1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infernis

Infernis

BW2's Challenge Mode adds another Pokemon to each gym leader and elite four member.

As for giving Pokemon silly movesets in game: my Throh knew Seismic Toss, Circle Throw, Storm Throw, and Vital Throw. Why? It made me giggle.

Annoying elemental monkey used Taunt! (Read: "Come at me, bro!")
    HRRRRRRRRRNG
    Hogan(Throh) used Circle Throw! (Read: "Duh, okay.")
  2. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I would love to see a Pokémon based off the Horned lizard, with maybe a final evolution being Rock/Dragon?
    [​IMG]

Also, the frilled lizard, like Lord Jesseus said. I can totally see it having intimidate and good defence stats. It would also look cool as hell in battle.

Edit: Sorry the picture's so big
  3. shockwave527

shockwave527

Great pokemon idea:
    Trubbish or Garbodor evolution with metal coat, evolves it into a poison/steel trash can pokemon. High Def and Sp. Atk.
  4. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

I get the Def, but why Special Attack? Wouldn't it be better to improve upon it's superior Atk stat?
  5. shockwave527

shockwave527

High attack, then.

Ability: Rotting core. Poisons any non-steel type.
    Great for anything that steals your ability.

(This is one of the Pokemon from my many list of Fakemon, but I could see them doing it.)
  6. ShyGuy1221

ShyGuy1221

I like that idea. Perhaps evolving into some sort of gargoyle like creature, though it's dual stabs would make it hard to fight steels. But that is what ground and fire coverage is for.

I also remember thinking of an acid pokemon whose only gimmick was having an ability or move that can poison steels. Decent offenses, pretty good defenses and the ability to badly poison steels. Don't think that is worthy of OU but could see use in lower tiers.
  7. CountBleck

CountBleck

If only we could have an attack that had it squirt blood from it's eyes like the real lizard did. .... Idk just make a new attack called eye lasers and give it to it because it would be awesome.

In all seriousness a pokemon based on this would be cool regardless.
  8. Yveltal

Yveltal

I want a pokemon based on something totally radical and not based in the world of animals.
    I want a gorgeous new flower poke based on dahlias.
    And I really want others based on matters and principles of physics and meteorology, like the doppler effect, hurricanes, and gravity!

Ok ok, here's a really bad idea. Tirple rotation battles. It uses the whole team of six at once, and you rotate them in three groups of two, or alternate with two groups of three. This way, there's little chance of surprising someone with your team, because your opponent will understand what to expect three seconds into the game. Another bad idea of mine is Pokemon Rock! It's a wonderful new distraction that replaces musicals and movies where your pokemon has to dress up like something out of an early Rolling Stones magazine and perform in an open-area venue for the reintroduced ribbons!
  9. CountBleck

CountBleck

I know this is a loooong ways off but, I'm going to laugh really really hard if they add in quadruple battles in gen 7. Please dear Arceus let it stop at 3
  10. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Such as? Now I'm curious.

Nope. They have until, like, April or June for that. They still have to beta test, translate the game to half a dozen languages, then there's the whole retail process...

This is something that bothers me, actually. Breeding, soft-resetting legendaries for good IVs, racking up Battle Points, EVing a pokémon etc etc take time. I simply cannot give a shit about these things while playing in-game. In any other RPG, I tend to overlevel at the end or whatever because I half-roleplay and like everyone in my team to "be kewl" for the final battle, but that's impossible in Pokémon, as it doesn't really have an end (the Champion is more of a threshold, I don't know). So, I may care about the moves my pokémon know, not pick a shitty ability/nature for them, try to not use 100% useless pokémon but that's it. Anything else would be boring, be unnecessary, take up time and, well, turn my team into a bunch of tools, as someone else said. Those things should really only be addressed after the Champion, while preparing for Wi-Fi competition or whatever. Before the Champion, you simply don't have enough resources and will bore your in-game experience quite fast.
  11. Ryanide

Ryanide

I know this game is set in France and not Aus, but...

I want a Platypus pokemon. The male and female look similar, but the male is a water/poison type while the female is water/normal.

Also a Rock/flying or rock/dark gargoyle pokemon would be nice.
  12. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Are you.... talking...... about...... digimon? Jk, but there actually is a digimon, sukamon I think, that evolved like that to my memory. Also I think Muk would work better as the poisonous liquid metal pokemon, but then again, that reminds me of liquid metal slimes in DQ.
  13. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Psyduck.
  14. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Liquid metal muk evolution yes please! I always liked muk and hoped he would get some nice tricks in new gens, and would be an option too boost posion types which are still left behind.
  15. Hamstern

Hamstern

Just because its set in france doesn't mean we can't have a Platypus pokémon =) 5th gen had cofagrigus after all..

