1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quickster

Quickster

Sorry for the late reply, but I think everything has already been covered. Chespin's attack looks identical to Aerial Ace, not Night Slash. Fennekin's attack could very well be a Psychic type attack, but it also might not be. Not to mention it could be Extrasensory, which is a move given to more non-Psychic types than Psychic types. Froakie's attack looks like a new attack, if anything. And as for the motive behind showing the attacks, could it not just be to show off more attacks on the new hardware? Attacks =/= Type. For example, if Snivy was shown using Leaf Tornado and Slam, would that make it a Normal type? While what you say is certainly a possibility, it is only one of hundreds of possibilities. Lastly, we mustn't forget that this is Game Freak we are dealing with here; they could just be trolling us.

Hopefully no one else will take your ignorant view and cast out all other reasonable possibilities. Unless you can show some definitive proof that the attacks shown are what you say they are, please don't act like your view is fact.
  2. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Also, one thing that I'd love to see in X/Y: More dynamic music. My favourite memory from B/W was talking to the people in Accumula Town and hear how the background music changed. Village Bridge is also epic when you get all four musicians up and playing.

I imagine a place in a major city. A place you visit often, such as Nimbasa City in B/W or Goldenrod in G/S/C. When you first arrive, a single guy stands there, softly playing his trusty violin. It may be in a silent place (empty building) or on the street, playing in tandem with the city background music. He is lonely because he has nobody to play with, and ask you, a traveller, to ask around in the region for other people who like to play music.

In the next town, you find a guy with another instrument (flute, clarinet, trumpet, bass, what have you), standing silent because he has nobody to play with. When you talk to him, you tell him about the other musician, and he heads to the city to join him. The next time you visit the place, the two stand there, playing their song together.

And so it goes. In the cities, at landmarks, inside forests and caves ("I came here to practise. I wish I had somebody to play with."), even at the Pokémon league. All over the region, there are people with a desire to join a band, each with a different instrument (some instruments might show up twice). Some could even be version-exclusive, and appear in Pokémon centres after you trade/battle with people who own the other version. Perhaps some could also be event-exclusive.

Eventually, the band grows to a large orchestra. That first guy with the violin could also act as the Relic Song tutor. And at a certain time every week (Say, totally random, 20:00 on Saturdays), there could be a concert with classic tunes from the Pokémon games. I'd buy the game just for that. And imagine people in the audience...
    "Yo! Champ in the making! ...oh, sorry, I tend to say that to people. You sure look like a champ, though!" *hands out accessory*
    "Want to look at my Rattata? I believe it's among the top percentage of all Rattata!"
    "Excuse me... my eyesight has gone poor over the years. Are you a boy, or are you a girl?" *hands out accessory depending on reply*
    etc.

GameFreak, give us some throwbacks! Add a place to the games where we can walk down memory lane. Acknowledge the rich history the Pokémon series has built up over the past fifteen years. Super Smash Bros. has an entire section dedicated to nostalgia. HGSS had the "Gameboy Sounds" item which did nothing but create pure awesome. I think there is room for some in future Pokémon games too.
  3. Quickster

Quickster

I watched the full Pokemon Direct video last night and the part that hit home the most was when the Kanto Route music played. Damn, it's nostalgic as hell. B/W music is great too but isn't great. There needs to be more killer rhythms rather an excess of electronic sounds, imo.
  4. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

It was obtained from a 2chan post. I assume you have never used an image board site before.

Yeah, it seems very likely to be true. Its a great hoax if it really is one.
  5. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

[​IMG]

no snowflakes, only water. people will see what they want but there's only water
  6. labarith

labarith

While I really like that in theory... codingwise, it'd basically be like giving the pokemon a new ribbon, except the ribbon would have an in-game, out of battle effect.

However, I think we're too attached to Surf and HMs being in-game moves.

I'd rather see a push for HM moves to make them viable. Making Strength a Close Combat variant, for example, would be pretty strong, or a physical normal hydro pump. Cut, I think, should either "always be a critical hit", and thus an interesting alternative to Return and Strength, or perhaps make it a utility move insofar as it cuts down something else... what, I don't know. Making it a less-powerful normal Brick Break is an option, but I'd prefer there be something else that it's cutting... perhaps it can destroy items... but that would really mess up Knock Off. Maybe it can destroy certain items???

