1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Being on Smogon for a month, having no reputation yet, and not even presenting a source, you're not only killing your credibility right now but also for all future posts.

If you would "put all of your money on it", post a link to the source. This is most definitely talking about X and Y.
  2. MB Espeon

MB Espeon

I know this is all speculation here but it's kinda funny. Over in a chat I go to I said "I can't think of anything Z-shaped. Well, maybe something serpentine"

Anyhow, rumors. They sound interesting but I can't say much since rumors and all.
  3. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I love your move ideas, and if Melt Away discards choice items, berries and leftovers, it could be one of the most used moves in the metagame!
    However, not too keen on the range idea. It could make battles more interesting, but at the same time more complicated.
  4. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

I posted most of the 2ch related rumors and even I am pretty skeptical of whether they are true or not. I'm pretty sure they arent but Im very hopeful that they are.

Nothing has been confirmed at all about this "leak". This platypus icon dude needs to realize this. His translation was actually quite flawed and I had to find a better one because of said flaws.

This entire discussion is pure speculation.
  5. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

Might as well comment on these. It's an interesting idea, but what would happen to the old moves? Would they become TMs? While most of them aren't much use competitively, even Cut and Strength have some use in game. The real issue is that they're not easily removable. That was initially introduced to prevent people from getting stuck in the early generations, where could get stuck, but in modern Pokemon games the need is no longer there. It's not needed as a drawback to them being infinitely usable anymore since TMs are reusable now too.

As for the moves themselves, Code Break sounds interesting, though likely not very useful competitively.

Melt Away seems overpowered though; there's a reason Knock Off does negligible damage and returns items at the end of battle. Could you imagine how sucky it would be if a move that destroys items that aren't berries was on an opponent in game? OH there goes your only Charcoal! Shucks. Just as bad, competitively a move that can actually HURT things AND remove their item would be crazy overpowered, since you're no longer risking wasting a turn on a Pokemon whose item you've knocked off already.

And that Mind Force move... I'm missing something I think, since I have no idea why it'd be less likely to work in a row, since you seem to be describing an attacking move. Though that is an interesting idea; a semi-powerful move that doesn't work well successively. A new type of drawback instead of lower accuracy at the start or lowered stats. The whole not being able to hit them with physical attacks the next turn just adds too much to a single move though. How the hell would they even pack all that information into the little move explanation thing they have in game?

As for Range, i think that'd be complicating and changing way too much for a mainstream Pokemon game. It'd probably work better in a side game. It'd just be way too much for casual and young players to wrap their head around.
  6. Redjar

Redjar

To be fair, he didn't say you're wrong. He's saying it's not confirmed. Which is true... You could be right, but it's not confirmed.

Also. Hammerhead shark pokemon. Water/Steel with great SpecAtk. Learns electric moves and is based on Mjolnir. X and Y. 2013. Tell your friends.
  7. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

Thor's hammer as a shark? Sounds neat.

I want to see Gullinbursti and Fenrir become pokemon.
  8. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

We already have one hammerhead shark pokemon,and he's good enough.
  9. PokemonXY

PokemonXY

Actually XX is female and XY is male. But I think your legendary typings are really good.
  10. Redjar

Redjar

No we don't...

Also, we have multiple birds, bugs, insects and other fish... We have 2 different bee pokemon. Etc...
  11. PokemonXY

PokemonXY

I wonder what gym typings are going to be, right now it looks like there is a Psychic gym, Bug Gym and possibly a grass type gym. I think the gyms are: Normal, Grass, Electric, Water, Bug, Fighting, Psychic, and Fire.
  12. Yveltal

Yveltal

Save range for a spinoff game. the next time they decide to outshine Pokemon conquet is when i'd expect something like attacking distance to become a vital part of gameplay.

I think that fire area with the flame pillars might belong to an elite four member. it looked a little too dramatic to be a gym.
  13. Blazen

Blazen

Weaken Melt Away a bit, maybe change it to Burn Away? It can replace cut (burns down small trees). The secondary effect is that it causes the opponent to drop their held item (they get it back at the end of battle).

Code Break could just become Haze, and remove all stat changes on the opponent.

For Mind Force, how about making it into a Rapid Spin. It picks up all obstacles on your side of the field and flings them at your opponent. The more obstacles the higher the damage. If there are any Toxic Spikes, then the attack has a chance to poison the opponent. It's a Psychic attack, so Dark types are immune (meaning that Sableye, and Spiritomb are key Spin-blockers).

