1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennekin

Fennekin

Just a quick reminder to everyone here:
    Remember that japanese pokemon names' are restricted to 2-5 katakana characters.
  2. Flareon

Flareon

Of course, only Delcatty (Or something with Delcatty-esque stats) would have Normalize. But it gives you a reason to use Delcatty. Currently, Normalize is a weird, silly, easily stoppable gimmick. Giving it this buffed normalize would still be a gimmick, but it'd make it have a niche of having perfect coverage. It would still be able to fulfill its Thunder Wave on Ground types thing it currently does, but it does get Work Up and Calm Mind for boosting, alongside Normalized STAB on Return, Double Edge, Ice Beam, Solarbeam, Thunder, and Blizzard).I don't know, I think having it be on Delcatty balances out how awesome of an ability it would be. It's a similar case with Simple; it's an awesome ability, but its users? Not so much, which keeps it in check.

Either way, this is closer to Theorymonning/CAP right now, and it'll probably not happen, it's just something I think'd make the ability actually good.
  3. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

But it would be ~usable~ aaaaaand have Super Fang. Suck it, Zapdos

Because of ~flavor~
  4. labarith

labarith

We need a pokemon that evolves when traded while holding Gold Nugget...

Perhaps a Fighting type that has "Midas Touch" - Contact turns the typing of whatever it touches into "Gold", which is functionally Steel, but w/o the STAB for steal attacks...
  5. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

I'd been throwing around a few of these too. I'd thought the same thing for Run Away, but for Illuminate I thought it might make sense to increase the user's Accuracy by 1 stage (and Stench decreases the opponent's evasion by 1 stage when switching in). Although 1 stage accuracy boost is better than CompoundEyes, so ... maybe just 25%?
    I could never figure out what to do with Honey Gather, and I guess that's pretty good. Stall ... honestly, isn't it fine as is? It's a gimmick, but it's a decent gimmick. I'm sure it has some use (Skill Swap?).
    Quick Feet does that already, doesn't it? Can't you also make it ignore a chance of being fully paralyzed, and do the same with Tangled Feet and Confusion?
    In my opinion, Air Lock literally putting a "no weather" weather in place would work well. Pretty much makes it like any other weather inducer except it just eliminates weather effects.
    Infiltrator ... I'd love to see it bypass Protect (not Detect). It gives it a bizarre niche on some odd pokemon anyways, and encourages the use of a generally inferior move.
    Why not just make Damp give them a Fire Immunity? Almost everything with it resists fire anyways. Heck, do the same with stuff like Water Veil giving a Fire immunity, or Magma Armor making you immune to Fire. Or, heck, Immunity just making you immune to Poison attacks. You might be able to tell I'm in favor of immunities because they can make for some interesting counters.
  6. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

And to go even further why not have those pokemon with the ability Immunity able to get rid of Toxic Spikes? Would probably give them an extra asset for them to use.
  7. Redjar

Redjar

B/c Mascots are special snowflakes. Rayquaza has air lock as opposed to Golduck's Cloud Nine.
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

A Pokémon with the Midas Touch...I bet it'd be Steel type itself as well as Fighting, or at least look like a king when fully evolved.

With this new ability, do you think that the Pokémon would lose the STAB that they had originally? If so, I think you've just thought of a way to make a move similar to Soak or Reflect Type competitively viable.
  9. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I believe the reason Game Freak was so lazy (that's what I'm calling passing up on a really easy flavor-filled ability change) is because the Pokémon that get Immunity, save possibly Gligar, get much better abilities.

The Pokémon that get Immunity are: Snorlax, Gligar, and Zangoose. Snorlax gets Thick Fat, which is exponentially better, Gligar gets Sand Veil, which is passable, and Zangoose gets Toxic Boost, which is also exponentially better. So I doubt Game Freak will be doing much with Immunity unless a Pokémon in the 6th generation gets it with crappy alternate abilities.

Speaking of Snorlax, why does Game Freak always have to ruin our childhoods and make Snorlax's trademark, being asleep, overshadowed? I hope that Game Freak finds a way to upgrade sleep for Snorlax in 6th gen, with stuff like Sleep Orbs or an upgraded Snore.

EDIT: Silly double post is silly. Whoops.
  10. Yveltal

Yveltal

An ability that changes your opponent's attribute versus a move that does sounds deadly, but I like it!
    It'd be fun to see a technique Camoflauge or Vine Cloak that turns your opponent into a Grass type. or Mud Cover that turns your opponent into a Ground type!

Soak variants ftw
  11. Aurinko

Aurinko

As the thread progresses, you basically call the whole game broken, starting at Choice items you go on raging about dragons and end at the speed system.
    What about actually having fun with the things that are provided? If you lose, go on - change your team, watch other players play. It will take a while until you're able to compete with the best, but it's not impossible.
  12. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

There's not type immune to Fire,but Ground is immune to Electric.
  13. labarith

labarith

Pretty much. The "gimmick" is that the pokemon is turned into Gold-type, which can either be just Neutral to everything, OR can be "functionally" steel as described (mainly to get the fire and fighting weaknesses).

Also... I kind of want a new status, Petrify, rock-aligned, which turns the pokemon into rock type and makes it unable to move until it's hit/switched out. It wouldn't work on rock or ground types, and there would be "thawing" moves in water and grass that negated it???

