1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

I want a Grass Dragon because it's weaknesses and resistances alone would be out of this world!
    Four regular weaknesses; Poison, Dragon, Flying, Bug
    One super weakness(4x damage); Ice
    One regular resistance; Ground
    Three super resistances(.25x damage); Grass, Water, Electric
    And neutral to eight types, meaning it doesn't get severely crippled by Dark, Steel or Psychic attacks, and Flamethrower ideally wouldn't OHKO or even 2HKO it.
    And just think. it could learn Solar Beam and get Draco Meteor tutoring.
  2. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Mad, mad love
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Then you change nothing, because all Pokemon would just start to use less powerful moves and the speed tiers would be pretty much exactly what they are now. If anything, you're making slower Pokemon even worse by forcing them to rely on weak moves. Please stop with this idea. It will never happen, and it isn't very good. It's way too complicated and it really doesn't do much of anything but cause an unnecessary amount of confusion.
  3. Quark

Quark

Grass/Dragon for the win!
    I am just thinking that its design should be amazing. I personally feel like it should be based of a dinosaur, and I would love sending out a giant brontosaurus to fight.

Or it could be Xerneas. I guess that would be cool to :)
  4. DeathCapsule

DeathCapsule

What pokemon do you guys hope for?
    I want:
    A Dolphin: my gosh Game Freak! The closest thing we got to one is Lanturn!
    Electric/Fighting: Again, there are several ideas storming in my head! A Mega-man/ generator combo is a certain one I want.
    An Ice Squid: I really want one of these, perhaps a beanie cap on it's base form?
    Poison/Steel: Particularly a trash can, that learns good moves but has poor attack and Sp. Attack but good defense stats
    Lapras Pre-evo: Lapras seems too... Final evolution- like
    An actual shadow of real pokemon: similar to the rumor between Clefable and Gengar, 2 new pokemon should be made one regular and a shadow version of it, or perhaps a pokemon that turns into a shadow with a held item
  5. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

wow...completely forgot about Thunderus, haha. My image must have been indirectly influenced by Thunderus' design then
  6. Yveltal

Yveltal

Doth I detect a growing support campaign for a Grass-Dragon SuperTropius?
    Because I'm totally on that bandwagon.
  7. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

And imagine that with Chlorophyll/Solar Power, HP Fire and growth, it would be an amazing sun sweeper
  8. Flareon

Flareon

+1 for SuperTropius.

Provided I get Flare Blitz, of course.

What about a Capybara pokemon? Raticate/Bibarel Evo?

Or a Sea Butterfly Water/Bug?

Here's something I'd like to happen, but probably won't: Introduce an additional Rotom Forme, a "TV" forme, where it has the same Base Stats as the other appliance forms, but it keeps it's Ghost/Electric typing, like in Platinum.
  9. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I want to see another Rock/Grass type, specifically an ironic Sudowoodo evo. You trade it holding the Sprayduck can, and it evolves into either a massive bonsai tree or a huge, petrified sequoia.
  10. labarith

labarith

That would be pretty brilliant.
  11. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

I want a panda, koala, cuddle fish, gorilla, a better elephant, komodo dragon,

and I want scyther to have a pre evo. that evolves into scyther and scizor
  12. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

We have a panda, though.[​IMG]
  13. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

That Abomination is no panda!
  14. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

[​IMG]

A Pokémon based on a brazilian creature would be awesome (I am brazilian). This Water/Fire could have Electric coverage and an ability that negated weather, like that of Rayquaza. It would be the best check to weather sweepers, and could revenge kill all of them with the apropriate move. This Pokémon could also be a staple on weatherless teams for this reason. It could also have Water Absorb as an ability. Seriously, a Pokémon that is immune/double resistant to the 2 types that are boosted by weathers, is pretty much the most amazing thing that you can get on a weather-dominated metagame.