Fly is already pretty good... in theory... at least in multiple battles, so yeah...

It's not a rorschach test; you're just in denial. For *^*&(&;s sake.
  7. shockwave527

shockwave527

I realize that, I just wanted to know if it was possible for them to do and if there was some type combination it could work with.
  8. Yveltal

Yveltal

Somebody was asking for the 2chan claims, so:

http://kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/poke/1357728476/6
    http://kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/poke/1357728476/

Here's some of them, with a sketchy translation from earlier on in this thread:
    Show Hide
    >Steel Saint(light?) X legendary
    >Dark Fire Y legendary
    >Dark Saint Z legendary

>Dark and Dragon type V legendary (something about Vice)
    >Dragon type W legendary (World Dragon)

>Ground Bug type (Sandora)
    >Poison Rock type (Poigan)
    >Fighting Flying type (Eadosu)

>A pokemon without a type?

>(something story related, Nine legendaries + three pantoms?), Game is set in Europe.
    >New types Sound and Saint(light?),
    >they are reviewing weaknesses and strengths. Either says it will be a drastic change or it wont be a drastic change, cant tell.
    >Team Sigma's boss is a woman. Using the power of science on Pokemon, she wants to dominate the world.
    >Some Pokemon can combine. (very vague)
    >Pokemon that can combine can be put in a case. (I think it's something about a special way of handling combined Pokemon, not sure)
    >Starters final evos will be Water/Sound, Grass/Fighting and Fire/something(trying to figure that one out)
    >N will appear after the League in a certain location. Office Jenny(wut?) arrives on the scene.

With thanks to Cynical Giant, we have this from Reddit via 2chan:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

and here's a rough translation of it
    Show Hide

"Coming soon"
    Pokemon X · Y

Aienki region

Kasumaron / Chespike
    Yarimaron / Chespear
    Grass and Dark type:

Honoko / Flannec
    Ferunoko / Fernox
    Fire and Psychic type:

Kerobabu / Ribbub
    Juumatsu / Froabanet
    Water and Fighting type:

Atorubi / Finchett
    Atoruee / Finches form X
    Atoruno / Fincho form Y

Legendary Pokemon
    Grass Zeruneasu? ? ?
    Iberutaru flame? ? ?
    Zanaruoru rock / Zanarol ·? ? ?
    Private railway steel / Dereyn
    Runaseki rock / Lunyrite
    Sikasso flame / Stapyre

But I just like keeping personal track of these rumors :3
  9. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Here is a better translation:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  10. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

It looks like the translated image of that leak has Yveltal's type wrong. Those characters indicate it's Fire/???.
    This indicates the box legendaries have a Fire>Grass>Rock triangle (though secondary types are unknown), while the other trio on there has a Fire/Steel/Rock triangle. GameFreak does like doing stuff like that, thiugh those seem very similar.
    Also, the alleged "Finchett" evolurions could be formes based on the version (which is what everyone seems to think), but X and Y could also denote gender. Though why those would be used rather than the 'male' and 'female' symbols baffles me if that's right.
  11. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

They translated it wrong. The character is the same for Dark, since you can compare it directly with the character describing the type of Chespin/Chespike/Chespear.

Gender specific and game specific forms at the same time? Oh GameFreak you really want us to trade don't you.

X is Grass/??? and Y is Dark/??? while Z is Rock/???
  12. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

No? Trust me, that says Yveltal is Fire/???. It's even internally consistent; look at the Fennekin line's typing on it. It's Fire.
  13. Yveltal

Yveltal

-Points to Cynical Giant-
    He's got the connections for the second half. I'd pay better attention to him <.<

ps
    They use different kanji for "evil" and "flame" in the japanese game continuity

this--> あくタイプ translates directly into "evil type" あく (悪) "aku" or evil
    this-->ほのおタイプ translates into "flame type"
    ほのお (炎) "hono" or flame
  14. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Wrong again.

Chespear is Grass/Dark right according to the original image right?

X is Grass/???
    Y is Dark/???

