1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinccino

Cinccino

Suddenly think of Renamon and have a bad feeling for Fennekin :(
  2. soulless shadow

soulless shadow

There's not much crediting any of this, so I have to say seeing is believing for that. Especially since they haven't added new types since Gen II, I think. I've also heard rumors about a Flying type eevee, which directly contradicts that. The biggest discrediter for me here is that the trailer didn't look like a space colony. It looked like a normal place. Unless that's what space colonies look like. idk.

EDIT: It said it was posted by YellowGiant on Serebii. I'm checking now, YellowGiant created his account 4/1/13, and is currently banned.
  3. Enguarde

Enguarde I only play ADV UU
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

My 2 cents...

Predicting these types for the final starter evolutions. Grass/Fighting for Chespin, Fire/Psychic for Fennekin and Water/Electric for Froakie. (I agree with Molk in noticing the sparks when Froakie attacked Patrat.)
  4. Lord Dakoth

Lord Dakoth

Just give fucking Dunsparce an evolution already.

Ahem... Gen 1 started with 151 Pokemon. Gen 2 added an additional 99. Gen 3 added 134, Gen 4 added 106, and Gen 5 added a whopping 155, for a grand total of 649 Pokemon to date.
    I'm guessing that Nintendo won't add 155 brand new mons, seeing as they have to make animated 3D models for ALL of them, but we will be close to the 800-Pokemon mark.
    As for the metagame, I hope we don't see another Dragonball Z-level power creep. I also hope that we see evolutions for neglected mons... especially Dunsparce.
  5. AerialLight

AerialLight

An overhaul of the IV/EV system and type effectiveness seems a bit too far-fetched to be true. The things posted seem too radical to be true, I wouldn't trust it completely.
  6. soulless shadow

soulless shadow

it's not trustworthy at all, imo. It was posted on Serebii on January 4th, 4 days before the announcement. The poster proceeded to get himself banned, and I feel that the trailer blatantly contradicts a couple things he said (i.e. three games being released at once. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are only two games last I checked, or the version mascot eevee thing. The whole digital thing, really). The Serebii staff deleted the original post though.
  7. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

I originally thought Chespin would be Grass/Fighting but considering he's using a move against Golurk (a Ghost Pokémon) and that move contains "shadow" effects (the purple things) it looks like he (or his evolutions at least) will be Grass/Dark. (Also Froakie will probably end up Water/Fighting giving the Pokémon community that one type triangle they wanted for ages)

Maybe he's using Night Slash or something.
  8. TheQuagsireFactor

TheQuagsireFactor

So new Eeveelutions would be dope, and no more essentially randomized IVs would be cool too. All three starters are much improved from last generation and I can't pick which one I like best. The legendaries look awesome and very well put together and remind me of the third gen legendaries. I'm most upset that this basically means there's no chance for a gen III remake (at least not anytime soon).
  9. FlapJack

FlapJack

Honestly, (this might me nostalgia talking) I'm not too excited about the new games being on 3DS. I don't really like the male character too much but the feamle is ok. As for the starters, Chespin is my fav and will definitely be my partner in crime during my playthrough of these games.
  10. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

So, an anon posted this on /vp/:
    [​IMG]
  11. Espeon65

Espeon65

12. soulless shadow

soulless shadow

This so much. Aside that some players don't have a 3DS (I do because my old DS had been breaking around when they came out), But I feel like, from what I saw in the trailer, it didn't look like Pokemon. I mean, yeah, there have been art and aesthetic differences between generations before, but this is different. I'm going to miss the whole grid set up that just made me think pokemon.
  13. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

The DS is outdated hardware. Those Pokemon are Pokemon. If GameFreak says they're Pokemon, they're Pokemon. What makes a Pokemon look like a Pokemon anyway?
  14. The Cicada

The Cicada

Fire would completely decimated the grass guy tho. 2x weak to both of its stabs
  15. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

"Wait... but I think the typing of the starters will be..."
    Show Hide
    SHUT THE FUCK UP!

All right. Very much liking the fire starter, Fennekin. Also very much liking the drift away from spamming Dragon-type legendaries, and hopefully, we'll get some unique typings/moves for the legendaries this time, and the introduction of stronger physical Uber mons would be nice, as there are just too many special powerhouses. Would like additional evolutions to pokes rather than spamming "new" pokes like in 5th gen. Honestly, pokemon like Trubbish were... garbage. Definitely looking forward to the release-I'm gonna get a 3DS somehow!
  16. soulless shadow

soulless shadow

I'm not talking about the pokemon themselves, I'm talking about how the walk around system looks. i'm gonna look again, but it looked like it didn't follow the grid system pokemon usually does.

EDIT: Yeah, I looked again, I'm gonna miss the old walk around system.
  17. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Damn! Gonna have to dish out the money for a 3DS. Also, please check out my channel( in sig) for updated news as well as my thoughts on the new pokemon. Really cant wait though!
  18. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

Has anyone considered that the Y legendary might be Fighting/Flying?

That might just be wishful thinking, but I don't know... that would be a great STAB combo as well as some nice defensive typing.
  19. Sanchezasaurus

Sanchezasaurus

One thing I am most interested in (I don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet, I was too lazy to read the whole thread) is preevos and eevos of old pokes. To date, every odd generation has left old pokes untouched, while even gens introduce new evolutions to old mons. And seeing as this is gen 6, I'm expecting this. Kinda looking forward to new eevos, because I always thought it's better to work off old designs then try to be original all over again.

thoughts from others?
  20. LionKingMax

LionKingMax

Guys, I got it! The typing of the starters will be-*Shot*

Inb4 everything will be mono type and you'll all be hyped for nothing.
  21. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

That's a bit unfounded, as the Vulpix line, the Magby line, the Cyndaquil line, and Entei can all learn at least one Psychic-type attack. That being said, I do subscribe to the Fire/Psychic theory (as well as the Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting ones), I just had to point that out.
  22. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

So, you miss the grid system? Either way, at least you aren't doing the "MUH NOSTALGIA" thing, which makes you at least 20% cooler than casuals.
  23. oarpheus

oarpheus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

"globally released in october 2013."

this is how i fucking die. i have no patience when it comes to shit like this. WHATSOEVER.

nonetheless, the starters have already grown on me, froakie in particular, and the XY legendaries look pretty chill. not to mention the hella cool 3D models.

guess it's time to dig into all my christmas money ^.^
  24. The Cicada

The Cicada

wouldve been cool if the games were released like a week after an announcement. Why must it be such a long wait?
  25. MLaRF

MLaRF

I frankly think this is a way cool thing to focus on. Judging from the large amount of gen 1 + 2 evos in dpp, and how gens 4 and 5 can be considered somewhat too recent to really expand the dex on, i nominate 3rd gen as most likely to receive the most evolutions this gen, especially considering 3rd gen had the least evos introduced in the last even generation. Also, it would help out if they introduce r/s/e remakes this gen, much like how johto and kanto pokemon got lots of evolutions in the generation that visited the two of them a second time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)