1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

I would love to see a Raticate evolution utilised by Champion Joey
  2. Shroomisaur

Shroomisaur Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

It's not like GameFreak *needs* an animal to be venomous for a Poison-type Pokemon to be based on it. Look at things like Infernape or Growlithe... does a monkey or a puppy seem like a Fire-type to you? Probably not, but we wound up with those Pokemon anyway. It seems that when Pokemon are designed, they first choose an animal/object for their basis, and THEN they choose an interesting type/theme for that Pokemon's design.

Anyway, I really like this discussion, all the ideas for new Pokemon are really interesting. Super-Bananadragon-Tropius-evo, yes please. And a Poison/Dragon would be wonderful as well. Some ideas I'd like to see are...

A Squid Pokemon, maybe Water/Dark, Water/Poison or such?

Or how about a Griffin Pokemon, that would be awesome. Flying/Fighting, or even Flying/Electric or pure Flying, I don't care. Make it happen!
  3. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Water/Steel could also be justified for a squid, since they can withstand extremely high pressures.

As for the horseshoe crab, that exists in the form of Kabuto/Kabutops. They are even Water/Rock!
  4. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

I don't think its really fair to compare Poison to Fire. Poison is already plenty common among animals and I think you'll find that most Poison Pokemon are based on something poisonous, or something that can be easily Game Freak Logicked to be; various plants, wasps, snakes, squids, spiders, pufferfish, skunks*, scorpions, toads, centipedes, mushrooms. The few that don't really fit are the moths and bats, and maybe Gengar's line (which isn't animal based anyway). Oh and... whatever the Nidos are supposed to be.

Fire on the other hand... obviously there aren't a wealth of animals that naturally lend themselves to Fire.

*see "Game Freak Logicked"
  5. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

I would LOVE IT if they introduced a dragon/fighting, a flying fighting, or even a steel/dragon in OU. I just can't wait to see how Gen VI will affect the metagame.
  6. Chastin

Chastin

I literally had a heart attack when I thought "Pokemon X2". You can think of that as "Pokemon times 2" or, god forbid, VARIABLES! Lets hope that GF isn't using a MATH theme. X and Y axises anyone?
  7. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Looking over the Hoenn dex (which I feel could use a few evolutions), I'd like to see a Banette evolution for another physical ghost, and possibly see Manectric gain an Electric/Dark wolf evolution. Also...

A Normal/Fighting Zangoose evolution would be cool. It was one of Hoenn's cooler designs and learns several Fighting moves, which allow it to eventually become a true fighting type given continued combat with Seviper. 80/121/70/80/70/109 stats would be great.

To go along with that, a Poison/Dragon evolution for Seviper. It would provide another chance for that cool typing, and Seviper is my favorite poison type as is. Its ongoing feud with Zangoose granted it tougher scales, sharper fangs, and a deadly blade, all dragon-esque characteristics. It would be based off a Basilisk, with stats of 83/110/70/115/70/82.

Finally, a Fighting/Ghost evolution for Medicham. Its mental and spiritual training complete, it has transcended into a higher existence, augmenting its special powers. 60/60/95/110/95/90 stats, it retains Pure Power, and I'm not sure what type of design. In the process, it would gain Aura Sphere.

I doubt these would happen, but I think they'd be cool.
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Actually, we've seen that the theme is more based on chromosomes and genes rather than axis on a plane, but that would still be impressive.

I think the sequel(s) will either be just Z or XX and XY.
  9. Basileus

Basileus

How about more evolutions for pokemon with only one or two stages? How would you guys all feel about that?
  10. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

You know, last gen I was actually hoping for Haxorus to be Dragon/Fighting, which would have been freakin' awesome!

I saw someone just mentioned that IVs should go away. In a way I kind of agree with that. It was beyond frustrating having to repeatedly breed pokemon just to get the desired IVs. If there was a less frustrating way to get pokemon to their max stats without doing this but still having a way where not everyone would actually do it, I'd be happy.
  11. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

I highly doubt IVs will disappear. Hidden Power aside, GF clings far too much to their "every pokemon is unique" mantra to drop IVs.
  12. Quark

Quark

Evolutions for seviper and zangoose would be great candidates for fighting/normal and fighting/poison types.

