earlier on in this thread, people theorized that the statue was of N and his pokemon! Anybody else up for this idea? Because I know I sure am!
    And the mystery type... I'm starting to favour the "new type introduced" side of the argument with this, since it doesn't specify for Yveltal either. Also, he probably gets a new ability for the same reasons.

Seems a little bit of a stretch to me, because deserts are usually more associated with ground- and rock-type pokemon. But it does make sense if Yveltal is a fire-type. Although you must remember that power plants also generate electricity, so there's perhaps an interesting bias in the favour of an electric-type legendary being in there! Maybe not one of the two we've seen so far, but I think there's gonna be a new electric legendary from this info.
  19. Intergalactic

Intergalactic

I don't think anybody should really be saying that anything is definitely a certain type. Yveltal might not be part Flying-type - count the number of Pokémon that look like they could/should be flying or levitating solely because of their sprite or artwork (okay so maybe it's just the magnet trio). I'm really hoping this BS about Xernius being Grass/Psychic while Yveltal is Flying/Dark isn't true, though. Way to flaw the best one of the two, Gamefreak.
  20. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Imagine they get Color Change clones. They are based on chromosomes/DNA, so their genetic makeup changing to match the type of the last attack isn't completely Farfetch'd.

EDIT: No, Pokemon #666 shall be ALL the controversy!
  21. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Game Freak knows better than to make Pokemon #666 even somewhat controversial. It will probably just be a Grass-type, or something else not notable.
  22. Intergalactic

Intergalactic

Does that even matter? Somebody or some kind of organisation or something out there will jump on it no matter what it is for some made up reason or another.
  23. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

I doubt that they would make the #666 Pokémon related to the Number of the Beast. They already have so many problems with the Church... though it would be awesome, a demonic Pokémon >:) Although I still think that Xerneas and Yveltal are somewhat based on Jesus and Satan (respectively).
  24. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

I didn't see any Hebrews burning pictures of Shelmet in the streets...

Though, 666 is more ingrained in the western population than 616 probably is in the part of the world where that is counted as the "evil number", and the "666" crowd is also a lot bigger, so it is slightly more likely that a lunatic group will stumble across it and condemn it.

At least we can claim we saw it coming.

EDIT:
    Hardly. Xerneas' design is based on a mythological deer from Japanese legends. If anything, they would be based on the classic "good vs. evil" that Jesus and Satan just happen to be an example of.
  25. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

I'm curious as to your reasoning
    Especially on "Xerneas = Jesus"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)