[​IMG]

I literally just reposted what another user posted (Dark Fallen Angel). I got the original 2chan link from a friend who frequents reddit a lot.
  15. Pink Panzer

Pink Panzer

I'd like to see a Psychic/Dark Girafarig evolution, and maybe a Normal/Ghost Stantler evolution. They could be version exclusives, with Stantler in X and Girafarig in Y. And Delibird in Z, of course.
  16. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

Ah, sorry. I pulled that from the second image. 2ch isn't loading on my GamePad so I didn't know which one was the original. I assumed the "better translated" one was the right one.
  17. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

Are you upset at the lack of snowflakes? Or that I don't see what you see? 'Cause ya know when lots of snow is thrown at a target it splashes over it like water...or maybe the heat from Pansear is melting it as it approaches?
  18. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

So, confirming, this is the original image? If so, where's the full original 2chan link or a Reddit post with the full image? I don't not believe you or the Internet, I just want to see the original myself.
  19. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

it is amazing that people think this is true solely because it's relatively reigned in.
  20. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

I love the orchestra idea and would love to see it implemented It reminds me of Mother 4's (fan game)level up jingles-- each character has its own and when multiple characters level up at the same time they play together.
  21. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

Oh for fuck's sake, when I saw this rumor on Reddit, I thought, "surely they'll be smart enough not to automatically believe this on Smogon." Guess I was wrong.
  22. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

Glad to see I'm not alone on the "it's just an ordinary water type move goddamit" train. Was beginning to worry that I was the only sane person left...

Anyway, as for the leak, I'm on the skeptical boat. I won't deny that it's a pretty well designed fake if it is one. It's rare that fake leaks can actually keep a rein on what they reveal instead of putting all the balls out insane ideas they can fit in it. It's also nice that for once it's not partnered with some fishy backround story like "I work for a friend of a friend who gave this to me!" which totally ignores the nature of the video game industry (they take leaks VERY goddamn seriously, anyone admitting to leaking something is practically giving up their job).

But all this could simply mean someone was being smart about how they made the fake. Really there's no way to tell for sure until we see an official release, which kind of defeats the purpose of a leak for us anyway eh? I will say that if it was faked they timed their reveal perfectly; just as everyone is getting so desperate for new information they start seeing snow flakes in water gun :P
  23. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

Granted the leak is probably not real but no one can know for sure. Why do people need to bash others for entertaining the idea of it being real? The worst thing that happens is that it is a fake but it gave us something to maul over while we wait for real information. BW had a ton of leaks that we refused to believe. See the black white anime drawings or the spanish guy that I only remember as M dragon's friend having the sprites and types of all the new pokemon. Shooting down others unlikely speculation just so that you can say I told you so later in no way makes you look smarter or adds to the conversation.

As for the water thing, I am of the pure water gun camp with froth. I feel like they wanted froth to add to it just being a blue beam. But with all the froth being the same shape lead to appearance as snowflakes.

Has anyone have yet to figure out the origins Froakie's "proposed" final evolutions name?
  24. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

It has been confirmed that Xerneas is at least Grass type, Yveltal is at least Fire type, and Zanarol is Rock.
  25. Basileus

Basileus

What if some Japanese guy just made a prediction and posted it on Reddit for fun? That is also a possibility for the "leak." Meanwhile, I have made a few adjustments to my "New, stronger, better HM moves" for gen six:

5 HMs in total.

1. Cut: +1 priority, goes down to 40Bp
    2. Strength: 100Bp
    3. Surf: 30 chance confusion (or flinch, I haven't decided which is less OP)
    4. Fly: no turn to wait for attack
    5. Waterfall: Already strong enough as it is

1 is so that more pokemon can have an option of learning an attack like Quick attack (You can even change the name to quick cut or something like that if you must)

2 is because strength should be the highest Bp HM
    (because its even CALLED strength, I mean really guys.)

3 and 5 is so that surf can compete with waterfall (and scald) as a viable move, and so that waterfall isn't too OP.

4 is so that Flying types have a no-recoil alternative to BB

I think this would make HMs more viable but not OP, what do you guys think of these new HMs for gen six?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)