1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazi

Blazi

"Sandy" weather isn't weather at all. Sandstorms exist because of the (very strong) wind, but the sand itself has nothing to do with the weather. Gamefreak will only make a new form if they implement a new kind of weather (Defog / something with wind perhaps?).

I do agree with your second point though, Castform is definitely unique, but could use a boost.
  2. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Bug/Dark
    Bug/Dragon
    Bug/Ice
    Bug/Normal
    Bug/Psychic
    Bug/Water(surskit isn't around for very long)
    Dark/Electric
    Dark/Normal
    Dark/Psychic
    Dragon/Fighting
    Dragon/Grass
    Dragon/Normal
    Dragon/Poison
    Dragon/Psychic
    Dragon/Rock
    Electric/Fighting
    Electric/Normal
    Electric/Poison
    Electric/Psychic
    Electric/Rock
    Fighting/Flying
    Fighting/Ghost
    Fighting/Ground
    Fighting/Ice
    Fire/Grass
    Fire/Ice
    Fire/Normal
    Fire/Poison
    Fire/Water
    Ghost/Grass
    Ghost/Normal
    Ghost/Psychic
    Ghost/Rock
    Grass/Ice
    Ground/Normal
    Ice/Normal
    Ice/Poison
    Ice/Rock
    Ice/Steel
    Normal/Poison
    Normal/Rock
    Normal/Steel
    Normal/Water
    Poison/Psychic
    Poison/Rock
    Poison/Steel
    So 45 unused types huh? Here's hoping we get at least 10 of these knocked out this gen.
  3. Deglas

Deglas

Omastar is sad you forgot about him.
  4. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

My thoughs on this, but i doubt they will introduce all of the remaining types or even most of them. It seems very likely that the starters could have new typings though. And the Legends are so weird that they might too.
  5. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Ah, I knew I'd screw up somewhere. Yeah, the lati's and Abomasnow line mean there are 43 unused types.

Though I'm warming up to the idea of saint(light) type... it would mean extending this list, lol.
  6. Infernis

Infernis

Surskit technically takes that down to 42. Why did Masquerain have to be another bug-flying Pokemon, Gamefreak? Surskit was such a radass.
  7. Yveltal

Yveltal

More votes for SuperTropius! At this point, I kind of want to make that one up with the CAP community, as I've already got some ideas for what an evolved banana-mon would look like.
    But a grass-dragon komodomon would satisfy more people...

Nope. This part isn't happening. there's a reason that zebras don't mature into stallions; they're part of the same family or order, but that doesn't mean they share a strong evolutionary bond. Luvdisc and Alomomola are based on two very different fish, and cubone being the lost KangasChan will always be wishful thinking
  8. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Haha, that's an amazing idea. Maybe with a higher special attack, it can hit harder with its more viable special movepool, including Giga Drain, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Psychic and Hidden Power.
  9. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Where on the world Ice/Steel is an awful typing? It would very likely be the best check to Dragon-types, if it had good speed and defenses to tank boosted Outrages or/and Draco Meteors, where the resistance would help very much. The 4x weakness to Fire and Fighting sucks, but hey, it would still be one of the few viable Ice-types. Having more resistances than weakness, unlike other Ice-types. Notably, a 4x resistance to Ice, and resistance to Dragon, as well as, oh my god, neutrality to Rock, something that other Ice-types would kill their mother to have.
  10. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

Ice/Fighting meh?What the fuck are you smoking?
  11. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Wow wow. Ice/Steel having x4 weakness to fighting and fire just instantly means its definitely not the best dragon check nor is it potentially viable in ou. Weak to ground is bad too. The only thing good about it is resist dragon and being neutral to rock. But cant a Ice Punch Metagross acomplishe the same thing?
  12. Dark Fallen Angel

Metagross does not have STAB on Ice attacks, and receiving STAB on Ice + being Steel-type would make an OU viable Pokémon if it just had good movepool and stats. There are many Steel-types with 4x weakness to Fire, that this wouldn't matter that much on affecting its status s best check to Dragons, as there are many Steel-types that are considered checks to Dragons, yet they have crippling weakness to Fire and/or Fighting, e.g. Ferrothorn. The Ice typing would just mean being capable of disposing of them quickly.

Remember that rain can also somewhat alleviate this weakness to Fire.
  13. Jean mi

Jean mi

"Ice/Fighting meh?What the fuck are you smoking?"

My thoughts exactly, that would make an ice type viable other than Mamoswine.

