1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Unless the backend gets another complete overhaul I don't see them locking off Gen 5. 3DS & DS can still interact and they might be able to make a 3DS app that can take Pokemon from the DS games and then send them to the actual games.

Or they can just make PokeBox 3D and let you store everything there and gamefreak please make PokeBox 3D
  2. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

starters are

water/grass
    fire/psychic
    grass/fighting
  3. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Danned Beucer.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Is anybody else getting a massive "flying Zoroark" vibe from Y-bird?
  4. R_N

R_N

it would be hilarious if each starter wound up getting the opposite in the triangle as a typing
    Grass/Water
    Fire/Grass
    Water/Fire
  5. G-Von

G-Von

Here are some of the things I want that have not been mentioned:
    An evolution to Pinsir. He goes hand in hand with Scyther, yet Pinsir has gotten the short end of the stick.
    Flareon learning Flare Blitz via Level up. For fuck sake its been like 12 year overdue.

Things that have possibly been mentioned that I may have looked past:
    I hope gen 5 pokemon can transfer over to the new games :[
    I would like to see a pseudo-legendary that is not dragon-based. (ghost/normal dual type mummy/zombie pokemon anyone?!)
    FUCK a dragon type eeveelution.
    No more new abilities unless its unreleased DW abilities. It's going to get out of hand at one point. Keeping it at 3 max is more than enough.
    I think a new Rotom form would be pretty cool.

I'm sure there are more but I cannot think of any as of right now

EDIT: 339 USERS???
  6. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Early designs look pretty good so far, I'll probably just wait for a 3DS emulator to come out since these are the only 3DS games I'm looking forward to playing. One thing that kinda annoys me is that the new legendary theme might have something to do with chromosomes -_-
  7. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

if we are doing wish lists...
    1. No filler pokes. I ll take 30 great new pokes over 200 pokes like those monkeys
    2. New type combinations/abilities for competitive use. I hope game freak put a quarter as much thought into the new pokes as CAP does
    3. POST GAME. I would like a means to play through the game again with lower level pokemon without restarting my game
  8. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

As mentioned many times by now Flare Blitz would not be so great on Flareon, as this 65 HP stat would prevent it from using it right. However Flareon could still hope on getting a new physical fire move (not getting my hopes up however, this is poor Flareon we are talking about).
  9. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Oh, by the way. This "worldwide October 2013" thing it says at the end of the commercial, any chance that the games could be released before then?
  10. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

I'm just gonna drop this here.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil

In before "Z Pokemon = Nidhoggr" and "World Serpent pokemon = trio master = Gen 6's Arceus/Kyurem".

Norse mythology in Pokemon? I approve.
  11. Skore

Skore

I count 52 pokes with no evos that could/should get evos. Left out stuff like ditto castform and rotom that get formes/transforms but that's still a solid list of candidates to choose from.

It also doesn't include stuff like Jynx that got left out when Rhyperior stole her evolution and other 2-step pokes that could use that 3rd evo to make them more useful.
  12. R_N

R_N

Pretty sure they said worldwide October 2013 because the game would be releasing worldwide on October 2013
    That's why Iwata talked about the shortening time span between japan and everyone else, why it's a world wide announcement and probably why Pikachu is thunderbolting the entire world
  13. Tahu

Tahu

You know what would be awesome? A new move that makes the weather foggy for 5 turns.
  14. PokNinjaGuy

PokNinjaGuy

To me both of the legendaries actually look dark type.
    Y is obvious, but X actually has, aside from the horns which seem psychic to me, a very dark color scheme.
    So i predict X to be psychic/dark (which would be awesome)
    and Y to be flying/dark or fire/dark
  15. shinyskarmory

shinyskarmory

The starters are so cute, I think I might buy plushies of them.

Well, not really, but figuratively. I'd get a lot of hate just because it's Pokemon.
  16. Skore

Skore

The stag boss looks like he's standing on bones or swords....Steel/Grass? Ghost/Grass?
  17. Immoral Wombat

Immoral Wombat

Don't kid yourself people, of course Fennekin is going to be fire/fighting.
  18. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Oh, yeah! And don't we forget the rodent Ratatosk, which... oh, wait...

EDIT: Might as well throw in Hræsvelgr, the giant in eagle form: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hræsvelgr
  19. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

all I want to see is some new weather conditions with pokes that permanently induce them and eeveelutions
  20. G-Von

G-Von

Its been so badly trolled, but yea I understand what you mean. I feel like it can nab a few kills late game with a scarf set, but it's HP would be depleted. A CB set would be awesome for wallbreaking though since it could probably go max attack/max HP.
  21. MLaRF

MLaRF

With the 4 stags listed, it actually made me think more of the previous generation's musketeers. The dragon would be reshiram/zekrom/kyurem (esp. considering they were one being at one point i think?) with the eagle representing either all the flying genies together or tornadus' bird form. Though it would be neat if this gen was based on Yggdrasil.
  22. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

Norse mythology has a crapload of creatures to choose from. The dragon seems the most likely as a third member of the trio.
  23. Lunanight

Lunanight

My (probably inaccurate) predictions here:
    Chespin - Probably a pure Grass-type. Could possibly be Grass/Ground.
    Fennikin - Fire/Psychic-type. It used a psychic-type looking move in the trailer and gives off that vibe of being a psychic type. Might just be a regular Fire-type. So long as its not part Fighting, I am happy.
    Froakie - Likely a pure Water-type. If not, then a Water/Poison-type.

Pokemon X Legendary (The blue one which looks like Virizion+Arceus's offpspring) - Likely a dual-typed Pokemon. Looks like a Water-type due to being blue, but I could easily see it being a Grass-type, a Water-type, or a Psychic-type. Maybe even a Normal-type...

Pokemon Y Legendary (Hi there Tornadus-T/Reshiram fusion thing. Seriously, it has Reshiram's eyes and resembles Tornadus-T a bit...but it still looks awesome) - It is probably a Dragon/Flying-type, Psychic/Flying-type like Lugia, might be a Flying/Fighting even.

On the contrary. This basically confirms we'll be getting a RSE remake. 3DS doesn't have a gameboy slot and these games are 3DS exclusive. Unless they put Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza in the after-game like in HG/SS then I am sure 3rd gen remakes are probably next after X and Y.

Unlike Platinum, HG/SS, B/W, or B2/W2, this duality of games are 3DS exclusive. In Gen 4, we had Pal Park for the DS. In Gen 5, it was Pokeshift(?).

On an unrelated note, the even numbered generations (2 and 4. Discounting 6 since the game isn't out) tend to have new evolutions of past Pokemon, several being awesome. Blissey, Gliscor, Magnezone, Espeon, and Roserade come to mind.
  24. The Steam Punk

The Steam Punk

This is just pure speculation, but X and Y? DNA? Sounds a bit like Deoxys. Maybe a new forme is coming...

Personally, I don't really like any of the starters, but I'm withholding judgment until their evolutions are released.

The 3D world looks incredible, but the trainers... Ehhh...

My God, the battles look awesome. Nuff said.

A wild Pikachu appeared!? YESSSSSS!

Here's hoping the ???-type returns. Oh, how I've missed its mystery...
  25. czechm8

czechm8

My personal hope is that the second moves used by the starters in the trailer were used to hint and their later dual types. So Chespin = grass/ghost or grass/dark both are awesome. Fennica fire/psycic, and it looked like Froakie's move may have has sparks if so I'm praying for water/electric if not water fighting would be cool too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)