1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I didn t mean that i didn't perceive it as a double helix, i simply didn't see it. And not even so much the sex as actual chromosomes as many college students have trouble understanding even basic genetics.

The nerve cell and interpretation of the gems as chromosomes is interesting. Chromosomes don't have color though.
  2. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

3. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

If the antlers were just a grey/white/black/whatever it'd be very boring.
  4. Guppin

Guppin

5. labarith

labarith

More off things I'd want:
    a) A pokemon ability that lets the pokemon choose 2 or 3? different moves each turn, or uses the same move twice/thrice in a row. Ideally it would have "small" attacks, like Ember, Dragon Rage, etc.

For example, imagine a Hydra (Dragon/Water) with the following stats:
    80/80/100/100/100/60 and "Triple Head" (This pokemon may choose up to 3 moves per turn w/ different targets). I could totally see a modest version with Ember/Dragon Rage/Protect/Water Gun (same mechanic for protect, so protect + 2 shots is once every 2 turns or so?)

b) A "Swarm" move, like Beat up but that counts only bug types and actually does some serious damage?? For example, if it dealt 40 damage for each bug, using the attack of each bug in your party, it'd be pretty impressive in 6 vs 6 matches with at least 4 bug types?

c) A pokemon ability that "transforms" it into a random non-legendary/breedable fully evolved pokemon whenever it's put into play (except for HP); keeping the same EVs, IVs, and Nature. For example, you could bring it out one turn and it'd be Raichu, another time and it'd be Aerodactyl, so forth and so on.

d) A pokemon that has a chance of growing a random berry each turn, or randomly finding one from a subset of the berrydex?

e) A pokemon that grows a random gem each turn, or has a chance too. Also, a base 60 move that is the type of the gem the pokemon is holding.

f) A pokemon that randomly changes type whenever it enters the battlefield. For example, it might come out as a Water, but if you switch it out, it might come back out as a Ghost or Normal or Steel. It should also have an attack that is always a STAB. And yeah, it should tell you it's type when it enters the battlefield. "Colorform made So and So's type became electric!"
  6. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

Actually now that I think about it, what if they start introducing pokemon that can be formed through DNA this generation like what happened with Kyurem? (I haven't played Black/White 2 yet, so I apologize if that's wrong). It would kind of tie into the whole genetics thing if that happens to be the case with the names this generation.
  7. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

Which is why i don't think the gems are meant to be chromosomes.

Hypothetically imagine if pokemon evolution was governed by epigenetics. The pokemon never changes its genetic. Environment affecting the expression of genes. Thus it WOuld in theory be possible to devolve a charizard into a charmander. Granted this would be outside of battle. But definitely would be cool to revert pokemon back. They would have to forget moves in order to devolve. I doubt this would happen.

Also wish list continued
    Stronger and wider distribution of moves to pokemon who lack powerful stab moves. See weavile
  8. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Yeah Kyurem formes were based on DNA. Key item DNA Link Pin bonded Kyurem with N's Dragon.
  9. Yveltal

Yveltal

While I agree, that much is highly subjective at this point. I wouldn't count it as a factor for the chromosomal theory just yet.

1. Nah. even with small-power moves, it's still pretty broken. you can abuse status attacks like poison sting and thundershock with something like that. It would get annoying and unfunny really fast in the competitive world.

2. Fun! It doesn't sound like a metagame-changer, since there might not be enough good bugs that can support each other to make up for having one that knows this proposed technique

3. Nope. It's cool, but then it needs an engine all for itself to determine what the pokemon transforms into. that would take a lot of time to put together. Maybe if it worked more like hidden power instead, it'd be easier to put into the game.

4. Like pickup, but only for berries? I can only see a use in that if you can grow berries in-game once again.

5. Useless

6. Sounds like a moody Keckleon. Too Gimmicky.
  10. Duckster

Duckster

This looks promising. I sort of want to see 3rd/4th/5th Gen settle while they come up with a completely new battle system. Maybe even retire some of the previous Pokemon as seen in Ruby/Sapphire. I don't know what they'd do exactly but they could tinker with some of the percentages, at least or come up with a new arbitrary DV system. Maybe add a new battle type.

I can't decide if this would be a really terrible typing or not but I could see that grass starter having a dual normal type. Choosing that.

Scans say that the legendary type is ???. It would be cool if they came up with a new type altogether that ties in with the whole gene theme or whatever the fuck. Or maybe even a ??? type like the move Curse.