I feel that there should be some pokemon introduced to explain luvdisc and alomomola.

as for single and two stage mons, I kinda hope they leave many gen 1 and some gen 2 pokemon lines alone. They definitely need to leave some pokemon as single stage from those gens. I feel that I would welcome most evos/pre-evos for pokemon from gen 3 and on. Spinda could get a ying-yang based evolution, and I think that an evo for manectric sounds awesome. To go along with a medicham evo, I think that a Hariyama evo would be pretty funny. Mawile might be neat with an evo as well, and I think that castform might need an evo or some more buff to its ability, like a sandstorm form.
    Also...
    Super-Tropius :D
  13. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Like power items? Considering that they've already expanded what we can do with breeding, I could see them expanding that even further, making it even easier.
  14. Redjar

Redjar

I feel like people are forgetting that these forums are for Pokemon X and Y, not O and U.
  15. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

The Pokémon I most want an evolution for is Houndoom. It does alright-ish in UU, but I'd love to be able to use a badass Dark/Fire Pokémon in OU. Houndemon FTW!
  16. Shroomisaur

Shroomisaur Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

I've actually seen a nice fanart of a Water/Steel Squid, so I agree that would make a great new design. (As for Kabuto, I see your point. Don't ask me why I forgot about him. *sigh*)

My point was simply that if GameFreak *wants* to make a Poison/Dragon based on a Komodo, they will, regardless of reality! There are plenty Pokes of every type that aren't truly related to their typing, but they all work well.

Banette and Magnetric I fully support, but Seviper and Zangoose I don't feel will evolve because of their uniqueness. Medicham is already extremely powerful, although I really like the flavor of that idea.

By the way, nothing would make me happier than to see those archaic IVs disappear (even if that IS unlikely).
  17. 725roy

725roy

I honestly hope in X and Y that we get an elite four that instead of using types, uses battle styles, such as Double Battles, Rotation battles, and Perhaps even a weather user. A bit far fetched, I know, but I can dream can't I?
  18. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I'd love for Luvdisc to get a Water/Psychic or Water/Normal evolution.

Smeargle deserves a prevo, along with Kangaskhan, Tauros, Miltank, Tropius, Yanma, Qwilfish, and Druddigon.

I'd love to see Tropius, Druddigon, Chatot, and Kricketune get evolutions.

And I'd love to see a rise in the use of baby Pokémon in the beginning of this game, similar to what they did with Azurill in BW2. You start with the starter, and for the first gym or so all you encounter are baby Pokémon and weak first route stuff (like the bird and rodent).
  19. Yveltal

Yveltal

What if Durant gets an evolution?
    What if Heatmor gets a prevo?
    What if Delibird evolves?
    What if Kangas-chan gets turned into a thing?
    What if Girafarig evolves?
    What if Skarmory gets a prevo?
    What if Kirlia gets a third evolution to branch off from Gardevoir and Erlade?
    What if Sableye gets an evolution?
    What if Swoobat gets an evolutuion to catch up to Crobat?
  20. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

Still not a guaranteed way to max stats. And yeah...they have done a lot with BREEDING, and I'm surprised they've done that much. But the whole IV thing. I'm sure they could come up with other ways to make pokemon unique while not having this system. If they were talking about changing the battle system, would it be possible to have a change to that too?

Hmm....
  21. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

This is an excellent idea, especially with the happiness revamp making their evolution a bit more well-timed. DPPt tried this, but Chingling was essentially useless by the time you found it and you were better catching Roselia than Budew. Personally, I think Budew, Smoochum, and Azurill all make perfect candidates.
  22. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

The Kirlia evolution should be Psychic/Dark with 68/65/65/125/80/115
  23. labarith

labarith

A Water Elite 5 could easily use Drizzletoad, a Psychic TR, and the like.

As for "Styles", I want gyms 9-16 to be doubles Gyms, and the 2nd elite 4 to be doubles elite 4. And I want you to be able to challenge either "area" with a new team of 6 lv. 10 pokemon from the beginning, where the gym leader's pokemon levels are determined by the # of badges you'vre re-obtained with those pokemon.

I figure there should be a new ribbon that denotes both elite 4's first victory, and then a new ribbon that denotes both elite 4's "2nd runthrough" victory (while you could get the first pair on a single pokemon, the 2nd runthrough ribbon would require level 10 pokemon from the start, so unless you just don't level your pokemon up, you couldn't get both redo ribbons...

Queen Ant Steel/Bug makes sense. I hope it gives you bonuses for having a male durant in your party.
    Then you've wasted an evolution slot. If you mean a new evolution, sure.
    SuperSantaClaus is not a thing.
    Sure... I'm actually okay with this preevolution.
    Sure.
    No.
    Sure.
  24. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

What I want to see is convergent evolution; two different Pokemon evolving into the same one. :P
  25. labarith

labarith

Sure.

But its prior forms would need to have different movesets, to leave you guessing. And yeah, very few crossover moves...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)