I'm mostly just want to have that hamster pokémon I've been longing for :/ Preferebly one that doesn't suck. They could base it off a European hamster and make it Dark/figthting or a fluffy longhaired Syrian hamster and make if Fire/ground :)

Edit: Or they can make if Flying/fighting! It could levitate/fly by filling its cheak pouches with air, cause it would make sense in the pokémon world >_>
  16. Christopher

Christopher

If the Norse based legendaries theory is correct then I think we can assume Legendary Z will be dragon/grass, since it's supposed to be based off of a serpent dragon that lives under the giant tree and gnaws at it's roots. But I guess Gamefreak doesn't have to stick with the legend entirely. If this theory is wrong I would love to see a grass/dragon based on the komodo dragon that everyone was talking about. I found this fakemon a few days ago but I think it fits the bill.

[​IMG]

The artist has it as a pure grass type but I think Grass/Dragon suits it better. It's based off of the komodo dragon (obviously) and dragon fruit. The artist has this as a last evolution but I don't know I could see it as a middle stage. So personally, I would be happy with this or a super tropius that kills everything.

If the games are based on DNA and chromosomes then I would love to see a form of girafarig where the black part of the body is in control. Or maybe just an evolution would do. Maybe gamefreak can add a tie some knots to existing pokemon that already exist like luvdisc to alomomola or marowak/cubone to kangaskahn.
  17. CRASHiC

CRASHiC

Thinking about what would improve my pokemon in game experience the most, what I want changed is the limit on 150 pokemon prior to the elite 4. I'd like a more dynamic and varried world that offers me more choices in my team build throughout the game. I can't help but feel the limitation on 150 or so really dampers my ability to push through the early game experience. Reguardless of what types, evolutions, features, and pokemon we get this generation, this is the change I want the most.
  18. Ryanide

Ryanide

Psyduck's not a platypus. It's a duck. And Golduck is a Kappa. Both of them distinctly lack a beaver-tail which is one of the platypus's defining characteristics.
  19. shockwave527

shockwave527

New info on the starters! It's not much or anything we haven't guessed yet, but it's official artwork, which shows us the types of the first forms of the starters.

[​IMG]
  20. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

I don't think there was any doubt regarding the first forms of the starters being mono-typed. GF does not stray from this; most speculation was about typing gained from the second stage onward.
  21. b2j135

b2j135

Oh looks...it's the Triforce!
    Serious, Power and the top, Wisdom on the right and Courage on the left...I see wut you did that Gamefreak ;)
  22. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

^Off-topic, but Wisdom is bottom left, Courage bottom right.

Though it could be cool if the final evos were based off this somehow.
  23. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

On another note:
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, this Pokemon needs some loving, and this it how ot can be done:
    • First, a there is just a dire need for a Sandy form, so that all weathers are represented for.
    • Second, some people are saying that Castform needs an evolution to be successful, but I disagree. I think it should remain unevolved so it wouldn't lose its charm. However, something can still be done to make it competitively viable. You know Darmanitan? When it changes to Darmanitan-Z because of Zen Mode, not only does its base stat distribution change, but it even gains 60 points in BST. Castform can do the same. Castform has 70HP/70Atk/70Def/70SpA/70SpD/70Spe. Make it have stats of 70HP/50Atk/50Def/120SpA/50SpD/120Spe upon transformation and we are good to go!
  24. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Nah, Castform would probably be happy if Forecast not only changed his form but gave him a 50% boost to all stats or something.
  25. GRs Cousin

GRs Cousin

Dawww, those derpish Castforms.

I agree completely with a sandy form. There are no specially-inclined Rock-types in existence (unless you count CAP's Stratagem), so that alone would give Castform a niche in sandstorm teams. The boosted stats, however, are a little eh. Yes, it would make it viable, but for a little artificial guy like Castform to get 460 simply from being in weather seems like a little much. Retconning it to have that much would be arguably even worse. The better way to go about buffing up Castform is its moves and forms.

Basically, if we get Fog back as a weather, as well as the aforementioned sandy form and possibly a new weather (Poison-type Acid Rain?), that alone would boost Castform's versatility in the weather-wars. If Weather Ball was boosted up to 60 rather than 50, it'd have a pretty good semi-signature move, factoring in STAB and the weather doubling it to 120.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)