1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Why not just make 3 separate pokemon entirely?
  2. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

I want Delibird to turn into the most OP pokemon in existence.

They could give it both a prevo and an evo, and make the evo a 600 BST Ice/Flying type with Vital Spirit/Sheer Force/Guts. If it learned Icicle Crash it would be even better.
  3. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Because the point of the concept is to make a pokemon that evolves based on the player's playstyle, never becoming something you might drop later since it became something you dislike, like a person's magnetrio evolving into magnetzone, with it's changed stats, or another example. It's not a great idea, but I like the idea of a pokemon that you get no second chances to change, and becomes different based on the playstyle.
  4. Lugiatina

Lugiatina

This might be off topic but we might finally get the Original Dragon this generation.
  5. Count Bleck

Count Bleck

But Players eventually do this anyway. Everyone knows that they will drop that Purrlion as soon as they get past Route 4. :/
  6. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Crazy Ideas (refined and reposted from earlier):
    - Flying types in Generation 6 are now immune to all types of entry hazards
    - Gust removes entry hazards
  7. Count Bleck

Count Bleck

My only hope ids that certain pokemon get there rightful dues and get evos or buffed, Mawhile in particular.
  8. Basileus

Basileus

This would probably put Staraptor in OU (where it should be).
  9. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

I realized that count bleck, but wishful thinking. There is something we haven't picked apart yet though..... someone follows you in one part of the video. Who are they? Are they important to the story? Are they bringing back tag team areas? I hope they are. I liked playing through the forest with a partner, and bw2 added a few, so it might be something they'll implement more seriously this time.
  10. Basileus

Basileus

600bst? why not 700? hell, make it 1,000!

Smogon, what does the scouter say about delibirds BST?

It's over 9,000!!!!!!!!
  11. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Pokemon I want to get new Evos:
    - Torkoal
    - Mawile
    - Delibird
    - Sableye
    - Zangoose
  12. Basileus

Basileus

Guys, I hear all this junk about giving pokemon more evolutions, but some pokemon were just meant to have one stage.

Also, speaking of one stage, I think they should give Zangoose poison heal this generation, thoughts? (This is also an example of how pokemon can get help without evolving).
  13. Count Bleck

Count Bleck

I agree with almost everything on your list. almost. My only problems are the pokemon that are bolded. And all of thm have the same reason:Evoilite

Evoilite Prankster Sableye with Recover? a Torloal with 280 def. and 140 Sp.D? Super haxsparce? I'll pass on those.
  14. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

-game exclusive, sort of dropped already
    -hopefully
    -same as mawile, it could have a chance, but probably not
    -too gimmicky, though I think a evo with poison wave that could work with zangoose in double battles would be sweet.
    -too gimmicky
    -too gimmicky
    -I have no idea what they woud do. It's a coalelanth. Not much that can be done. It's unchanging.
    -No, it's too late at this point, note many things that got new evolutions often got a prevo dangled as well earlier, and had potential.
    -I wish so badly. Someday. Someday.
    -Octillery got messed up. They want to act like it doesn't exist, more likely.
    -Yes, that would make some sense, but once again I doubt.
    -It had it's chance in gen 3-4, and ended up with nothing. Actually, if you got a pre evolution in gen 3-4 and didn't have a evo already, you were already going down.
  15. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

Sure, but the Dream World (however awesome) almost crossed the line. While it's alright with each Pokemon already getting up to three different abilities, it would be difficult to think of another way to give something a fourth ability.
  16. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Just realized: if Gyarados actually had a usable Flying-type move, it would be the bane of fighting types everywhere. I hate when Pokemon have a secondary type that's just useless and Gyarados's doesn't even make sense. Anyway, I think I kind of understand what Bashfrog is saying. Getting to choose the base stats of your pokemon would be kind of cool, like a special Dragonite or physical Alakazam would be cool and would mix up the game mechanics. I just don't think GameFreak would do something like that though.
  17. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Got this from Reddit pokemon section: (hid it because its a large image)
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

If this is real, which I think it may be, it'll be revealed tomorrow. Seems way too good to be true, but you never know with leaks.

Reference: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/16myox/someone/c7xiaog

A person from reddit got this from 2chan, which has been a great place for a lot of leaks in the past.

Chespin
    Chespike
    Chespear (Grass/Dark)

Chesnut + pin, Chesnut + spike and Chesnut + Spear. Pretty cool. Physical attacker Grass/Dark sounds pretty sweet.

Fennekin
    Flannec
    Fernox (Fire/Psychic)

I don't really know what the name means.

Froakie
    Ribbub
    Froabanet (Water/Fighting)

Same thing as Fennekin line, I have no clune. Fro is from Frog, but what is abanet?

Finches are in the first route or near it. May have a male and female form.

X is Grass/??? and Y is Dark/???
  18. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

I really like a Torkoal evo that had a secondary rock or steel type, that would be cool for a defensive fire type and Eviolite Torkoal would be bulky as hell. Mawile too, although I, for some odd reason, think it would probably get a prevo before an evo. Delibird does desperately need an evolution, and a strong one at that. Delibird would be the new Magikarp, you only have one to get the evolution from it. Eviolite Sableye is not so good though, it would be ridiculously hard to KO. Zangoose already has a prevo, so I'm not sure it would get another evo. It would definitely be interesting though.
  19. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Ohhhhhh, chespin's had is pointed, like a spear,which could mean it's evos might capitalize on that, since dark types do often use sharp claws or other parts as weapon of choice.
  20. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

I am really curious as to what Froakie's line means.

It says its Water/Fighting, that much makes sense to me and makes me incredibly happy.

Froakie (Frog/Froth + Croak)
    Ribbub (Ribbit + Bubble)
    Froabanet (Frog/Froth + ???)
  21. Basileus

Basileus

but dark/grass is so weak to basically everything ;__;
  22. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

To elaborate on this, I have translated the full text (bold is the Japanese version of the name)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Coming soon"
    Pokemon X · Y

Aienki region

Kasumaron / Chespike
    Yarimaron / Chespear
    Grass and Dark type:

Honoko / Flannec
    Ferunoko / Fernox
    Fire and Psychic type:

Kerobabu / Ribbub
    Juumatsu / Froabanet
    Water and Fighting type:

Atorubi / Finchett
    Atoruee / Finches form X
    Atoruno / Fincho form Y

Legendary Pokemon
    Grass Zeruneasu? ? ?
    Iberutaru flame? ? ?
    Zanaruoru rock / Zanarol ·? ? ?
    Private railway steel / Dereyn
    Runaseki rock / Lunyrite
    Sikasso flame / Stapyre
  23. Yveltal

Yveltal

Stop right there. There is nothing random about their type selections. Every pokemon is given a type that somehow ties in with its etymology. Infernape and Emboar are based on two of the three demons from Journey to the West, so their attributes match up because the game designers thought they should have a correlation to each other.
    Random? Random would kill them.
  24. shockwave527

shockwave527

Idea

Torkano
    Fire/Rock
    Torkoal with a full volcano on it's back.
  25. shockwave527

shockwave527

In this or the original, where does it say this would be announced TOMORROW?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)