Most important feature imo would be a Stadium/Battle Frontier-esque mode with a really solid online interface, ranking board, and random battles. Story is obviously going to be an 8/10 minimum from whatever publication reviews it.
  11. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

I'm pretty sure the scans are more or less saying that the types right now are unknown. ???-type was dumped in Gen V. Curse become a Ghost type move.
  12. labarith

labarith

The key is to restrict it's movepool to weak 40, MAYBE 50, damaging moves. No status crap. Sure, Poison Sting might give you a 70% change of poisoning (remember, 30% each time), but it's still off of a poison sting! You're talking a pretty weak, overall, attack - dealing 35 + a weaker toxic is just pathetic.
    My Beedrill swarm would have an STAB of 240! Yeah... not very good, but fun.
    Maybe it could randomly choose from your opponent's team? That'd be kind of silly/fun! In the wild, it could randomly choose any pokemon in the area...
    Yes, but since I'd want it to be relevant in-game, I'd want there to be, say, a 50% chance at the end of each turn. Yeah, in-game you'll be racking up berries quicker than pickup picks up items, but that's a good thing! In-battle, it gives you a chance at a random berry. So your Secret Power (or whatever that move is) always has a berry to go off of.
    A 50% chance at a gem each turn is actually pretty good for stocking up on gems in game.

Competatively, this ability gets silly with a move like I describe. Sure, you'll only get your chosen "hidden power" the first time, but after that it's pretty much just a random "hidden power" each turn. Which is still pretty neat, if somewhat useless competitively. Still, if it told you the kind of gem you picked up, it could get silly pretty quickly.
    Keckleon needs an evolution. It's ability is too good not to be on an OU pokemon!

As for the ability; it's gimmicky, but you put it on a decently statted pokemon, and it starts to be a challenge, competatively.
  13. Carrot Top

Carrot Top

Someone mentioned Xerneas' horns looking like chromosomes and Yveltal's markings looking like nerves.

To me it looks more like Yveltal's patterns are blood vessels. Notice in the trailer how he flies in front of the sun and the patterns shine red, just like holeding your hand up to a light bulb.

Furthermore, i'd say that Xerneas' horns are supposed to be nerves. This would explain the colorful horns. When nerves fire the light up with electricity
  14. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

I could see that (open)
    [​IMG]
  15. Yveltal

Yveltal

1. If and only if it winds up on one (maybe a very select handful of pokes. I can see this being used by Dodrio and Hydreion as well, on top of other multi-bodied pokes.) pokemon that can only do so much with it.
    The most damage it could deal in one turn is 150 at the cost of three slots in itss moveset? hmmmmmmmmmmm...

2. BEEDRILL! That image made me cringe a little XP

3. A selective Transform+Illusion would turn into hell immediately...which I also might like to see...

4. I think Natural Gift turning into a veritable Metronome would get to be kinda crazy. It's unreliable fore the most part, and only crazy trainers with nothing better to do would ever think to utilize it competitively.

5. You only need one of each gem, since nobody who likes gems would ever use it outside of a battle facility where it won't get replaced afterwards.

6. Keckleon doesn't need to be OU, because it's a precious niche pokemon! (I really want a SuperKeckleon too.)

FURTHERMORE!
    Yveltals heart burns like the surface of the sun, so bright!
    And folks come 'round to see if they can add a little color to their lives!
  16. Hank14

Hank14

Hmm, I know Yveltal has looks like he is pure evil with all the blood vessels, but isn't blood connected to life? Could Yveltal be a Pokemon of life rather then a Pokemon of death? I don't see it as likely, but it is totally possible.
  17. Blazen

Blazen

Some other type combos I would like to see:

Ice/Poison - Often considered the 2 worst single types in the game, I would like to see what putting them together would do. Offensively they cover too much of the same ground, and defensively they don't provide anything extra. I just want to see if this type combo could possibly work at all.

Rock/Dragon - I think it would be cool if a pseudo-legendary was a fossil Poke that you find late, or end game. Another option is to have it based off a Gargoyle.

Psychic/Ghost - A pokemon with absolutely no physical presence. Super high special stats. Okay HP, and speed. Piss poor Attack, and Defense. Give him Calm Mind, and Nasty Plot and just let him go wild.

Psychic/Dark - My idea for this is to make him the Pixie for this gen. Make him somewhat similar to Mew (though without the whole learn every TM thing) and give him Prankster.

Bug/Dark - Based off a cockroach, and has Speed Boost as his ability. Make him super bulky and give him decent Speed (I'm thinking somewhere between 76 and 84).

Grass/Fire - This is actually a Pokemon idea that I've been working on for a while. It's a Jack-o'-lantern with high special attack. It's 2 abilities are Solar Power and Chlorophyll. Basically, make the ultimate sun abuser.

