1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedSpyda

RedSpyda

Looks awesome!!!

Hopefully new evos will be coming to existing pokes that need it, items and especially abilities that will break the competive scene wide open ( wonder room, Trick Room, Magic Room)

My only concern is they will introduce another format like 4 vs 4 to keep up with the trend
  2. TheLurkingLamb

TheLurkingLamb

I like how Legendary Y looks like the letter Y...
    I love Froakie, maybe I'll pick a water type this time. Have to buy a 3DS now, I haven't even had my DSi for a year. :c
    Either way, I'm happy about the way the pokes look.
  3. Alert to Sounds

Alert to Sounds

I was actually hoping the EXACT same thing, and I really hope that they do implement it in this way. :toast:
  4. Haradion

Haradion

Hmm... First Thought: YES!!!

Second thought. "I need a 3DS. Dammit."
  5. Infernis

Infernis

Contrary to the comment earlier in the thread, I think 'Beetoaden' would be a goddamn hilarious name for a conductor frog.

I wouldn't like them to change all of the stats mechanics, but adjusting base stat totals wouldn't be terrible. There's some serious power creep going on with the legendaries, and taking down their stats a bit would help. Depending on how they went about it, it could make all sorts of Pokemon more viable and reduce the need for the 7(?) different metagames we'd otherwise need.

I'm hoping for a few new evolutions of old Pokemon. Relicanth could use some beefing up. Steelix could evolve again, if only for the hilarity of Eviolite Steelix. And there's always Jynxmortar.
  6. Chenkovsky

Chenkovsky

The X legendary reminds me of the deer god from princess mononoke
    [​IMG]
  7. oSeasons

oSeasons
    is a Tiering Contributor

probably not getting the 3DS so I won't be able to enjoy this :<
  8. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Don't forget how they dogged us out of the predicted pignite when tepig's name was revealed and then put it in at the second stage
  9. Lirg

Lirg

Am I the only one to see Aerial Ace for the second attack for Chespin? If you look at the aerial ace in BW2, you see the same red stripe that you see in the preview. And the same thing for the attack going one way and directly the other. The only difference is that Chespin rushes to the enemy (it seems logical since pokemons move along with the attacks)

So I don't see why Chespin's evolutions should be dark?
  10. Goodbar

Goodbar

I could only hope, but it'd be nice if they could murder off some ridiculous pokemon like Arceus lol. I hope the new games completely revamp everything: no importing, new mechanics, that kind of thing. I'm fine with new evolutions so long as they don't murder old favorites like Gen 4 did! Regardless, I just can't imagine continuing off the last generation and having something competitively favorable, so I hope there's a fresh start here.

That bird pokemon is awesome and I actually think I could like the starters depending on how they evolve, at least the fire/water ones. I like how they went back to legendaries that are seemingly not super powerful or influential, in the way that gen 3 had ones that shaped the earth and could cause natural world disasters, gen 4 had time and space altering pokemon (completely ridiculous), and gen 5 i don't really know having not played it but there was that new world order stuff and lol. i hope this is a sign of things getting less ridiculous, maybe having a 2nd gen-esque kind of story.
  11. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

^Gen. V wasn't too bad, legendary-wise. None of them were all-powerful incarnations of some concept of nature, or deities like the ones of Gen. IV. They were just incredibly powerful and incredibly rare (in concept, at least). It was kinda like the legendaries of the first generation.
  12. G-Von

G-Von

Ok everyone, people are going on and on about the starters' typings and whatnot. It would seem logical that the final typings would be Fire/Psychic, Grass/dark, and Water/Fighting. However, this is GameFreak we are talking about.
    In gen 3, they made Blaziken fire/fighting to combat....rock types? they made Swampert water/ground so that....it can beat electric types? uhhh and Sceptile didn't change.
    In gen 4, Torterra was Grass/Ground and Empoleon was water/Steel, and Infernape was the 2nd straight Fire/Fighting starter. This made a little more sense since fighting beats steel, but so does ground...wtf. Once again, GameFreak lacks balance when it comes to the starters
    In gen 5, only Emboar gained a dual typing (Fire/Fighting) sooooo yea.

Did it ever occur to anyone that these are simply usable moves by these starers and not their possible secondary typing? Here is my original prediction:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4531859&postcount=64

Electric would help beat water, while water typically get ice type moves to beat grass, and fighting types typically get rock type moves to beat fire types.

Happy now?
  13. SapphSabre777

SapphSabre777

This looks extremely promising. Thank goodness I bought a 3DS after Christmas.

Anyways, it looks like Game Freak is innovating into 3D and they are doing well with the idea. This definitely has the potential to be a great game.

Thank goodness my birthday is at October. I know what I want for my birthday already. XD
  14. labarith

labarith

Things I'm hoping for X/Y/Z, assuming "mixed" area w/ old and new pokemon:

1. New, competitive evolutions for really, really bad G1-5 pokemon.
    2. New, competitive items for fairly bad G1-5 pokemon.
    3. Evolite variations for attack/special attack, and maybe speed?
    4. Multiplayer "Quests" that let you team up with friends to enter a "dungeon" and perhaps capture an over-leveled/unique pokemon. (Think a level 60 pokemon you can catch either with 6 badges on your own, or 3 players with 2 badges each)
    5. "Legendary" or "non-legendary" random battle options.
    6. Sleep Clause? on random battle options.
    7. Release of more G5 Hidden abilities; maybe a new 2nd hidden ability? Alternatively, new evolutions and attacks for bad pokemon would work.
    8. New Attacks, with a focus on fixing bad pokemon.
    * "Call for Friends" - a tutor? move available only to "bad" pokemon that would let them summon copies of their 1st evolution? to turn single battles into double and/or triple battles (on your side), and let you keep your summoned pokemon if you have a pokeball?
    9. "Uplearning" - if a pokemon learns a move at level x, it should have a chance of learning it post-battle at any level below x in which an opponent used it. For example, if the new fox can learn flamethrower naturally at level 60, and it's involved in a battle at level 5 where an opponent's pokemon uses flamethrower, and it survives (say, via protect), ad the opponent's pokemon is KOed, it should have, say, a 25% chance of learning that move early. This would allow us to have "level 101" move learning that could only be learned in this way. There should be an item that increases the chance to, say, 100% since this is going to be pretty hard.
    10. Reoccuring NPC battles
    * "local pokemon" battles, like fisherman that stay in the same place and "capture" random pokemon for each battle each day.
    * "level growing" battles, where NPCs are randomly distributed each day, and each time you battle them their pokemon gain a level. Note: They should give you the option not to battle them, perhaps telling you the level of their 1st pokemon, each day so that you could level up small pokemon w/o fear of getting into an outclassed battle.
    11. Your own custom gym. Choose a type, or pair of types, and have a special box where you can put only pokemon of those type or types. Have this info distributed by wifi/ir, and let you battle challengers each day w/ their in-game teams, and let you use your in-game team to battle, say, up to 5 gyms a day.
    12. Customized in-game character. Obvious.
    13. Continue BW2's "BPs" for random battles; increase the options for BPs.
    14. Adoption Center - whenever you release a pokemon, instead it should go to your adoption center. Once a week, you should be able to go online and trade your last 3 released pokemon (filtered for hacks) for 3 random released pokemon from others. You should then be able to adopt one of them, re-creating the "choose your starter" moment.
    15. Re-challenge the elite 4/gyms with a new team (6 pokemon lv 10 or under when you register them).
    16. Rebattle gyms at any time, rebattle elite 4 at any time. New, random teams for each gym leader/elite 4 member. (IE, each time you beat them, they add 1 to their que, then randomly pick 6 pokemon from their maximum team of, say, 12 pokemon).
    17. Ribbons return. I'm just saying, it's nice to get ribbons to help distinguish your pokemon.
    18. In-game, legit cloning. Probably costs lots of BP, but the ability to clone your best (non-event) pokemon in-game would be pretty awesome - even if it only comes out as an egg you have to re-EV.
  15. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

The idea of a Pokemon game as a digital distribution on the eShop...

Hey GameFreak/Nintendo: wanna seal the deal? For Digital buyers, offer something sweet like a free Hidden Ability Poke. A rare one on the level of DW starters or DW Legendary Birds/Dogs!
  16. Goodbar

Goodbar

That's pretty reasonable, however Mewtwo wasn't no man's bitch :pimp:
  17. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Why wouldn't this game be digital?
    Every Nintendo game does this now.
  18. Fawfulmk-II

Fawfulmk-II

I don't think they were complaining, moreso they were hyped and wanted an additional bonus.
  19. Pokethan

Pokethan

I was actually looking at the moves that they appear to be using and all the moves they use appear to be super effective on the pokemon with the exception of Fennekin which for some reason used a Fire type attack on Munchlax and a psychic attack on Kirlia. Other than that Chespin uses a grass attack (Solarbeam?) on Magikarp and what appears to be night slash or some kind of dark attack on Golurk. Froakie uses a water attack on Pansear and then what looks like a fighting attack on Patrat. So here is what I think their final typing might be and would actually be pretty cool if it was.

Chespin = Grass/Dark
    Fennekin = Fire/Psychic
    Froakie = Water/Fighting

With this trio of secondary typing all starters can fairly hit each other with supereffective moves and I think would make this set of starters one of the most interesting we have had in a while. But this is just speculation based on the trailer.
  20. The Cicada

The Cicada

I wonder how many people are gonna guess the starters types as grass/dark, water/fight, and fire/psy.
  21. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Danned Beucer.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Most of the people in this thread already.
  22. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Jeez, this is the most attention Orange Islands has gotten in a long time. Glad to be a regular for once (dat >250 guests).

What do you guys think about the Battle Revolution level graphics? Any possible way for Game Freak to expand further upon moves, or even battles themselves?

Or worse - is there a chance they'd seal off generations 3-5, similar to how they sealed off generations 1-2? If they did go for a drastic overhaul, it only seems reasonable that they would go for the "hard reset", and with whatever the Dream World equivalent they will use they could reintroduce all the old Pokèmon not in the game (thankfully, we have confirmation of our beloved Munchlax!).
  23. Lirg

Lirg

Except for the fire one (which I think has a psychic attack and would have a psychic typing), I don't see what are the other types of the other starters. Maybe none.

For me, the frog (I don't have the english name in mind for the moment) use retaliate and Chesnut Aerial ace
  24. MLaRF

MLaRF

We get that you all think the starters are going to make a fighting-dark-psychic triangle. We get it. You're not the first one to say it. Please. It's enough.
  25. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I can't wait for the wild speculation. I wish to jump on the water fighting bandwagon if for no other reason than being trolled so hard last gen. I really hope that the starters have some completive use this time around. I found myself ditching my starter pretty early last gen.

I also really hope that the character sprites are beta or can be alter because that eye sore prevented me from enjoying the otherwise beautiful 3d landscape
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)