1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reverend

Reverend

I was thinking of a body shape like Seel's where the wine bottle is the torso and tail while the head and arms are the grapes (pretend that I know how to draw)
  2. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

IMO a good user of Colour Change would be one who has bulk high enough to take multiple hits without dying: Kecleon has average physical bulk and his special bulk isn't anything big either.

Also, maybe its just me but I'm toying with the prospect of Mienshao getting better moves in G6 (CC, anyone?). idk, just some random thoughts :/
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

120 special defense isn't terrible
  4. Yveltal

Yveltal

Mienshao really oughtta get a good signature move that puts her high attack to good use. Hi Jump Kick just doesn't compliment her luscious whips, or bearded lady whiskers

Keckles has 120 SpDef. In what universe is that "terrible"?
  5. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

Please no more fighting high powered moves. Other types need some love too. Give dark and ghost stronger base power while giving power whip better distribution. Give gunk shot better accuracy.

By fixing move disparity between types I believe that a lot of the types could be better balanced without having to resort to making new types. Dragon's real reason for being so powerful is access to 120 base physical move and 140 base special move while being able to cater for coverage with their diverse move pools. If other types received some of this poison dark and bug would all be able to hit harder. I believe that each type should have a physical and special base 90-120 move.
  6. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I think we should nerf moves instead of making other high-powered one, for any typing...
  7. Reverend

Reverend

It's pretty bad when he only has 50 HP and will never resist the first special attack.
  8. CountBleck

CountBleck

I can Definitely see something like this working. Of course there will be a million people going they made a wine(grape juice cause it's a kids game) pokemon THEY ARE RUUUUNING OUT OF IDEAS.(Man reading they are running out of ideas every single time something new comes out makes me annoyed) Still the whole split evo idea for a grape makes me lol inside.

We really need a GOOD special rock move.
  9. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I would support this as well, especially as the people seem to find the metagame too offensive. But as I stated above no need to have disparity between base power of moves to certain types. I mean fighting has two base 120 physical moves.

Speaking of split evo's. I do not honestly like the idea of dw type or 4th evolutions as I feel that it creates more problems, complexity and confusion. I propose that more split evos are made to remedy certain failed evolution lines such as good old froslass or explore other typing options as illustrated by Gallade.
  10. CountBleck

CountBleck

I agree. I don't think every type needs a 120 BP move with 100% acc and a downside, but we do need to help some types that are lacking on either the physical or special side.
  11. The Reptile

The Reptile Wonderful Wiggling Wyrms!
    is a Pre-Contributor

I guess you can say they'll wine about it

B]

Anyways, a re-balancing of moves would be greatly appreciated, and (imo) a lot more plausible than a new type chart. A special rock move (that's not weakPower Gem) would be great, and a specially-inclined Rock-type to match with it would be appreciated.
  12. Shroomisaur

Shroomisaur Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

I've been leaning this way ever since Close Combat arrived on the scene, it would be nice... but I really doubt it will happen, the power creep of each generation will probably keep right on rolling.

As for a special Rock-type attack, TrollFreak would most likely give us a Rock-type Focus Blast. And then make a new special-based Terrakion 'mon to complement it. And then we'd have those perfect STABs with 70% accuracy each. And then instead of worrying over Stone Edge, we'd now be biting our fingernails down to bloody stumps every time we click any attack.

I can see it now.
  13. The Reptile

is a Pre-Contributor

Oh god please no. ;-;

Worst part is I can see GF doing this too. Whyy :[
  14. Reverend

Reverend

Possibly not. If anything, there was a power drop betweent the first and second gens.
  15. CountBleck

CountBleck

I see what you did there.

Oh man I just remembered that gamefreak hates the rock type. Seriously though why does every single rock move outside of smack down need to not have perfect accuracy? I mean I know rock move is a good attacking type overall but no other type seems to suffer in such a inaccurate way.
  16. Coronis

Coronis Keeping the dream alive~
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Yveltal is probably my favourite legendary design since Gen 2 (Suicune and Lugia)
  17. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

Speaking of moves I realize that with over 700 pokemon signature moves are rare but can we please stop giving all the signature moves to Victini. I ask that the starters and cover legendaries to have signature moves again.
  18. Yveltal

Yveltal

Thank you, darling ;D~

No but seriously, look at this
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  19. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

...Now that you said it, considering Victini is the Victory pokémon (more like the atomic bomb...), I wouldn't be surprised if it got MORE signature moves in the future.

Not that there's much left that's better than V-Create/Bolt Strike for it, but still.
  20. The Reptile

is a Pre-Contributor

Eh, I'd rather they gave all the signatures to Victini than to Pikachu (I'm calling Judgement Pikachu Event, just you wait...)

But yeah, GF should stop giving pokemon the cover legendaries signatures. And YES, Starter signature moves please, those where great (although I understand why they became non-signature moves later on, I'd love for them to come back again. Hopefully it doesn't become almost exactly the same like Muddy Water was to Surf ;-;)
  21. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I am not sure what it is but Yveltal's look just work. Juxtaposing it to Lugia, I can really see a balance between simple and complex. I would say that he may be my favorite cover legendary ever.

Yeah fuck you pikachu hoarding volt tackle, Evire could actually use it. I honestly don't even mind if signature moves are tweaked versions of similar moves like muddy water and surf. The new animation and depth into the pokemon is good enough for me. I don't mind them spreading out as time goes on as that is bound to happen. I feel like instead of creating new moves base power of old moves should be adjusted. No need to have 8 different physical water moves for example.
  22. Yveltal

Yveltal

Yveltal looks more like a design from a fashion student. I get the feeling that it needed to pop while not looking completely outlandish. The brown, muddy cream and garnet colors on Yveltal really compliment each other very well and gives him a sense of power in his part of the world.

Lugia was created with the intent of being solely mythical, and a creature of mystery and great power. His pokedex entries and relationships shown in the anime and manga with other pokemon communicate that he's legendary for a frikkin good reason.

Until we learn more about Yveltal's character and origins, it's hard to compare them.

IN OTHER NEWS!
    Yes, there is a need. For the sake of diversity, signature moves, and the possibility of having some pokemon that could really use physical water moves all through their lives, a small list of everything is necessary.
  23. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I guess 8 was too small of a number considering. I guess i mean 30 physical water moves. A physical water type should about learn 3 physical water moves a 50 a 70 and finally around 90 or 100 base power. Corresponding to the progress made by the pokemon

But if so many moves are made I feel that effects will get outlandish while it would be near impossible to keep track of them all.
  24. The Diverman

The Diverman

After looking at the official artwork for both Xerneas and Yveltal for a while, I'm going to make a very bold statement that most people will disagree with. Xerneas and Yveltal are the best designed cover legendaries, ever.(I'm not saying they're the best overall, but I just think their designs just surpass the others by a fair amount)
  25. The Reptile

is a Pre-Contributor

I could see it getting crazy with the side effects (Scald is already kind of there sort of, except since it's the only odd one like that, it's not as notable) after a while (40% chance to Poison Water-move that also has a 10% chance to raise SpAtk by 1.) but atm, I don't think we're at that point. Plus, variety is always good, especially when you consider distribution of the move itself (for example, the Elemental Punches getting distribution that goes against pokemon that could punch, ect.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)