A Dragon-type that could easily defeat Water-types would be amazing. The current Dragon-types can generally tank Water-type attacks without too much problems, but lack effective means of defeating bulky Water-types other than boosting their Dragon-type attacks, and OHKOing.

Another type combination that I hope is Ghost/Steel. Though it has already been discussed.

Apart from those, the combination that I hope more is Ice/Steel. Neutral to Stealth Rock, and resistant to Dragon, can easily defeat any Dragon-type, switching on their Outrages/Draco Meteors, and freezing them with its STAB Ice attacks. It would be unfortunately 4x weak to both Fire and Fighting, but this is easy to solve, ironically, with a Dragon-type partner, like Dragonite or Latias.
  15. labarith

labarith

Speaking of Spinda, we need some bug pokemon - either bees or butterflies - that take advantage of Spinda-tech to have, say, a dozen or so variations in wing or thorax colorscheme...
  16. Eol

Eol

Just kill IVs.

plz.

I think it would greatly open the wifi meatgame, when all you have to do is EV train (which is perfectly logical, possible if not easy to apply and still adds its touch of random to casual playthroughs).

IVs, on the other hand, are just cocksucking numbers spawn from hell that deliberately obligate us to spend countless hours on mindless bicycle runs to get THE perfect fucking egg. Made me want to quit pokémon forever.
  17. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

But but but

Hidden Power. D:
  18. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

This could made sense if they really introduced the new Saint type. They would have to change the IV mechanics anyway, because of Hidden Power. However, this could make incompatible the transference of Gen V Pokémon to Gen VI. It would really, however, greatly encourage playing on normal games instead of playing on simulators. This is not to say that I like this idea. IVs are needed because of Hidden Power, but they could then just change the way how Hidden Power type is determined.
  19. Garagara

Garagara

Here's a list of every type combo that hasn't been done, for poops and giggles;

Normal/ice
    Normal/Poison
    Normal/ground
    Normal/bug
    Normal/rock
    Normal/ghost
    Normal/dragon
    Normal/dark
    Normal/steel
    Fire/water
    Fire/grass
    Fire/ice
    Fire/poison
    Electric/Fighting
    Electric/poison
    Electric/Psychic
    Electric/Rock
    Electric/dark?
    Grass/ghost
    Grass/dragon
    Ice/fighting
    Ice/poison
    Ice/bug
    Ice/rock
    Ice/steel
    Fighting/ground
    Fighting/Flying
    Fighting/Ghost
    Fighting/dragon
    Poison/psychic
    Poison/rock
    Poison/dragon
    Poison/steel
    Psychic/bug
    Psychic/Ghost
    Psychic/dark
    Bug/Dragon
    Rock/Ghost
    Rock/dragon
    Ghost/steel

There's actually not very many, only 40. This is counting some that maaaaybe shouldn't be counted, like surskit and nincada.
  20. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I really want to have Water be paired with the Fire-type to soothe my mild OCD. Besides that, the other type I want completely filled is Grass...I mean, why can't we have had a Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dragon or Grass/Fire by now? They seem fairly easy to create.
  21. Basileus

Basileus

I would love to see more electric and fire type pokemon, I feel like there are so few viable electric pokemon nowadays. Maybe a few more dark types to...
  22. Professor Birch

Professor Birch Formerly Pokemasta77

I second this!
  23. j-squared

j-squared

Your list is missing some, just off the top of my head: Normal/Electric and Bug/Dark. I'm sure there are more you are missing.
  24. iKinkajou

iKinkajou

No doubt that this has been said before, but Froakie looks a lot like Benjamin Franklin. The game also happens to look like Pariz, a city Benjamin Franklin often visited in the American revolution. He also discovered the LIGHTning was not FIRE but rather a form of ELECTRICITY. He also part of the Americans FIGHTING the British.

Froakie confirmed water/light/electric type.

Pokemon confirmed trytypes
  25. TaiCrunch

TaiCrunch

Oh oh! A normal/ghost shaman Pokemon! They could base the design off A Native American jaguar spirit. Or Rafiki.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)