"Fire/Grass Awful typing, very likely"

Awful typing really ? Neutral to water and ice and resist electric so it would be a great check to water and electric types. Neutral to bug and ground which is nice. The only bad thing is the weakness to rock but it's not enough for an "awful typing".
    Grass and fire may be bad types defensively but the combination of the 2 doesn't seem bad at all.
    There is a grass/fire type in CAP, it's Pyroak, it doesn't seem bad at all.
  14. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

I dont think having ice typing is a good thing. Having Ice attacks is a good thing though. You can say STAB ice all you want but ill say that Dragonite can survive any ice attack not called blizzard and the most common attack used against the other dragons to check them is ice shard which is always a 2hko regardless of stab. Having 2 4X weakness is too much for a pokemon so it would probably needs a insane movepool and high stats to be viable.

Jean mi: When i say meh i mean i think a pokemon with this typing will have a boring design. And Fire/Grass seems awful since fire removes grass resistance to water and ground and gives it a rock weakness.
  15. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

http://pokebeach.com/2013/01/chespin-fennekin-and-froakies-types-revealed

Upvotes to the left.
  16. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

I'd love to see an Ice/Fighting Snow Lemur or Baboon as part of a 2-stage line that begins with a baby chimp. Not only would it be good in OU, but it would also be pretty cool flavor wise.
  17. labarith

labarith

Bug/Dragon is "Very Probable" on your view? Really? For *&^&*&(*'s sake.
  18. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Fine *Likely*. Screw this grammar though =P.
  19. labarith

labarith

It's actually unlikely.

Types are, roughly, of 3 kinds:
    1. Species - Dragon, Bug, Grass (kinda)
    2. Element - steel, fire, water, flying, etc.
    3. Power/alignment/etc (could fit in element, but feels off) - psychic, dark, fighting

I actually see grass as kind of an "element" more than species (since it's actually "any plantlife" and thus as whole category of species itself), thus explaining why both bug/grass exists and why dragon/grass would be plausible (just think a dragon covered with moss).

Having a bug/dragon would be like having a lizard/goat. It's not going to happen unless they're really interested in filling out type combinations, and even then it's probably one of the last ones they'd desire to do thematically.
  20. Jean mi

Jean mi

"And Fire/Grass seems awful since fire removes grass resistance to water and ground and gives it a rock weakness."

If it has good defenses, it can take neutral hits. Ferrothorn would take hits better I know but grass/fire would also be a good dual STAB coverage, something that Ferrothorn doesn't have. I can see a good tank set with this typing. It could also be a great sun abuser.
  21. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Honestly, I'd love for Flygon to be Bug/Dragon and simply gain a default immunity to ground attacks and Sandstream.
  22. Dark Fallen Angel

Grass is not a bad type defensively. Fire is, but the combination of the two is amazing. This typing would be, however, perfect for a Chlorophyll sweeper. STAB on Fire attacks would make him destructive, not to mention freeing up a slot, on a sun team. Normally, you would have to use two moveslots: one for a Fire-type Pokémon (other than Ninetales), and the another for a Chlorophyll sweeper. A Fire-type Chlorophyll sweeper solves this problem, and can open a moveslot for something that offers defensive synergy, like Dragon-types.

This is speaking from the Grass-type point of view. From the Fire-type point of view, it removes the Water- and Ground-type weakness, in exchange for the resistance to Ice-, Fire-, and Bug-type attacks, which is a fair price to pay. It's good news to him. Being weak to Rock attacks is unfortunate, but this and Flying-type attacks would be its only relevant weakness, and even then, you don't see much Flying-type attacks apart from Hurricane, which has lower accuracy on the sun. It would be one of the only two Fire-types that don't fear Water-types (alongside Rotom-H), instead being capable of taking them down itself.

STAB on Ice-type attacks helps here, increasing the chances to occur an OHKO. For example, your Pokémon only need an SpA about as high as that of Rotom-F to OHKO with Ice Beam, assuming that your Pokémon have STAB on it, and a Life Orb. If you have an SpA about as high has that of Glaceon, you have huge chance to OHKO without a boosting item. This is all assuming that Multiscale has not been broken. So, an Ice/Steel with about 100 to 130 SpA, a decent speed, and defenses to switch on a boosted Outrage/Draco Meteor, would be viable on OU.
  23. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

All of that assumes good stats in the right places. But enough i got your point. Anyway i dont see why Dragon/Bug wouldnt be likely considering Flygon is pretty much it in disguise. Maybe GF learned from its mistakes of giving pokemons nonsense typing.
  24. BigZac

BigZac

After thinking about it, i really want a Dragon/Fighting pokemon now.

Regardless of how broken it could potentially be.
  25. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

The thing is, pretty much every Dragon has a Fire, Ground or Fighting move for getting past Steels and Ice/Steel is weak to all of these. It's *double weak* to two of them. Whenever it switches in, you'd be taking a massive gamble.
    On another note, I agree that Grass/Fire would be an excellent Chlorosweeper (pretty please, GameFreak?) Though it could possibly be banned depending on just how much it had going for it. And Ice/Fighting would be great. Because then we could have 4 OU Ice-types. 4!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)