1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Come on, she's not burned; she's just gone.
    is a Contributor to Smogon

YES TO SHARPEDO EVOLUTION. Hell, I'd be fine if he got a boosting move, something to make him slightly more useful. Seriously, all he and Yanmega really need are boosting moves to be fantastic. Knowing Game Freak, they would give Yanmega Swords Dance and Sharpedo Nasty Plot (although he could actually make some use of that).
  2. Infernis

Infernis

Wailmer → Wailord → WAILCANO.

FIRE/WATER. ERUPTION/WATER SPOUT DUAL STABS. BASE 200 SPECIAL ATTACK. WEIGHS 3 POUNDS. ABILITY: SPEED BOOST. Calling it now.

That comment about an ability that changes 4x weaknesses to immunities would turn Water/Ground into an even better defensive type, methinks. Suddenly Quagsire would no longer require a tag-team Miltank.
  3. CountBleck

CountBleck

I could dig a sharpedo evolution... but what exactly would we have him turning into?
  4. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

That + Quagsire evolution. Yes please.
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

Sharpedo has higher ATK and Yanmega has higher SpAtk. Statistically at this point, each would get better utility out of the opposite suggested move :-|

unless MegaloSharpedo
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

suddenly gets a killer increase in SpAtk to balance it out in both manners of offense, Nasty Plot would only be ok on him.

As for HyperWailord
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Massively increased defenses to turn it into a super wall would be much-loved by many childrens

Note: trololol highly unofficial pictures from fans and other shows are highly unofficial
  6. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Come on, she's not burned; she's just gone.
    is a Contributor to Smogon

That's the point. Knowing Game Freak, they would give them the wrong move just to troll us.
  7. Ryanide

Ryanide

I still want my Pachirisu evolution. A fast, bulky electric/flying type who gets Roost and has just enough special attack to do pachirisu's job better, pissing people off with super fang, thunder wave and volt turn.
  8. CountBleck

CountBleck

Pikachu clones are not allowed to evolve. They fix the "problem" that gamefreak created with the original pikachu. It Evolves into something that is not as cute. Problem solved pika clones have no evolution. sell all the plushies. It prints money etc.
  9. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

What about a Raichu evolution that's even cuter

No
  10. CountBleck

CountBleck

Only if it murders ash
  11. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I can't see how Pachirisu evolving two generations after its debut would affect its cute factor.
  12. CountBleck

CountBleck

I'm not opposed to their evolution. I just think that their entire creation by gamefreak was to sell plushies.... and I don't think they care much about evolving them.
    If they do though all the better though.
  13. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

A reliable psychic ATK with 100/100+ base power to counter the bulky fighters better?

More Defensive Pokes - maybe with Unaware - to weather last Gen's offensive derping, maybe with a nice ability to boot, like cancelling effects of held items while in play.

Few more OU/UU level GoodMons than the 5-6 we usually get per Gen, basically high BST's and good effectiveness.

^Please GameFreak?? Oh wait it's probably too late already. Maybe for Pkmn Z? =D
  14. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

At least the game *looks as good as it can do, and they've totally fixed the 'behind view' of the Sprites now. Animated battles (superior and more detailed to the Colossuem crap) are the way 2 goo!
  15. Ryanide

Ryanide

The only reason I want pachi to evolve is because compared to most of the other electric rodents, it actually looks cool, and it actually has 'interesting' stats. (For an electric type anyway)

sorta-Bulky and fast with laughable offenses. If it evolved, it'd become a fast, respectably tanky Pokemon with workable or just sub-optimal offenses most likely. There aren't many Pokemon who are both bulky and fast but lack offense. At least not compared to your regular slow walls and speedy sweepers.

Sadly Emolga took the spot as the flying squirrel pokemon, ruining Pachirisu's chances of turning into a flying squirrel. My original design for Pachirisu's evo was a flying squirrel based on the japanese youkai Nobusuma, a spirit that would take the form of a flying squirrel or a ghostly wall. I imagined Pachi's evo would spread it's arms out to form it's body into a 'wall' using the flaps of skin as a barrier. It would have totally made sense too if it weren't for those meddling kids.

Also before it slips my mind again, I love the cel shading on the Pokemon battle models. Not only is it smooth and effective at hiding the polygons, it also replicates Ken Sugimori's style with it's soft pallete and fine but simpistic shading approach. This is the closest in-game Pokemon have ever been to the official artworks.
  16. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

I don't get the love for the 2 'leading' Legendary's - they'll most definitely have Uber BST's, and so be unusable in OU and below.

Which basically makes them less useful than Watchog's dental-plan, lol.
  17. NMx13

NMx13

Just to point out difference between graphics of Pokemon XY and Pokedex 3D.
    Which one do you prefer? I don't really know which one is "better" to be honest :/
    [​IMG]
  18. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

I think the Cel-shading. Wind-waker showed how well it can express both mood and detailed animates. I always thought the Colloseum like models looked a bit 'dumbed down' basic and plastic.

In other 'I want GameFreak to do this *NoW*' - Cofigeragus to be modified to Ghost/Steel typing (pretty plz, with a Jigglypuff or 2 on top ^^)
  19. SMZ

SMZ

Hey guys I just thought of something. Xerneas is deer-shaped and has fours swords as legs. It could have its own story to tie in with Yveltal, but what if it was also the "master"/ruler of the legendary musketeers? seems trivial, and I could be dead wrong, but interesting to think about never the less.
  20. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

I have said time and time again. Xerneas is their mother and Yveltal made the eggs with her/impregnated her. It's so obvious. Durr.

EDIT: Fail Lilligant.
  21. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

*OmG* Just thought of how the Legendary Genies would appear like in this version *faints and gets blown away by a Tornadus*

All can say is, More. Like. These. Please. Game. Freak.

Oh wait, I was supposed to have been fainted, oops.
  22. Seneschal

Seneschal

So I heard that the starters dual types are going to be Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark, which would be very interesting. I wouldn't bet on it though, since I'm basing this speculation on this image, the source of which I don't know, so it could very easily be wild speculation itself:
    [​IMG]
    The grass/dark thing is especially tenuous considering it's not even alluded to above, though it would make sense if the other two were psychic and fighting, since it would function as a reversal of the old grass>water>fire>grass type superiority.
  23. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Isn't Pin Missile a Bug-type move, which would make Chespin a Grass/Bug?
  24. b2j135

b2j135

I dig the cel-shading better than the "realistic" look from Pokedex 3D for this game, it indeed does make it look more like the cartoon. But I also lve the Pokedex 3D Pro models so much better than the bullshit models from PBR, I mean Arcainine's mane looks like paper flowing in the wind, they finally fix that issue in Pokedex 3D Pro.

this isn't form Nintendo Power is it? I thought they were finished...where is this from?
  25. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

>Rival appeared and wants to battle!
    >Myself sent out Chespin! (Lv10) (only Poke still)
    >Rival sends out Fennekin! (Lv10)
    >Myself used 3DS power-button off attack!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)