1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

There was a talk about the #666 pokémon a few posts back, so whatever:

#666 will be a Houndoom evo. #658 is Froakie's last evo, #659-660 are the early rodent, #661-662 is the early bird, #663-665 is the early bug. Houndoom evo comes eight slots after Watermon's final stage; before that, Crobat was the earliest old-gen evolution to appear in a generation (#169, nine slots after Feraligatr). Perfectly plausible, and means we would be getting an early option for a Fire-type for the heretic who don't choose Fennekin.

There will be 128 new pokémon. The last one, an event legendary, will be #777, with Super Luck or Serene Grace and a whole movepool full of shit to abuse their ability. Also, Tri Attack and Metronome, obviously.
  2. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

ROFL this post is hilarious.
  3. Majestic Electric

Majestic Electric

Not to be off topic, but I'd like to talk about potential fossil mons. There are still a lot of cool, extinct animals that GameFreak have yet to cover. Personally, I'd like to see a Pokemon based off the Entelodont. Also known as "the pig from hell" and "terminator pig", the Entelodont was an apex predator native to North America that lived during the early Miocene and Oligocene. Fossils found from this time period showed the bite marks of this creature, which was strong enough to dispatch large animals.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Skull

[​IMG]
    Restoration

A Pokemon based on the Entelodont would fit very well for #666 imo because of the animal's very powerful jaws, the quickness in which it kills, and its overall behavior. It has a darkness feel to me. If anyone has ever seen the show Prehistoric Predators you'll know what Im talking about.

Thoughts?
  4. Intergalactic

Intergalactic

It seems reasonable that it could be a candidate for a fossil, but I'd think that even something that existed as long ago as that did would be seen more as a normal Pokémon than anything else - essentially, it's a boar. Gamefreak has tended to go for the more ancient-looking designs and fossils - trilobites, archaeopteryx, more exotic-looking than something that can be seen as looking more 'ordinary'. I mean, they might go for it and spruce it up a little in some way. Give it huge fangs or something, make it look ancient in some way.
  5. AfroThunderRule

AfroThunderRule *yawn* ez
    is a Tiering Contributor

Dumb observation... if the game titles are about chromosomes then where does that leave Deoxys, the DNA Pokemon? How cool would it be to form all Deoxys forms together into "Z" or something stupid like that.

Show Hide
    [​IMG][/img]

Its stats could be something stupid like: (Yes I know this is an inferior Mewtwo but still)
    HP: 50
    Attack: 150
    Defense: 100
    SpAttack: 150
    SpDefence: 100
    Speed: 130
  6. Yveltal

Yveltal

No, this is a good change in topic!
    My vote for a potential prehistoric pokemon goes to a fossil of an early camel, tapir or a lesser-known creature to have survived the ice-age. If not that, Apatasaurus that looks kind of like Chikorita and it's evolutionary line.
  7. Guppin

Guppin

Maybe instead of taking place in space, the game would take place on another Earth. The Pokemon would have evolved differently hence the new type(s), new abilities, and new moves. These would also be indicated by the game being set place in what looks like Europe instead of Japan. This would be very interesting for a plot.
  8. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Actually, that Attack is a redeeming factor. Not only that, but Deoxys has some cool moves that Mewtwo lacks, such as Nasty Plot, Extremespeed, etc.
  9. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Also, I wouldn't bet on the legends having new typing; we must remember it's CoroCoro, not Pokemon.com. They may be hyping their typing as told to by Game Freak, but they may be also trying to create hype by themselves. They did the same with Zorua ("lololo maybe there's a new evolution method for it????" wat), and people actually bought that shit for a couple months until someone pointed out they liked to do that.

About the space thing... I don't even know. That seems completely unnecessary, but I'm not sure what to make of it.
  10. Redless

Redless

The games could be set on deoxysland or wherever deoxys is from. That would fit in with the DNA theme.
  11. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

You heard it here first: Xerneas and Yveltal are ???-type!
  12. Yveltal

Yveltal

Please don't take this literally, people. It's only a rough translation of the japanese, which as we saw with the saint-type hooplah from 2chan, does not typically translate well into english. Let's see what WaterPokemonMaster's translators have to say about it when CoroCoro gets released.

