1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaiCrunch

TaiCrunch

This is the greatest thing that could possibly happen to Dunsparce.
  2. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

This is the greatest pokemon i have ever seen.
  3. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

...ya. A skarmory evolution would and should never happen. Not only would skarm get eviolite, the evo would undoubtedly be better. But as for the baby evo, I could (and want to) see that happen. Skarmory is a duo with Mantine and mantyke was made in gen iv. I think it's time to give skarm that long awaited baby evo.
  4. Basileus

Basileus

I hate baby evolutions, they do nothing but sit there and be cute...
  5. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Come on, she's not burned; she's just gone.
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Imagine a little Skarmory in Little Cup! That would be awesome!
  6. Basileus

Basileus

I don't even want to respond to the comment above me it is so ridiculous.
  7. Green

Green

this post gives me shame
  8. Hank14

Hank14

I could take it down. Just was bored so I posted a wall of text
  9. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I would enjoy babies more if they do what they're supposed to: make pokemon lines more common and available much earlier. BW2 did this the best so far but I'd like to see more

Adding in baby Pokemon that you can only get by breeding is awful (GEN 2 & 3 LOOKING AT YOU)
  10. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Incense da best

Gen 4 did this to a certain extent as well, but the problem was that the mons that they did it for were primarily ones that were, well, awful. Mr. Mime is a pretty mediocre Pokemon and Sudowoodo is worse. Baby forms are good for mons that appreciate them, but basically irrelevant otherwise. In any case, I could see something like a baby form for Dunsparce or Girafarig (both of which could be reincorporated into 3-stage lines; the former is actually really strong in the earlygame by itself due to rollout); I really hope they don't do this "only new mons" bs; old gen mons are steadily getting worse with time (some have, of course, stayed terrible since their introduction) and the only way to solve this at the current moment (outside of stat rebalancing and vast movepool changes) is to grant new evolutions if possible.
  11. labarith

labarith

The only reason to do babies/Pre-evolutions, competitively, is to work with Eviolite or a variant there-of. (Or, I suppose, to do stupid Prankster/whatever things if you're a jerk... which also works with Eviolite!)

Theoretically pre-evolutions could also provide an excuse why this long-time pokemon can't learn this commonsense move that GF wants to give to it, but wants to explain away.

Of course! For Heatran to learn Scald, it had to learn it in it's pre-evolution form, Wateran! It was so obvious!
  12. Seiklis

Seiklis

I really want a Marowak evolution Ghost/ground makes the most sense imo and if they could incorporate the missing Marowak graveyard to have it evolve in, it could really work.

Sableye would be my 2nd choice though Breloom getting a stat upgrade could be hilarious

Edit: And how could I ever forget Relicanth, definitely needs a Dunkleosteus evolution (or would it be de-evolution)

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  13. CountBleck

CountBleck

These are the only reasons competitive people would make babies.

Gamefreak makes babies because they are cute.... and sell merchandise
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

Just had a good move idea while... doing... something....
    Anyway, the idea:

Roto-Cannon
    Type: Steel
    After this moved is used, it's accuracy decreases until another move is used or the pokemon is switched out, and the Pokemon using the move gains immunity to ground types for the next turn. Hits 2-5 times in succession.
  15. CynicalGiant

CynicalGiant

No point for Dunsparce to get a baby form, considering its pretty much always on an early route.

I dont get the logic here.
  16. shockwave527

shockwave527

There's your logic.
  17. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Completely against. Stealth Rock was made exactly because they were immune to Spikes.
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

We need some kind of hazard-clause option, basically allowing you to choose if you want to play with hazards or not. That'd probably end up creating a whole new set of tiers for non-hazards as pokemon/types that are shit now due to rocks may move up, but that should really be a choice.
  19. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

When do you guys think more confirmed info will come out?
  20. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Come on, she's not burned; she's just gone.
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Yeah, wanna know how to make Dragonite broken? Make him immune to all types of hazards. Seriously, so many Pokémon would become a million times more broken if they were immune to hazards because they were Flying type or a Levitator. Besides, look at the wording when you use Stealth Rock: "Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!"

float in the air

float in the air

FLOAT IN THE AIR
  21. czechm8

czechm8

I can't hope enough that GF will grant the magnificent dunsparce an evolution that will properly suit his majesty. Obviously he is secretly the serpent that lives under the Nordic tree I can't spell. He clearly evolved a drill tail to escape, GF actually designed these new games solely to show case the beauty of dunsparce. ALL HAIL DUNSPARCE!

(I realize this is all insane)
  22. shockwave527

shockwave527

Hopefully in Pokemon Smash this weekend, but if not then, most likely in the next Corocoro about a month from now. That's when I'll bet we'll see starter evolutions and MAYBE some other pokemon, the region etc.
  23. R_N

R_N

Stop getting your hopes up
    They didn't mention it last week and it wasn't in the preview for this week

At best it will probably be talked about in the preview for next week and even then it will probably just be them showing the trailer.

IN ADDITION why would you ever think that they'd show the evolutions before any other Pokemon
  24. shockwave527

shockwave527

Hey, pokemon smash would only be my hope. I don't really watch it, so I wouldn't know about previews, so then probably not this week. I'd hope they'd say SOMETHING in Corocoro, and evolutions of the starters is something people really want to see. I think they'd probably also show some others, but yeah.
  25. R_N

R_N

gen 5 was the only one to show off starter evolutions pre-release and that was like a month (ish) before BW came out.

The starters weren't even shown in this corocoro!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)