Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

Again, everyone seems reticent to post the original 2ch link. I think we'd all benefit from a look at it. Or at least a picture of it with the full writing (more than that one which apparently has an incorrect transcription.
  2. A Fhaol Bhig

A Fhaol Bhig

To late, he posted another page on why it matters so much. I can't wait to go "I told you so" a year from now.

Anyways if our water starter does end up being Water/Fighting what are the chances he'll end up like poliwrath? Really good typing and moveset hampered by so so offensive stats. I don't think its going to be a fast one obviously but some nice bulk AND decent offensive stats would be really cool.
  3. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat
    is a Tiering Contributor

I actually see froakie having decent speed around 90. As i explained earlier, the water starters have yet to have decent speed with blastoise/ gatr being the fastest. I feel like we may finally get some speed with froakie s frailer design.

Edit i would also be interested in some translations of 2ch responses to the original source
  4. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

Given the Dream World and the fact that Game Freak has been making previous underwhelming monsters relevant via new abilities (see Espeon with Magic Bounce), what abilities would you like to see the starters have if they (hopefully) due away with the Torrent, Blaze, and Overgrow tradition? I realize that there is too little information out there about the starters themselves, but since were speculating about everything from types to snowflakes, it might be interesting...
  5. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

OH MY GOODNESS!!! WHY CAN'T WE DROP THIS!!! I realize I messed up when I stated it was "confirmed" and I revoke that statement. Now to deal with you, Jimera0. I NEVER SAID I WAS THE FIRST TO UNCOVER OR TRANSLATE ANYTHING! All I said was that I saw the leak and used a translator so that you could all have the full text of the leak. If you want to blame me for a statement, provide evidence, as I never said I was the first. The quote in my signature explains everything.
  6. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Incinerate does melt away, and even though it has low power because it hits all enemies, it still only destroys berries, so I would assume melt away wouldn't even be close to decent if you factor in the gain from not hitting multiple enemies but loss from destroying anything.
  7. shockwave527

shockwave527

I like the mind force idea. I agree, Melt Away is a bit op. Maybe it'd be less powerful or something.

As for the old HMs, anything that's not used could be made a TM since they now have infinite power too. Maybe they work like Dig where they still DO something but are not obtained in a special way and aren't necessary to complete the game or get anything important in any way.

Haven't seen this mentioned:
    Do we expect a dream world in this game, and will the new pokemon get DW abilities as well? It was more about new abilities on old pokemon and a special thing to Unova, so how would that work here...?
  8. Basileus

Basileus

Congrats on your first rage quit. ^^

We talked about that somewhere...

GOD DAMNIT, I KEEP DOUBLE POSTING. a know what? I am done, I give up, I am not gonna risk my membership by being an idiot, I am gonna stop posting here ;__;
  9. Skore

Skore

As long as it does't devolve into suggesting the starters get auto-weather abilities.

Water type - Water Absorb or Dry Skin
    Fire Type - Serene Grace or Synchronise
    Grass Type - Skill Link or Hyper Cutter
  10. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat
    is a Tiering Contributor

I definitely see dw returning as it gives access to cool pokemon while allowing nintendo to postpone the release of game breaking Pokemon to keep people interested. I just hope that pokemon dontbget anymore abilities as four would be a clutter. The starters will undoubtedly have blaze torrent overgrow but will get dw abilities.

I ask that egg moves and learn sets to be reexamined and shaken up a little this gen

Edit water absorb on water fighting would be awesome. Granted it would clearly be poliwrath 2.0 but it would be great being immune to scald. Maybe an ability that raises speed when hit by water attacks.

Dream poke
    Froakie evo water fighting
    Sd aqua jet close combat waterfall
    Water absorb or speed boosting ability
    90+ spe 100+ atk
  11. Skore

Skore

U-Turn for Weavile!
  12. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

A sturdy swinub would be fun, its a more practical aron, and wouldn't exactly be broken since pretty much every team is either experienced and can dodge defeat, deserves to lose, or has a perma weather besides hail.
  13. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Bad Moon: "The Pokémon casts off all light on the surroundings, enclosing the battlefield in darkness for 5 turns. Increases Ghost-types' Speed and Dark-type moves' power, and decreases Psychic-types' Sp. Defense and Fighting-type moves' Accuracy."

Acid Rain: Decreases Steel-types' defensive stats and non-Poison-, non-Steel-types' offensive stats by 1/3 (equivalent to a -1 stage, but not cleared off by Haze and such).

There~
  14. Blazen

Blazen

My thoughts on the Starter abilities is a simple one. Scrap Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow/Swarm(optional) and replace them with a single ability that raises the power of same type moves in a pinch. It won't change a thing for many of them (the Gen 2 starters kinda get the shaft here), but I like it better. As for alternate abilities:

Fennekin: Technician, or Telepathy

Chespin: Depends on how he evolves. I can see Adaptability, Arena Trap, and Battle Armor as viable options

Froakie: Lightning Rod
  15. Vemane

Vemane

Congrats on your first rage quit. ^^

Anyway, God some of these comments are stupid.

"'Melt away' would be way less useful than incinerate because it actually HAS an effect but it doesn't hit all targets"

Like... What the actual fuck

This isn't the only one by any shot whatsoever, but just happened to be one i particularly remembered

Can we try to have posts contain some sort of logic or something... Or idk

some of the responses on this thread are just incredibly disconcerting and, quite frankly, plain stupid

But i digress. I doubt I'll be getting the game as I don't care for investing in a 3ds, but from a sim perspective, I would love to see a nerf to weather in general, not to get rid of it, but simply to make it less of a dominating playstyle.

The 5-8 turn thing isn't actually a bad idea, as now nonweather teams can just dispose of the starter. Plus, having to switch in the starter multiple times is a big hit to momentum.

I don't get the big deal over whether or not the starters will make a second triangle. Competitively, it makes no difference whatsoever. Ingame, if they do, great. If they don't, who gives a shit? Use a different pokemon... Or just use the starter anyways. It makes no difference at all
  16. labarith

labarith

Mainly, I don't see why Covet should be 60 while Thief 40.

It strikes me that a 60(90) dark move is better than a 40(60) one.
    Thieving really feels like it should be better done in black, no?
  17. Basileus

Basileus

How do I rage quit myself?
  18. Agonist

Agonist He had seen it, felt its might, bent under
    is a Forum Moderator

Who cares? You never see either competitively, except maybe Covet on Persian.
  19. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

No.
  20. Vemane

Vemane

Considering rage quit isn't even a real, defined term, I'm assuming that it is very possible to "rage quit yourself."

But don't take too much to it. It was, obviously, I had assumed, simply a snarky poke at the fact that you said the same exact thing to someone, before having an even larger "rage quit" yourself.
  21. Pokesal

Pokesal

Pokemon X and Y

I really hope there is a new type in this game. It's been so long since they've added a new type. I actually don't think they've ever added a new type ever since the first generation came out. So a new type would be nice. Like a Light type maybe.
  22. shockwave527

shockwave527

*For info on all discussions about a Light type, please see about half-way back in the discussion, maybe between page 20-40, while the rest of us (please let this be true) DON'T go into another whole discussion on a theory already milked dry.
  23. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

Arena Trap seems OP (in-game) for a starter, but I like the idea of a specially based Technician user besides Roserade, assuming Fennekin is specially based.
  24. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

In Generation I, there was not a Dark or Steel type. Those didn't come out until GSC.
  25. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat
    is a Tiering Contributor

I would love arena trap on the grass starter for dw. It would gaurentee him a place in ou. Grass starters deserce a shot at ou
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)