1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Skarmory, with 465 BST. Then there's Breloom with (iirc) 470, and Scizor with 500.
  2. Shroomisaur

Shroomisaur Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

Technically Dugtrio at 405, but Breloom at 460 BST is next. Skarmory and Forretress are also at 465.
  3. Espeon65

Espeon65

In what foreign world that you live in is Electric super-effective against Ice???
  4. Yveltal

Yveltal

Xerneas and Yveltal don't look to have any strong correlation between the two of them. Maybe their attributes resist each other.
  5. labarith

labarith

Electric -> water, Ground -> Fire, Ice -> Grass.

:/
  6. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

It isn't, but it's good against water so it still covers its weakness. Thought that was readily apparent.
  7. Yveltal

Yveltal

In the world where Zapdos beats Lapras

Electric doesn't beat ice, but maybe you misunderstood his point. Electric beats a number of ice dual-types, (but that was obvious)
  8. cocoon

cocoon

You should stop being an asshole, just saying.
  9. Espeon65

Espeon65

Yeah, this is a good point. And I have two questions as well.

1. If it is in France, why didn't they show the Arc de Triomphe?

2. How do we know it isn't just Europe in general?
  10. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

The game will be too easy.All foes will surrender when they see you.
  11. CountBleck

CountBleck

Those couple of low BST OUs are the proof that having a BST of 500 isn't required to get into OU meta if you have enough tools to do so. Though there aren't a ton of them so having a high BST helps.
  12. Yveltal

Yveltal

Why would they waste time showing off every big monument in the FIRST trailer? There were glimpses of the Versailles, the Eiffel tower and the French observatory, so there's likely to be more pictures of Monmartre and Saint-chapelle themed places later on.
    Also, it's France specifically because Gen V took place specifically in New York, Gen IV took place specifically in Hokkaido, Gen II took place specifically in the Kansai region with a tie in to the Kanto region, and so on.
    Nine months, people!
  13. CountBleck

CountBleck

You really just said that.
  14. Practisecactus

Practisecactus

I'm feeling this gen needs more entry hazards. Something that inflicts burn on entry, possibly. And sandstorm needs a buff; ground and steel get double physical defense? Also, sunny day/rain dance/sandstorm/hail should last forever.

Even to me that sounds stupid, though I'm an advocate for a fog team. It would make 100% accurate moves more viable, and could possibly replace hail and work as a buff to both flying and ice types.

I do also like the ideas of new evolutions for this gen, as was the same with the previous even gens. However, knowing it's gamefreak, we'll get skarmory/heracross/aerodactyl/rotom evos instead of the much needed farfetch'd/jynx the fans crave. How about a ditto evolution? It still only knows transform, but all of its base stats excluding speed increase, kinda like the magneton to magnezone transition. Or an unown evolution where it gains access to four slots of hidden power.
  15. Redjar

Redjar

It's dugtrio with 405, just checked. Then breloom

Edit: Ninja'd
  16. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Take care of what you are asking. Burn hazard = most physical sweepers become unviable, and the only of them that is not affected by this, Infernape, unfortunately sucks on this metagame. As for doubling physical defense from Ground and Steel-types; you don't seriously want Skarmory and Hippowdon giving no hope to any physical attacker.
  17. czechm8

czechm8

I think qwilfish would need an evo idk what it would be, but he has solid typing and if his evo could keep intimidate he would be a solid defensive OU mon. Plus we would have a new spiker. Also qwilfish is really cool, but that's not a great reason.
  18. Shroomisaur

I... I... I don't even know how to respond to this... how about:
    [​IMG]

Does it count as being "Ninja'd" if it's been over 20 minutes? That's an awful slow ninja!

A Qwilfish evo would be great, he never had the best stats, but he always had class. Water/Poison's a great type. I'd also like to see a fully-evolved Water/Bug (sorry Surskit, you just don't quite cut it). That's another typing with some great key resists to Fighting, Ground, and Water.
  19. Reverend

Reverend

Dude, Eviolite.

gg.
  20. Yveltal

Yveltal

That's not funny! Stop making me laugh!
    How about quilfish gets 2 evolutions? then you can give the stage 1 evo Eviolite and (maybe) do some happy fun times damage with SuperQuilfish instead of MegaQuilfish!
  21. Skore

Skore

That's one of the things to consider when asking for evos for older pokemon: What would Eviolite do?
  22. Redjar

Redjar

Sorry I'm at work lol. I'm only on sporadically.

I played a hack, um snake wood, it's quite good if morbid, anyway it had a qwilfish Evo and it was amazing. Just sayain.
  23. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

They would retcon Eviolite and make it boost their defenses. Easy.
  24. Shroomisaur

Haven't you heard!? Eviolite Surskit was banned to the Uber Tire. With boosted 40/32/52 defenses Surskit was able to set up on Jirachi's Stealth Rock and then strike back with unresisted Bubblebeam/Quick Attack coverage.

That's a good point, especially when considering an evolution for, say, Sableye, which is already incredibly annoying without it! On a similar note, an evolution for Mawile would be wonderful, and Mawile itself might see some use IF it had access to Eviolite.
  25. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If they felt Eviolite would be too op on too many pokemon they want to give evos to I wouldn't be surprised if they just nerfed it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)