Water/Fire - Preferably based off the Pistol Shrimp. I don't even know how well this would work, but I want to see it happen.
  18. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

A Water/Fire could be the perfect candidate for a Cloud Nine user, especially if it had Electric- or Grass-type moves for coverage, and a good speed. It could revenge kill most weather sweepers, making him a staple on weatherless teams. If it had Water Absorb, it could also work well on sun teams as a staple to combat rain teams, although currently, sun teams actually don't have much problems with Rain (their main problem is sand).
  19. labarith

labarith

I don't think Dodrio and Hydreion could get it. Maybe the former, but only as a hidden ability and only if the G6 moveset is completely restricted.

But yeah, I'm thinking it will have access to weak 25, 30, 35, and 40 attacks... possibly including the absurd dragon move that deals a set 40 damage (making it 120 damage w/o resistence and with no EV investment... okay, THAT might be too much)....

One option is to make it choose a different attack for each attack, which would make a choice item restrict it's attacks to one move (and thus one attack), while you'd be forced to, say, use ember, water gun, dragon twister, and/or a 4th move EACH TURN. That'd be pretty ugly.

A "Double Head" move (perhaps a 2 headed giant pokemon) would be pretty hot; Fire/Fighting? It could get up to 55-60? base attack moves, and would be forced to alternate. Thus, if it had a fighting, normal, fire, and ground attack, it would be forced to use 2 different moves each turn. That's be pretty neat IMO.
    I wish there was an item or move that Beedrill could get to not make it suck. Wish denied, eh GF?
    No, you shouldn't be able to select it, but if your pokemon randomly transformed into one of your opponent's pokemon NOT OUT on the field yet, it'd be pretty neat, yet random and unreliable.

Impostering their Dragonite is predictable. Impostering one of 5 pokemon you haven't seen yet VS their lead... is not as good.
    For one pokemon with decent stats, I don't think it'd be too crazy.

That said, if you had a 50% chance to get a random berry each turn (Harvest-style 100% in sun?), Natural Gift would work like a 2nd hidden power with a one-shot use and a chance at a 2nd shot later on. Not great, but not worthless like Natural Gift is not.
    Well, it'd be nice to be able to use these items in-game. I'd rather Focus Sash not disappear if I'm stupid enough to use it in the elite 4. Similarly, something to mine gems would be nice.

As for the "natural gift"-esque ability; it strikes me a 90 base power "hidden power" without the IV loss is pretty solid; coupled with the ability to reuse it with a random gem for hilariousness is just a bonus.
    If it's Niche is being OHKOed, sure.

In all seriousness, I sort of wish a grass starter got it's ability as a hidden ability - it wouldn't be much better than overgrow, but it wouldn't be much worse either!

Still, you give a Kekleon a nice Sceptile-esque stats upgrade and some a semi-unique move that's type is whatever type SuperK is, and it'd be a much more interesting pokemon. You give it some bulk, and maybe recovery, and we're talking!
  20. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

That's beautiful. :,)

And yes, it actually seems plausible. Game Freak hasn't made any truly malevolent Pokémon (save for Drifloon, Chandelure, and Shedinja), so it's not very likely that Yveltal actually does represent a heart.
  21. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

I am hoping for a complete type re balance. They should balance all the types so that they are each weak to 3 types and resist 3 types, except for normal, which wouldn't be good or bad against anything.
    Also the introduction of the light type is awesome!
  22. labarith

labarith

[​IMG]

If wishes were horses, this one came with a broken leg.
  23. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

It would be awesome if weren't for the fact that it isn't confirmed yet. Unlike past generations, there are a lot of evidence that it will be introduced now, and on past pages, you can see someone that posted a japanese text that may be another evidence of a Saint/Light type.

Apart from this, there are other evidences, like Xerneas, and the fact that the current metagame is dominated by Dragon-types, like when Dark- and Steel- were introduced to counter Psychic-types.
  24. labarith

labarith

Smogon determines the metagame you nuts!
    Seriously, just a few months ago you losers were complaining that Genesect dominated the metagame... when GF released it. So Smogon moved Genesect to Ubers. Now you're complaining that Dragons and Steel types and whatever that one pokemon you really don't like is are dominating the metagame.

You're wrong. Stop saying it. For crying out loud.
  25. Yveltal

Yveltal

Right, well! Let's just ban Keckleon for being too well rounded at that point, with the extra Hit points and the other healing techniques besides recover

I don't see it happening. Keckleon can remain a fan favorite that you can't really use in fights. It can certainly adapt to fit the new generation, but it will still have it's little niche as the awkward attribute changer in NU. Maybe forever.

Then you can go play Geomon.
    A type balancing wouldn't make sense! Some attributes are just meant to be better in terms of compatibility. if everything only had six other attributes to compare it to, nothing would mean anything. at that point, we'd be relying on the individual stats of each pokemon, and sweeping would become less common.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)