Please do take note that in the ad, Pikachu shocks the entirety of Earth from the Eiffel Tower. All we really can infer is that the Gen VI release is meant to shock the world over...starting in Paris.
  13. Majestic Electric

Majestic Electric

Doubt it. Gen 5 got rid of the ???-type.
  14. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It seems like a ridiculous way to hype up these ALL NEW GAMES that break ALL THE MOLDS that are JUST OUT
    OF
    THIS
    WORLD

ON EARTH? NOPE
    U N I V E R S A L AMAZING ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!??!?!?!?

I also doubt their comments mean much of anything, they always add in their own vague speculation into things.

also just as a side thing about CoroCoro making stuff up/getting things hilariously wrong check this out: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/features/april_fools/2012/index.html
    for last april fools dogasu "rewound" to before the anime premiered and found old corocoro scans for both Pokemon 2/GS & the anime. Legit scans with legit translations SUCH AS
    and
  15. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I really doubt x and y is meant to be related to the chromosomes. I feel like the x y is meant in the sense of vectors hence the introduction of 3d3d. If they are genetically influenced here s to adenine and guanine version as a sequel.

Will pokemon sunday be releasing anything? I am not really sure how that all works.
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

The only defense for the chromosomal-theme theory is this:
    [​IMG]
    Notice the rainbow double helix-looking quiff in the japanese logo. Other than that, The biggest defense for the Cartesian planes/vector theory are that #1, the Cartesian coordinate system was made by a frenchman and #2, Xerneas may/may not be partially derived from the Chital, a breed of asiatic deer who's nomenclature title is axis axis.

Furthermore!
    It's called Pokemon SMASH! nowadays. Nobody knows until It airs, but we'll all keep our fingers crossed for more news :3
  17. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

Definitely possible if I say so myself. I really did enjoy last gen's fossil pokemon since they were such a breather from dinosaurs (of course, even though not all fossil pokemon are dinosaurs). The only thing I disliked was Archeops' ability :P If they gave this thing at least a decently crap ability over Defeatist, I probably would have picked it up.

Anyway, I would love to see a fossil pokemon based off a Smilodon or even a Cave Bear. They seriously have a lot of options when it comes to the fossils so I'm very eager to see what's next.
  18. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I didn t see the double helix. I d love them to try to explain the sex chromosomes to little kids. They can neglect bar bodies.

Is Pokemon sunday every sunday?
  19. R_N

R_N

Yes
    Well, due to time zones, Saturday but yes
  20. Yveltal

Yveltal

You're certainly entitled to not perceive it as a DNA strand.

The only ones who would find sex to be totally new are sheltered american children.

Pokemon SMASH airs every sunday at 7:30 am Japan time
  21. R_N

R_N

Also the fact that Xerneus' horns look like chromosones
    http://www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/FISH_chromosomes_300dpi.jpg

and how Yvetial body markings resemble nerves
    [​IMG]

obviously stylized, of course
  22. Guppin

Guppin

I agree, I would love to see them make a fossil Pokemon based on Smilodon. Also, I would like to see a fossil Pokemon based of the Titanic Terror Bird (took me FOREVER to find it's name). That would be very beast.
  23. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

It's not just the sex; it's also the whole idea of the genomes and such. I learned about that as a freshmen in Highschool, and even then some people took a while to grasp it. And that was with an actual teacher. If it was just a videogame made for children I don't know how'd the explain any of it.

That being said, I think that there is a possibility of it. As R_N pointed out, Yvetial's body looks like a nerve, and Xerneas' horns look like chromosomes. I just don't know how they'd go about explaining it.
  24. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Bee-drill

Sorry, had to comment, I'm a douche.

Anyway to get back on topic, allot of people want more kinds of dual types, including me. I think with the DNA theme there are good options on creating weird type combos. May it be by human DNA engineering, or nature wise. Sure does leave some options open story wise.
  25. Arcticblast

Arcticblast I run with the wolves of the wicked
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

To address the "World... not!" thing, it might be saying that Yveltal isn't from Earth, but from an alternate world (Distortion World? Mars? Hell?), which just might be backing up the good vs. evil theme even more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)