1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

I think that this will be the system used, mostly so that it's easier for trainers to "spot" you and initiate a battle. There's really no evidence in the video though. I don't think the sharp left turn in the forest really proves or disproves either theory.

Onto my hopes, the following list is of unused pokemon type combinations and why I think they haven't been made yet:

Electric/ Rock - I was actually hoping to find one of these in Chargestone Cave, oh well
    Fire/ Ice - kind of polar opposites in the pokemon world, but then again we do have a psychic fighting
    Dragon/ Poison - because GF hates poison types
    Electric/ Poison - see above
    Dark/Psychic - this one is baffling, it seems like we would have already had one of these
    Psychic/ Ghost - same thing as above
    Electric/ Dark - again, same thing as above
    Bug/ Ice - bugs don't like to live in the cold (unless they used the colloquial term bug for sickness and made an ice virus called the common cold)

I think the most likely combination we'll see in the new gen is Electric/Dark. I was really surprised when I discovered this and at first didn't believe it, thinking Luxray was Electric/Dark (it should have been =/). The other ones seem kind of Farfetch'd (wishing for an evo).
  2. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

Omg, why are you posting that on here?! Like run. To. Nearest GameFreak studio? Now? xD
  3. Pokesal

Pokesal

I hope there are more older regions in this game, since they are using a 3DS cartridge that can hold more data.
  4. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

That said, creating multiple regions in 3D, takes.... awhile...
  5. Pokesal

Pokesal

I know, but it would add a lot of replay value to the game.
  6. czechm8

czechm8

Total speculation, but if pokemon Z in based of the Nordic serpent we may finnaly have our poison typed legendary (Arceus doesn't count). IIRC every snake pokemkn GF has made has been poision type i.e. Ekans, Arbok, Seviper. So I could see pokemkn Z being poision/ground or maybe poison/rock. Knowing GF they'll probably make him a dragon or some bullshit.
  7. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Serperior isn't a Poison-type...
  8. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

Ah, but it probably won't be a snake as Nidhoggr is only a serpent. It will probably be closer to a rock or ground type mix between Dragonair and Onix.
  9. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

Dratini and Dragonair aren't poison types.
    Edit:There are also Onix,Steelix,Dunsparce and Milotic.
  10. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Dratini and Dragonair aren't based off snakes either. They're based off sea serpents, which are dragons and hence the Dragon typing.
  11. Gator Possum

Gator Possum

The Serperior line is based on glass lizards, so they don't count, either.
  12. labarith

labarith

Take my love.
    Take my land.
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care,
    I'm still free.
    You can't take Eviolite from me.
    [​IMG]
  13. Blazen

Blazen

Wow that's broken.
  14. Redjar

Redjar

Not really.

Longer games don't equal more replayability.
  15. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

Haha *runs to fetch knock-off Sableye*
  16. labarith

labarith

Enjoy. He never gets an evolution evar.
  17. Yveltal

Yveltal

A bug/ice would likely be based on an extremophile.
    psychic/dark seems like a shadow the hedgehog chaos control sort of super beast
  18. b2j135

b2j135

Sableye evolves into Spiritomb [​IMG]

you mean a Psychrophile or Cryophile?
    I wonder how a germ Pokemon would look...
    competitively...4x weakness to fire and stealth rock isn't all that amazing...
  19. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

Most of those sound good, but I can't quite see Electric/Dark (though it sounds really good ^^). And Electric/Rock is like yikes. Levitate could work, but would not make too much sense, leaving - Magnet Rise for all!

I'd like to see some more 'clever' and stubborn defenders, using their abilities to actively check overpowered stuff, the Regenerators of last gen were a great start.

Also a much needed power boost for grass, ice and poison types in general. Does it rain a lot in Japan? GameFreak likes rain a little too much =O

More checks for those pesky waters please - in 3-4 months maybe? xD
  20. MMX

MMX

What if it had Magic Guard or Regenerator?

EDIT: Germs do replicate themselves, so it could make sense.
  21. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

Here's a thought, springboarding of off some other ideas. As others have said, an Acid Rain ability would be neat, damaging everything but Poison, Dark and Ghost (for example.) It would also activate its weather abilities (Sludge Rush?) and maybe it could remove Steel's immunity to Poison. Idk, something to make Poison less crap on the offensive.

But, and here's my main idea, make Drizzle and Rain Dance unable to remove Acid Rain. Acid Rain is Rain + Pollution. Add rain and you have...Rain+Pollution. It makes sense. To me at least.
    I realise this idea is too specific to have much chance of being in, but I'm allowed a little pointless wishmaking, right?
  22. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk

I'm against the idea of Drizzle not being able to remove Acid Rain ('cuz then it wouldn't be much of a weather war, would it?), but the idea itself sounds really cool. Maybe Steel types could take additional damage from it since they're corroding?
  23. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Taking from your buff poison idea, i must say that simply put poison will never be good offensively. The fact that the only type it hits SE often has a secondary typing to cover it just screams that. What i want is more supportive options because poison is defensive inclined type (resist fighting, grass, bug, poison and immune to toxic). In all honestly we seem to be heading the right way. Now if only we get poison types with GOOD stats...
  24. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

Just make a new poison type attack deal special extra damage to water types only (on your theme of pollution ^^), as if they were a grass type say? Or release more water-absorbers on poison walls? Or bit of both? :naughty:
  25. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

I know that pretty much all directly damaging Poison attacks are useless, but that would also let you affect Steel types with Toxic and Toxic Spikes. And the idea was that while you get a nice advantage (auto-winning the weather war against the strongest weather) there would be a cost (haha, you're using Poison-types.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)