Also, making Frozen "undo" when switched out or hit with a move would allow it to be less overwhelmingly dumb... but would basically make it just Petrify, so either or.
    Doesn't Air Lock prevent all weather, not just clear it? If it doesn't, it should.
  14. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Alright, I see what you guys are saying. Lo siento.

But to go completely off topic, I have an alternative theory for what Froakie's evos will look like, although it's quite the curveball compared to the sage / robber that people are talking about.

See, here is Froakie's current pose. Note the salute with its right hand:
    Froakie (open)
    [​IMG]

Now, that salute could be a composer's wave or some crap (I reallllly want it to become a maestro), or could be something from a royal guard from the army.

Take a look at this bad boy:
    Bad Boy (open)

[​IMG]

Now, wouldn't it be really badass if Froakie's bubbles turned into a hat like one of the Royal Guard? It could fit in not only with the supposed Fighting-type of the evolutions, but also of the theme of Froakie representing the wetness and raininess of Great Britain / Ireland.
  15. Yveltal

Yveltal

Ivysaur, you need to stop and take a good look at the meta. If you have lost to people that use extremespeed or other priority moves, it's probably because you weren't appropriately prepared for a wifi battle. If you have loost to pseudo legendary dragons and steel types on other peoples teams, it's probably because you didn't have the right movesets to outwit them. And if you've really been losing so much that the meta has got you upset at it, instead of trying to rebel against it by trying to introduce highy un-pokemonish ideas that would flip the metagame to make everything bland, you should try adapting to it instead. There are plenty of articles and post written on strong strategies that prove effective, I suggest you read some of them and get into the swing of EV training if competition is really that big of a deal to you.
    Or you could find other people that don't take the metagame seriously. Ask around and exchange friend codes! GameFreak would never make their priority status any more complicated outside of "these moves are faster than others" and "this handful of moves are slower than others". It would fry the brains of the kids that they're marketing towards should they go ahead with an idea like that. I'm not a competitive player myself, but your desires would mess up the feel of even a casual runthrough.
    Consider this; who wants to go all the way to the last gym with a Blastoise that knows Bubble still, because it assures a faster hit than hydro pump? NOBODY.

FURTHERMORE!
    Oh please. Midas Touch should change them to steel type instead of adding a new attribute that only applies to one technique (Game freak got tired of people hacking their games to abuse the ???-type. I don't think they want that again)
  16. RandomVGC

RandomVGC

One reason the Midas idea won't occur: http://www.midas.com/

Also, Fennekin should not be compared to Vulpix or Zorua because it's a lot cuter. :3
  17. Mario With Lasers

lolwut. "Midas Touch" isn't a copyrighted expression, it predates that company or whatever it is.
  18. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

also, http://www.heatmor.com/
  19. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

20. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Like many people before have stated, I would love to see some unique type combinations, instead of another bunch of Bug/Flyings and Rock/Grounds. Gen 5 introduced some cool types, including Ground/Ghost and Fire/Bug, but I would still like to see:

Ice/Fire. (SR, I know, I know, but in-game, the stab Ice Beam and Flamethrower could be deadly)
    Water/Fire. Not sure how they'd pull that off, but an interesting combo anyway. Maybe a...Flaming Piranha, perhaps? :D
    Electric/Fighting. I have an image in my head of a little demon man sitting on a big thundercloud, similar to Lakitu's from Mario games, haha
    Grass/Dragon. This could be an interesting type, and I was hoping it was going to be Serperior's type before Black and White came out, but GameFreak let me down. This could possibly be Xerneas' type also, although it does look like it's part steel type.
  21. Quark

Quark

While cool, if you switch items with an opponent and the end up sleeping because of it, they'll probably be out the rest of the match. I feel it would be a bit OP unless it only worked for a set number of turns or only worked once. Snorlax was one of my favorite pokemon from gen 1 and I wish gamefreak would be a bit nicer to it. Also, munchlax isn't good enough to be his pre-evo, Snorlax needs no evolution line.

On another note, I think that Froakie becoming a maestro would be amazing.

@labarith
    I don't think they would be adding in such a powerful status if they add any. Looking at it from an in game point and not competitive, you now have a permanent status which acts like frozen or sleep to use on most legendary Pokemon.
    Maybe they could add a status which lowers special attack like a burn does for attack. Could be a headache or migraine possibly.

@flaming Piranha
    I think that electric/rock could be a cool type, don't know what to do for design though.
    for the water/fire, it could be a dolphin with a heat vent on its back that could evolve into a whale with a volcano chain, or a bunch of tube worms, the kind that gather around heat vents.
  22. Mario With Lasers

This must be the third time I do this, but I'd love to see Water/Fire being based on the Boitatá. It could even learn Dragon Dance!!!11!!

Tropius evo, Bananopius, Grass/Dragon, has Banana Meteor as its signature move.
  23. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Still waiting on the Normal/Ghost Schrodinger's Cat pokemon, gamefreak
  24. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Come on, she's not burned; she's just gone.
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

So...like this?

I know that's not what you meant though ;p I too would like to see an electric/fighting type.
  25. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

no. no. no. let (Sm) be speed of move (scaled up to the pokemons level) and (Sp) be speed of the pokemon (current stat) ans (S) be overall speed

[(.333*Sm)+(.666*Sp)]=S

therefore, speedy pokemon dont go last and are really hard out run even with fast moves. that's their advantage, they can use stronger moves that can KO better first.

True that it will slightly affect sweepers in their ability to sweep. but that's a good thing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)