How about this? An Ice/Dark type wolf Pokemon. His ability? Deals extra damage to legendaries!
  14. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

An ability or attack that deals more/less damage based on the BST would be kind interesting
  15. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

I don't think the leak is real, still good discussion food.
  16. labarith

labarith

Thief needs to be upgraded to 60 damage, like Covet, so that we can have another decent utility move for Technician pokemon.

Similarly, pickpocket needs to be fixed to work on any physical contact - offense or defense.
  17. Yveltal

Yveltal

Game freak doesn't really know what to do with HMs, since they keep changing them up. Flash and Rock smash aren't HMs anymore, but that's undersatandable since they weren't really required in the latest games to get anywhere.

You guys, we need our obnoxious field moves to remain special. If you're like me and you don't go on a hunting rampage until after beating the main story, HMs mean a lot more to you. They require building a good set of pokemon to get you across forests, rivers and mountains.

Besides, how can you not be happy with the Move Deleter?
  18. Nomark

Nomark

I'm hoping for Xerneas to be Steel/Grass and Yveltal to be Dark/Flying. It balances the types and goes well with the designs.
  19. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

What has Technician that needs a Dark-type move over something else? Persian already has Bite, which is a lot more useful.
  20. Seth Vilo

Seth Vilo

[​IMG]
    Hi. My name is Garchomp. I'm based on a shark, specifically a land-based hammer-head with the protrusions on the sides of my head like hammer-heads. Pleasure to meet you.

On a total side conversation, I know a few people have noticed the strange amount of times the adds and even Direct said something about the stronger your bond being, the more powerful your Pokemon become. Yes, this could be referencing the EV system, but what it it's something more? Thoughts? The craziest idea I came up with when I was coffee'd up was a fifth move, but that's nuts as I said before.
  21. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

Because you can't access him when you need him most; when you're learning a goddamn move (by level up). HM slaves exists for a reason and I really, really wish we did not require them. I hate ruining my good Pokemon with bad HM moves, but I also hate being forced to carry less than a full team at a time in order to NOT ruin my Pokemon.

Just make them all TMs, problem solved. You can't get rid of TMs anymore so there's no danger of not being able to reteach a move if you accidentally delete it. There is literally no reason to have HM moves be non-deletable anymore. It'd make everything so much less annoying and all Gamefreak has to do is rewrite one goddamn line of code on all these moves...
  22. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

I want contests to be more like gen 3. I liked those contests to be much more fun. Then again this is all opinion based.

Also gym leader for post game would be cool. I imagine it being like the battle subway but you must use monotype. While not being required to use the same monotype for multiple sets of battles.

Secret bases to rebattle upto at least 3 friends with a competent ai.

Edit: if you can forget hms imagine if you are surfing and learn over surf... What happens
  23. Cobraroll

Cobraroll

One thing I'd like to see one day is Darkness as a weather. Yep, the kind you've encountered in caves since Gen. I and (never bothered to) banish with Flash.

Don't know too much about its battle effects, though. Knowing GameFreak, they would probably give it accuracy-reducing effects. This would suck for the metagame, but that isn't very important in the big picture. We'd send it the way of DrizzleSwim, Double Team and Brightpowder. Us banning it wouldn't prevent GameFreak from putting it in their games.

Darkness could just as well be a boon to Ghost- and Dark-Pokémon too/instead. It could boost any single of their stats except for Speed and Accuracy, and I'd be content (NOTE: Not all of them at the same time. I just say that it could work just as well for either raising their evasion, their offensive stats, or their defensive stats).
    Most Dark moves have pretty low base power, so perhaps it could work well as an offensive boost, similar to Water moves in Rain and Fire in Sun.

It could even work as a bonus for "sneaky" playstyles. For instance, doubling passive damage or increase the chance of side effects happening. After all, everything gets worse in the dark...

As far as weathers go, I don't see any other plausible candidates. Remember that the key characteristics of weather (aside from the overworld effects): it does not stack, and affects both sides equally. Trick Room is not a weather per the first definition, while Tailwind would fail to the second. Perhaps some strong winds could be a weather, but... nah. It would be a stupid premise to require the Pokémon to take positions so that they both get the wind from the side. Especially in wild battles.
  24. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Guy, you posted exactly one of things that I desire.

A prime candidate for this hipothetical Darkness weather would be Tyranitar. Although it has vulnerability to Dugtrio, a boost to Crunch is nothing to scoff of. Boosting Pursuit would be also a boon. It could be the king of both sandstorm and darkness. Apart from Tyranitar, I can't imagine much other candidates, other than Hydreigon, and Jellicent. I'm sure that if this sort of weather existed, they would invent a specific inducer for it.
  25. CountBleck

CountBleck

To be fair they were considerably less obnoxious in gen V than all previous gens at least.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)