Pokémon XY Data Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to recalc Noivern's bases and update the OP. There's no way he's running that special attack with no EVs (Screenshotter confirmed no EVs) if he has 90 base.
There would have to be EVs since it's been in battles unless it was raised by EXP share and that doesn't transfer EVs anymore. Maybe the screenshotter thought EVs only came from Super Training or something.

There would have to be EVs since it's been in battles unless it was raised by EXP share and that doesn't transfer EVs anymore. Maybe the screenshotter thought EVs only came from Super Training or something.
Or, you know, they just used a Rare Candy, since there's only a single level difference between the Noibat and Noivern.

Or, you know, they just used a Rare Candy, since there's only a single level difference between the Noibat and Noivern.
Look at the bar for experience. If it used Rare Candy it wouldn't have any of it filled, so obviously it's gotten EXP at some point somehow. The Noibat's bar is empty yet the Noivern's is over halfway full. I hate that "or, you know," bs it's so condescending when really you don't know.

Even if it did gain EVs, the amount gained in one level difference from 57 to 58 won't be enough to significantly affect the stats, I'd imagine.
We'd have to know what was battled to get it there. It gained over 15,000 EXP in between those pictures so it's hard to tell without knowing what level the things were it was battling.

We'd have to know what was battled to get it there. It gained over 15,000 EXP in between those pictures so it's hard to tell without knowing what level the things were it was battling.
15k experience gained, if he gained it in Victory Road, which is reasonable to assume since Noibat is captured there, and assuming 1500 exp per kill, which is not much, makes that 10 kills tops. Even if he only battled pokémon that gave 3 evs in Special Attack each, that would be 30 EVs tops. That's 7 stat points at level 100, and thus 3-4 at level 58. EVs don't explain the difference, then.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I took the Pokemon's original base stats and added 100 to that for each Mega Pokemon. If the pattern stands, any BSTs different from those listed are incorrect and the base stats should be recalculated.

The person on /vp/ who originally posted the screenshot stated that he leveled the Noibat up on the Elite Four

Meaning it does NOT explain where the stats magically came from if it was 90 base

Also, assuming it's the same as past gens, the Noibat would only have had to battle one or two of them anyway.

138 Sp. Attack on a neutral natured Noivern can't be lower than 96 base, and depending on IVs, it could go up to 112 or so base. This is a very rough calculation using Pokémon Showdown team builder and using pokémon with different special attack values, but definitely excludes the possibility of 90 base Sp. Attack...

...Unless he used vitamins on his Noivern, of course.

One level of EVs against high-level Pokemon, on the Elite 4 no less, is going to make much of a dent in EVs.

New Noivern stats: 90/80/80/100/80/120 (BST: 550)

Same BST as Volcarona. Kinda makes sense, honestly.
I was thinking 105 sp. atk and 115 speed, but that could be right too.

Level 37 Mega Medicham, unknown nature.
Calcs on 100/88/72/80/78/81?

Image:
image.jpg

Edit: Ninja'd, but at least I have a stable image.

Mega Medicham (Pure Power)

60/100/85/80/85/100 BST: 510

Edit: regular is 60/60/75/60/75/80 BST: 410

Edit 2: Calc screwed me over :I

Last edited:
http://i.imgur.com/Zam1u3o.jpg

Here is a picture of my frogadier's stats at level 17. I super trained it to have 252 evs in SPecial attack and speed. It is a bashful nature. Hopefully that can help with stat calculations
46 - 61/49 - 64/43 - 58/ 73 - 89/ 55 - 70/ 94 - 109

How sure are you about the EVs considering it's Super Training, and what is Super Training like,
also any clue about the other 4 EVs?

One point in a single stat isn't going to help much with the uncertainty, compared to a range of ~19 per stat from the unknown IVs and low level.

Also, I'm getting a slightly wider range of 46-64/49-67/43-61/74-92/55-73/94-112.

For example, Speed BST 112 + theoretical IV 0 + EV 252 at level 17 = (112*2+252/4)*.17 + 5 = 287*.17 + 5 = 53.79 -> 53.

I suggest people check out the BST calculator I posted a few pages back; I added an automatic calculation that turns a range of possible (2*BS + IV) totals into a range of possible Base Stats given completely unknown IVs.

Last edited:
yeah jdaster64, yours are right, I did it by hand and just did some quick and dirty solve for BS without considering the odd rounding that is int math when you work backwards.

No problem, it took me probably ten tries before I got the calculator to get the (2*BS+IV) ranges exactly right, and even then getting a full range with unknown IVs isn't that intuitive.

If there aren't already people doing it before I get the game on Saturday, I'm going to probably catch/breed multiple copies of some of the new Pokémon (particularly Dedenne, I'd love to know if that ~445 average I calculated is correct) to get rid of some of the uncertainty in the IV's. It's a total shame that the IV system means that we'll have ranges of at least 16 possible values regardless of level, if we're only basing it off of one Pokémon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)