Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

An immunity to ground and water types? that saves him from Earthquake and water attacks under rain dance. With that and it's present stats, Mayhaps a stable spot in UU, if not a definite RU placement.

That ability would give him only two weaknesses, albeit common weaknesses
  2. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

Rock needs a serious overhaul in offense.

The low accuracy thing is very, very, VERY annoying.
  3. labarith

labarith

Can and "Likely will" are 2 different things.
    Trick Room exists. Triples exists. So in theory, any low-speed pokemon might be useful in some situations.

And yeah, I'm not saying Magcargo's ever going to be Trick Room's go-to fire or rock type... but GF should really try to make it a plausible alternative.
  4. Reverend

Reverend

counterpoint: make dual-typed moves so swampert can use muddy water on Magcargo because that would make me laugh
  5. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

I remember me and my brother discussing this once. XD

Still the whole deal with dual-type moves is actually kind of terrifying. It could be nice, I suppose, with certain moves. But....man
  6. tintinwong

tintinwong

Dual type is scary alright.
    Fire/flying move on a parasect would deal 6 times more damage than if it was only 1 type.
    Solar power+sun+choice makes it even scarier. (oh look a Charizard)
  7. czechm8

czechm8

Sorry to be "that guy" but while the corsala and clownfish bonus would be cool. Clownfish don't shelter in coral more than any other reef fish does they're known for their symbois with anemones. So GF needs to give corsala an evo possibly with a water poison typing (to make of more accurate), and then have nemopyre pair with it for maximum awesome.
  8. Fennekin

Fennekin

Just a heads up, it's Corsola.
  9. Redjar

Redjar

I personally think any Farfetch'd evolution won't be nearly as cool or good as we think it would be, so I'm hoping he never evolves if only not to spoil the potential.

Also, Eviolite Shuckle... in a sandstorm... meep... scary, no thanks.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

We figured out which pokemon he was talking about, Pokemon names aren't the easiest thing to spell.
  10. b2j135

b2j135

oh shit guys...I just thought of something...do ANY of you think that Gamefreak will pull a Soul Dew with Eviolite?
    As in you cannot trade over Pokemon holding items/having HMs from previous games?
    That might make things REALLY interesting...
  11. WeavileTamer

WeavileTamer

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Pearl (haven't been on Smogon in just as long) but I saw the announcement trailer and I have to say.... wow! I'm so pumped for this game. Yveltal and Fennekin look absolutely amazing. Not a fan of Froakie, but I'm sure he'll grow on me. Now I've just got to read up on all the stuff I've missed in the past five years. :P
  12. labarith

labarith

Evolite, I think, is too much fun for this...
    Crash Course:
    1. Post pearl, games got more user friendly.
    2. GV gave us random wifi battles (w/o fcs) and triples.
    3. Evolite exists. Enjoy!
  13. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

Water/Steel with Regenerator would be better.
  14. Ryanide

Ryanide

I'm OK with more entry hazards and weather options. However, if they do that, they MUST make counterplay to entry hazards and weather much more accessible. Like I said, an item that absorbs entry hazards, or a bunch of new elemental rapid spins distributed across a variety of pokemon, hopefully via TM, would go a long way towards making entry hazards less overbearing.

It would also make entry hazard battles a lot more tight for both players, since there would be a lot more switching around trying to find that right moment to blow the spikes away. No herp-derping Jellicent in there every time their spinner comes out. Electric or ghost type rapid spin say hi. (though I feel that a rapid spin move should always be of a type that has at least one immunity.)
  15. Shroomisaur

Shroomisaur Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
    is a Community Contributor

This is something I remember discussing in the *5th* gen speculation thread. And that exact move was what got me thinking about it too - it's sad that Muddy Water is just a slightly different (inferior) Surf. Implementing dual-typed moves would probably be require a serious mechanics/balancing overhaul.

However, I just realized a way that GameFreak could make dual-type moves without actually giving all moves 2 types though... they could make them weaker 2-hit moves like Double Kick which hit twice, except the 2nd hit has a different type. Something like...

Muddy Water 50bp 85acc Hits Twice, first hit is Water-type, second is Ground-type, 10% chance to lower acc.
  16. Redjar

Redjar

Ya know how old oil rigs are sunk and coral grows on them, thus expanding coral reefs.

GF could use that idea with Corsola. The man made reefs are made from old steel and rigging therefore making Corsola Steel instead of Rock. I don't find regenerator a far off idea at all for a reviving coral reef.
  17. labarith

labarith

Muddy Water could be dual type w/o dual typing other moves. However, I really like your multihit-suggestion. Dual Chop variants with 2 different types could be pretty cool... in fact, it could be slightly better (more accurate?) than dual chop, since often they wouldn't be used by someone who got both STABs. So while Dual Chop is usually a better Dragon Claw, Water/Ice Dual Chop would almost never be a better Scald...
  18. Reverend

Reverend

This is actually a super interesting idea, but the first hit should be ground and the second one water so you can get sick skillshots on Kecleon.
  19. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat
    is a Tiering Contributor

Kind of off topic but how do you guys think the game is designed? They come up with theme, spit ball new pokemon, make a general story, design key land marks, general map, fill in with cool stuff.
  20. Adams

Adams

I bet the game will have the exact same characteristics as the others if thats what you mean.
  21. Yveltal

Yveltal

I read the interviews that came with Gen V. They stated that they knew right away they wanted the legendaries to be a dragon-fire and a dragon-electric, and the whole design team voted towards making the water starter an otter. They also said that they started pre production for Gen V shortly after the release of Diamond and Pearl, and that the first official design they came up with was Haxorus' look.
    The game's production process takes place in a couple of different areas almost all at the same time. The thirteen some odd monster designers all create a rough idea of the pokedex while Ken Sugimori oversees the starters and legendaries personally. The programmers and designers, under the leadership of Shigeki Morimoto most likely start creating rough towns and cities in the game engine to be expanded upon when the story, character designs and pokedex come together.
    The theme is very likely decided upon and specified very early on to give every branch of the game's development team an idea to keep them busy until they get to compiling a version of the game used for beta testing. But really, a lot of games are made in this manner nowadays. extra gameplay elements are decided in a number of ways, probably based on what the story demands and what the regioinal pokedex has inside of it.
    Also there needs to be appropriate tie-ins to the anime and the ability to playtest new trading cards in time for their respective releases. The storyline for the main runthrough is most likely the epicenter around which everything, even the core gameplay elements of NPC interaction, traveling, catching, training, and battling with pokemon revolve around.

tl;dr The game is made with an in-house game engine.
  22. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

If there was going to be a Psychic/Dark Pokemon, I'd like it to be another Kirlia evolution. Switch Gardevoirs speed with its sp. def. And give it Trace or Justified or something
  23. CBMagikarp

CBMagikarp

Gen 6 will make it pretty weird for simulators due to the 3D. I wonder if GF did something to stop use of PokeGen and stuff as well. All the EV training... nightmares..
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

WAIT, GUYS I JUST REALIZED!!!

What if Pokerus becomes deadlier?
  25. Quark

Quark

I actually feel that many first and second gen Pokemon don't need evolutions or pre-evolutions. There are only a handful of Pokemon from gen 1 which are still single stage, and I kinda hope that can persist. I feel as though some single stage Pokemon are necessary to help balance out the feel of the game from a non-competitive point of view.

That being said, I do feel that gen 3 could use some additional evolutions. I personally think that it would be awesome if sharpedo became a megalodon or ichthyosaur after learning ancient power. I would also like to see a fire/water dolphin with a heat vent on its back that evolves into a whale with a volcano or chain of volcanoes on its back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)